Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Power of Love, The

by Louise
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Power of Love

The Power of Love

by Louise

TITLE: The Power of Love
AUTHOR:Louise Cauchi
EMAIL:louc14@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Roamnce, S/J
SPOILERS: Cold Lazarus
SEASON / SEQUEL: -
RATING: G
CONTENT WARNINGS: None
SUMMARY: A short, sweet story, where LOVE conquers all pain.
STATUS: complete
ARCHIVE: "Heliopolis" and "Sam and Jack"
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters belong to MGM, Gekko Corp and Double Secret Productions. This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it. Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I guess you could say that I was in a romantic mood, when I was listening to Celine Dions 'The Power of Love', so I was inspired. BTW: Sequal to 'First Impressions' is on it's way, but don't hold your breath, because it'll probably be the next millienium by time, it's finished. So, C'est la vie!

She'd been distant lately, often by herself and alone. He'd try to talk to her, but she just kept telling him she was fine.

"Sam, are you sure you're okay?" Jack asked, one morning when she'd awoken and headed straight for the bathroom.

"I'll be ok." She replied, flushing the toilet and moving to the basen to wash her face, and brush her teeth.

"Sam, you've been like this for that past week. Maybe you should go see Janet." Jack suggested, following his wife into the kitchen.

"Honey, I'm fine. It's probably just the flu or something." She replied, fixing herself a cup of tea.

"Yeah, it's the something that's worrying me." Jack commented, scouting the fridge.

"Ok, ok. I'll go see Janet, if you'll stop worrying." Sam compromised, kissing him sweetly on the lips. He smiled and hugged her tighly. "Sam, you're my wife! I'll never stop worrying about you."

"Sam, Jack, please sit down." Janet welcomed, taking a seat behind her desk. Jack squeezed Sam's hand affectionately, showing he was there for her.

"So Janet, what's wrong with me?" Sam asked, expecting the worst.

"Nothing," Janet answered, Sam and Jack breathing a sigh of relief, but their relief was premature as Doctor Frasier added, "Nothing that won't fo away in nine months."

"What?" "What?" "Congradulations folks, you're having a baby." Janet announed smiling.

"Oh my god! Jack, I'm pregnant, we're having a baby!" Sam exclaimed happily, jumping up and embracing Jack who had a look of pure joy on his ageing face.

Later that day, when Sam and Jack had arrived home, he wouldn't stop fussing over her. Constantly following her around like a shadow, catering to her every need and treating her like a precious treasure. At first, Sam found it endearing, then sweet, but now it ws getting annoying. Until finally, she'd had enough.

"Jack! Would you please stop!" Sam exclaimed, when'd he'd asked her if she wanted anything.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked, tucking the corners of the comforter in around her, and the couch.

"You honey. I'm pregnant, not an invalid." She stated, giving her husband a wary smile, she sat up a little and Jack fluffed her pillows behind her back.

"Sam, I know that, it's just I don't want you to strain yourself, or do anything unnecessairly." He stated, kneeling beside her. Sam smiled warmly, and kissed his forehead. "I know," she said, "Jack, there is nothing in this world that I wouldn't do for you and this baby."

~ SIX MONTHS LATER~

"Ok, we've got watermelon, grapes, apples, chinese, ice-cream, pickles and two packets of M&M's for Sam, and a large pizza for me." Stated Jack, as he unpacked the groceries.

"Honey, did you get the dim sums?" Asked Sam, as she waddled into the kitchen, and picked at the items Jack had brought from the supermarket.

"Yes Sam, I brought the dim sums. How're ya feeling, sweetie?" Jack asked, putting the groceries into the refridgerator. Sam let out a content laugh, rubbing her hand over her protruding abdoman. "Well let's see, my back's killing me, my finger's look like sausages, I look like I've swallowed a basketball and I haven't seen my feet for the last two months. Other than that, I'm just peachy." She sighed. Jack pulled her into a comforting embrace, massaging her lower back. Sam moaned and relaxed as Jack rubbed her back, soothing the aching joints.

"Well, I think you look gorgeous and incrediably sexy." Jack complimented, placing a kiss on her forehead.

~TWO MONTHS LATER: 0125 HOURS~

Jack slept soundly, his small snors punctuating the still air. "Jack," She whispered. "Jack." she said, shaking his still form, he mumbled something, but continued to sleep. "Jack!" she shouted, and shook her sleeping husband more forcefully.

"What? Sam?" Jack said sleepily, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Sam was dressed and held her suitcase. "Honey, I think it's time." She rubbed her abdomen, trying to control her breathing.

"It's time? Oh my god, Sam..."

Five minutes later, Jack sped down the highway heading straight for the St Kathryn's Women's Private Hospital.

"How far apart are the contractions?" He asked, swearing silently when he ran a red light.

"Coming on eight minutes," she breathed, reciting her lamase training.

"Shit!" Jack swore, pushing the accelorator down more. "Jack, slow down." Sam scolded, griping the dash board. He slowly pulled up to the hospital curb and Jack helped Sam get out of the car. "Hey, hey." Jack stopped an orderly, whom was pushing a vacant wheelchair.

"My wife's in labour," the orderly helped Sam into the wheelchair, and hurridly pushed her to the desk.

Jack gave the details as Sam was pushed into an empty room in the maternity ward. The nurse was putting an IV line into Sam's arm when he returned with a bucket of ice chips.

"Hi." She breathed, as the contraction subsided.

"Hey, how ya feeling?" He asked, as he handed her the bucket.

"Considering I'm in labour, pretty good." She replied panting.

"Don't worry, I'm right here. I won't leave." He held her hand as another contraction began. Jack was honest to his word, throughout the whole labour, he held her hand, guided her breathing and wiped her sweaty brow.

~18 HOURS LATER~

A baby's wailing filled the maternity room, as a beautiful baby girl was delivered into Samantha and Jack O'Neill's waiting arms.

"She's beautiful." Jack said, emotions entering his voice. "What will you name her?," asked a nurse, who was tending to Sam.

"Charlene Meghan O'Neill." Stated Jack, looking down into Sam's smiling eyes. "Charlie." Whispered Sam, as Jack placed a sweet kiss on his wife's lips and his daughter's head. From then on he knew his life was perfect.

"I love you." Said Sam to Jack, as she held their sleeping daughter.

"I love you too," was his reply.

The End

The Power of Love, By Louise Cauchi

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Louise