Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Deadly Music

by M_wendy_r
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Deadly Music

Deadly Music

by m_wendy_r

Title: Deadly Music
Author: m_wendy_r
Email: w.rhodes@ntlworld.com
Category: Drama, FutureStory
Season: future Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Summary: Music is not always the peacful tune we often want it to be
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Deadly Music

SG-1 walk through a forest as Daniel and Jack are once again bickering. "Well if you were more tolerable..." started Daniel, only to be interrupted by Sam, making them stop and standing between them "Daniel, please don't get at my husband. He get's ratty, and I have to live with him." Daniel shook his head, they had been married for a full year, and still whenever they referred to their relationship, it gave him the freakies. Jack looked smug and then swung Sam around as realisation dawned on him. "Wait a minute, that means that you're implying that I take it out on you." he said. Sam grinned and then sighed. "Of course you don't, I just mean you get crumpy when you lose. And if you're going to argue about his artefacts, you're going to lose... " Jack raised an eyebrow. Teal'c also raised his. "... maybe those were the wrong words..." Sam turned around as she noticed a man and woman standing before them. "Welcome to our land, how may we help you?" said the man. Sam smiled and they all turned to Daniel. The spotlight was on him.
"We're SG-1, we're explorers. We want to meet you and you're people." The man bowed his head in response. "Welcome SG-1. please come this way." They followed him, still unsure of who they were meeting.

They reached a village filled with many people. All of them going about their day without even noticing SG-1. Teal'c noticed one woman doing her washing outside in a bowl. She didn't even look up as she scrubbed on the mucky rag. The man led them to what appeared to be the centre. The woman smiled at Sam, and seemed to want to be with her. Jack appliged and stood next to Daniel instead. Everyone was always trying to be with his wife. "This device powers our village..." Teal'c watched curiously as he instructed the others on the device. Something about the village seem perculiar. Sam took scans of the device. Teal'c noticed the alien man seemed unhappy with that but he let her continued anyway. It was then he realised that they did not his name. "May I enquire your name?" requested Teal'c, politely "My name is unpronouncible." he replied. "We'll call you, bob." said Jack, Sam smiled at the name bob. It was the name of Jack's teddy bear. A secret she had been sworn to the moment she had seen the furry creature whilst they were courting. Jack also smiled as he watched Sam smile while she was taking her scans. Jack turned to the young alien woman, infatuated with Sam. "And we'll call you Emma." Sam cringed. Daniel smirked. Teal'c seemed to slightly smile. The one named Bob seemed confused. "Oh, you now. It's the Major's middle name." Sam tried hard to resist the urge to smack him in the face. "I like Emma." said the young woman. "May I be Emma." Sam gave in. "Yes you can be Emma." Sam replied politely. Glaring at Jack. Who grinned.

Back on Earth, Sam is in her lab working on the scans she took off the alien power device. Shaking her head as she looked at the computer screen. Something was wrong. If the device was only meant to power the village why did it need so much.... Music started to play inside her mind, distracting her. It was over-powering, at the front of her mind like she had headphones on her ears. The music seems enchanting and she moves away from her bench
and heads out of her lab. Dreamily walking around she doesn't notice where she's going or what's going on... until she bumps into the man she was married to. "Baby, whatcha doing?" he asked, picking up his papers off the floor. Yes Jack actually has some. "I.. I'm sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." Sam bends down to help him. "It's just a report." they stood back up. "i was coming to get you." "You were?" the music was still there as she spoke. "Yeah, after I gave Hammond my report. You wanna come with and then we can go home." "Yeah, okay. " Sam seemed far away and that did not go un-noticed by Jack.

Bob and Emma stood next to a small device on a shelf. "She'll never find out. Our secret is safe." said Bob. Emma smiled. Happy they were safe.

Next Day in the briefing room. General Hammond was discussing Emma and Bob. "So as far as you can tell they are un-advanced with technology. Apart from the power device." said Hammond. He noticed Sam wasn't listening. "Major?" he asked. Jack touched her arm and she got out of her daze. "I'm sorry!" she said, embarassed. "Major, anything else about the device that could be useful?" Hammond asked. She seemed unaware of much but she answered.
"The device seems to power the village quite efficently." she replied "But it's nothing too big." "Very well, what about their people...." his words were lost again. Jack also lost his words as he watched his wife. Last night had been so wierd, they'd gone home, Kissed goodnight and gone to bed. Normally they go home, make out or make love and then go to bed. Although he doesn't think of his relationship with her as complete based on sex, he does seem to notice when things in that area are out of wack. Him being a man and all. And they'd only been married a year. Surely you don't get old that quick. Sam stood up, shocking everybody. "Sir, I am not feeling too well, May I be excused."
"If you wish, you can report to the infirmary." Sam simply nodded and walked away. She didn't go to the infirmary though, she went to her quarters.

When she got there she laid on her bed and held her head with her hands. Tears were streaming down her face. The music was starting to get too much for her to handle. And was her or was the music getting louder, as it playing that annoying melody to her. A knock on the door brought her out of her reverie. She quickly dried her eyes and smoothed over her hair to make her look more presentable and then she unlocked and opened the door.

To find her husband standing there looking concerned. "Hey, what took you so long... have you been crying?" he asked. She let him inside. Obviously she can't hide things from him. "A little." she replied, sitting down. He looked at her and then sat beside her. "What's wrong?" he asked.
"Nothing." she answered
"Didn't look like nothing." he stated. "Talk to me." he pleaded. "It's silly."
"Who are you talking to?" despite herself, Sam grinned "I... hear music in ... my head... all the time. It won't stop." "Well that's not silly, sometimes people hear things in there mind because they're remembering things." "True, but until this I had never heard that music before." Sam held her forehead. "i can still hear it now. It's so loud." she fell back onto the bed. Jack crawled on the bed so he was spooned behind her. He pulled her hands away from her head and stroked circles on her forehead. He soothed her enough so she would go to sleep.

Offworld, SG-1 are talking to Bob and Emma in the village again. "So Hammond was wondering if you people wish to be apart of our allies." said Jack casually "Allies?" asked Emma
"Yeah, you know. Friends." replied Jack "We'd like that." said Emma
"Of course we would have to discuss this." added Bob, quickly. As Bob led them to somewhere to talk, Teal'c spoke quietly to Jack. "Something about this village seems odd." said Teal'c "What?" asked Jack, whispering
"The villagers seemed to be behaving in the same way as last time we came." replied Teal'c "Maybe their being on their best behaviour for us." "i do not believe so. They seem to be doing the same things." "Well you know..." Jack was intterupted by Sam collapsing to the ground, holding her head. He rushed over to her, pushing Bob and Emma away. He could hear her whimpering as he reached the ground, he lifted half of her up, so he could see her face. "Jack, please. Make it stop." "Make what stop?" he asked. Holding her tightly. He looked up at Daniel for a quick second to see the concern on his face.
"The... music.... It's too loud... Make it go away. i can't take the notes anymore." Sam cried, she passed out. Jack swiftly lifted her up and carried her away. "Teal'c, Daniel stay here. I'll let you know." Jack wanted them to continue finding out why the villagers were wierd. Teal'c knew that and he did so.

Meanwhile, Jack ran to the Stargate, holding Sam for dear life. Still whimpering in his arms. He reached the DHD and lowered her to the floor. He dialed the gate and inputted the IDC code and picked her back up, walking through the event horizon to find out why his wife was hearing music that was sending her mental.

He rushed through the gate room and straight to the infirmary. General Hammond ran after him. "Colonel, mind telling me what's going on?" he asked, as Jack laid Sam on a gourney. Janet and her team pushed him out the way. "She can hear something in her mind. She describes it as music. It's seems to be getting louder. She collapsed I brought her here..." he turned to Janet who was about to speak. "And I'm not leaving." He said, with finality. But he was out of breath.

Teal'c stared at Emma and Bob as they denied him the chance to ask questions. "i merely wish to know why these villagers will not talk to us." Emma stands next to the power device and lets Bob do the talking. "Major Carter is still ill isn't she. Perhaps you should be with her." said Bob. Teal'c watches Emma protect the device. "Perhaps you are making Major Carter ill." accused Teal'c. Daniel took this as his que to butt in. "Teal'c I don't think it's fair to accuse them of anything..." Teal'c took his staff weapon and fired it at the device. Emma ducked and the main panel blew up. Daniel stared in shock as the villagers disappeared and then the village. "What the..." Bob seemed very angry and glared at Teal'c. Daniel stared at Emma who had tears in her eyes.

Jack, Janet and General Hammond stood at the foot of an infirmary bed watching Sam sleep restlessly. Moving around and whimpering to herself. "Well whatever she can hear she can still hear it." said Janet "I've tried everything but nothing helps." "So you can't help her?" asked Jack
"I am trying." replied Janet. The klaxons start. "Incoming Traveller." came the technician over the intercom. "Now what?" asked Hammond, as he left. Jack watched Sam and then turned to leave. "Look after her, doc!" he said, as he left. "I will do." she replied. "i will do."

Hammond and Jack strolled into the infirmary to find Teal'c dragging Bob and Emma, along with Daniel. "Buddy, what's going on?" asked Jack.
"Jack, you should have seen it. Their power device literally powered their village." "He can explain!" Teal'c pushed Bob in front the General and Jack. "Come this way!" ordered Hammond, leading them to the briefing room.

In the briefing room they sat around the table. Teal'c keeping a close eye on Bob. Emma was harmless. She looked afraid and fragile while Bob learned angry and dangerous. "I had my reasons for doing what I did." "Why re-created your village?" asked Daniel "You would not understand." insisted Bob "Try us!" said Jack. "Listen I don't have time for games. I know you did something to Sam. Let's talk about that instead." anger filling his features as he leaned across the table. "Come and I will show you." said Emma. Bob looked at her as she stood up angriliy. "Are you insane?" he shouted
"There's nothing left to protect." She grabbed his pocket and pulled out an rectangular device. "Come, show me where Sam is." Jack took her and the others followed.

In the infirmary, Emma looked down on Sam's shaking body, and pressed a few buttons on the device which glowed and then switched off. Sam stopped moving around and relaxed. "What did you do to her?" asked Jack. "She would've found out about our secret." Emma replied. "This device planted a distraction into her mind." "What secret?" asked Daniel
"We killed our people." she said quietly. "It was devastating." "But we managed to save their memories and place them into a device. Which then in turn created holographic images of them. You destroyed their memory." said Bob, loking at Teal'c. Sam opened her eyes and saw people surrounding her. "Sam!" exclaimed Jack, sitting beside her. "Hi..." she said, whispering.
"How ya doing?" She seemed to be looking into her mind "It's... gone." Jack smiled. "It's gone." Jack kissed her forehead and then looked at Bob and Emma, who looked completely devastated about their device.

Sam Carter-O'Neill stood looking at the new panel she was holding in her hand. They were off-world and she was repairing the damage Teal'c had caused. Bob egded toward her, only to hear Jack shout "Back off, buddy!!" Bob walked to him instead. Emma watched the concentration on Sam's face. "I understand why you wish to protect you mate. I am the same with mine. But I had no intentions of harming her." Bob said. "Yeah well..." not truly believing him. Sam placed the panel into the device, pulled a few wires in place and the villagers returned. Daniel looked around taking it all in, as if he missed something before. "Okay, let's go." Jack signalled for SG-1 to leave them alone and they did.

THE END

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to m_wendy_r