Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

I Name This. . .

by Marina Naquadah
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I Name This...

I Name This...

by Marina Naquadah

TITLE: I Name This...
AUTHOR: Marina Naquadah
EMAIL: huntem99@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Future Story, Action/Adventure
PAIRING: Sam/Jack, Daniel/Janet
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: future
RATING: G
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: In the future, SG1's granchildren name parts of the SGC after them
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: OK, love it, hate it, Email me!!!!

Colonel Anna O'Neill walked down the corridors of the SGC towards the conference room. When she entered, she saw everyone was assembled and waiting. Moving to the podium, she acknowledged the commander of the SGC, General Mark Hammond, while everyone sat and waited for her to speak. "Well, everyone, we are gathered here today to remember and acknowledge some of the founding members of the SGC. The people who made this facility what it is today. Today, we will be renaming 5 sections of the SGC after the first SG1 and their CO." She stood up, and everyone filed out after her.

They went first to the briefing room. Anna moved to a covered plaque near the door. "This room will be renamed after the first commander of the SGC, Major General George Hammond." Uncovering the plaque, she announced, "I name this room the George Hammond Briefing room." Everyone applauded, and Mark Hammond stepped forward. "I'm just here to thank everyone for honouring my grandfather like this. I'm sure he'd be very proud. As you know, he was the first commander of the SGC, and helped make this place what it is today. Thanks again." More applause, then everyone moved to the main science lab.

Again, Anna moved to a covered plaque. "This lab is dedicated to Samantha Carter, who joined the SGC as a captain scientist, and ended up a Major and the 2IC of SG1." Looking around the room, she motioned for Sam's grandson, Major Luke Carter-O'Neill, to come uncover the plaque. After doing so, he turned to the audience and said, "Thanks to everyone for this, I know Grandma would've appreciated it. She spent a lot of time in here when she was with the SGC, and I'm sure she'd be really proud."

Next was the infirmary. Anna officially named it the Jackson-Fraiser wing. Marina Jackson-Fraiser came forward to explain the dedication. "Janet Fraiser was the first head doctor to work here. During her time here she saved many lives, including my grandfather's, Daniel Jackson. He was almost what you might call 'cannon-fodder', as he got injured on many missions. SG1 and Janet used to joke that they should rename the hospital after him, because he spent so much time in here. Now, that has actually happened. I'm sure he'd consider it a great joke, as would the rest of SG1. Thanks."

"This next dedication holds special significance for me, as O'Neill was my grandfather," Anna said, as they stopped at the armoury. "He was an ex-Air Force colonel when he joined SG1. Although he didn't like Sam Carter or Daniel Jackson very much when he first met them, they became almost like family to him. Now I name this the O'Neill Armoury." Luke Carter-O'Neill also came forward to help with the dedication. "Grandfather actually hated Sam when he first met her, but ended up marrying her. They saved each other many times during their adventures. Jack was very protective of his team, so this is really appropriate."

The group then moved to a new area of the SGC. "This", Anna announced, "is the new Goa'uld Research Facility. This lab will be used to learn more about them. It is named after a Jaffa who rejected the false gods and joined SG1. Ladies and Gentlemen, the Teal'C Goa'uld Research Labs." Rya'c, Teal'C's son, came forward. "Thank you, everyone, for honouring my father in this manner. He was a great man, and loved SG1 and all who worked here. He will not be forgotten."

Mark Hammond stepped into the Control Room above the Gate room and looked down as the Gate finished dialling out andkawhooshedinto life. He looked down at the new SG1: Colonel Anna O'Neill, Major Luke Carter-O'Neill, Captain Marina Jackson-Fraiser, and Rya'c. They looked up at him expectantly, and he smiled. Speaking into the mic, he announced, "SG1 you have a go." SG1 turned and walked one by one into the shimmering blue, beginning the next chapter of the SGC.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Marina Naquadah