Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Just what I've always wanted

by Leelu Dallas
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
justas

Just what I've always wanted

by Leelu Dallas

TITLE: Just what I've always wanted
AUTHOR: Leelu Dallas
EMAIL: spaceangel666@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: "Matter of Time"
SEASON / SEQUEL: Season 2
RATING: G
CONTENT WARNINGS: m/f
SUMMARY: Jack's thoughts during a briefing...
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: hey all! This is just a pretty short story that actually has no plot, but I felt like writing something kinda sweet! Tell me what you think (please?)!

She's talking again, thinking no doubt, and hypothesizing ideas that I couldn't even begin to grasp. We're all sitting here discussing with the General our last mission to some godforsaken planet. You know the ones: rocks, trees and more of that breed of really mind numbingly exciting substances. Carter as per usual, found... well... *some* alien mechanical-device-dohicky and got all excited.

I didn't even bother requesting an explanation. I can still remember the time I asked her about the 'wormhole' thing and to this date, I have no idea what she was on about. Admittedly though, it'd been worth it because I had ended up receiving one of those smiles - those brilliant Carter smiles, teeth and all! Her eyes lit up and she looked at me as if to check I wasn't going to pass out on her or something. Her perfect features highlighted by her gorgeous, shining blue eyes.

Her eyes are doing that now. That same excited look passes through them, except she's not smiling, just looking satisfied. Looking satisfied and talking *really* fast. Her lips are moving vigorously, trying to keep up with the massive amounts of information that her brain seems to endlessly churn out. When she does stop to listen to someone else, to ponder another earth shattering thought, or to simply take a humble breath, her pink lips sit precariously in anticipation on her face. She's radiating enthusiasm and probably quite unaware of it.

She's talking, and I'm not listening, but at the same time I am. I'm listening to the way she talks: her voice, her enunciated words, her accent. I could listen to her all day.

Her hand moves to brush away a strand of blond hair that delicately kisses her cheek. If only I could be that stray hair... Her long fingers tuck it neatly behind her ears. What beautiful hands, I think, and I start to daydream...

"Dismissed."

The General's voice breaks through the fragile barrier of my imaginary paradise. She elegantly stands up and I silently notice the long, slender torso of a finely tuned soldier, who is also very, VERY female. She's gathering her stuff together as everyone leaves and finally the room is void of all except for her and myself. She looks at me, concern etching her face.

"Sir, is everything okay?" "Everything's fine, Major. Why?" "Well, you didn't say very much, Sir, and I thought that maybe..." "You were doing such a fine job that I just couldn't interrupt you."

Silence ensues as she continues to look at me, but her face looks more amused than anything.

"You didn't understand any of it, did you, Sir?" she finally questions, a smile forming playfully at her lips. "Not a word," I tell her, and she breaks out into another landmark 'Carter-smile' and giggles slightly. I laugh with her as I realise that this is what I live for - I live to see her, to be with her, to talk to her, to see her smile and hear her laugh. It's something that I could never tell anyone though, least of all her, but that's okay. For now, this is alright, this is perfect, because Sam, you're just what I've always wanted.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Leelu Dallas

Heliopolis - The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Archive