Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Hunry Like The Wolf

by Lexx The Lioness
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hunry Like The Wolf

Hunry Like The Wolf

by Lexx The Lioness

Category: Other
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 01/05/04

Hungry Like The Wolf Lexx The Lioness

*** Summary: Lessee, uh...anyone heard the song Hungry Like The Wolf by Duran Duran? If you havent you should get it and listen to it while you read. If you dont have it, thats okay. It just suits the fic. I was listening while I wrote it. Obviously. If you know the lyrics, youll find them in there. Right before I wrote my newest fic, When Doves Cry. If you like this, you may like that...*maybe*

***

Jack sniffed the air. His nose quickly picked out the scent he was looking for. He knew it well. The prey was near. He strode up to a rocky overhang and bayed his hunting spirit to the forest. Birds flew in panic across the moon and the stars sparkled like jewels. The warrior blood flew through Jacks veins, urging him to sing. And sing he did. Sam turned. Using the trees and her colouring as a cover she stayed invisible and watched Jack. He was near and knew she was close. The hunt grew more interesting with every move. Sam listened intently to the night. She could hear birds, insects, bats and the night sounds. But there! Water. A river. Perfect cover for her pawprints and scent. She laughed the laugh of a triumphant hunter and galloped to the water. As she slipped into the river, her fur clung to her and the current grew strong. She felt herself being pulled, but she resisted. A strong warrior. As she reached the shallows of the other bank, she looked back across the river. Up on the overhang in the distance, she could see Jack. He was watching her, calm but wanting. with the moon behind him, He howled to her. Singing his song, of how he would catch her. Of how she would resist, but he would find her. He was hungry. Hungry like the wolf. Slowly, he padded down from the overhang, and they stood. The meters between them could not stop the communication between them. Then, they both broke into a run. She ran, escaping him, knowing she would have to give in to him sooner or later. It was always that way, the prey gave in to the prey, whether she was hunting or hunted. She could feel his heat. He was behind him. A moment and hes be there. He ran, breathing in her flying scent. He lost it, then he found it. Grinning like a maniac, like the wolf gone mad, he ran. Whining in need, Jack sped up. The dirt spun from beneath his paws and the shadows around him watched respectfully. There was a scent on the air, something new, and a sound. A scent and a sound. Suddenly, he stopped. He had reached her, but she was not alone. Something was different. With a snarl, Jack launched himself upon the newcomer. A bear. Sam was already snapping, the spittle flying from her mouth as anger and blood dripped from her fangs. She watched, breathing hard, as Jack latched onto the bears throat. Growling lustily, she leapt in and closed her jaws around the bears swinging paw. With thoughts of Jack in her mind and blood in her mouth she clenched her jaws shut. With a rending crack, the bears bone snapped, her teeth gashing and blood pouring from the arm. Sam drank it in and snarled as the bear bellowed its anguish to the trees. Her mouth ran with juices that tasted to her like wine. Jack was thrown off by the bear, but he recovered and Sam and Jack dove in together. Each latching jaws onto the bears throat, feeling the blood coursing through the fur in their mouths, they tore. The bear gave on last roar and toppled. Jack and Sam looked calmly at each other, the adrenalin a stench in the air. Then, for the first time after a hunt, Jack began something new. Slowly, he strutted along a line, his silver-grey fur glinting in the light. Her blue eyes watched on, a new exciting moment. As he neared her, he brushed his fur along her chest, his scent reaching her easily. The smell of him so close drove her near crazy. Respectful and wary, they showed the feelings they hid. The warriors heart was opened and love came pouring out. The passion of the hunt and the passion for each other shone in their eyes and in the stars. Sam and Jack surrendered to each other through the night, their triumph in finding each other and loving each other was shown to the trees and the owls.

***

Sam? Jack? Please, answer me. Sam? Janets voice penetrated her skull and Sam tried to prick her ears to catch more information but found she couldnt. And her fur. Confused, she sat up and looked around for the hunter. There he was. But no. He was human. What happened? Sam felt tears coming. She felt panic rising. Oh, thank my lucky stars. Well, you two remember gating out? Sam shook her head and Janet frowned. Jack woke and sat up. The loss in his eyes all too evident to Sam. She crawled out of her hospital bed, over to his bedside and pulled herself in. He buried his face in her hair and she let a tear run down her cheek. They had lost the greatest gift they had ever recieved. You were put into a ceremony where you somehow became wolves. It was fascinating. And you two are okay...Are you? Janet frowned. Jack was sobbing into Sams hair and she wouldnt look up. What happened? We were wolves. It was perfect. Perfect. And I would give all I have to get back to that. Sam sniffed. A singly moment of purity. Send me back. Please. Jack held onto Sams hand.

***

Half a week later, Jack once again stood on the overhang. Human, but feeling the part of him that would always be wolf crying inside him. Loss was forever in this case. Sam stood beside him, feeling the wind. They both felt the wind and the water. In touch with it all, in touch with the ground, they turned to leave. But before they left, Jack pulled himself down to the edge of the overhang. There, they made vows. Cutting a gash in their arms, right next to their new wolf tattoos, they swore an oath to the earth. Never forget. A new reason to fight. The earth. So much more.

La End!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Lexx The Lioness