Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Forever

by Louise
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Forever

Forever

by Louise

TITLE: Forever
AUTHOR: Louise
EMAIL: louc14@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: The Movie
SEASON / SEQUEL: set in 3rd season, as Sam's a major
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship, Character Death (sorry!)
SUMMARY: Love, like the moon, the earth, the stars and heaven, always last, even in death, it continues to shine...Forever.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis and S&J Relationship Archive. Any others puhhhlease ask.
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This came to me at 11 o'clock at night and I know, I know, I shouldn't have done it, but I did. Thanks to Amanda who helped my with it, and is becoming a fan. PS: Sorry Merc, I had to do it, you know I didn't want to, but I had to.

Jack wanted to grit his teeth in an attempt to fight the raw pain, that shot through his body. Who would've thought dying would mean being in so much pain? He wanted to scream, just yell out to someone, anyone. But he couldn't. Everytime he opened his mouth,no sound came out. Not a peep.

Jack could hear the sound of crying far in the distance. A continuous weeping that tore at his heart. Somehow he knew it was Sam. Why was she crying?, he asked himself, she never cried.

He tried to lift his head to see, but he couldn't manage any movement. So, he continued to lay still, listening to the sorrowful sound of Sam's crying.
Daniel's voice appeared, echoing through the deserted room, attempting to console the saddened female. Both their voices sounding sorrowful, so helpless, so far away.

"Sam, what are you still doing in here? You should be getting some sleep, we have a mission in the morning." Daniel chastised gently.

"I know Daniel. I just...how can I go on a mission knowing that Jack's laying here, all alone, fighting for his life? I won't be able to concentrate on discovering some stupid mineral." She wiped her eyes on her sleave, the tears continuing to flow.

"Sam, you do know it wasn't your fault, don't you?" Daniel asked, crossing his arms in front of him.

Sam nodded, "Yeah I know, 'There was nothing I could do'. You don't know how many people have told me that, yet I still find it hard to believe. I can't help but think that if we'd just left that villiage five seconds before we did, that he'd still be...awake. I just know I'm going lose him Daniel, and he doesn't even know-", Sam stopped herself before she confessed her true feelings for her Colonel.

"Know what Sam?" Jackson pushed, if only she would open up to him. Daniel was glad that she'd finally admitted to herself, that she loved Jack.

"Nothing. It's not important Daniel."

"Sam, if it involves your feelings, it is important."

Sam looked up at him, her blue eyes saddened by the thought of what she stood to lose. Carter's eyes were bloodshot and puffy from her constant crying. "Daniel, I just...I don't know what I'd do if I lost him. I can't survive without him Daniel, I...I love him and he doesn't even know." Another tear slipped from her eye, followed by another, until she found herself crying again.

Daniel enveloped her in a hug, comforting her, relieved she'd finally let it out. "I know Sam. You have to tell him, it doesn't matter if her can hear you or not, you have to tell him."

"Daniel-"

"No Sam. You have to tell him. I was speaking to Janet before I came in, Sam, she says he has very little time left. His body organs are shutting down slowly and there is nothing Janet can do. I'm so sincerly sorry Sam."

Daniel's footsteps faded as he exited the room. Jack could feel the bed dip for an instant as Sam sat on the side of his bed and picked up his cold hand. "Jack, I know you probably can't hear me, but Daniel says I have to talk to you." Her voice cracked from the darkness. "Jack you have to wake up. I know Janet says there is very little chance, but I know you, you have to wake up.

"I love you Jack, I always have. I remember when I first met you, all those years ago in that damned briefing room. God, I was so nervous that day. You were like a hero to me, I'd read up on you before I came to Colorado. And then you stood up, Mr. Military-Bravado and you made me fall for you.

"I need you Jack, I don't know what I'll do if I lose you. God, I even need you to wake me up after I've been working to long on some experiment. I know, pathetic huh? but it's true. Please Jack, wake up. I love you."

Her voice faded rapidly into the distance, echoing into the abyss. Jack felt himself floating on a cloud of...something. He felt weightless and painless, a delightful feeling of freedom.

Another voice errupted through the mist, young and cheerful, and extremely familiar. "Hey Dad."

"Charlie?" Jack froze. He didn't know if he felt happy or extremely bewildered. "No. This can't be. You're...dead." He gulped, fixated on the form of his deceased son.

"Yes Dad. They thought it would be easier to handle if I came. It's good to see you Dad, you look great...for a dead guy. Heaven's a great place, lots of great things to do. The best thing about it, is the girls. Ah speaking of girls Dad, you have some unfinished business with one down there."


* * * *

The monitors stopped their rhytmic beating to pause out in a continuous beep. Sam panicked, calling doctors, nurses, anyone who could bring him back.

Suddenly Jack's body jumped, his heart beat returning in a weak pattern, and his eyes opened slightly. "Sam?" He croaked, wildly searching for her.

"Jack? Jack I'm here." She soothed him. "Oh God Jack. I thought I'd lost you." she cried, hugging him tightly, relief flooding her heart, until it threated to burst.

"Sam, I need to tell you something." His voice was weak and hoarse. He didn't have much time.

"Jack I need to tell you something too. I love you, I always have, I just never realised it until you were injured." She confessed, looking him in the eye, baring her soul for his belonging.

Jack could hear Charlie calling for him, but he begged for more time. He drew his breath and willed his voice to rise beyond his heart that was gathered in his throat. "Sam, I love you too."

His voice grew weaker as his eyes closed and his heart slowed until...it...finally...stopped. "Jack? Jack? No, oh God no." Sam screamed, her tears spilling onto his still form.

As Jack slipped into a mysterious darkness, he called "I love you Sam, always and forever." until finally, he was gone.

Gone forever.

The end (5/10/00)

*sniff sniff* I'm sorry I had to. *sniff* Anybody got a tissue?
Feedback is welcomed with open arms. Critisms is tolerated. And flames will be deleted and utterly dispised (but under the circumstances, understood.)



If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Louise