Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Spying

by Lene
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Spying

Spying

by Lene

Title: Spying
Author: Lene
Email: AmberLaMorte@aol.com
Category: Humor, MissingScene/Epilogue
Episode related: 601 Redemption 1, 602 Redemption 2
Season: Season 6
Pairing: none, Sam/Jack, Sam/Other, UST
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Summary: Extended scene from Redemption - What if O'Neill saw Sam and McKay? Short Story. My summary sucks, plz just read :-)
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Spying.

Season: Early season 6.
Spoilers: Redemption Part 2
Category: Mild UST, humour
Pairings: S/J, Sam/McKay (sorta!)
Summary: Short story about O'Neill spying! Extended scene from Redemption - my summaries suck, plz just read! :) Author's Notes: Heliopolis, fanfiction.net, ne1 else (plz ask first tho.) Reviews would be nice :-D Disclaimer: Ya know the drill. These characters don't belong to me, they belong to MGM, Gekko Corp, Sci-Fi channel etc. Please don't sue me I don't own much!

:):):):):):):):):):):)

Colonel O'Neill arrived back on base just as everyone was preparing to shut up shop. He stepped off the elevator, headed down the corridor and was just about to step into his office when he heard a voice. Recognising it immediately he followed the sound to its point of origin and was just about to step around the corner when he saw his 2IC kissing another man! Dr McKay to be exact! Ok, ok, so it was only a peck on the cheek but still ...

" That means you don't hate me, right?" he heard McKay yell in amazement. She grinned.

" Yeah. Too bad for you!"

" Why?"
* Yeah, good question, I wanna know the answer to that too! * Thought O'Neill.

" I was more attracted to you when I did!"

Both O'Neill and McKay stood gob smacked as she walked away. It took Jack a few moments to realise that she was heading right in his direction and he also noticed that he was crouching behind an arch in the corridor in order to eavesdrop on their conversation.

*Oops! Probably not a good idea for her to find me like this! * He thought as he began to hobble as quickly as he could in the opposite direction. But he wasn't fast enough.

" Colonel!" He smiled awkwardly.

" Major!" She grinned.

" It's good to have you back in one piece, Sir." She said. Suddenly her smile dropped. " Um, Sir, why were you crouched in the middle of the corridor?"
* Dammit! She noticed! Quick Jack, quick! Think of something ...*

" I was, um, tying my bootlace." * See? Just keep smiling. She'll never suspect a thing! ... Uh, oh! She's staring at me, this isn't good."

" Urm, yes Sir," she said, looking down at his feet for confirmation. It was untied. She placed her hands on her hips and a smug grin crept onto her face. She knew.
* Damn military-issue boots! * He silently cursed.

" ... So, I notice everyone's packing up." He said in a not-so-subtle attempt to change the subject. Her suspicious gaze lifted slightly. * Very smooth! * She thought.

" Um, yeah. Most of the scientists have gone the base is being cleared and McKay's gone back to Russia so I've got no reason to be here anymore, Sir. I don't where they're gonna send us all now that they've shut the SGC." She paused. " Do you have any plans, Sir?" He smiled.

" Ah yeah actually I have. I thought I'd like to command my own boat." She looked startled.

" The * Navy *, Colonel?!?" He chuckled.

" Relax Carter! I was thinking more along the lines of a * rowing * boat. I think I'll go up to my cabin for a while, do some fishing, have a barbeque, ..." Seeing the dreamy expression on her face at the idea of Northern Minnesota, he smiled and shoved his hands in his pockets before looking up and meeting her gaze. " ... wanna come with? I've got plenty of room." Genuinely surprised yet delighted by his offer, she considered her answer for a microsecond.

" Well Sir, if you don't mind -" She was cut off by the klaxons. O'Neill rolled his eyes as they spun on their heels and headed towards the control room.
* So close! * He winced. * So close! *

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Lene