Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Blind Date

by Linz
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Blind Date

Blind Date

by Lindsay

TITLE: Blind Date
AUTHOR: Lindsay
EMAIL:lindsaymallen@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack romance
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: set during season 3
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS:none
SUMMARY: Daniel plays cupid.
STATUS: Completed
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This may lead to a sequel which involves seeing the General in a punk wig. What do you think?

Blind Date.

Friday Evening:

"No way, absolutely no chance Danny boy!"

"Jack, you have to, you lost the game. You have to pay up."

"Daniel I will only say this one more time. There is no way in *Hell* (or Naa'tu) that you are going to get me to go on a blind date just because I lost a stupid hand of poker!"

"O'Neill, I believe that you would have made Daniel spit polish the general head if you had won, as such it is only fair that you carry out your forfeit."

"Teal'c don't you start, I've got enough on my plate with space monkey here trying to play cupid!"

"Jack come on. I'll be kind, I'll send you to meet a friend of mine who is *perfect* for you, she's really good looking, and I mean wow..."

"Daniel if she is so hot why does she need to be set up on a blind date?"

"She doesn't. Believe me Jack, if she wasn't kept so busy with her job, she probably wouldn't have a night to herself. She has a really hectic schedule and never knows if her boss will need her for something or other... Look Jack you have no choice or I'll resort to letting the marines know you don't pay your bets..."

"Daniel, I never thought you'd sink as low as blackmail..." (Catching the determined glint in the archaeologists eyes) "Fine, fine... You win! But I *will* get you back for this, next mission; I swear I will find the planet with the biggest, most pollen filled flowers possible! So tell me, how'd you convince *her* to go along with this?"

"Well it took a bit of work, a certain amount of logical argument and a HUGE amount of pleading and grovelling. It's all set up, tomorrow night, 8pm at Bar Mac. She'll be wearing a red blouse and silver skirt. You have to take a white rose and she'll be carrying sunglasses."

"Sunglasses in the middle of January? Couldn't you have been a *little* more obvious! Daniel, I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this already!"

Daniel ignored his friends familiar sarcasm, he knew that Jack would not only thank him for this but would probably want to name a national holiday after him at the end of tomorrow evening. Oh he couldn't wait; this was going to be so good!



Saturday evening, 7:45pm. Bar Mac:

Jack had got here early even though he had seriously considered not showing up at all, but he knew that Daniel would tell everyone he'd been a coward, and that was one thing he wasn't. However, he couldn't deny the nerves he felt, it had been so long since he'd been out on a date with *anyone* let alone someone he didn't even know! He had to remember to be polite, charming and a gentleman, he could do that, he hoped. As he ordered his second beer, his thoughts turned to who would meet him shortly, what if he didn't like her, what if she didn't like him, this could turn out to be the biggest mistake since betting on those three kings! His mind wondered as to what she would look like.

He knew how he *wanted* her to look... about 5'10, blond hair, crystal blue eyes that told him exactly what she was thinking at any one time. He wanted to be able to spar with her, argue with her, laugh with her and comfort her when she needed him to. A woman who wasn't afraid of him, one who respected him while laughing at his jokes... basically he wanted a particular woman, a very specific woman... as he glanced nervously at he door he wished it would be *his* choice who would walk through. Right on cue, *she* actually did and it almost made him choke on his beer!

Oh, my God what is *she* doing here? What the Hell was his Major doing here tonight? How could he explain his presence here if she saw him? Man would it give her ammunition to pay him back for the sarcasm he'd treated her too. As part of his brain pondered the shit she was going to put him through back at base, another part of him recognised the graceful beauty stood at the door. But he knew all to well how beautiful she was, he'd spent enough time gazing at her to know just how wonderful she was, even in fatigues. He could see that she was looking for someone and anger mixed with the deep longing the sight of her always provoked. She was *his* He couldn't sit here with someone else and watch her on a date! Maybe if he put his head down she wouldn't notice him and he could leave quietly, the ridicule from the marines he could put up with, but watching his Sam with another man, no that was too much...

But as ever his plan didn't exactly work out the way he wanted...

"Sir is that you... What are you doing here?" She asked, herself a little shocked.

For crying out loud, she looked ... wow. He couldn't see what she had on because her coat covered her to her thighs, but from there on down... long legs tapered into shoes which where definitely not military issue...

"I'm waiting for someone... erm... a friend... yeah that's it I'm waiting for a friend. You?"

Stop babbling Jack, it's only a pair of legs! He chided himself, stop staring.

The nerves she felt before she walked through the door tripled... he was going to be here while she was on a blind date! Holy Hannah, he'd NEVER let her forget it! She couldn't do it, not now. Sorry Daniel she mentally apologised, I can't go through with it while he's here. Oh god, how could she have a pleasant evening with another man while the one she really wanted was only ten feet away?

"Same, I mean I'm waiting for a friend too. I didn't expect to see you here, are you going on to anywhere special?"

Part of her hoped he would say no and that the friend he was meeting was a guy (not likely, Jack was too uneasy for that), the other half wanted him out of there ASAP, for the sake of her sanity.

"I don't know yet, would you like a drink while we're both waiting?"

He had to offer, he couldn't just leave her stood there could he? On a purely selfish level he hoped she'd get stood up, he knew she was waiting for a guy, she was too sheepish for it to be a girl, plus she looked too good for it to be anything other than a guy. Jealously hit him like a shell from a Sherman tank. He hated the guy already.

"Yes please, beer thanks. Tell you what, you get the drinks, I'll stash our coats."

As she took off the very fetching black suede jacket his heart almost burst out of his chest. She was wearing a red blouse and a very short silver skirt *and* she had just taken a pair of sunglasses out of her pocket. Oh god! Thank you, thank you, thank you. The mental prayer was sent not to god, but to Daniel!

She waited for him to hand her his coat, he was looking at her a little strangely, sort of amazement fuelled by disbelief, "Jeez, I'm only wearing a skirt" she thought.

"Sir is something wrong?"

As she smoothed her skirt trying to see if there was a mark or rip or *something* his lungs forgot that they had to expel air. He said nothing; he just did that funny little smiley thing.

Oh no, there it is, the smirk, the one that made her physically weak, she'd promise anything to that smile! As she watched he leant over, moved his leather jacket and pulled out the most perfect white rose! At that point all capable thought had done a vanishing act. It was him! Daniel, how did you know what or rather who I wanted?

"Sam, I think we've been set up."

"Yes I think we have, so what do we do about it? I mean if you want to just say we did and not, I'll understand." She put her head down so that he wouldn't see the disappointment written all over her face at the thought.

Here's your chance Jack old boy, handed to you on a silver platter. You've never run from a challenge before and you are certainly not going to start now. Not when it something so important. You love her, enjoy her company. Even if she doesn't feel the same way, just enjoy the night.

"Well it'd be a shame to waste the reservations, what say we have a good meal and kick back for a while. It'll give you chance to relax."

She thought she was dreaming. Was this her Jack offering to actually be her date for the evening? No, pull yourself together Sam, he just wants a good meal and some good company... well it's a start at least...

"OK, why not, but you buy drinks!"

He laughed as he guided her to their table, one in a secluded corner that Daniel had arranged no doubt!

Later that night:

The evening had been fantastic, they had not stopped talking or laughing all night. It was perfect. *He* was perfect. He had been his usually witty self but had combined it with a charm that was positively lethal and wrapped it up in an undeniably sexy package. She had only ever seen snatches of Jack as anything other than her CO. Yes he was a friend and confidant, someone she respected and someone who made her laugh. But the military rules they both lived by had caused the sparks she had felt between them to be hidden, deep inside. Unfortunately not even her code of honour could stop her feeling more than respect for her CO. Her stomach always somersaulted when he walked into a room, when he smiled at her or when he touched her. He was gorgeous anyway. But tonight he was relaxed and had revealed another side of his character; the one outside military regulations and that made him sexy as hell! She didn't think she could love him anymore than she already did, but tonight had proved her wrong and she wasn't quite sure how to handle it.

He watched her beautiful face drift off in thought, could she be anymore perfect? He didn't want the night to end. She was smart, sassy and had a sense of humour that was just wicked. Of course, he had noticed it all before and it had already made him fall fast and hard for his 2IC. Now, seeing her off base and relaxed in his company only made her more bewitching. He couldn't let her go, not now; he was in way too deep.

"Sam, would you dance with me?"

What are you doing you fool, do you want to torture yourself even more? One of two things is going to happen here, one, she'll turn you down and you'll feel like a bug on a windshield. Or two, she'll say yes and then you'll have to slow dance with her without *letting her know* exactly how you feel! But when he looked at those eyes she gave him the courage he needed.

As he took her into his strong arms they began to sway to the gentle rhythm. It was everything she had dreamed it would be and more. She felt protected and safe, she felt love. She knew it, as certain as the earth goes round the sun, it was there. That indefinable spark; the heat of his touch on her back. She raised her head and looked into those chocolate eyes and knew she had come home.

Jack had never believed in psychics or any of that supernatural mumbo jumbo before, but as his Sam looked into his eyes he knew without a shadow of doubt that she loved him. He couldn't believe his luck, at that moment he felt blessed. She was his; he had felt her response to him on a level that he had only ever heard about on TV. He knew the second she stepped into his arms that he would never let her go. All the previous fear that had stopped him saying those three words he had dreamed of saying to her crumbled with one single look. He knew in his soul that she felt the same fundamental, mind-altering, earth shattering love.

"I love you Sam." He whispered into her ear

She felt free, weightless, and giddy. She felt love, deep and true, and the only man she would ever love again had just told her he felt the same way. To whatever force had done this "Thank you". To Daniel, "Thank you". As she shuddered at the feel of his breath on her lobe, she knew just what he needed to hear.

"I love you too".

He thought his heart had exploded. Every single wish had just been granted to him. He didn't deserve any of this, but she was his now and would be until death did them part.

The kiss they both initiated sent them to another world. Both minds and bodies experiencing sensations that bared souls. No more doubts, no more fears. They had each other, they could take on the whole galaxy and win, it was the stuff of dreams.

"Jack, what do you say we get out of here?"

"I think that can be arranged. God, I love you Sam."

The gaze they shared promised so much more, something that would leave an undying imprint on aforementioned mind, body and soul.

"Come on Sweetheart, your boss wants you for something!"

Daniel and Teal'c watched unnoticed from the corner, a smile on Daniel's face which resembled a Cheshire cat's *after* a bowl of cream.

"Pay up Teal'c," Daniel said as their friends left arm in arm, "I told you they'd end up together tonight".

"I did not deny the final outcome, I just did not think that the result would be so quickly evident DanielJackson."

"Teal'c, they have been in love with each other pretty much from the moment they saw each other. The electricity between those two could power the Stargate. The problem was neither of them saw that the other felt exactly the same. I just decided to give them a little push..."

"Will General Hammond not have a problem? They are not allowed such a relationship..."

"Teal'c the General was in on this, he said that if we left them to their own devices they'd never get around to anything and that for two people so intelligent in their own way they are remarkably stupid".

Daniel laughed, he was so happy; his two best friends had found each other at last. Teal'c raised his eyebrow and Daniel was amazed when he actually smiled. A good omen thought the archaeologist.

Now he just had to hope the marriage would happen in less than three months and the first child within the next nine months. The way his luck was running, he'd get to see the General in a punk wig yet!

The End.

This may lead to a follow up, I don't know yet. What do you guys think?

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Lindsay