Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Other worlds part 3

by Hilton_K
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Other worlds part 3

Other worlds part 3

by Hilton_K

Summary: Willow and Spike are called to save the world again
Category: Action/Adventure, Crossovers
Crossover: Angel, Buffy:TVS
Season: any Season
Pairing: Team, other pairing
Rating: 13+
Warnings: adult themes, language, violence
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story was created for entertainment purposes only. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 02/17/06

Other Worlds Part Author: Hilton_K Buffy/Angel/SG1 crossover Pairing: W/S friendship for now, not entirely sure where this is going. Feedback: Yes please! Hilton_kask@hotmail.com I know there are bit's that are just not right but for now...... Warnings: Some swearing. Spoilers: Post Buffy season 7. I'm picking and choosing whatever I need from season 5 Angel and Stargate that I've seen. However anything is game so Buffy season 7, Angel season 5 and SG1 season 8 to be safe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"In the name of the Goddess, what now!" Willow screamed in frustration. Her head dropped onto her arms as she leant against the table she found in front of her.
"Do not fret Willow. All will be well." Willow looked up wearily. She was surprised to find one of the golden women that she had seen in her visions of the past.
"Oh! I'm so sorry I didn't mean to be rude. It's just that such a lot has happened in the last 48 hours, I'm losing track of what going on." Willow rubbed her face tiredly. "What can I do for you?"
The woman smiled gently at her. "No Willow, this is a moment set aside for your needs. My name is Aleria, I was friend to the Keeper before the terrible days of the Dark ones." A look of sadness passed over her face. "I was one of the lucky few of our race who had reached a heightened state of being and whilst my body ceased to exist my spirit was not consumed by the evil that swept our world."
Willow settled back in her chair, she could feel a multitude of questions pushing for attention at the back of her mind but for once she decided to let the story unfold at it's own pace. A sense of peace washed over her and the woman Aleria seemed pleased.
"I believe some of your companions also know of those who have reached a similar state known as Ascension. We do not claim to know everything however." She sounded very prim as she pronounced this fact and Willow had to suppress a smile. "The Keeper worked hard to find a weakness in the Dark ones, all the knowledge he discovered was deposited in the crystals. However there was no way of separating this key knowledge from all the memories of our people previously placed within the crystals. He feared that the information would be too much for someone not of our race to handle for he had no idea if you would be able to deal with it. My understanding is that he built into the shielding a test to ensure that not only would the right person, you, be the only one able to access the crystal but also that its transfer would not kill you."
Willow nodded her understanding. At least it went some way to explain why the testing had spent so much time ripping through her memories of her forays into darkness and light. The knowledge she had absorbed from Gile's magic books were securely locked away in her mind and she hoped never to have the need to access them again. The activation of the Slayers had also downloaded a large amount of information into her mind although this was a load she was much happier to carry.
"I believe that when you need the information your subconscious mind will be able seek out the relevant portion of what you have received. Over time I hope you will come to learn all about my people."
Willow smiled at her. "I hope so too."
"In this place you may try and discover some of the memories that have been passed to you."
"I'd like that Aleria but I need to get back to my friends. They need my help and so does all of Earth."
"You're time here will be but a few minutes back on my world. I promise you this. My gift to you is this opportunity to understand what has happened to you. *You* are important too Red Tree." Her teasing grin made Willow laugh.
"Thank you."
Willow settled back into her chair and tried to relax. Her eyes closed and her breathing settled into a pattern similar to that of deep sleep. Next to her Aleria kept a silent vigil hoping that the young woman beside her would be able to cope with the enormous responsibility that her world had placed upon her shoulders.
*******
Daniel was fairly frantic about Willow's disappearance but Jack took it in his stride. After all when it came down to it they had no way of finding where she'd gone or who had taken her. It was worse than the damn Asguard. Carter had assured him that there was no evidence that an Asguard transporter had been used, in fact she was unable to get any energy reading that could help explain what had happened to the redhead.
Leaving Sam to continue her studies of the wall where Willow claimed a number of the enemy were trapped, Jack and Daniel made their way back to the antechamber.
Spike had apparently recovered and was pacing up and down again under Teal'c watchful gaze.
"She's gone hasn't she?" Daniel stared in surprise at the vampire's quiet statement but Jack just looked at him expectantly.
"What ever these bastards did to her it's made her," he paused searching for the right words. "Bugger, how the hell I am meant to explain it to you lot when what I say is likely to get me dusted." He growled in frustration.
"Just spit it out Blondie. Willow's vanished but I have no doubt that if we did anything to harm you we'd have a pissed of Witch back here in a click of her heels turning us into toads." Spike paused in his stride then relaxed a little.
"When she woke up my demon went wild. She's giving off an aura of power that's intoxicating. Chubbs isn't the champion demon magnet any more. If a Master vampire like me has trouble controlling their self then anything less is going to be damn near unstoppable." He stiffened suddenly. "She's back." Sam's startled exclamation echoed from the chamber at the same time.
Willow emerged slowly and cautiously from the corridor and looked anxiously at Spike.
"Hi." The word was barely audible but her eyes were locked on his. Spike fought back the demon which threatened to overwhelm him once more.
"Bloody Hell luv. What have you gotten us into now?" Willow gave a tremulous smile.
"I'm not entirely sure Spike but I've had a chance to think about what's been happening." Jack interrupted.
"When? You only popped out of existence for a minute." He tried to keep up with all this magic stuff but frankly this day was starting to get on his nerves.
"Aleria said that's what would happen but I feel like I've been away for hours." He had to admit she looked a lot better, rested even.
"And Aleria is?"
"One of the inhabitants of this planet and a friend of the Keeper, at least she was. She said you'd understand if I told you it was like being ascended."
The members of SG1 all looked to Daniel. "It's not my fault I can't remember anymore."
"You died!" Willow was horrified momentarily but then realised that it shouldn't be that surprising after all she was responsible for at least one resurrection.
"Several times actually, Danny boy here is a bit of a trouble magnet." Daniel glared at Jack.
"Wow." Spike's low growl made Willow refocus. "Oh Spike, I'm sorry. How are you feeling?"
"It's not that much of a bad thing pet, you smell incredible. Knowing that Colonel Mustard will stake me with the latest addition to his arsenal if I come near you is making me a lot more edgy."
Willow glared at Jack. "He bit you, for Gods sake." He sighed at her unwavering expression. "Ah hell, just toad me and be done with it." Willow began to giggle.
"Toad you. I like it." She sobered as she returned her attention to Spike.
"It would seem that the download of knowledge and power makes me a tempting target for demonkind. Not a great state to be in when you live over a Hellmouth or when you're best friends with a vampire." Spike stared wide eyed at her statement, even his demon appeared to be stunned into submission. She smiled at him. "Being with Aleria gave me a chance to think the problem through and I might have a solution."
"That's nice but what am I going to do with Little Miss Pointy?" Jack waved the improvised stake. "I haven't even had the chance to try her out yet."
Willow rolled her eyes. "We'll make her a date with Mr Pointy when we get back home OK. Then they can go on a date with you and the Slayer as chaperones."
"Cool." Jack tucked the stake in a spare pocket.
"Well I'm glad you're happy. Now what I have in mind is probably is going to have side effects but they shouldn't be too bad." She cut off the various protests, her voice dropping. "Hear me out." The command crackled with power.
"I'm going to reverse the spell I did to shield Teal'c from my magic. So he's going to probably feel pretty unwell. I need to do this as I suspect it may be preventing me from fully accessing everything the Keeper left for me. It probably made his little test a whole lot more unpleasant too but we couldn't have foreseen that. It also may mean that Spike's demon will be even harder to control, at least until I start the second part of this venture."
"What are you going to do luv?" Spike was worried. The Witch would never allow herself to harm anyone else again but in doing so tended to forget to make sure that she herself would not be hurt.
"I should be able to build a better, er, I guess you'd call it a mental shield but I need to start with a clean slate. If I'm right then it should make everything better for you and Teal'c too."
Jack looked at her carefully. "No offence Willow, but you've not been entirely forthcoming about the possible side effects to yourself in the past. Are you sure this is the right thing to do?"
"Positive. It'll take me a little while to do this so I suggest you take the time to decide what you're going to do about me."
"Do?" Jack couldn't help looking a little guilty.
"Yes, Jack. I realise that now I could be considered a threat by the military. You need to decide what you're going to do about my new abilities." She turned to Spike. "Will you be able to control yourself or do you want help?"
Spike took a moment to think, grateful that she'd given him a choice. "Well seeing as the big guy is likely to be incapacitated you'd better restrain me." She could hear the disgust in his voice but nodded.
"OK Spike. Teal'c would you mind." Willow moved to Jack's side. "I need to know your decision when we've finished. What ever happens I will stop the Dark ones from ravishing Earth as they did here. You should also know that while I won't knowingly hurt anyone neither am I going to go quietly to Leavenworth or wherever you send people you want to disappear to. I doubt you could hold me anyway."
Jack watched her move off to begin her spell and couldn't help but appreciate what an incredible woman she was. She'd certainly made his life easier by assuring him that she'd help fight what was coming but that didn't make him feel any better. He'd have to talk to Hammond when he got back maybe there was a way that this could be played down. For now though he was sure that she did not pose enough of a threat to stop him from taking her back through the gate. He just hoped the powers-that-be would see it the same way.
Daniel moved to Teal'c side ready to offer aid if needed. He glanced nervously at the vampire whose attention was solely on the redhead. He still couldn't get his head round the fact that she still considered Spike a friend after he'd attacked her. As he looked at Willow he found his gaze captured by the red head.
"We all have a darker side to our natures. It's up to us to overcome them. Spike's dark side is not just his own subconscious but a separate demon entity. I think you'll find he's a hell of a lot stronger than you or I." Daniel swallowed nervously, could she read minds now too?
"Nope. Not a mind reader." She grinned mischievously. "Spike's sire has given me plenty of practice at reading expressions, however minute the change." Spike's laughter rang out before he sobered suddenly.
"Bloody Hell pet, it's a good job Peaches didn't come along. One taste of you would have been the happy to end all happies." Willow paled slightly then shuddered.
"Thank goodness someone is watching out for us." She noticed the confused glances from the others.
"It's complicated but the repercussions would have been unimaginably bad." She bowed her head momentarily before taking a deep breath. "But that's not what happened and we can make the best of the situation. Is everyone ready?" Receiving acknowledgements from them all she settled herself in the doorway.
Spike watched in appreciation as the sunlight streamed through the door and over her giving Willow an unearthly air. He spared a brief glance to the others in the room who seemed equally enraptured. He froze as a tremendous wave of energy burst forth from the redhead that made the room vibrate like a bell. He felt his demon roar forth before being beaten back by the atmosphere Willow's energy had created.
Teal'c had slumped to the wall momentarily before he felt a new wave of strength flow through him. He felt as strong and well as he had when he still carried a symbiote inside him.
Jack winced as the room reverberated with something more than sound. There was a sudden warmth in his knees and he flexed them automatically, testing to see if they were going to become a liability. He was stunned to discover that there was no pain, no horrible grinding sensation. He looked to the woman in the doorway in wonder.
Sam was captivated by the sight of the young woman looking radiant in the sunlight. She'd seen many incredible things in her time with SG1 but Willow's generosity and apparent magical ability left her speechless. In some ways she didn't want to know the scientific principle behind what Willow could achieve, it was tempting to accept that there was something more out there.
Daniel found himself torn between watching Willow and observing the effect that this amazing woman was having on his team mates. He'd been worried as Teal'c had briefly collapsed but the Jaffa now seemed to be livelier than usual. Jack had a carefree look as he bounced on his toes and Sam had a wistful look on her face. He felt invigorated as the pulse of energy that had been echoing round the chamber sent a tingling feeling racing over his skin.
Willow lost herself in the sensations as she freed her aura from the binding she had performed. She was aware of all of the others in the room from Carter's wonder, to Jack's pain and Teal'c and Spike's responses to her increased presence and she automatically began to sooth their reactions. She made sure that Teal'c would only be shielded from her and would still have some inbuilt protection should others try to influence him with magic. She healed Jack's knees and felt his joy at the result. There wasn't much she could offer Carter but for a moment let her feel the love of her Goddess as she experienced it. For Spike, she faced off with his demon letting it know she wouldn't take any more crap from it and she felt it acknowledge her dominance. Daniel's reaction was the most amazing for she was now aware of his incredible aura that had been hidden from her, she could only assume that it was visible now she knew of his previously Ascended status and her increased abilities. Her enjoyment of the moment and her connection with the others in the room was cut off abruptly by an attack launched from the bottom of the temple steps.
They all cried out as Willow suddenly withdrew and turned her attention what was happening outside.
Jack became aware of shouts through his radio and quickly responded.
"What the hell is going on out there?"
"Colonel, are you OK sir?" Major Talbot's voice came on over the radio. "We've been trying to contact you since SG9 came through the gate but there was no reply. When we arrived at the temple site Miller started muttering some strange mojo at the woman who was holding you captive sir but now something really weird is going on."
As Jack looked to the door he realised that Willow was gone and the others had all moved to the doorway and were staring at the events taking place outside.
"Tell Miller to stand down. We are not under threat."
"I think it's too late for that sir." Jack reached the top of the stairs and looked down at scene before them. They all began to move warily down the steps and spread out either side of the redhead. She seemed to be locked into some battle with Miller who was staring pale faced at the practically glowing girl. Her gaze was blazing and Jack winced glad that he was not the focus of her attention right now.
Failing to get any response out of Willow he moved to Miller's side. "What ever you're doing soldier I suggest you stop now."
"I'd really like to do that sir," A fine sheen of sweat had broken out on his forehead. "but I can't."
Spike frustrated at not being able to reach Willow turned on the ensnared man.
"What the bloody hell did you do?" Spike got right up to his face.
"It was a binding spell that a shaman taught me when I was in South America. It should have incapacitated her for a few minutes, that's all. It's just meant to provide enough time to tranquilise a target."
"Looks like you should have moved faster." Jack drawled. Spike looked about ready to rip Miller's head off.
"Blondie, don't you think you ought to try and reach Willow before she does something she might regret." Spike looked startled for a moment then focussed his attention on the redhead.
"Just so you know Soldierboy I am not doing it to save your hide." Spike slowly moved to stand in front of the sweating man. "Willow luv, it's me. Let 'im go eh?"
Willow's gaze focused on the vampire and he involuntarily flinched at the blazing fury in her eyes. Willow groaned and then shuddered before slumping forward into Teal'c's arms.
"Spike! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it. I wouldn't hurt you, please don't leave me." Everyone was stunned by the sight of the previously awesomely powerful being reduced to an innocent and scared woman. Spike pulled her into his arms.
"Shh it's alright luv. You just surprised me that's all. Like I told you before it's kind of a turn on." He felt more than heard her slight chuckle and relaxed a little. "Glad you didn't apologise to Iowa's little sidekick. Wanker deserved it for thinking he could best a Witch like you."
"Oh Goddess, Graham! Is he OK?" She looked frantically for him. Miller was being supported by a couple of members of SG9 who were openly staring at her.
She flushed with embarrassment at the attention but was relieved to find him meet her eyes. "I'm fine Willow."
"Notice she still didn't apologise." Spike gloated.
Willow playfully slapped Spike's arm and looked at Jack who crouched down in front of them. He gave her a wink before patting his knees.
"Thanks." She gave him a beautiful smile and he reminded himself again to watch out for this one. "So we ready to ditch this joint?"
"Sir, I haven't had a chance to finished studying the area where Willow said she trapped the alien attackers." Carter's reserve towards the witch had been softened since the events in the antechamber and oddly her behaviour towards Miller's attack had only strengthened her belief that Willow wouldn't harm them. After all it was quite clear that she could have seriously hurt the Captain. "I could do with her help here and she's the only one who has a chance of stopping whatever they are if they should accidentally get free." Willow shuddered at the thought.
"I'll be OK Jack. Sam's right I had better stay here." Jack threw Carter a glance then nodded his assent.
"Fine. Talbot, Carter will give you a list. Report back to the SGC and bring back whatever she needs. Miller you stay here where I can see you." Graham flinched at the hard tone in the Colonel's voice.
"He was only trying to protect you Jack." Willow's defence of the soldier who attacked her was the last straw.
"For the love of God Willow! You have every right to be pissed right now, it was an unprovoked attack." Jack could see he wasn't getting through to her. "Well I'm pissed. He attacked without orders, potentially risking our lives and he's meant to be our expert in these things." He reigned in his anger as he took in the wan looking woman before him. "We are going to have a serious talk about your positive mental attitude. Spike, we're going to have to toughen her up."
Spike looked thoughtfully at him for a moment before grinning. So the guy was a bloody soldier but maybe he'd be worth knowing, after all he had balls. "You're absolutely right mate. Boot camp maybe, after a couple of weeks of you soldier chaps yelling at her I'm sure that she'd stand up for herself. Mind you you'd have to promote any that survived not being turned into rats."
Willow had a betrayed look on her face as Spike sided with Jack before getting a twinkle in her eye. She slipped over to Daniel's side and linked her arm through his. She batted her eyelashes outrageously.
"Kind Sir, protect me from these beastly men." Daniel looked nervously at Spike for a moment seeing his scowl but decided that Willow would protect him.
"Of course my Lady," He gave her a bow before turning them both and heading back up to the temple. "Would you care to join us?" He offered his other hand to Sam. For a minute she looked like she wouldn't play along but suddenly she dropped a perfect curtsey and took his hand.
"I'd be honoured. So nice to find a gentleman these days." She threw a glance over her shoulder and had to smother a laugh at Jack's shocked expression.
"Damn the witch." Spike's growl jarred Jack out of his surprise.
"Should have known the geek would get the girl." Jack teased Spike.
"That's girls mate, he's got your little woman too." Jack was left standing gobsmacked as Spike strode up the steps. He took a quick look round to make sure no one from the SGC could have overheard that last comment then caught up with Spike.
"Don't let her hear you call her that. You maybe a vampire but she'd rip your attributes off none the less."
********
Willow and Spike sat unobtrusively out of the way as the members of the SGC worked busily investigating the site of the collapsed corridor.
"Who would have thought you could have this much fun and not be sat on top of a Hellmouth." Spike was leaning back against the wall where he'd been watching the redhead. She become quiet after they'd all retreated back into the chamber but he was pretty sure she was just thinking everything through.
Willow turned her head slightly and smiled at him. "It feels just like home - an impending apocalypse, cryptic prophecies, mysterious powers and constant threats of you being staked. I'm just not so keen at the fact there's no Slayer to save the day."
"You don't need a Slayer to help you Willow. You're so much more than all of them put together and I have no doubt that you'll save the day." Willow stared at him for a minute before breaking into a grin.
"Spike, I can't deny I'm loving it but the whole supportive Big Bad is starting to freak me out." He grinned back at her.
"Always keep 'em guessing love. It's the secret to my success. If it'll make you feel better I can make some threats about you not telling anyone back home."
She chuckled before leaning back beside him.
"If anyone took the time to look they'd realised that you've changed Spike. It doesn't help that you continually play up to their low expectations."
"I may be fighting on the side of good for now pet but a bad reputation gets you a long way, call it an ice breaker."
Still smiling she let out a gentle sigh. "Penny for 'em luv."
"It's all going to get very complicated when we go back through the gate." She felt him stiffen slightly beside him. "Don't worry I can get us out of anything they try." Spike watched the top of her head noting the confidence in her voice.
"So why are you worrying then?"
"Well, I'm sure you won't approve but I've become attached to these guys and I don't want to get them into trouble."
"Willow," she could hear the exasperation in his voice. He stopped before continuing. "I'll admit, under duress, that they're not too bad for military types but you heard Grouchy over there, he wants you to toughen up."
"I don't think that's what he meant Spike. Besides even if I just magic us out of there they're not just going to give up. They'll hunt me down, they know we live in LA." She froze as the realisation dawned on her." Oh Goddess! The others will be in danger too. I've put every one at risk." Willow's panicked voice drew the attention of Sam and Daniel.
"What's the matter?" Daniel hurried over wincing as Willow instinctively pulled away in the midst of her fear.
Lost in her panicked thoughts Willow didn't respond and continued to pace. Spike took pity on him and pulled them over to one side.
"She's just realised that even when we get away from you lot after this is over she can't go back to LA."
"Why?"
Spike looked at him in disbelief. "Do you really believe that once your bosses find out what she can do they're just going to let her walk away." Jack had heard the commotion and was standing in the doorway to the chamber. Daniel's rejection of Spike's claim died on his lips as soon as he saw Jack's face.
"But as ever she's not worried about herself, she's more concerned about her friends that she's now exposed to your scrutiny." Spike watched the redhead pace wishing there was some way to ease the look of worry on her face.
"But she didn't, I mean we found you."
"Ah but you're forgetting Daniel, she gave the Keeper the clues to carve on the wall in the past." Jack came over and joined the conversation.
"She can't hold herself responsible for the world."
"I can and I do. I tried to destroy it once, now it's mine to protect and all within it. I owe a debt that can never be repaid." Willow finally stopped pacing.
"That's enough of that pet. Brood anymore and I'll have to buy you hair gel."
A small smile broke over her face but was quickly wiped away. "Angel will never forgive me for putting the others in danger."
"Of course he will, Willow." Spike strode to her side and grasped her shoulders. "The only person who hasn't forgiven you is you."
"Spike, I,"
"Shhh luv. It'll be OK." Willow's eyes drifted and she found her self looking at the stunned expressions of the members of SG1.
"Ooops."
"Ooops." Jack mimicked. "You let it slip that you tried to destroy the world and your response is oops."
"Jack." Daniel saw her expression begin to fall. He felt a flash of recognition at the feeling of having harmed people you cared about. "Perhaps we should listen before we judge." He added pointedly.
"Dark magic he said, not tried to end the world. Big difference don't you think."
"Jack, I'm sure there was a reason." There discussion was interrupted by a hiccupping sob from Willow.
"Now look what you've done you tosser." Spike growled at O'Neill and pulled the redhead into his embrace.
"No Spike, its OK. They have a right to know." Willow raised her tear streaked face to look at him.
"I don't agree but I don't feel like losing another argument today." He sighed and sat dragging her down onto his lap. "Do you want me to do this pet?" She shook her head before turning to face the others.
"A man tried kill our friend the Slayer. He shot her then," her voice broke and she began to shake violently. Spike shushed her and continued.
"He seriously wounded the Slayer but another shot went wild and killed Red's lover. She died in her arms." Willow buried her head again as the sobs renewed. "She went a bit nuts, as you do, then called on powers she shouldn't have. After healing the Slayer, killing the bastard who'd shot the blonde witch, she raised an apocalyptic being to end the world and all the pain love brings." He stroked her back gently while looking defiantly at the face arrayed before them. "Friends of hers brought her to her senses in time. She's had proper training in her magic now. Giles should have bloody well seen to that in the first place."
"It's not Giles' fault Spike, it's mine." She looked at the members of SG1. "There's no excuse and I'll never make up for it, but I can assure you that I'll never ever allow it to happen again. I'd die first." She dropped her head.
Jack and the others just stood silently for a moment. It was hard to comprehend the idea that this woman had the power to end the world and that was before what had happed on this planet.
Graham had joined the back of the group while Spike had been explaining. He could understand the reactions of SG1 and decided to give them a little extra time. He walked over and sat next to the Sunnydale pair.
"I'm really sorry to hear about Tara, Willow. She was a great girl." Willow turned in Spike's lap to face him.
"Thanks Graham. I didn't hurt you out there did I?" All the fear and bad memories that had been dragged up made her insecurities flare up again.
Graham reached out and grasped her hand. "I'm fine. Just surprised me that's all. I'll have to go back to my shaman friend and ask him for a better spell. I'll get you next time." He winked at her.
"There'll be no bloody next time." Spike pointedly removed his hand from her arm. "Do it again and I'll rip your head off."
"I'd like to see you try *blondie bear*." Spike growled and lunged at him but was thwarted by Willow's presence on his lap.
Willow giggled at their antics before sobering as she remembered the seriousness of the recent revelations. She returned her attention to the members of SG1.
"There's not really anything I can say. I did something terrible and unforgivable but I have dedicated what remains of my life to protecting the earth." She met their eyes but her body language revealed her remorse not defiance of the past. "Whatever it takes."
Jack made to say something but Daniel silenced him with a hand on his harm. What went for Jack's sarcastic humour wouldn't help right now.
"We understand Willow." He glared at Jack as he went to say something further, holding his gaze as he continued. "We all know what it's like to loose someone and the unexpected paths it leads us to." Jack subsided and gave a little nod of acknowledgement.
"I can't promise you anything about what's going to happen when we return to earth but we'll do everything we can to protect you." Daniel didn't bother to look to Jack for confirmation, he already knew that his friend grown to like and admire the redhead.
"I can protect myself and Spike. It's you guys I'm worried about." Spike rolled his eyes while Graham just smiled knowingly at O'Neill's momentary confusion.
"Willow, what are you talking about?" Jack looked thoughtfully at the redhead for a moment. "You mean that if you wanted you could just click your heels and disappear off base!"
"That's an irritating analogy but true. I just don't want to get you into trouble." Willow sighed.
Jack pinched the bridge of his nose before exhaling. "Willow you just do what you need to do, we'll be fine." He held his hand up cutting off Carters objection. "Come off it Carter, how can they expect us to contain a witch!"
"Major Carter, Willow's not going to reveal anything about the SGC to anyone." Graham alternated his attention between the two women. "Firstly who's going to believe her anyway, no offence Willow. And her friends all have enough to worry about dealing with Earth's demonic dangers without adding the threat from other planets. She and the others have kept their secrets for many years, I have no doubt that our secret will be kept safe too."
Sam subsided but was clearly not overly happy with the situation. O'Neill realised that the simplest way was to focus everyone's attention back to their original mission.
"OK people. Let's try to lay off the shocking revelations for at least a few hours while we work out what we going to do with Darth Vader's spawn in there." He pointed a thumb in the direction of the wall.
********

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Hilton_K