Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

I Knew I Loved You

by Louise
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I Knew I Loved You

I Knew I Loved You

by Louise

TITLE: I Knew I Loved You
AUTHOR:Louise
EMAIL: louc14@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Romance, SJR
SPOILERS: the movie, Children of the Gods, Broca Divide, Solitudes, Emancipation, Brief Candle, Cold Lazarus and The First Commandment.
SEASON / SEQUEL: Set during third season; no sequal.
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: None
SUMMARY: Sam and Jack analyse their feeling for one another, while dancing.
STATUS: Completed
ARCHIVE: "Heliopolis" and "Sam and Jack"
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters belong to MGM, Gekko Corp and Double Secret Productions. This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it. Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental. ALSO, the song 'I Knew I Loved You' is by Savage Garden, written by Darren Hayes and Daniel Johns, which is being used without permission.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: All feedback and constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated. No flames please.
BTW: Song lyrics inside tides (~), and Italics indicate thoughts.

Could this shindig get anymore boring?Jack thought. By 'request' of General Hammond, SG-1 had been cordially ordered to attend a society dinner for the president's daughter.
O'Neill tugged at the collar of his dress blues shirt, and undid a button, but at the death glare of Hammond, reluctantly redid the restriction.
This is so boring!Was Jack's last thought before soft music began to play

This is so boring!Sam thought for the umpteenth time, as she absently nodded her head, paying absolutely no attention to the conversation Lieutenant Graham Simmons persued her into.
Her eyes wandered around the room, chasing over the dancing couples, then finally locking with the magnificent chocolate brown set , undeniably belonging to Colonel Jack o'Neill.
He smiled.
She smiled.

~Maybe it's intuition
But somethings you just don't question.~

Samantha saw him place his champagne flute on a passing waiters tray and start to move towards her. Anticipation errupted in her.

~Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant~

In what seemed like seconds, he'd crossed the room and was standing by her side. Hope rose in her.
"Captain, would you care to dance?" He asked, a small shy smile playing across his lips.
"I'd be delighted to." Sam placed her hand in his and excused herself from her one-sided conversation with Simmons.

~And there it goes
I think I found my best friend~

Once on the dance floor, Jack pulled Sam into his strong arms, never had she felt so protected. And as they started a rhythmic sway in time with the music, Samantha gazed into O'Neill's eyes before he embraced her closer.

~I know that it might sound more than a little crazy
But I believe~

Jack hadn't intended on asking Sam to dance, but it was just a spur-of-the- moment decision, but he was glad he did.
SG-1 had generously received seventy-two hours of downtime from General Hammond, and after much obscure thinking on Jack's behalf, the Colonel decided to ask Sam out, for a casual night of dinner and drinks, which Sam immediately accepted. The evening had gone splendidly and in the end of the date, a very nervous Jack, which was rarely seen, leaned in to a very nervous Sam, ditto, for a concluding kiss when, the near-kiss was interrupted by a phone call to Sam, care of Doctor Janet Frazier, to interrogate her on the evenings events. After an awkward silence, the dear Miss Carter grew impatient, so she decided to make the first move towards the previously mentioned Mr O'Neill.
The kiss was tentative in it's own way, yet full of promise and passion. And as Sam's tongue sort a way into Jack's mouth, he allowed her entrance. Entrance in more ways than one, she entered him body, heart, mind and soul.

~I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life~

When the two submerged from the caress, Jack could no longer supress the emotions that ran through him, from the first moment he saw her.
"Sam, I love you." He whispered, Samantha almost had to strain to hear his confession. She smiled, the kind that brightened her features.
Well, that's a good sign!Jack thought.
"I love you too, Jack," was her reply. His smile was of pure joy, then turned to desire as he kissed her again. Not another word was spoken after that.

~There's just no rhyme or reason
Only this sense of completion!

As O'Neill navigated her around the crowded dance floor, he knew Sam was reminiscing about last nights 'activities', and as their eyes locked, he knew he wanted to hold her like this forever.

Samantha could not remember when she had felt more content and loved. Both officers knew the rules and regulations of fraternisation, but there was no restriction or rule in the military that specifies that a Second-In-Command is not allowed to truely love her Commanding Officer, and vice-a-versa. Her logic told her this was wrong, but her heart told her this was right.
So throwing caution to the wind, she allowed herself to be truely seized by this man, who literally swept her off her feet.

~And in your eyes
I see the missing pieces~

Her eyes shined like precious sapphires in the mist.
His eyes beheld secrets and promises, decades of pain and misery, yet joy waiting to be released. A joy that Sam had caused. A joy that she couldn't wait to share.

~I'm searching for
I think I've found my way home~

After Charlie had died, Jack had closed himself off and built a proverbial 'wall' around himself, allowing no one to enter, not even his wife, Sara.
And then the first Abydos mission came along. If it wasn't for Ska'ra and Daniel, Jack would've committed suicide. He hadn't fully recovered when he met Carter, but when some miracle brought her into his life, that gaping void in his heart had been filled, and he slowly, without realising it, began to fall in love with her. Jack learnt to smile again. He learnt to laugh again. He learnt to feel again. All because of his beautiful, intelligent, sexy Captain/Doctor Samantha Carter. Who challenged him across the briefing table. Who tried to seduce him in the locker rooms. Who kept him alive, several times, and who loyally faught beside him and kicked ass, numerous times.

~I know that it might sound more than a little crazy
But I believe~

Sam had forced herself to believe that all Special Forces men were like Jonas. Crazy and deceitful. But her traitorous heart began to feel for another emotionally wounded man.Jack.
She couldn't believe how wonderful love felt.

~I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life~

Jack forced himself to believe he could never love anyone as much as he loved Charlie and Sara, but his traitorous heart, combined with his ego and testosterone, he found himself attracted to, then lovingSam.
He couldn't believe how wonderful love felt.

~I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life~

Daniel knew Sam and Jack had finally confronted their feelings. Sam looked at Jack the same way Sha're had looked at him. God, he missed her!

Janet knew Sam and Jack had finally got some sense and seen what others had viewed for three years. God, it took them so long, but she was happy for them.

Teal'c knew Carter and O'Neill had finally encountered their emotions. He looked forward to collecting his winnings from Daniel Jackson, even though he called it 'beginnerd luck'.

~A thousand angels dance around you~

Her golden hair.

His distinguished, greying hair.

~I am complete now that I've found you~

Her smile, meant for him alone.

His jokes that give more than an indication of his desire.

~I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life~

Her techno-babble. How her features came to life when she talked about her passion.

His confusion, when he asks her to re-explain her theories.

~I knew I loved you before I met you~

Her love.

His love.

~I have been waiting all my life~

Their love would last rules and regulations, because it was strong, true and real. Once upon a time, when that emotionally wounded solider met that hesitant yet, bright scientist, neither of them imagined that their love would last through-out the ages. That they would marry and create more lives.
And they lived happily ever after.

THE END

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Louise