Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Say Goodbye to the Past

by Lea SG1 FJM
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
SAY GOODBYE TO THE PAST

SAY GOODBYE TO THE PAST

by Lea Connor

TITLE: SAY GOODBYE TO THE PAST
AUTHOR: Lea Connor
EMAIL: leac@cwcom.net (my first attempt and a bit lame)
CATEGORY: Sam and Daniel
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: Series two
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: Romance
SUMMARY: Daniel has a problem Sam helps him sort it out.
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: They do not belong to me I am only using them for fun I am not making any money from this
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Sam had decided to go and see Daniel at his apartment, he had looked so tired after their last mission. She had become worried, she just wanted to make sure that he was okay, he was a friend after all.

Daniel was trying to relax, he was always tired lately no matter how much rest he had. There was definitely something wrong with him but he could not put his finger on it and it was beginning to drive him crazy. Daniel just wished he knew why he felt like this. There was a knock at his door, he stood up walked over and opened it. Standing there was Sam, she smiled at him. For some unknown reason he began to feel a bit better.

"Hey Daniel. I just came to see how you were. I was a bit worried. Hope you don't mind" Sam asked.

"It was nice of you to be concerned, sweet really. I'm just tired that's all. Come on in" he said.

She followed him into his apartment and they both sat down on the sofa.

"Are you sure you're okay? I mean it could be more than just being tired. Maybe you should speak to Dr Fraiser" Sam told him.

"Sam please don't fuss. I did speak to D Fraiser there is nothing physically wrong with me she thinks it is emotional." Daniel explained.

"Do you know what could be causing it?" Sam asked.

"Sam if I knew that I would be doing something about it."

"I am here if you need someone to talk to. I always will be you can call me anytime." Sam said.

Daniel looked over at her there was something in her voice, something he had never heard before. She looked so beautiful and she was so close. Daniel gave himself a mental shake. Where had that come from?

"Thanks Sam, I do appreciate it and if I need to talk I'll call okay?"

"You do that anytime day or night. I'll tell you what Daniel you go and get some sleep for a couple of hours and when you wake up I'll have dinner ready for us. That's if you don't mind the company?" She asked quietly.

"You can cook. Well aren't you full of surprises" he said smiling.

"You don't know how many" she told him seductively.

Daniel just stood there looking at her, she was flirting with him. Sam had never done that before.

"I think it's a great idea Sam and the company would be very welcome, especially yours" Daniel told her.

"Go and get some sleep" Sam said as she pushed him towards his room.

"See you in a couple of hours unless you want to join me" he said smiling.

"Go" she repeated.

Daniel went into his, he couldn't believe he actually said that and how much he wished he had said yes. He laid on his bed and closed his eyes and tries to relax, then he heard Sam moving around in the kitchen it felt so right and so comforting that before he knew it he was in a deep sleep.

Sam was beginning to sort out the food, she had found everything she needed. Sam could not believe she had been flirting with Daniel if she was not careful he would guess how she felt about him.

Daniel was asleep on his bed, the dream began turning around he saw Sha're standing there.

"Daniel" she said in a soft voice.

"Sha're" he whispered.

"My Daniel, or are you?" Sha're said.

"What do you mean? I'll find you and we'll be together."

"I know you will keep looking for me but do you still love me?"

"Of course I love you." Daniel shouted.

"You loved who I was and I loved who you were but we have both changed, like your feelings for someone you know has changed."

"But Sha're" Daniel said.

"Daniel I want you to be happy just like you would want me to be."

"I do still love you."

"You always will I am part of you but now it is time for you to move on" Sha're said and pointed behind him.

Daniel turned around and standing there was Sam dressed in a flowing white gown.

"Daniel" she said.

"Sam, what are you doing here?" He asked.

"You brought me here. You wanted me, you do don't you" Sam said as she walked forward and kissed him softly on the lips.

"Sam" he whispered.

Daniel turned and looked at Sha're.

"It's not your fault. We cannot help who we fall in love with" Sha're said she smiled and disappeared.

He felt a gentle hand on his shoulder. Daniel turned and went straight into Sam's embrace.

Sam had finished the cooking, the food was ready in a minute she would go and wake Daniel up. "I could get used to this," she thought. Walking over to the sofa she sat down, leaned back and closed her eyes and thought of Daniel. Life was so unfair. She had fallen head over heels in love with a man who spent all his time looking for his missing wife. But that never stopped her from daydreaming about them being together.

"What am I going to do?" she said to herself.

Sam slowly stood and walked over to Daniel's room. There he was laying on top of the covers. All she wanted to do was go over and join him and she Daniel how wonderful they would be together. Sam rubbed her forehead she knew that she wouldn't do that. Sam walked over to him she reached down to wake him when....

"Sam" he whispered.

She froze unable to believe what she had just heard. She shook him gently.

"Daniel" she said quietly.

Then before she knew it Daniel had grabbed hold of her and pulled her on top of him, then he rolled do her body was trapped beneath his.

"If only he were awake," she thought.

"He bent his head and kissed her, Sam tried not to respond she knew he was dreaming.

"Daniel" she said again but louder.

His eyes opened and he slowly began to realise their position they were in.

"Sam I'm so sorry" he said and tried to move.

They had got so tangled up in the sheets that they could hardly move and in the end all they did was roll of the bed and onto the floor more tangled then they had started off at. Sam looked down at him, she looked deeply into his blue eyes, oh how she loved his eyes she could drown in them. Sam began to feel a bit wicked, she knew she had nothing to lose she couldn't keep on going like this.

"Daniel I do love to be on top" she said huskily.

She moved her body ever so slightly against his and she heard him groan.

"Sam" he answered shakily.

"Was it good dream?" Sam asked.

"I dreamt about Sha're," he said.

She felt the mood disappear, she managed to untangle herself from the sheets and was just about to walk out.

"Sam?" Daniel said.

Sam turned and he was sitting on the bed.

"What?" she asked.

"Come here. We need to talk."

She walked over and sat beside him. He reached over and held his hand. They both felt the electricity that was between them.

"So what happened in your dream?" Sam asked not really wanting to know the answer.

"Sha're told me to get on with my life. We both have changed and will never be the same again," he said.

Sam felt her hopes rising.

"And" she prompted.

"That my feelings for someone close to me had changed and that was the emotional problem I was having. I felt like I was betraying Sha're."

"So what do you do now?" Sam asked.

"The main thing is Sam I'm falling in love with you. You're brave, beautiful and smart how could I not." He said looking deeply into her eyes.

"I love you to Daniel it was breaking my heart when I thought that you did not feel the same." She said softly.

"Well I'll have to change that won't I."

Daniel lowered her to the bed.

"What about dinner it's getting cold?"

"We'll reheat it, not unless we are going to quick and you want to stop?" he asked.

"Daniel Jackson if you stop I'll attack you. Are you sure?" She asked.

"Oh yes I am very sure. I've made my peace. I've managed to say goodbye to the past."

Then Daniel leaned forward and kissed her, which became passionate and the world outside had been completely forgotten.

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Lea Connor