Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Jay

by Littlemissobsessed
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Jay

by littlemissobsessed

Title: Jay
Author: littlemissobsessed
Email: littlemissobsessed@hotmail.com
Category: None
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Season: any
Rating: G
Content Warnings: none,
Summary: Just another boring come back from the future to save the world and can't get back again fanfic
Status: Completed
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
Author's Notes: Please please please tell me what you think, flames and all. You see I have no sociel life and my only friend is the keyboard i'm typing this on.

"I am not familiar with this earth custom, O'Neill "

"It's called black mail Teal'c, we ask Carter for the tape of us on P8X-379 or we pin up the photo of Sam waking up on P38- ...... what is that again? "

"974 "

"Thanks Daniel, and that way she won't show the tape of us making fools of ourselves in front of SG-11 and the rest of the SGC. "

"So Jack how are we going to get the tape off Sam? "

"Don't you ever listen to what I say? "

"I'm not in the military I don't have to. "

"Figures! "

INCOMING TRAVELLERS INCOMING TRAVELLERS

"Sergeant, who is it? "

"SG-1's code sir "

"Sergeant we're here "

"It may be Master Bra'tac, O'Neill. "

"Didn't we give him his own code? "

"Well actually........."

"Daniel! Got carried away played our rocks did we? Open the iris but make sure a security team is down there."

A 12-year-old girl with crystal blue eyes and chocolate brown hair stepped through the event horizon. She was carrying a small backpack and had a CD in her hand. She just stood in amazement at the fifty or so fully armed airmen who were pointing their rifles at this beautiful girl.

Rushing down the steps from the briefing room to the control room Major Carter stood and looked at the girl. She felt like she should know her like Sam had known this child since she was born. The General interrupted her thought

"WHATS GOING ON? WHO IS SHE? WHATS SHE DOING HERE? "

"Don't know to all three sir. " the Colonel answered " Carter could check her out sir with your permission of course, "

"Go ahead Major " The General ordered

Walking through the huge doors to the gate room Sam could see the relief in the child's eyes. The child seemed pleased to see Sam although Sam had never met this child.

"Hi my name's Sam, what's yours? "

"Jessica, but I like to be known as Jay. Before you ask, everything you will want to know is on this disc. "

"Uh thanks Jay, but I've got to check for Goa'uld, naquada and "

"and the usual I know "

"As far as I can tell sirs she's clean. "

"So kid why 'ya here? " asked the colonel as he came into the gate room.

"Ok for everyone including the sarcastic colonel here, I'll repeat again, everything you will want to know is on this disc. " She gave the disc to the colonel waiting for him to say something.

"One thing before I see what's on the disc, how did you know I was a colonel? "

"I'M CLEVER. You should see my exam results nearly always A+ " but then she pointed to the rank on his uniform.

"Hey Honey, " said The General "We would like to get you to the infirmary so we can run some tests and make sure you are clean. "

"How do I know if I can trust you, I mean we have only just met and I don't even know your name?"

Jay new damb well who he was, he was Major General George Hammond, she knew Janet, Daniel, Teal'c, Simmons, Maybourne, she knew them all but still followed her mother's orders. "Um may I intervene, my name is Daniel this is Teal'c, Jack, George and you already know Sam. "

"Ok, but not too many tests, I hate the idea of having needles poked into me. "

"We'll take you to Janet. " Sam told Jay

"Not before we check that bag Major " O'Neill ordered her

"You're not going in my bag! I've got personal possessions in that bag! No way are you going in MY BAG! " Protested Jay

"Jay we have to check your bag to make sure you are not going to harm us " Sam informed her

"Ok but Janet only no one else just Janet."

"Airman get Doc Fraiser now! " The colonel ordered

Teal'c stepped forward and asked

"Jessica, "

"Jay. "

"Why do you wish to see Doctor Fraiser? Do you not trust us? "

"I trust most of you but I don't want the sarcastic colonel to find out a secret just yet, and the reason I want the doc is 'Patient Confidentiality' "

"What's this about 'Patient Confidentiality'? " The doctor asked as she walked into the room.

"Doc will you please search this bag? "

Jay hesitated for a moment then handed the bag over to Janet. She opened it slowly and saw clothes normal teenage clothes she dug a little deeper to find toiletries and a framed photo; it was of Sam, Jack, and Jay. On the back it said Mum, Dad and me on their 15th wedding anniversary. Janet looked up at jay and saw the pleads in her eyes.

"Everything alright Doc? " the colonel asked

"Fine, just fine it's only her clothes and a couple of personal items nothing to worry about. "

"Great lets get her down to the infirmary "

*****

Later in the infirmary Jay and Janet was alone. Jay was getting dressed after having tests that she thought were very embarrassing and Janet was looking at the results.

"Jay, who are you? "

"Dumb question. You already know my name's Jay. "

"I mean who are you parents and what are you doing here? "

"Your saying you just missed the framed photo of them? "

"What I'm saying is, its better not to keep things like that a secret."

"Everything you will want to know is on that disc, why my parents sent me here? Where I come from? And why I have to keep my parents marriage a secret, if they knew I had brought that photo with me Dad would of put me in the academy and Mum wouldn't of argued. "

"But why?"

*****

"We have sent Jay to you so you can prevent the attack of the system lords on earth, Jay has the information you will want to know please listen to her and good luck. " said a recording of a older looking Sam on the disc

"Oh and look after my baby girl she is the world to me. " Said a recording of Jack

"JACK! You shouldn't have told them that. It will change history. "

"Isn't that the idea? "

"Oh never mind. "

The disc ended and everyone stood gob smacked, on it was a recording of Sam and Jack in the year 2017. They were married with a daughter, a beautiful daughter, and had sent her back in time to stop whatever attack was going to happen on the Earth. Jack turned his head to look at Sam she was still staring at the blank screen then she turned to face him.

"Carter could this be true? "

"It could theoretically but I doubt I would ever send any one back in time. "

"Shouldn't we go see Jay General? " Daniel asked

"We should "

*****

" My parents just told me to tell you that you shouldn't go to P3R 657 and if you do the attack will start here. "

"Why? " Asked Daniel

"How the hell should I know? They weren't that clear. If your husband was dying of a staff blast to the chest do you really think you would stop for a cup of coffee and tell your daughter all the grisly details? No, well shut the hell up then! "

Jay's eyes became cloudy and she rushed out the room Jack and Sam followed but Janet stopped Daniel, Teal'c, and Hammond, before they could follow.

"It's best to leave them alone. I'll check on them later. "

They didn't argue because if they did they knew the next physical examination would not be that inviting.

*****

"Jay, "

"Hi Dad, what 'ya doin' here? " Jay said as she wiped away her tears in the storage room.

"To get some bog roll. We've run out. " Jay giggled " and to see how my baby girl is doing."

Jack went to sit down next to Jay on the cold floor and pulled her into a hug. She snuggled down into his shoulder and fell asleep. Sam who was standing in the doorway came and sat down the other side of Jay.

"How'd you know that joke would work? "

"Used it on Charlie when he got upset and hid in the closet. "

"Oh." Sam looked somewhat sceptical

"Alright, my dad used it on me when I got upset and hid in the closet."

"Airman have you seen Carter or O'Neill? " Janet asked outside in the corridor

"Yeah they went following some girl into storage, you do know what that is about? "

"Just leave it as another one of SG-1's mysteries "

Janet walked into the storage room to see Jay asleep in Jack's arms and see Sam looking at her with love in her eyes. Jack picked Jay up and carried her to the infirmary where she could get some sleep.

*****

"So what are we going to do?"

"Well Daniel it seems that if we don't go to P3R 588 this attack will never happen." Sam explained

"I meant about Jay?"

Sam and Jack looked at each other. "Well we are going to keep her aren't we Sam? " it was more like an order than a question.

"Yes sir."

"Do I have to remind you that it's against the regulations to have a relationship Colonel? The General asked

"No sir, but with all due respect, what else are we going to do? Earth is destroyed in the future, so we can't send her back, she is closest to Carter and me and can you think of anyone in this base who would like to adopt the daughter of 1 brilliant scientist and 1 sarcastic colonel?" Jack had a point, the fact she was the daughter of the bases 2IC would put anyone off.

"Colonel, I swear ever since I've met you, I've been on the phone to the President longer than my own family." The general sighed, "I'll see what I can do but I'm not promising anything." And with that the General walked off.

"O'Neill do you really think General Hammond will be able to persuade the President to grant you a relationship with Major Carter?" Teal'c asked

"Sure, with the amount of problems we've come back with after missions, this should be a walk in the park"

Teal'c didn't understand half the cliches the colonel said, but after four years he had learnt to act like he understood then ask Daniel later.

"Uh Colonel? Can I speak to you a minute?" Sam asked,

"Shoot."

"In private?" even with a PhD she still got nervous about what she was going to say next.

"Come on guys lets go down the mess hall and get a bite to eat." Janet said, it would have been an order but Teal'c and Daniel aren't in the military.

"What's wrong Sam?" Jack asked, it was clear that he was worried. What if she didn't want Jay, what if she didn't want him. When Charlie died he was a total wreck, all he ever wanted was a second chance, a second chance to be the perfect dad now this was his chance. But how could he be the perfect dad if the woman he loved didn't want to be the perfect mum.

"Jack ...... Jack I don't know how to say this but, I love you. Ever since I first met you, in this very same room in fact, my emotions have been all over the place. My mum always told me that no man deserved my tears and that the only one who did wouldn't make me cry. Well before I met you that fact was true, but now you have completely screwed that up. You have made me cry more times than I can remember but somehow I have always been able to forgive you and sometimes I don't even know why. But I do love you I always have and I always will. I love you with my heart and soul and Jack will you be with be always? I need you."

"Your not expecting me to come out with a speech like that are you? You know I only have a small vocabulary, but that vocabulary does have the important three words in it too, I love you Sam" Tears were starting to roll down the blondes face. Jack went over to wipe them away he cupped his hand her soft round cheek, looked into her crystal blue eyes and gave her a most affectionate kiss.

*****

"I understand that Mr. President but you have to understand that this child is Colonel O'Neill's and Major Carter's and they have the right to care for her."

"No Sir, I understand sir, thank you."

The General just got off the phone to the President when another phone rang.

"General Hammond?"

"Yes."

"General Hammond, its Doctor Fraiser here, Jessica has just woken up and her family would like to know what is happening."

"I'll be now in a minute Dr."

"Thank you sir."

*****

"COLONEL O'NEILL! WILL YOU PLEASE STOP TAMPERING WITH MY EQUIPMENT?"

"I'm sorry doc I can't help it when I get nervous I fidget."

"Well you better calm down because if you don't I've got a large selection of needles in the closet which could inject you with sedatives." Janet knew how much the colonel hated needles and sedatives so it was the perfect way to shut him up and calm him down.

General Hammond walked into the infirmary where the group had now arranged.

"Colonel, Major. We have good news and bad news. Your gonna here the bad news first, you are now parents, you will have to deal with tantrums, indecent clothing and boyfriends whose testorone levels are way above normal." Sam and Jack smiled at each other it was obvious that they were in for a rough ride. "The good news is your getting the first round on me the day of your engagement"

"Well Sam with that in mind, do you give me the honour of becoming your beloved husband?"

"I do" Then they kissed, Janet thought it was romantic, Jay thought it was disgusting and Teal'c, well Teal'c didn't think it was much of anything.

"General" Daniel whispered "You know you've jumped in the deep end"

"Your wrong there Daniel, O'Malley's have a discount off all beers tonight and because most people turn up late they will miss out on my FIRST and only round." Daniel didn't want to admit it but the General was getting cleverer in his old age.

When the kissed stopped Jack asked Sam something "Sam honey, what did you mean when you said I made you cry?"

Sam looked at Janet and Janet looked at Sam then Sam replied "Jack honey, there are some things that men just shouldn't know." And with that they again fell into a deep passionate kiss.

THE END

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to littlemissobsessed