Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Resolution

by Meloko
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Resolution

Resolution
by

Meloko

TITLE: Resolution
AUTHOR: Meloko
EMAIL: faithz_angel@hotmail.com
ARCHIVE: my new website http://home.talkcity.com/BoxOfficeBlvd/cleopatra-1st/stargate.html
CATEGORY: S/D, choices
SPOILERS: Singularity, Forever in a Day
SEASON/SEQUEL: Season 3
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS:
SUMMARY: Sam discovers she's pregnant and she has a life changing decision to make.
DISCLAIMER: None of this is mine; the actual story is written by yours truly, but the characters and name etc, don't belong to me.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This was a 'what if' thing, and so I decided to write what I thought would happen if Sam really did become pregnant.By the way ** this represents their thoughts.

Daniel placed his hand into the lake and watched the water ripple around his palm. He felt relaxed here and he needed the time to think. Everything had seemed so simple before, but a complication had just come into the mist. He couldn't decided on whether to be happy, or to maybe regret that he'd let it happen. He loved Sam, but a baby would change everything.

His heart had thudded in his chest when she'd told him she was pregnant. It was so unexpected, unplanned and he didn't know how to handle it. He knew that he shouldn't have run out of there but he did.

Sam needed him, and he had run out when she had turned to him. This did affect her more than him; sure he was the baby's father but Sam would have to give up everything. She loved her job but there was no way she could carry on with a child. She had given Cassie to Janet knowing this. She had even been prepared to give up her life when Cassie had awoken in the basement. Daniel knew that she hadn't been as sure as she'd said, but she had been willing. She still saw Cassie but she'd been prepared to give her up as a child of her own. His question was could she give up her own child? Would he want her to? It was his child as well after all.

Yet he'd left her on his own to handle the decision, but he needed to think. She needed his support. What a great father thing to do. Could he even be a father?

**My own child; a small baby that would rely on me. I could teach them everything. A child with the woman I loved. It's perfect, but now. Why now? Would I have to give up my job as well? I would want to spend time with my child, and I wouldn't get to see Sam as much. What does she want? I better go find her**.

~

"Sam, I'm sorry" he put his arms around her.

She turned to him. "I know you are, but Daniel I can't make this decision on my own".

"You don't have to this baby is my decision as much as yours".

Tears fell down her face. "Daniel, I don't think I can make it".

He came round to face her and he kissed her gently and pulled her close. "We can".

"No" she pulled away.

"Sam, I'm here".

"I know" the tears continued to trickle down her face. "But it all comes down to my job. I love it, I don't know whether I can give it up".

Daniel remained silent. He knew he should reassure her, but she was right. It all came down to if she could give up this job.

"You can try and help, but it's all my decision".

"Sam" anger hit him. "This is my baby as well and I will make this decision as well".

"You make it then, be the man, decide our fate, but if you don't decide what's best for the both of us. I'll make it mine, no matter what it takes". Sam slammed the door.

"Sam, you can't do this....?"

~

Daniel left Sam alone that night and she'd manage to avoid him all day, but he wasn't going to let this go.

He grabbed her arm. "Sam, we need to discuss this".

"We've already discussed this," she hissed. "Now let go of me"

"No, we haven't. You left before we made a decision".

"You mean like you did when I told you. I needed you, but you left me to gather your thoughts. Don't tell me off for leaving"

"Sam, I'm not letting this go".

"Your wrong. I'm letting this go. We're over Daniel".

"This baby is mine whether you like it or not".

"No, there isn't going to be a baby. I'm having an abortion". Sam hit the button that led her to the surface.

~

**She can't do this; she can't kill our baby. I have as much right to make this decision as her but I don't even know what I want. Yes I do, I want this all to go back to the way it was but what about the child?·····..My own child. She'd been killing her own flesh and blood. She loves children, she's always wanted a child of her own, and now she's giving it up. How could she kill our child? I have to stop her.....**

~

"Sam" he banged on the door. "Sam, please let me in".

"Leave me alone".

"Please Sam, let me in".

The door swung open and Sam looked at him red faced. "So what do you want to do? You said you wanted your say. Now I'm giving it to you".

"I don't know".

"You never help Daniel. You demand your opinion to be heard and you don't know" she shouted.

"Sam, let me help you".

"How?" she shouted. "You can't even make up your own mind. How can you help me? The truth is you can't make up your mind. Or maybe it's me; maybe you want a child, but not mine. You still love her don't you?"

"Who? I love you Sam"

"Sha're I can never live up to her. She was your wife and I'm just second best. I'm not her Daniel, I can't be her....."

"Sam" he cupped her head in his hands. "I love you, I did love Sha're but you're not second best. I want to be with you and have this baby....."

Sam pushed his hands away. "I told you. I don't want the baby," she screamed.

"Sam, calm down". He put his arms on her to soothe her.

"Leave me alone" she pushed him out of her apartment and slammed the door.

"Sam, I have a right" he banged on the door. "This is my child".

Sam went to the living room and turned on the TV full blast. Daniel gave up and returned home hoping to catch her when she was more rational.

~

"Sam" he banged on the door. He could still hear the television so he knew she was still in there. "Sam, I'm sorry. I promised we could talk civilised. Still no answer. "Sam" he shouted and he banged harder. Still no reply; even through the TV blasting out she still could have heard him. Now he was worried. "Sam. Sam. Please Sam answer. Please Sam. I love you....." he waited to hear a response.

He pushed all his weight against the door and pushed at it. He repeated this and it finally it gave way. He ran into the apartment searching desperately for her. "Sam" he called.

He looked everywhere then his eyes saw the kitchen floor; she was lying unconscious on the floor clutching a bottle of vodka and a bottle of pills spilled over the floor.

"Sam, why?" he asked as he raced to check her pulse. It was faint but he was relieved she still had one.

Hr rushed to the phone and dialled 911 his hand shaking. He knelt to the floor by her side and checked her pulse again, still there. "Sam, don't leave me" he begged her as he waited anxiously for the sirens.

When the paramedics arrived it all seemed to blur and he barely heard his words.

"Do you know how many she took?"

Daniel shook his head. He knew nothing.

"Has she ever done this before?"

"No, she's no suicidal" he didn't want to admit it, but he had to. "She's pregnant I think she did this to kill the baby".

"She's lucky you were here".

Daniel watched the other paramedics put her on a stretcher. An oxygen mask covered her beautiful now pale face and a drip had been placed into her arm.

"You want to come, right?"

He nodded and sat down next to her. **How could she do this? **. Daniel just couldn't stop staring at her, and then all of a sudden he heard a beep.....

"She's going into defib. Stop the van" he ordered.

The driver obeyed and pulled over and the other paramedic shocked her. The line remained straight.

"Charging 260".

Relief spread over him as her heartbeat resumed.

"Hurry up, she needs to have her stomach pumped out".

The van continued to go along the road faster and in no time at all they at the hospital. There was a doctor waiting with a trolley and they helped to move her off onto it.

"Sir, I'm afraid you're going to have to wait in the waiting room. Some one will tell you as soon as we have any news".

Daniel nodded and watched Sam been carted off in the distance.

~

It seemed like he'd been waiting for an eternity. Every time he asked if there was any news, they told him nothing. He needed to speak to someone before he was driven crazy. He picked up the phone and dialled Jack's number.

Jack arrived with Teal'c about 15 minutes later.

"Still no news?"

Daniel shook his head. He couldn't help but wonder how he was taking the news of Sam's pregnancy: if she still was now.....

"She's strong, Danny boy. She can come through this....."

A doctor approached him.

"Thank God" Daniel muttered in relief.

"Dr Jackson?"

"Yes, how is she?"

"Can I speak to you alone?"

That worried him.

"She's unconscious at the moment but she's ok"

"What about the baby?"

He paused. "I'm sorry, the baby's dead. She should wake up soon. You can wait by her bed".

The doctor left him.

"She's fine, but she's not some around yet. I'm going to wait for her to wake up".

~

"Daniel"

He lifted his head and responded "Sam".

"I'm so sorry Daniel," she cried.

"Your ok, that's all that matters".

"I killed the baby, can you forgive me?"

"I love you Sam, and nothing's going to change that" he kissed her head and told her. "I forgive you Sam".

"I love you too Daniel" she replied but the truth was: could she ever forgive herself?

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Meloko