Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

New Years

by Martouf Marty
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
New Years

New Years

by Martouf Marty

TITLE: New Years
AUTHOR: Martouf Marty
EMAIL: steph_m_@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Holiday (New Years), Humor, Romance
PAIRING: Sam/Jack, Daniel/Janet
SPOILERS: the whole thing with Jack/Sam stuff
SEASON / SEQUEL: 5
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none, drunkeness
SUMMARY: A New Years party at Janet's house has some surprises in store for everyone
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: i didnt make any money, dont use this as your own. GIVE ME FEEDBACK!

"Carter." Colonel O'Neill came into Major Carter's lab. He wanted to tell her to get out of the base, and come with him to the New Years party Janet was holding at her house. Carter just continued on working and simply said, "Yeah just a minute." Colonel O'Neill then started to get a little impatient. He started to beg, "Come on Carter... We have to go to Janet's party."

Sam turned around to look at her C.O. She smiled at him. "Just five minutes okay Sir?" Sam desperately wanted to finish the project that she was working on. But she already knew that Colonel O'Neill wouldn't let her finish it.

Colonel O'Neill smiled and started to turn off the machines that were in Carter's lab. Carter heard this and turned around to look at Jack. "Hey, what are you doing?" She smiled at him. "You really want to go to this party don't you Sir?"

Jack looked at the stuff Carter was working on. He smiled at her again, and said, "Yeah I do. Don't you Carter?" He loved doing this to her: trying to get to leave her work to go to a party or something. More then that, he loved her. He looked at her and said, "So, you coming with me?"

Carter thought about it for a minute and smiled. "Yes Sir." She got out of her chair and started to shut off the machines that Jack had failed to turn off. When they were all turned off, Sam turned off the lights, and her and Colonel Jack O'Neill left the SGC to go to Janet's New Years party.

Sam sat in Jack's truck quietly as Jack drove them to Janet's house. She just stared out the windshield as Jack drove. Major Samantha Carter decided to try to start a conversation with her C.O. "So. Who's going to be there? At Janet's party I mean."

Jack glanced over at her. "Daniel, Teal'c, Janet of course... you, me. No one else. I don't think really." Jack went silent, along with Sam. They drove the rest of the way to Janet's house in silence.

Jack stopped the truck in Janet's driveway. They both got out of the vehicle and walked to the door. Sam rang the doorbell.

A few seconds later, Janet opened the door and smiled at the two. "Hey. Your finally here." They went inside Janet's house. "Been waiting for quite a while you know."

They went in to see Daniel and Teal'c standing in the living room having some drinks. "T? I thought you didn't drink?"

Teal'c looked at Colonel O'Neill, "O'Neill, if I am to become ill, I will not be far from medical attention." With that, he went back to talking with Daniel.

Jack smiled at Teal'c's choice of words. His friend had learned over the past five or so years that they had knew each other. Janet took Jack's and Sam's coats. Jack and Sam both went to get a beer or other kind of alcoholic beverage. Sam took a beer and turned around to join Daniel, Janet and Teal'c. When she turned around, she bumped right into Colonel O'Neill. They didn't say anything to each other, as they were right up close against each other for a few seconds. Sam said to Jack, "Excuse me, Jack." Jack moved out of her way. Sam smiled when Jack wasn't looking. She walked over to where Daniel, Janet and Teal'c were. Jack was still standing there, shocked by what just happened. She called me Jack and not Colonel or Sir... He thought to himself. He smiled both inwardly and outwardly. He got a beer and joined everyone else.

They sat on chairs talking to each other and listening to music. Jack kept giving quick glances at Sam. Time went past pretty fast. So did the refilling of drinks.

Daniel went to refill his drink when he bumped into Janet just like Jack and Sam had bumped into each other. Except, Janet looked at Daniel smiling, and kissed his quickly on the lips. Daniel returned the kiss happily. Them smiled at each other and kissed each other again. This time it was a slow and passionate kiss. They separated and Janet went back to the others in the party while Daniel got his beer.

The time was currently 10:27 PM. They still had an hour and thirty-three minutes until they could yell out 'Happy New Years!' Jack had said something funny and they all started laughing.

Sam noticed a karaoke machine that Janet had. Sam got to her feet and turned the machine on. "Come on Janet! Let's sing." She smiled as Janet walked over to Sam and the machine. Jack and Daniel made their way over to the machine. "Sorry guys. Only two mics." Sam smiled at the two. Janet turned on One Way Or Another by Blondie and Sam and Janet started to sing along with the music. For some weird reason, they both knew all the words. Teal'c had left the room to put himself into a very, very deep state of Kel'no'reem. He said that he had gotten a little bit sick from the amount of alcohol that he had consumed and that he must go into Kel'no'reem to help him get better. But, of course, he just wanted to get away so he wouldn't have to be there when they started to sing on the karaoke machine. (I wouldn't blame him really.) Almost at the middle of the song, Sam and Janet put down their mics. Sam started to dance with Jack as Daniel danced with Janet. All four of them were now singing to the tune. Surprising to say, Jack and Daniel also knew the lyrics to the song. (Weird huh?) At the end of the song, they started to laugh.

Sam suddenly kissed Jack on the lips. Jack returned the kiss. Another song came onto the player-Cotton Eye Joe by Rednex (A remix not the original version) Sam and Jack still kissed as Janet and Daniel still danced to the song. Daniel and Janet were polkaing to (Since, you can't dance to it really any other way besides polkaing. Also surprising that they both knew how to polka.) Jack and Sam stopped making out and started to polka (Everyone knew how to polka. Probably everyone knows how to polka expect me. J Just kidding). The song ended a few minutes later and another one came on. How You Remind Me by Nickelback. The two new couples started to dance slowly to the music.

After the song was over, Sam went over to a secluded part of the house to talk with Janet. Jack did the same with Daniel. Teal'c was still in Kel'no'reem in another part of the house from where the rest of them went.

Daniel asked Jack, "How long have you had it for Sam, Jack?" He was curious about this thing.

Jack thought for a minute. "Oh... for a few years already." Jack turned the table around, "How long have you had it for Janet?"

Daniel smiled. "For, a... a long time." He simply answered Jack's question. It was the truth. Daniel had loved Janet Fraiser a long time but hadn't had the guts to actually tell her the truth. Daniel and Jack both continued on talking.

In the other part of the house, the questions were almost the same as the ones on the other. "So, Sam. Let me ask you this: How long have you been thinking about Colonel O'Neill like, this? What about regulations Sam?" Sam smiled. "You don't care about regulations. You're in love." Janet smiled. She had never been happier in her life. Well, adopting Cassandra was the happiest day of her life. This day came in second to that.

Sam continued on smiling. "No, I don't care about those regulations Janet. I'm happy!" She looked down at the floor for a second still smiling then said; "I've been feeling this for Jack for... a few years. I just... was too scared to actually show him that I do love him. I just, had to show him tonight. I don't know why, but I had to." She decided to 'turn the table around' and ask Janet, "So, how long have you loved Daniel?"

Janet smiled. "Do you remember when he got his hair cut short? Like in a mushroom cut?" Sam nodded. She'd remembered. "Well... that wasn't it. I've loved him..." She thought for a minute. "Since... God, for a pretty long time Sam." Those two also continued on talking. Everyone talked for about twenty more minutes, and then Janet looked at her watch. 11:47 PM. It was thirteen minutes until the New Year. "Oh Sam. It's almost the New Year." They ran into the living room.

Jack went and got Teal'c. Daniel went into the living room and found Sam and Janet there. He smiled at Janet. Janet got to her feet and they hugged. Jack came into the room with Teal'c not too far behind him. Jack went and sat beside Sam. They were holding hands. Teal'c raised an eyebrow in confusion. He decided not to ask.

Time was ticking by very fast now. It was only about three minutes until the New Year. Jack was talking to Sam, "Sam. I love you." He got on one knee and got a little box out of his pocket. "I love you so much." Sam gasped at the box. She was shocked at her soon to be ex-Commanding Officer since they were probably both going to get court marshaled for disobeying regulations. Sam smiled the bigger smile she could. Jack opened the box and revealed a small diamond and emerald ring. "Samantha Carter, will you marry me?"

Sam looked at the clock. Ten seconds until the New Year. Eight... Seven... Six... Five... Four... Three... Two... "Yes Sir. I will marry you." It was now the New Year. Sam and Jack kissed each other until neither of them could breathe. They separated their lips and hugged each other in a tight embrace.

"Happy New Year!" Janet and Daniel yelled out at the same time. Janet ran over to the CD player and turned on that song that you play for New Years. Janet Fraiser and Daniel Jackson danced as did Jack O'Neill and soon to be Samantha Carter-O'Neill. It truly was a happy New Year.

The End!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Martouf Marty