Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Here We Are

by Louise
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Here We Are

Here We Are

by Louise

TITLE: Here We Are
AUTHOR: Louise
EMAIL: louc14@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: 3rd Season.
RATING: G
CONTENT WARNINGS: Very sappy romance, so sue me, I'm a romantic at heart! male/female relationship
SUMMARY: Daniel's musing when Sam and Jack finally get a clue
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis and S&J Relationship Archive
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission. "Here We Are" words and music by Gloria Estefan, on her album "Greatest Hits."
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Well, I was extremely bored last night with a million things to do, but I couldn't be bothered doing them, and I just decided to get a piece of paper out, and write. This just sortof came to me, so it basically wrote itself. Kudos to Amanda, who is betaing my other two pieces of work that I'm a little stuck on, it she can ever open them that is. And improved this one too. Thanks babe!
Drum Roll please...(tada)

Here we are again. Standing at the foot of the gate with the wormhole disappearing behind us, leaving an eerie silence hanging in the air.

Sam will go off and find some fascinating new mineral and spend hours analysing it. Teal'c will stand guard, silently observing the alien world around us. Sometimes I think he just blocks out everything. The look on his face makes you wonder what he thinks about. One time, Jack and he had a staring contest, you can guess who won.

Jack will stand or sit alongside him, trying to look as though he's keeping watch. But I know him too well. He'll watch Sam, pretending to be bored and unimpressed with this new planet, but is really undressing her with his eyes. He needs to get out more.

Jack and Sam's attraction does not go unnoticed by everyone, least of all Teal'c and myself. I might be calmly discovering new civilisations and playing with my 'rocks', as Jack calls them, but I can see what's going on. Even General Hammond can see it - he surprised me yesterday by mumbling, "When will they realise?"

I agree. When will they realise? I suppose it's our duty as friends to tell them what everybody sees, but we can't. Telling them would mean destroying the great bond they have. A great significant connection that makes them so wonderful, so unique, so...them.

Jack's watchful eye does not go unnoticed by Sam, either. She's noticed him once or twice, glancing her way with an appreciative glint in his eye. She doesn't say anything, but you wonder what she thinks about all this, exactly.

At the moment, his usual hard, serious look is not there, replaced instead by one that is almost loving, in fact. It's often, no, constantly, there, but Sam never sees anything in it, just that Jack's looking at her - again. She's the most observant person I know, yet she can't see what's right in front of her. And he won't do anything about it. I love them both, but they really need to get a clue.

"Colonel, is there something you want?" Sam asks Jack. I didn't even notice that he'd moved, to tower about her crouching form.

"Yes, Major, there is something I want, " he replies, his voice husky. Oh my God, he's going to do it. He is going to tell her. Finally! I glance at Teal'c, to see what he thinks of this. As usual, his face doesn't give anything away.

"Colonel?" Sam asks, surprised as he gently pulls her up.

"Close your eyes, Major," he commands her. Sam's eyebrows furrow together as she gives him her "confused" look, the one that is rarely seen. "Please?" He smiles slightly, almost shyly.

"Alright, but you had better not be up to something." She obeys, and he leans towards her. Jack's going to kiss her, I think. Until he takes her arms and spins her around, to face the horizon.

"Open your eyes, Sam." From my position about two metres away, I can hear her gasp.

"Oh Colonel, it's beautiful!" Her voice is full of awe and appreciation.

"You're beautiful. More so than the sunset, more so than the sunrise. Prettier than the stars shining through the black night and more magnificent than the moonbeams that grace the earth with a peaceful light. The light that has entered my heart and lit up my soul." Jack recites. Wow, that is so not like him. I hide a smile, and try to act as though I'm not watching.

"That's beautiful. Who wrote it?" she asks, gazing up at him.

"Actually, it's a Jack O'Neill original." He grins and I know he's going to do it now.

"Daniel Jackson," Teal'c comes up to me, "should we not vacate the area to allow Major Carter and Colonel O'Neill privacy?" I nod, picking up my notes.

"You know Teal'c, I think it's going to be a beautiful night." I pat him on the back as we head back to camp, allowing the now kissing Sam and Jack privacy.

"I concur, Daniel Jackson."

"Here we are
Face to Face
We forget, time and place
Hold me now
Don't let go
Though it hurts and we both know
The time we spend together's gonna fly
And everything you do to me
Is gonna feel so right
Babe when you're loving me
I feel like I could cry
'Cause there's nothing I can do
To keep from loving you
Here we are
All alone
Trembling hearts, beating strong
Reaching out, a breathless kiss
I never thought I could feel like this.
I want to stop the time from passing by
I wanna close my eyes and feel your lips are touching mine
Baby when you're close to me
I want you more each time
And there's nothing I can do, to keep from loving you.
Bridge
There's nothing I can do
I'm helpless in your arms
Oh baby what you do
I'm in love, this is it.
There's no turning back this time
No no no
Here we are
Once again
But this time we're only friends
Funny world
Sometimes lies
Become the game, when love's the prize
And though no one knows what's going on inside
And all the love I feel for you
Is something I should hide
When I have you close to me
The feeling's so sublime
There's nothing I can do
To keep from loving you."

So here we are again. Jack keeping an eye on Sam, Teal'c keeping an eye on all of us. And me, I'm relaxing for once. "Jack?" I ask him.

He turns his head towards me, a lazy smile on his lips. "Yeah Daniel?"

"The steaks are burning."

"Oh sh-," he curses, as he hurriedly flips the charred meat on the barbecue.

"Sugar dear, I think you mean sugar," Sam suggests as she, Cassandra, Janet and little Kaylin exit the house.

"Of course honey. Oh sugar." He grins as he bends down to receive a kiss from his wife.

"Hey Daddy." Kaylin grins the 'O'Neill' grin as Jack picks her up. Who'd have thought that after Sam and Jack kissed in the fading sunlight of PQ1472, they'd be married five months later, be pregnant one month after that and still be happily married after two years, one little girl and another on the way?

In Jack's words, everything is just peachy and extremely...sweet.

The End. (26/09/00)

Well please tell me what you thought? It's pretty short, granted, but I thought it made some sense. Praise will warm my heart, criticism will be tolerated, and flames will be deleted and bitterly despised.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Louise