Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Childs Play

by Lucy P
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Childs Play

Childs Play

by Lucy P

Title: Childs Play
Author: Lucy P
Email: iamsmiling2day@yahoo.com
Category: Action/Adventure
Season: Season 5
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: On a exploratory mission Sam and Jack get turned into children
This was written for my best friend Julia for putting up with my stargateness!!
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

SUMMARY: Jack and Sam get infected with a device that turns them into a child - hence the title!
SEASON: based around series 4
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is my first fanfic I hope you like it comments can be made to iamsmiling2day@yahoo.com please not to harsh! Also I'd like to say thank you to my best friend Julia for pretending to listen to me when I talk about Stargate and for being a really great friend.

It was 0800 hours and Teal'c and O'neill were in the briefing room. Just as General Hammond came through from his office Carter stumbled in with a stack of files.

'Sorry I'm late' she said as she dropped a file on the floor and papers floated everywhere.

'Are you ready to start now' general Hammond said for Carter was late. 'Yes. Two days ago we sent a MALP through the stargate to P3X 125. It looks like the planet has no one living there. It's over grown but from what we can tell it could be a perfect testing site. I think we should go through and see if there are any life forms there. I think its perfectly safe.' 'You think?' said colonel O'Neill'

'Well I'm pretty sure. We can tell from the radar imaging that nothing seems to a danger.'

'You have a go' said general Hammond. ' Ready to leave at 1200 hours.

Dismissed'

'Wait what about Daniel' said colonel O'Neill

'He is still on Wheynon with SG-7. He wont be back for a couple of days. Its just you three this time.' Then Hammond stood up and returned to his office.

As the co-ordinates dialled in the Stargate Hammond said over the intercom ' I want to hear from you in five hours'

'Yes Sir' shouted O'Neill'

It was about an hour since the team had left when Earth received a signal from Sg-1. It was teal'c he said they had to come back. They opened the iris and Colonel O'Neill ran through straight out of the gate room doors. Then followed by Carter as she came out of the stargate she also ran down the corridor screaming 'I'm gonna get you'. General Hammond looked in horror at his team. He was wondering what the hell they were doing. Next Teal'c came through carrying his staff weapon and all the other ammunition Carter and O'Neill had brought through, zats, all their ammuntion.

'What is going on here' ordered Hammond.

'I believe Major Carter and Colonel O'Neill have come under some alien influence which has made them like a children'

'Your joking right'

'I do not joke this is true. Where are they now?'

'I don't know they ran off' said Hammond just then they heard to squeaky noises coming from the corridor. Suddenly O'Neill came running into the gate room and then behind him there was in a voice that sounded like Carter's

'that wasn't fair mean...'then there was a loud thud.

While dr. Fraser was patching Sam up from the cut on the head she was also taking blood samples from O'Neill and Carter. They were acting a lot like children. To start with Dr Fraser had to give them a lollipop before they were going to let her take blood samples. They didn't want to do any work they just wanted to play. Maybe that was what colonel O'Neill wanted usually to do but not Major Carter. After a while they both finally fell asleep in the infirmary and General Hammond called a meeting.

'Teal'c what happened' Hammond said.

' I do not know. As we were searching the forest Major Carter came across a large white rock with writing on it. As Major Carter came closer a bright light shot out and we all fell I presume got knocked out. I woke up a few minutes later and woke up colonel O'neill who was still unconscious. Then hit Carter to wake her up but she didn't stir so he shot her with a zat...'

'he shot her' said Dr Fraser. 'I believe it was a joke not to cause harm. Then she tried to shoot him with her zat. That is when I took their weapons off them and realized they were not acting themselves so I decided to bring them back.'

'How long were you knocked out for?' asked Hammond

'Only a few minutes. I believe that my symbiote saved me from this and I think that it was the white light that has caused this'

'How do we can get them back' said Hammond

'I do not know, as far as I know the goa'uld have never used this type of weapon before, I believe it is not goa'uld' Just then the phone rang. Dr Fraser answered it.

'yes this her...they what....how did they.....ok make sure they don't go far....no do not harm them' she put down the phone.

'somehow Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter have escaped. They're looking for them now.'

'how did they escape ?' General Hammond asked.

' I have no idea'.

The phone then rang again. Dr Fraser answered it again 'yes...ok....no...I'll come... ok...thanks.' she put the phone down. 'they were in the mess room looking for chocolate bars. Sir, if you excuse me I'll go and get them.' 'Permission granted. And while you there try and see if they know what happened Teal'c you too try and get through them too.

When they got to the mess room they knew something was wrong. O'Neill and Carter had tried to leave the Mess room and no one would let them. O'Neill was trying to leave and Sam was hiding under the table because she didn't like the yelling that was going on.

'hey, hey, hey' yelled Dr Fraser trying to get everyone's attention. After everyone was quiet she told them all to go. She would take care of Jack and Sam. 'Jack, its ok just come with me. Sam, honey, you can come out now' although she resisted finally she came back and they went with Dr Fraser and Teal'c back to Sam's office. Dr Fraser didn't want them messing up the infirmary with chocolate.

It was harder than Dr Fraser had thought. They weren't very cooperative.

When ever she asked a question she got a reply, not an answer.

It was now 2300 and they had got no where. They finally decided to let it go for a bit. ' Ok Sam and ... where's Colonel O'Neill? Sam where did he go?' 'He doesn't like colonel O'Neill he wants to be called Jack.' 'Ok then where has Jack gone?' 'I'm bored' 'Sam where is he?' 'I don't want to tell you.' This had been the conversation they had had all day. Going round in circles. Just then Teal'c came in he had been to get some coffee for Dr Fraser.

'Dr Fraser I found someone outside.' Said Teal'c It was Jack he had been trying to go home. Teal'c had tied him to a chair and wheeled him in. 'He would not come any other way.'

'Tell him to let me go' Jack screamed

'Will you run away again' asked Dr Fraser

'no'

'Promise?'

'ok' They slowly untied him from the chair as soon as they had undone the last knot him and Sam ran off round the corner.

'stop them' yelled Dr Fraser. It was no use they had already gone. Dr Fraser though it would be better to ring General Hammond and tell them she'd lost them.

'You what!' shouted Hammond down the phone. ' they have minds of kids how hard could it be to keep an eye on them for one minute! It's a good job I notified the entrance they won't get out. I'll make sure everyone is on the look out. Meanwhile Come to the briefing room with Teal'c.

As they entered the briefing room General Hammond was already waiting for her.

'Sir.'

'General Hammond'

'Dr Fraser, Teal'c. have you worked out yet what this is.'

'No Sir. Its like nothing we've encountered before. We have done MRI scans the lot but nothing has come up yet. Carter and O'Neill have not been very helpful. They do have more energy- even for kids I don't know if that has anything to do with it especially Major Carter.'

'So we're stuck then?

'I think so'

'the only other way would be to go Back to P3X 125, the only problem is only Teal'c, Colonel O'Neill and Carter could go.'

'well it seems we have no option. Send them back Teal'c see if you can find out what this thing is. I think we should equip them with their P90's and Zats. If they come into contact with anything they will need their weapons.' 'Sir, do you think that is wise?' Said Dr Fraser ' They shot me with a Zat last time. ' added Teal'c 'I believe that it will be safer for all of you if they did have weapons. Now quickly we'll leave at 1900 hours. Dismissed!' Not again this time it was just Colonel O'Neill running up the stairs he looked flustered.

'Colonel...I mean Jack are you okay' asked Dr Fraser

'Sam' he was panting and breathing deeply ' Is fast runner'. Just then they heard another set of footprints.

'wait' yelled Dr Fraser but Jack had already gone. Then Sam came running in.

' have you seen Jack'

'Yes Major Car...I mean Sam but you must wait here for...'

'no I've got to find him' she rushed off.

'And Keep Carter of the Caffeine' Hammond yelled then he stormed into his office.

It wasn't long and Teal'c was waiting in the Gate Room with General Hammond for Sam and Jack to arrive with Dr Fraser. It wasn't long before they heard them along the hallway.

'Dial out' ordered Hammond. As soon as the blue light whooshed out to make a shimmering pool something started to go wrong. Sam and Jack suddenly looked terrified. Tears started to stream down their faces. They shouted things like I don't wanna go and no. Dr fraser said ' theres nothing to worry about come on I'll see you when you come back' but Jack and Sam were not listening they ran as fast as they could out. Dr Fraser ran after them.

Two hours later they found Colonel O'neill hiding in the closet of Carter's Lab and managed to persuade him (with difficulty) to come out.

With still no Sam they decided to continue the briefing without her meanwhile Jack was in the infirmary with a close guard. 'I believe whatever is in them has a fail safe of some sort of device that makes them scared of going back. I don't know if we should force them though or if will damage them in anyway.' Dr Frasier said.

'well whatever we do our main objective is to find major Carter. She is in the base somewhere so I suggest that that is our primary concern.' 'Yes Sir'

As Dr Frasier was working on some blood results in the infirmary she saw something in between the table and the trolley hiding behind chair pulled in front of it. As she came closer she found that it was Major Carter. ' hey Sam' she said ' you wanna come out of there'

'go away' she replied

'don't be nasty...' she then saw a P90 pointed at her face. ' Sam you want to put the gun down?'

'no. I'll shoot!'

'you don't want to do that do you?'

'stay away!'

Dr Frasier realized she was getting no-where and decided to phone Hammond and get some guards down here to keep an eye on her. They decided the best idea would be to see if Jack could get her out. So they brought him to her. 'Hi Sam, why don't you want to come out' asked Jack 'they aren't being very nice to me' she replied

'Come on Sam'

'no' she started to cry ' I want my Daddy'

'your Daddy's not here' said Dr Frasier

'Get him then'

'you know he's with the Tok'ra'

'I want my Daddy' and with that she started to cry again still holding the gun pointing at anyone who came near her.

'I think we should do what she says' said Hammond 'Airman, send a message to the Tok'ra say its urgent and they need Jacob Carter here ASAP.' And with that the Airman rushed off.

'Receiving Tok'ra ID' shouted Captain Samlen.

'open the iris' ordered Hammond. Jacob stepped through the Stargate. ' stand down' ordered Hammond. And went to greet Jacob.

General Hammond explained on the way to the infirmary what had happened. As they arrived the situation was just as they had left it. It was Jacob's turn to try and get her out. 'Sammie, sweetie' he began 'you wanna come out of there?'

'No!'

'Why not?'

''cause they'll make me go through the Stargate again and I don't want to' 'They wont' 'they will' 'Look Sammie I promise that they won't make you go the Stargate. I'll make sure of it'

'promise'

'yes'

'ok then' and with that Sam flung herself into her dads arms . As she was hugging him he slowly took of all her weapons and slid them across the room to the SF's who were standing by.

'Are you going to come with me to the briefing room now?' Jacob asked. 'Yes' and with that they left towards the briefing room.

After two hours of reasoning and about twenty cups of coffee they had convinced Colonel O'Neill to go through the Stargate but still Major Carter was not convinced. But General Hammond had had enough he decided that he couldn't let his two best officers carry on like this. He decided to let them go back.

Jacob, Teal'c and Colonel O'Neill gathered in the Gate Room while Sam hid upstairs.

Two hours later the gate began to turn 'receiving SG-1 transition Sir.' Said the technician.

'open the iris' ordered the Hammond.

Jack first came through the Stargate followed by Teal'c and Jacob. 'I'm Back!' yelled Jack.

'He's back - not that you could tell!' said Jacob and Jack gave him a dirty look. General Hammond went to join them.

'So all you did was go back and you saw the bright light and then you woke up and he was fine.

'Yes' at the debriefing they explained what happened and decided to take Major Carter back. Still she wasn't convinced and wouldn't move. 'Please Sammie go through the Stargate I'll come with you.'

'I don't want to'

'Look I'll give you a lollypop if you go' Dr Frasier had a go. 'Ok' 'What?' 'I'll go as long as it's strawberry flavoured' 'What?' 'the lollypop' 'lets go then' said Jack. 'Ok you'll leave in 30 minutes before Carter changes her mind.' General Hammond ordered.

As Teal'c, Jacob and Carter assembled in the gate room while General Hammond and O'Neill watched from the computer room.

'You have a go' Said Hammond. As they arrived at the gate Carter got nervous again. 'I don't want to go' she said. Jack decided it was his turn to step in. When he got close enough to the gate and Carter her he said 'Carter, sorry about this in advance'

'for what?'

'this' he said and with that he through her into the Stargate like he had done four years ago on their first mission.

When they arrived on the other side Teal'c immediately moved towards the forest when they got there a flash of light blinded them. Thirty minutes later Teal'c woke and got up the rest. Major Carter was back to normal and they decided to make their way back to the Stargate. When they got through the other end Dr Frasier was there. 'Everything back to normal?'

'Yes' replied Sam 'except one thing'

'What?'

'You owe me a strawberry lollypop' and with that they left the Gate Room to have their interesting debriefing.

END HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Lucy P