Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Torment Series - Part I: Captured, The

by MerryKate
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Torment Series - Part I: Captured

The Torment Series - Part I: Captured

by MerryKate

Summary: Sam is captured by an unknown enemy
Category: Angst, Drama, Future Story, Hurt/Comfort, Series
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: adult themes, violence
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 01/19/04

The Torment Series - by MerryKate

Part I: Captured

"We're receiving SG-1's iris code, Sir."

General Hammond moved into the control room and surveyed the gate for a brief moment before nodding his head. "Open the iris."

For a tense moment or two, nothing happened and no one stepped through the event horizon. "Are you sure it was their signal?" Hammond asked the technician, just before bodies began to fly through the shimmering blue expanse.

"Medical team to the embarkation room!" he commanded, before hurrying to meet SG-1 on the ramp.

He reached a hand down and helped Jack to his feet. "Colonel O'Neill?" he questioned, looking the haggard man over for any visible signs of injury. "Dr. Jackson. Teal'c." The other two men awkwardly stood to their feet, their expressions confused and helpless.

General Hammond waited until Jack had caught his breath before asking his next question. "Colonel O'Neill, where is Major Carter?"

Jack's brow furrowed before turning around to take in the scene before him. "She's right...." His words slowly faded as he realized that she wasn't with them. "I don't know, Sir," he answered softly, confusion once more clouding his features.

General Hammond shook his head. "Get them down to the infirmary," he stated to the medical team when they hurried into the room at last.

.....................

An hour passed before General Hammond was allowed to question the remaining members of the SG-1 team, but only for a few moments, per Dr. Warner's orders. When it came to medical matters, even he had to follow the rules. He carefully approached Jack's beside and nodded his head when the Colonel looked up at him. "What's the last thing you remember?" he asked.

"Leaving on the mission, Sir," Jack replied, trying hard to keep his anxiety from showing. If he didn't convince Dr. Warner that he was well on his way to recovery, he wouldn't be allowed to go back to....wherever it was they had been....to look for Carter. "I don't remember a thing after we passed through the gate." He paused. "How long were we out there?"

"About three hours," Hammond answered softly. He sighed deeply and shook his head. "And you have no memory at all of even visiting the planet?"

"None, Sir," Jack stated. "If we aren't able to leave yet...." He paused and turned his head to take in Teal'c and Daniel, who were still being fussed over by other members of the medical staff. "...Request permission for another SG team to be sent through the gate."

"I can't do that yet," the General replied. "Until we find out what happened to you and the others, I can't risk sending someone else." He held up a hand to prevent further argument. "Just...allow Dr. Warner and his team to finish their tests. Once I have that information, I'll be better able to make an assessment of the situation."

"The situation *is*, General," Jack stated, trying desperately to keep his tone civil, "that Carter is *missing*."

"I know that, Jack," Hammond replied, using his first name in an effort to calm him. "And we're going to do everything we can to find her, but not until I know that no one else will be lost in the process. Is that understood?"

"Yes, Sir," Jack replied softly, after only a momentary hesitation.

.................

"I'm not going to tell you anything," Samantha Carter stated firmly, even if it did take an incredible amount of energy just to form the words.

"Why did you come through the stargate?" the man demanded again. "For what purpose?"

"I already told you that," Sam snapped. "We're peaceful explorers. We just wanted to study your world. Nothing else."

"Lies!!" the man shouted, striking the woman again with another blow to the head. "You were taking something!! Something that belongs to us!" Another blow. "What was it? What did you want to do with it?"

Sam tried to turn away from the blows, but remained securely tied to the chair. "Just samples!" she called out, wondering why they wouldn't believe her. "We were testing it."

"Testing it for what??" he questioned.

"I can't tell you that."

"You will tell me *everything*!" the man roared, before landing another backhanded blow across her face.

...................

Sam's absence was felt even more strongly inside the briefing room where the remaining members of SG-1 had gathered. The empty seat beside Jack's seemed to scream the fact that she was missing and the Colonel tried very hard to not let his imagination run away with him. He fiddled with the pen in his hands before tossing it on the table and leaning back in the chair. He ignored the impassive look that Teal'c cast in his direction at his restlessness.

"We're going to find her, Jack," Daniel offered quietly, hoping to somehow make the man feel better.

Dr. Warner glanced up from his files briefly, pen in hand, and studied the team for a few moments before making a few more notes. Jack almost asked him what he was doing, but then then thought better of it. He didn't *care* what the man was doing.

"Sorry I'm late," General Hammond announced as he entered the room and took a seat before falling silent as he gathered his thoughts together. "Let's begin." He glanced down the table. "Dr. Warner, what are your findings?"

"Physically, they're in perfect health," Dr. Warner replied. "No...injuries that I could find. No...signs of tampering or abuse." He waved one hand in a dismissive fashion. "But as for their psychological states....I couldn't begin to hazard a guess. Obviously, something happened to them while they were gone. Now, whether their memories were deliberately tampered with, or whether they were simply knocked out cold, and, therefore, have nothing to recall, I don't know...."

"Bottom line, General," Jack interrupted. "He doesn't have a clue." He turned slightly to face the man. "No offense personally, Doctor."

Dr. Warner nodded his head in understanding, but remained silent. That statement *had* pretty much summed up the essence of his report.

"I was going to send SG-3 in....in an attempt to find Major Carter," General Hammond began, averting his gaze to the tabletop briefly. "However, we can't establish a wormhole."

"Why not?" Daniel questioned, returning the glances that came his way. "I mean....we had no problem establishing one the first time."

"We don't know," the General replied. "We've tried several times, but without success. They're performing a diagnostic on the dialing computer now, so we'll see if that sheds any light on the situation."

"Is it possible that the stargate became damaged sometime after we left the planet?" Teal'c questioned, turning his gaze toward the General.

"We have no way of knowing, Teal'c," Hammond answered. "But until we're able to dial in to the planet....."

"There's no way we can go back and rescue Carter," Jack supplied, turning his chair away from the table in frustration. Wonderful.

"What about a ship?" Daniel questioned. "Contact the Tok'ra?"

"I've already sent a message to Jacob," General Hammond answered with a nod. "Not only in hopes that they can somehow send a ship to P3A-672, but because he deserves to know what's happened to his daughter." He paused only a moment before standing to his feet. "As soon as I know anything, I'll let you know."

....................

"This is getting us nowhere," replied the figure who stood in one corner of the room. "She will not tell us anything."

"Oh...but she will," the older man assured him, flashing him a knowing smile. "Give me enough time and she'll tell us everything she knows."

End of Part I -- Part II Coming Soon!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to MerryKate