Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Who You Are - Part 1

by Lexi
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Who you are

Who you are

by Lexi

TITLE: Who you are
AUTHOR: Lexi
EMAIL: alexchaseling@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Romance, POV
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: any
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: language, male/female relationship, violence
SUMMARY: sam is a witch, but how is she going to keep her secret.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: well this turned out to be longer than it started out to be. I hope you like it. Please please please please give me feedback! and tell me f you think I should write a sequal. I have also written other stories. If you van't find them. write and I will send them to you.

*Sam*

I have a secret. I have never told anyone, except for Janet. She is great. She covers for me when I have to leave work early, or I can't go on a mission. Except for Janet, there is nobody in the world who shares my secret. Nobody mortal that is. See, I am a witch. Every woman on my mothers side of the family is. And since I am the only one alive, that makes me the only one. At least in my family. There are only about ten families in the whole world that have the same secret.

I inherited it from my mother. And when I have children, if they are girls, they will inherit it from me. But I am getting ahead of myself here. The fact is, that my secret is getting harder and harder to keep. Janet is wonderful, but she can only do so much. And it is not only the people that I work with that I have to keep the secret from. It is everyone. When I go shopping, or for a walk, anyone I meet, must never know who I really am. The worst is when I go to the doctors. These days I only see Janet. But before I worked at the SGC it was hard. You see, you can tell a witch easily by a few ways. The fist being, that they always have blue eyes. I know what you are thinking. 'Now there's one I haven't heard before'. But it's true. It is one of the things that we have kept secret. Another thing is blood. We (that sounds weird 'we') have certain chemicals in our blood that no human will ever have. And there are other things as well, but I won't waste you time with those. The fact is it is hard to keep these things from doctors, but we still need to go to them like anyone else.

I was in the infirmary with Janet. I was trying to help her to get me next Tuesday off. It was the autumn equinox, and that wasn't a day I wanted to spend at the base. My powers go crazy on each of the equinox's and it is hared to hide them. Not to mention the fact that I am a magnet for evil and have demons popping out everywhere at me. But Colonel O'Neil was being stubborn and not letting me off without a good excuse. And he was catching on that there was something going on with me and Janet, so he wasn't going to accept a doctors certificate either.

"What am I going to do? I can't show up with three or four demons trailing behind me! What would I say? 'Oh sorry sir, see, I'm a witch and every year on this day, stuff like this happens. So get over it?!'"

"Sam calm down! Legally he can't keep you here when you have a doctors certificate."

"Yeah but how can we stop him. I'm not sick, and I don't have the kind of job where I can do anything about it!"

"Well, I don't know what to do! Maybe it is time you fess up. Tell him. It's not like he will hand you over or let people do experiments on you."

"They wouldn't be able do get near me anyway. But that's not the point! It's hard to let go of my secret. I have been keeping it with me since I was fourteen years old! I will need more than two days to get the courage to tell him!"

"Sam you have the strength, it's just a matter of using it. Anyway, from what I can see you have two choices. You can tell him and hope he will understand, and give you the day off, or you can not tell him, and come to work where he will no doubt find out anyway. Take you pick" Janet said matter of factly.

"Yeah well thanks for that little bit of common sense, but I think I will go home and try to think of a way to get by this." I said in a dull tone.

"Well I hope you do."

*Jack*

I wondered what was up with Carter. She was acting kinda weird. She wanted Tuesday off. Naturally I tried to make hard for her to get it. I always tease her like that. But this time she didn't laugh at it. She seemed worried and went quickly out of the office muttering something about going to find Dr Fraiser. I hoped I hadn't gone too far this time. I was going to give it too her. I thought that I would go and see the Doc. Her and Carter were like best friends. She would know what was wrong. When I got there Dr Fraiser said that she had just left.

"May I suggest that if you want to know what is wrong, you just go and ask her. She will be at her home now if you want to go and see her, or you can wait until tomorrow." She said and then went back to her work. I decided that I would wait until tomorrow. Maybe Carter would have worked out whatever she needed to by then, so could explain to her that I was just joking and she could have the day off if she still wanted to. So I headed home for the night not knowing what else to do.

*Sam*

When I got home, I got changed into some more comfy cloths and then I sat down on the couch with a cup of coffee to try and work out what I was going to do. I sat there for about an hour going over my options when I realised that my only real option, was to tell the Colonel my who I really am. I decided that I should do this as soon as possible, before I changed my mind, so I picked up the phone and dialed the Colonel's home number. He had given it to me for emergencies, and I figured that this counted as an emergency.

*Jack*

I had only just walked in the door when I heard the phone ring. "Oh for crying out loud! Who could that be.' I really wasn't in the mood for phone calls. All I wanted to do was sit down and watch the hockey match on TV. I soon changed my mind.

"Hello" I said

"Umm, hi sir..."

"Carter! Are you all right? Is there anything wong?" I was worried because she had never called me at my house before.

"Ahhh, no I'm fine, but I do need to talk to you. Are you able to meet me?"

"Now?"

"Well, yeah. The sooner the better."

"Ummm, OK. I will meet you at your house in half an hour?"

"Fine. I'll be waiting." She hung up. I wondered what was so important that she needed to talk to me tonight. But I didn't waste too much time on that. I would find out when I get there. But I had no idea what was about to come my way.

*Sam*

I hung up the phone, already starting to loose my nerve. But I couldn't back out now. Well I could have, but then there would be no reason to be telling you this story if it ended here. He knocked on my door exactly half an hour later, like he said. When I opened the door and saw standing there, I almost lost all my nerve, but I kept on going.

*Jack*

When she opened the door, she didn't say a thing. She just turned around and walked into the living room. I followed her, closing the door behind me. She sat down on the couch.

"Do you want a drink?" She finally spoke.

"No, I'll be fine."

"OK then. Well I am just going to cut to the chase, before I loose my nerve, so please don't say anything until I have finished speaking. Then I will answer all you questions. OK?"

"Fine with me. But are you all right?" I asked worried still.

"I will be fine when I have said what I need to."

*Sam*

I could tell that he was curios as to what I had to say. And I didn't want to waist any time so I started straight away with my little speech that I had planned in my head. But as soon as I opened my mouth, I forgot about that little plan and just started talking.

"You know when I asked foe that day off, well I had a very good reason, actually I still have a very good reason for doing that." I looked into his eyes and saw only curiosity there, so I kept on going.

"See, I have a secret. It is more like a family secret. Every woman on my mothers side of the family shares this secret. And since I am the only one alive on that side, I am the only one with the secret. Now before I tell you, You must promise never to tell a soul, or you have no idea what hell it could cause me. Do you?"

"I promise" He said. I could tell that he wouldn't brake that promise. The look in his eyes was changing from curiosity, to a look that said that cared for me and would never do anything to harm me. He took my hand in his, as if to reassure me.

"Good. Now I have been trying to find a easy way to say this all night. A way that will make it more believable. But there is no way. So I will say it straight. I am a witch." I looked at him for a sign of what he thought or how he felt. He looked into my eyes and I saw the acceptance in them. He I'm not sure what he was thinking, but I knew that deep down he believed me and accepted it.

"Wow" he said

"Yep" I agreed.

"I didn't see that one coming. And that was why you wanted the day off?"

"Yes. It is the autumn equinox, and I couldn't trust that my powers wouldn't give me away. So I need the day off."

"Well I was going to give it to you anyway, I was teasing you. I'm sorry I got you worried. you can still take the day off if you need to." I couldn't believe that he was so easy with all this. I knew there was more to his feelings than he was giving away.

*Jack*

She's a witch. that was one of the things I hadn't prepared myself for. If she was going to say something like I am leaving the SGC or even, Sir why the hell can't I have the day off? But I didn't know how to act to this one. My head was swimming in thoughts. She had to be joking. I mean there is no such thing. But when I looked into her eyes, I could tell that she wasn't joking. She was dead serious. She had had a hard time trying to tell me as well. I could tell. It kind of made her more mysterious in a way. I mean I have always wanted a chance to get to know her on a more personal level. There was a lot that I didn't know about her, so many questions I had about her. and now that she has told me this, now that I know more about her, I feel that there is even less that I know about her. So many more questions forming. But I had to take this one step at a time.

"Ummmm, so you being a witch, what does that mean?" I really didn't know what to think. I saw her prepare herself again. so she would be able to answer all my questions, like she had promised.

"Well, I have powers. There are limits to it of course, but I have far less limits than other witches. I can do almost anything. Something's I can do in a heart beat. others take more energy. Others can take all my energy and kill me." she looked as though she couldn't even believe what she was saying. But I knew it was the truth.

"What do you mean by less limits than other witches? Are there more?"

There are about ten or eleven families that have the gift. And each family was born with the gift stronger than others. I happened to be born to the family with the strongest gift." she paused, and when I realised that she amy not continue, I kept her going.

"And that makes you......."

"The most powerful witch in the world. And the one to attract the most evil. I am dangerous to be around this time of year. You shouldn't be here. something could happen any minute. And I could never forgive myself if something happened to you. So you better go." She was changing her tune very quickly. As if she was realising that this was a mistake. But I wasn't about to give up that easily.

*Sam*

I don't know why I was trying to get rid of him. It felt good to be able to talk about it too someone other than Janet. I could feel something bad coming. But he was being so damn stubborn.

"No, I can look after myself, and you don't seem to be to well. You will need help if anything happens." he said, looking directly into my eyes. I was about to give in, when I realised what was happening. It would be easier if he saw what I was first hand. But I couldn't worry about protecting him and do what I needed to do at the same time. I think he could tell what I was thinking, because he said,

"Look, I know what I can handle. If I think that I will get in your way, I will leave. But until then, I am staying to help."

"Sir, you have no idea what you are talking about. I can feel something coming, and it won't be fun when it gets here. So please go." I begged him.

"Major Carter. I am staying here to help you." He said trying a different approach.

"You can't pull rank on me now. We are off duty."

"Well, I'm still not going. So you will have to deal with me being here. Plus I want to see what you do first hand." I had the perfect answer to that, but I forgot it in a split second, as I felt the evil becoming dangerously close. So instead I said,

"Fine stay! But you will keep out of the way unless I say otherwise. Do you understand?" I wasn't in the mood to argue anymore.

"No! I am goin......"

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" I yelled. my eyes turned a misty black, as my anger rose and I prepared myself for battle. He took a step back in surprise and nodded his head.

"Good." I said calming down a bit. I signaled for him to hide in the corner of the room and I stood on the middle of the room, getting ready for what was to come.

*Jack*

I did what she said and hid in the corner of the room. she stood in the middle. there was a faint glow around her and her eyes were a weird black colour. She seemed to be concentrating on something, and she slowly started to float in the air, but no more than a few cm's above the floor. After about a minute, the walls and floor started to shake. It got more and more violent, until a dark figure jumped through the window and stood directly in front of Sam. The lights went out until the only things lighting the room were the faint gold glow from Sam, and the faint red glow from the figure.

"Witch" He said, his voice dripping with hate and disgust.

"You got that right" Sam replied. Then she lifted her hand and the figure went flying across the room. It hit the wall next to me hard, but didn't even notice me. He simply stood up, and brushed off his robe.

"You will regret that" It threatened. I knew that I should have gone to help her, but I couldn't move. This was more than I was ready for. I didn't know how to handle this. The figure started to chant, and Sam bent over in pain. I had to do something. With all my strength, I stood up and went barging into the figure. He wasn't expecting that and went head over heels. but it didn't take him long to gain his balance again and turn to look at me.

"Fool! You will pay for that!" He started to chant at me this time and I felt the most unbearable pain all over my body. I keeled over in pain. Yet through my shock and hurt, I heard Sam chanting as well, and through the corner of my eye, I saw the figure disappear in a burst of flames. It's cry echoed in the room, long after it was gone. Everything else came as a blur. I saw Sam rushing towards me yelling at me and telling me that I was an idiot to risk my life like that. Then she picked me up with strength I never knew she had, and she placed me on her couch.

*Sam*

I can't believe he did that. he risked his life for mine. Going up against something he knew nothing about. I knew that I should have been flattered, but I was pissed off. I almost lost him. I hurried over to him to see if he was all right, then I picked him up and put him on the couch. I covered him with a blanket and told him that there were no argument sand that he wasn't moving until the morning. Even if I had to sit by him all night. And that's just what I did. when he fell asleep, I grabbed another blanket and slept on the floor at his feet. I didn't get to sleep until the morning though. I had too much to think about. Like how was he going to react to what he had seen and felt. I was sure that he would leave me. Demand that I was transferred from SG-1 and send me back to the pentagon or something. I fell asleep just before sunrise with that thought still lingering in my head.

*Jack*

When I awoke, the sun was already up. I looked around me and saw Sam asleep at my feet. She looked like hell. without thinking twice, I got up and put her in my place on the couch. I covered her with the blanket and sat on the edge staring at her. She was so beautiful. Even if she did look terrible. I as in love. She was the most wonderful, kind, caring and mysterious person I had ever met. I was nothing compared to her.

I must have sat there with her for an hour before she opened her eyes. She looked at me lazily, and then as if she had finally woken up with shock, she tried to jump out of bed. I pushed her back down again.

"Sshhhhh, It's all right. you are at home. just rest." I said soothingly. She lay back down and just stared into my eyes. And I stared back into her crystal blue eyes.

*Sam*

His chocolate brown eyes were staring into mine. The love was shining clearly in them, and I'm sure mine were the same. After about five minutes, he started to lean down. Slowly, as if unsure, he pressed his lips against mine. I gave no objection, so he depend the kiss, crushing his lips against mine. He ran his tongue along my lips, asking for entrance. I granted his wish and I felt his tongue enter my mouth. The kiss grew in intensity, until, finally we had to break away for air.

"I love you Sam" He whispered with a husky voice.

"I love you to" I replied. He leant down again and kissed me. this time with even more passion than the first time.

We stayed like this all day. just enjoying each others company. And I still had more to tell him, but that could wait.

*The End*

Well that's it for now. Did you like it? write and tell me if you want a sequel. I have also written other stories. If can't find them, write and I will send them to you.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Lexi