Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

His prerogative

by Imme
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
His prerogative

His prerogative

by Imme

Summary: Daniel and Jack have a little chat about some special issues
Category: Drabble
Season: Season 8
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: FAM
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2004-10-12

Title: His prerogative Author: maillotjaune Email: Jette1988@hotmail.com Category: Summary: Jack and Daniel have a chat about love and other things... Rating: FAM Pairing: S/J Episode related: Spoilers "Threads" Note: This is not my mother tongue but I can't stand writing in German any more. Being so complicated due the fact that there are often no equivalences for some expressions which fit exactly I decided today that it might be a lot easier to write in English, so I hope to avoid any mistakes... Thank you. It is just a small piece of work, so hope you enjoy it...

***************************************************************************

It was a usual grey Tuesday, grey due the lack of sunshine outside and because of the boredom which was spread by the normal routine of the SGC. Perhaps there was a difference between the boredom of a General who habitually liked his job but sometimes he missed his off-world mission painfully. So he was thinking back, remembering the times when he had been in charge of his team, he himself giving direct orders and he recalled the feeling of his little world, his family which had been embodied by his friends. Naturally he still had his family but it was different and he would have had to lie if he denied this particular fact. He was a little bit annoyed as he looked at the report of SG-13 who had just discovered a new Goa'uld temple on P3... Just in the moment in which he had forced himself to sign the report someone knocked at the door. "Come in." he suppressed a yawn as he looked up. "Bored?" the bespectacled archaeologist asked with a subtle grin on his lips. "What d'ya think?" "Huh, I think you don't favour these reports but you get a routine." Daniel closed the door carefully. "I know, this is maybe not the right time... But you know, it is difficult but I have to..." The words came out of his mouth to many of them and not prepared or well put enough to be a sentence worthy of a linguist. "Daniel, what is your point?" Jack interrupted impatiently, but Daniel had his attention for the moment. "You know that I know that you are going out with Kerry..." but Daniels voice faded when Jack shook his head. "As long as it is not Carrie Bradshaw, I still don't see what your point is." he asked his friend again. "You know that Sam is engaged with Pete." Added Daniel, hoping that this aspect would ring a bell in Jack's mind. "Ah, Daniel, listen to me it is not your affair." Nodding, Daniel prepared himself for the next question which was not less ticklish. "Yeah, but do you love her?" he posed the question which was important to him, to his friends. It was because of the fact he cared and he, especially he knew about the affection between the two of his friends. And he also knew that Sam had still some doubts about her engagement. "Who?" This question declared that Jack had considered this issue. But Daniel did not interfere in his thoughts; he wanted Jack's answer pure without him giving the direction. "This is not appropriate, Daniel." He sighed. "Great, you sound like Sam." Being not able to resist he gave his comment. "Yeah, sure, Daniel I love her." It was absolutely clear which woman the answer referred. "But as you noticed, she is engaged and she is going to marry this guy. And although I don't think that it is news to you, I am still her CO." Daniel sighed heavily. "Yeah and you absolutely love your job. I am always impressed by your enthusiasm to do paperwork." "Daniel, shut up and leave." But he knew Daniel was right.

End

It is up to your imagination what happens now...

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Imme