Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Given Time

by Lady S
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Given Time

Given Time

by Lady S

TITLE: Given Time
AUTHOR: Lady S
BETA-READER: Angie
EMAIL: anywho_sew@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: Action; Mushy makeup feelings
SPOILERS: Shades of Grey
SEASON / SEQUEL: Sequel to My Guys and Falling
RATING: PG13
CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship
SUMMARY: The To'kra return with quite a surprise for Sam and SG-17
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Don't own a thing. Didn't make any money. Stinks, don't it?
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Okay... I know a lot of people don't like him... but I've decided to give the guy a break. This is the third in a series of 8-10 stories. Lem'me know if you wish for me to continue. Oh and for all you sticklers...I'm ignoring the show where Sam killed Martouf and pretty much everything after it.
Feedback: Yes. P'etty p'ease! I'll wuv you lot's 'n' lot's 'n' lot's!!

It wasn't that she had loved him for a long time. In fact it was quite recently that she realized how she felt about him. Only since he had helped her to find and save her men had she come to realize she could very well fall for a marine. The horror of it. Of course the Colonel wouldn't let her forget it. Everyday he had found a way to tease her about loving a Marine and a Colonel to boot! But even he had shut up on that awful day. Sam remembered it all too well. The day her friend, Colonel Jonathon Jack O'Neill, discovered that he was the one involved in the technology theft ring. He had wanted to break the news to her gently but be that as it may... there was just no way to do so. Sam ignored the whispers and the stares as she passed through the hallways. She had hoped that, given time, people would just forget. But that wasn't how it was going to be. Even now, six months later, people still talked.

Sam was making her way to the infirmary for her post mission medical when she passed by the room. The door had been left open just slightly by a careless airman too eager to get in on the game. Sam could hear them and was about to pass when she heard the next man speak.

"Are you kidding?!" he said. "I heard that he was only using her to get to the technology!"

"No, no, no! I heard that he really did love her but that he was too far into the ring to get out! He had to do it or they would have killed him!"

"Well I heard that he was just doing it to spite Colonel O'Neill!"

Sam wanted to leave but her feet wouldn't move. 'What other rumors are there?' she asked herself. 'What else are they saying about me?'

"You guys got it all wrong!" a fourth one interjected. "She only went out with him was to spy on him. The reason O'Neill had to go under cover was because she couldn't get anything out of him."

Sam had heard enough. Silently she opened the door fully and saw the four airmen playing cards. "You know what I heard...?" she said, her voice colder than a Goa-uld's heart. "I heard about these four airmen with so much time on their hands that they volunteered to clean every bathroom in the SGC until it shines!"

Having the decency to look ashamed the four men filed out to do their punishment. Sam closed the door behind her and continued on to the infirmary. By the time she was seated on the gurney Sam was unable to hide her tears any longer. Janet pulled back the curtain later to find her curled into a fetal position, crying.

"My God! Sam! What's wrong!?"

Seeing that she had caught the attention of the nurses Janet pulled the curtain shut and softly stroked Sam's back.

"Sam... honey it's okay." Janet soothed. "I know he hurt you and I know you don't want to show it but..." she was silenced by a look from Sam.

"I hate him!" she said with all the venom she could muster

"No you don't Sam. You wish you did but you can't."

"How...?" Sam asked softly.

"'Cause I went through the same thing with my ex-husband. I wanted to hate him so much for hurting me but I couldn't. Still can't."

Sam sat up and flung her hands around Janet's neck. "I miss him so much!" she sobbed. They stayed, hugging, for a few moments until Sam heard her men enter the room. Swiping at her tears she splashed some water on her face from the bedside pitcher while Janet went out to field them to other nurses for their physicals while she went back in to do Sam's. As soon as Janet had finished Sam was up off the gurney and out into the hallway towards the showers. Watching her leave Janet couldn't help but wonder when the anger was going to hit. She still remembered finding Sam, after a week of downtime, curled up in her bed, un-showered, un-fed, and dehydrated. It had taken her three days to get back to normal physically and another week to be able to make an appearance on base. Shaking her head Janet hoped she would have enough sense to stay alive on her missions.

'I've called you all in here today because this is something I think you should hear from me.' General Hammond began, his solemn face hanging before her. 'A week ago Colonel Robert Makepeace was discovered missing from his prison cell.'

Sam opened her eyes and sat up, her heart pounding in her chest. Every night since that meeting she had relived the nightmare over and over, the words ringing in her ears. Tonight was no different. Well... one difference. This time she was in a cell with Colonel O'Neill waiting for whatever System Lord they had crossed paths with to decide what form of torture he would use on them. At least Daniel and Teal'c had gotten out to safety before the door had come crashing down. Crossing the room she again set to work trying to decipher the locking mechanism.

"Any luck there, Carter?"

"No sir. I can't seem to figure this thing out. It presents a solution and yet that solution won't work. I'll need some more time."

"Sorry Carter. Time is the one thing we're all out of."

As he finished his thought the door rose and four Jaffa entered. Dragging the two occupants from the cell they were brought before the System Lord. Thrown to their knees their hands and feet were bound tightly.

"Foolish Tau'ri!" he yelled. "Who do you think you are to try my patience? For your insolence you will die... after I have had my fun!"

Motioning to one of the Jaffa Sam was brought before the Goa-uld. He raised his ribbon and began to drain the memories and life from Sam leaving Jack to futilely attempt to help her. Almost as quickly as he had begun he stopped and regarded her with a sneer.

"No... You I shall not kill. You shall live out the rest of your life with the knowledge of what this... marine has done to you, pitiful female."

Sam's anger blazed. Snapping the bonds that held her wrists together she broke the nearest Jaffa's neck and, grabbing his staff weapon shot the System Lord. As the host died the snake left the body in a desperate search of another host. As it made it's way toward Jack, who was unable to defend himself against it, Sam pulled a knife from her boot and stabbed it, killing it less than a foot from it's victim.

"Look out!!" Jack warned as two Jaffa made their way to Sam.

Turning she kicked out the legs of the nearest Jaffa from under him while sending her knife hurtling toward the others pouch. It found its mark, killing both Jaffa and snake.

"X marks the spot!" she grinned sadistically.

A scuffle in the door distracted her long enough for the Jaffa to deliver a blow to her temple, sending her flying across the room. Pausing enough to see that it was Teal'c causing the disturbance Sam resumed her fight against the Jaffa. Her head spinning from the blow Sam barely avoided the Jaffa a second time. Recovering she matched him blow by blow, her anger at Makepeace channeled into her fighting skills. By the time the rescue party had Jack on the way to safety Sam had killed the Jaffa and was running, full speed, out toward the gate. Hearing the clanking of metal armor behind her from an approaching band of Jaffa Sam knew that were she to fall she would be dead. The gate came into view and Sam picked up her pace as the Jaffa began to fire on her, trying to shoot her down before she could reach the gate. Still open from the last party Sam dove through the even horizon and tumbled out of the gate on the other side, her head hitting the metal grating as she rolled to the end. With blood spilling from her head-wound all over her clothes Sam stood, shakily, to see her father and another To'kra helping Jack, who was wearing an unreadable statement, to stand. Jacob started when he saw the blood covering Sam. He moved to help her but she shook her head telling him to stay with Jack, a move she instantly regretted as the pain flared up behind her eyes. Unable to stand freely she steadied herself on the handrail of the ramp, her back to the door. Janet rushed into the gate room and, seeing Jack being supported and Sam standing freely on her own, opted to help Jack first. Sam's legs gave out from under her as Janet helped Jack onto the gurney. The person nearest Sam grabbed her before she could hit the ground. Sam, her eyes glazed over with pain, looked up into the face of the person who had caught her. She knew it was a To'kra from the moment they had touched. It was the host she was unprepared to see. There, holding her as he had so many times before, was Robert Makepeace... traitor in so many ways. Sam tried to push herself away but found she had no strength left to do so. Refusing to show any weakness Sam fought to stay conscious while waiting for her father to finish making his way to her. Sam focused her thoughts on getting him there faster and, as though, hearing her will, Jacob ran the last few steps to her side. Removing her from Robert's arms he heard her whisper...

"Take me home."

As soon as the words passed her lips Sam blacked out, her figure slackening in Jacobs arms. Picking her up as one would a small child he ran to the infirmary. When he had laid her on the gurney Janet ordered him out, immediately realizing her mistake.

Daniel, Teal'c, Hammond, Jacob, and Makepeace were standing in the hallway outside the infirmary, pacing and praying that the two would be okay. All five turned at the sound of the doors swinging open to see Jack standing before them looking tired and worried.

"Carter's unconscious. Janet is still working on her." He said to the four men before grabbing the fifth.

Slamming Robert Makepeace into the wall Jack pounded him mercilessly. "Bastard! You've got some nerve showing your face here after what you did!!"

The four onlookers had recovered from their initial shock and were attempting to pry Robert's neck from Jack's grasp. Intent on doing further damage to his victim Jack fought against them, continuing to pummel Robert's face and chest. It was a few moments before Teal'c and Jacob was able to pull Jack away. Glaring in disbelief at Teal'c and Jacob Jack shifted his abuse into verbal mode.

"Who the hell do you think you are? You have no right coming back here after everything you did to h... us. Stay away from SG-1 or so help me I'll kill you!"

"Colonel...!" Hammond barked.

"And YOU!!" Jack continued turning to Jacob and Teal'c. "You are supposed to be her friends! Why did you bring him back!? She's your dau..."

Jacob stopped any further tirade by punching Jacks face. "Enough!" he yelled. "Now shut up and listen to the mans story."

Jacks glare of anger turned to one of disbelief as he looked at Roberts face. The cuts, bruises, and open gashes Jack had just placed there were closing before his eyes.

"What the...?!!"

Robert massaged his broken jaw, his symbiont healing it even as he, quite painfully, began to speak. "I know I've done a lot I should probably apologize for. But there's only one that I wish to whatever God there is that I could undo. I never meant to fall in love with Sam. God knows I tried damn hard not to. I knew what was coming but I couldn't stop. I hurt her... I know that. Oh God, do I know that!" His last sentence was spoken so low Jack almost missed it. "I was under orders to infiltrate and expose just like you were Jack! The only difference was my orders came from the To'kra Council instead of the General!"

Jack looked to Jacob, who nodded his affirmation.

"We, with the help of the Asguard, removed him from his cell about a week after he got there. Robert gave up everything to help us, his home, his job, and yes... the woman he loves."

"No matter what you may think of me Jack... I'm not a bad guy, just had to pretend for a little while. Un-like you, mine went on a little longer. I know that I hurt Sam... God do I know that! I will do whatever it takes to show her how sorry I am and how much I still love her. I will make this right somehow. Even if it means never showing my face here again."

"So you're a..."

"Yes...I'm a To'kra. We were in a battle when Martouf was injured. It was much too bad for anything to be done and there was no way to get a new host to him in time. I became host to Lantesh."

While Jack tried to sort all of this out in his head Janet, who had heard most of the conversation, turned to see Sam, her face contorted in pain, standing up from the gurney.

"Sam! Lie down!" she cried.

Her cry alerted the men in the hallway and they stormed into the infirmary to see Janet holding Sam by the arm.

"Lem'me go...!" she said brushing Janet's hand off her arm. "...'m f'ne!"

"Sam... you can't even form your words! Get back on that gurney!"

Sam closed her eyes and swallowed. "I'm fine Janet. Let me go." She said, clearly enunciating each word.

"You've got a concussion! You need rest!"

"I'll sleep at home!"

"I'm afraid that's not possible Major. Both you and O'Neill are restricted to the base for seventy-to hours." Hammond informed her.

"Sir... with all due respect... I'm fine."

"I'm sure you are major. However you have been held prisoner by a Goa-uld System Lord. Call it an extra measure of security. It's an order Major. You can spend he time here in the infirmary, in a cell, or in your quarters. It's up to you."

Seeing that this was a loosing battle Sam steadied herself on the edge of the gurney before letting go of it's solidity and making her way to the door. Shrugging off all the hands that reached out to help her Sam headed to her quarters. She had almost reached her bed when the pain exploded replacing the white-hot pokers behind her eyes with full-blown convulsions that wracked her body. Collapsing to the floor Sam was oblivious to the different people pounding on her door over the next two days.

The room was eerily quiet. A soft, rasping, noise could be heard from the unconscious woman lying on the floor. Unknown to the outside world just how close to death she was they left her alone, unable to get past the lock on the door.

Hammond looked up from his papers when the door to his office opened without invitation. Jacob entered and began a detailed search of the office.

"Jacob...what are you doing?"

"Looking for the surveillance set."

"What surv...?"

"Don't mess with me George. I know how these old silo's were built." Jacob stopped and looked at his friend. "I just need to know that she's all right. Please."

Sighing George opened a chest to the left of his desk revealing a small screen depicting several areas of the base. Punching a few buttons and turning a few knobs George eventually found what he was looking for. Together they scanned the room looking for its occupant.

"Where in the hell is she?" George said.

"Hold it! There, in the corner. What is that?"

Both men leaned in closer to see a small white hand in he corner of the screen- unmoving and deathly still. Dashing out of the room Jacob and George raced through the hallways to Sam's quarters. Not bothering with the key Jacob zat-ed the door and kicked it open. Scooping his daughter up in his arms Jacob fled the room toward the infirmary. Seeing the older men racing through the halls carrying Sam word spread like wildfire until all of SG-1 had been located and were running for their team-mate. It wasn't long until the six men, Jacob, George, SG-1, and Makepeace, were pacing the hallway outside of the infirmary.

"I should'a checked on her. I should'a made her open the door!" Jack chastised himself as he paced.

"Son... that blame is mine and mine alone." Hammond said placing a hand on Jack's shoulder.

"We're all to blame on this one. We knew she was hurting and we left her alone." Daniel, the everlasting peacekeeper, said. "No one person gets this one."

As he finished speaking Janet came out of the infirmary and all eyes turned to her.

"Sam's in a coma. From the looks of it I'd say she went in as son as she left here. There are bruises that indicate she may have ... may have had...'scuse me...!" Turning her head Janet burst into tears, loosing what little control she had to begin with. Daniel wrapped his arms around her, comforting her until she had regained her calm. "The bruises indicate that she suffered from convulsions just before collapsing onto the floor. She's breathing with the help of a mask. I don't know how much longer we can keep her alive. Oh god! I did this to her! I let her go! I was the one..."

"Janet stop it! You couldn't have known!" Daniel said looking into her eyes. "There was no way you could have known!"

"Isn't there anything you can do?!" Jack asked.

Janet shook her head. "There's nothing more I can do!"

Makepeace burst into the conversation. "What about the healing ribbon?"

Jacob shook his head. "We don't have one."

"We do! I mean the SGC does! Sam has one from Cimeria that she keeps in a safe!"

"Yes! That may work!"

The healing ribbon was brought to Jacob and he placed it on his hand standing over Sam. Focusing he tried several times but couldn't get it to work. Selmak took over and faced the crowd.

"I am afraid that neither Jacob nor I are able to concentrate to help Samantha. He is too... emotionally distraught... to properly function the ribbon. Lantesh you must attempt to heal her."

Nodding Robert took the ribbon from Jacob and stood next to Sam. Closing his eyes he concentrated on healing the woman he loved, knowing that he was her only hope. The crowd of friends and family prayed that it would work. After almost ten minutes had passed Jacob and Selmak began to worry over Robert and Lantesh. They both knew, from personal experience how draining it was to use the healing ribbon. To last as long as Robert and Lantesh had was a true sign of their strength. Another fifteen minutes went by and his hands were shaking from the exhaustive pressure. Finally, after almost half an hour of working with the ribbon, he collapsed to the ground neither he nor Lantesh able to continue. Pulling him to another room of the infirmary they allowed him to rest while keeping an ever-watchful eye on Sam.

"Chevron Six encoded... chevron six locked in place."

Jacob stood against the wall, his arm flung over the shoulders of his only daughter. Leaning his head down to hers he whispered, "I'm glad you're still around to come with us Sammie!" It had been a close call... too close for his, and a lot of others, comfort.

"Dad... I'm fine now. Thank you for saving my life... again!"

"T'weren't me Sam."

"What do you mean?"

"It was Robert. I couldn't focus 'cause I was too worried."

Jacob felt Sam tense in his arms. He knew how deeply Robert had hurt her but he also knew that her love for him ran deeper than the pain did. Given time... she'd realize that too. He was hoping that this mission would help the both to them to make peace, no pun intended, between them. Seeing George approach Jacob left his place against the wall to speak to him. Sam stayed where she was her mind running in fifteen different places at once.

'Robert saved my life. It wasn't Dad... it was him. My god! What do I do now? I can't forgive him! It hurts too much to even think about him! Oh why didn't he just let me die!?'

"George it was great seeing you again. Take care."

"You too Jacob. You too..." Looking out over the group o men and women throughout the gate room he called out to all of them. "Ladies and gentlemen you have a go!"

Making sure Daniel was in front of her Sam headed up the ramp. Stepping through the event horizon she soon found herself on a planet similar to the rainforests of South America. Splitting onto four teams every one took a direction and keeping in contact via the radio. Sam, Daniel, Jacob, and Robert headed north to investigate a thick patch of forest. They had received a report of a new System Lord and wanted to cut him down before he could fully become a threat. Making good time through the forest the quartet was surprised to suddenly find themselves in a clearing. In the center, displayed as if for show, was the device they had received a signal from. Not trusting it Jacob motioned for everyone to take cover and wait while Robert checked it out.

"What do you make of it Lantesh?"

Sam didn't hear the reply as her mind had suddenly gone haywire. 'Lantesh!!' Sam looked at Robert, a dizzy sick feeling sweeping over her. Quietly she made her way over to Daniel.

"What is going on here? Why did Dad call Robert Lantesh? Daniel what's going on?"

"I thought you knew Sam... Martouf was wounded. Robert became host to Lantesh to save his life."

Sam's reply was cut short by a staff blast that flew over their heads hitting the dirt next to Jacob's feet. The two men dove for cover and Sam scanned the surroundings for the attackers. Unable to see them she kept all of her senses in overdrive while continuing her search. Catching a glimpse of the metal armor Sam took a chance and fired a shot. She was rewarded with a dead Jaffa as her shot found its mark. She was about to fire again when she saw Daniel crawl out from his cover followed by the business end of a staff weapon. Sam saw Jacob and Martouf doing the same. Turning in her spot Sam came face to face with a staff weapon. Before she could form a conscious thought the Jaffa hit her with his weapon sending her reeling into the clearing. Landing at Jacob's feet Sam tried to get to her feet before the Jaffa could reach her. Not moving quickly enough the Jaffa grabbed her by the neck and brought her to her feet. The four prisoners were quickly marched through the forests to a pyramid that was being constructed in another clearing. Sam, knowing that she had to get a signal to the other teams, made pretend that she had tripped using the movement to mask her turning on the radio. Hoping that it had been enough Sam recovered and kept on walking.

In no time at all they were brought before the systems lord and sent sprawling to their knees. The System Lord watched them from his throne. He recognized Daniel and Sam almost immediately.

"The infamous SG-1. How kind of you to present yourselves as my gift offering. Tell me Samantha Carter... where is your precious O'Neill to save you now?"

Sam knew better than to respond. She simply glared at him in silence.

"Your silence does nothing. You will scream soon enough. I have special plans for you. Your beauty is known throughout the System Lords. You shall become my wife and I shall be the envy of all others. That is... once you have been properly trained."

Grabbing her he forced his mouth upon hers. Sam bit down with all her might and removed a chunk of his lip. Throwing her back to the floor the system lord put his hand to his lips.

"Throw them in the pit! I'll deal with them later." he yelled as he climbed into the sarcophagus, swearing revenge upon the female who had wounded him.

The quartet of prisoners was taken to a hole in the floor covered by a metal grating. The Jaffa opened the grating and pushed them in one by one before closing it. Sam, treading in the water, looked around to get her bearings. Three slabs protruded from the wall offering three seats for the prisoners. Making sure Daniel, whose shoulder had been wounded in the scuffle, had a seat out of the water Sam ordered her father to take the second. Turning to face the last slab she realized with a start that there was one seat and two people left over. As she opened her mouth to tell Robert to take the last seat a shriek echoed from the far corner of the pit followed by a splash.

"Lookout!" Daniel yelled pointing to a fin as is sliced through the murky water, to use the word loosely.

Robert jumped for the slab as it passed under him. Sam tried to shoot the creature but found that her gun had become waterlogged. Using the butt end of it she rammed the creatures head, stunning it enough for Sam to grab hold of the wall and pull herself up. Finding herself slipping back towards the water, and the creature, below she dropped her gun to find another handhold only to discover that there wasn't one. Struggling to stay out of the water Sam soon found that she was loosing her battle. Unable to stay up high she began scrambling to find other handholds. Sam lost what little she had to hold on to and fell towards the water. At the last moment a pair of strong hands pulled her to safety and Sam found herself sitting on Robert's lap, the only place for her to go. Unwilling to relax Sam remained stiff and upright as log as she could before sleep finally took over.

Cradling her in his arms Robert looked down upon the face of the woman he loved.

//My god she's beautiful!//

/Yes she is. Samantha is as beautiful as Jolinar was./

//She hates me! I don't blame her. I was a bastard to have left her like that!//

/Remember what Jacob said. She does love you but you must give her time./

//I'll do whatever it takes. I just hope he's right. Oh god do I hope he's right!//

Robert allowed himself to relax to the rhythm of Sam's beating heart. Watching her sleep he memorized every inch of her face, knowing he might never get the chance again.

As Sam slept she dreamed of the first time she had allowed herself to think of Robert with the mind and heart of a woman in love. They had all gone to the amusement park, SG-1, Janet, and Robert. While they had opted for the rides, trying to give Teal'c a true park experience, Sam and Robert chose the paddleboats. Sailing the lake Sam had come to fully realize how much she was in love with this Marine.

Suddenly her dream shifted to an all to well-known nightmare. The day he had killed her heart. Robert looked down at Sam as her face twisted in pain from her nightmare. Concerned he bushed the hair from her eyes. Shifting in his arms Sam cried out softly "Robbie!" With one word she pierced his heart. The raw emotion behind it was so powerful Lantesh had to remind him to breathe. With one word she told him everything he had done to her over the last year or so.

Shaking her head Sam awoke and looked up to See Robert's face a few inches from her own. He looked at her trying to convey his pain, sorrow, and love through his eyes. Sam saw his feelings but before she could say anything the door of the cell was flung open.

"Well good morning Campers! Ready to get home? Or do we get to go swimming too?"

Never in her life had Sam been so happy, and yet so disappointed, to see her CO. Knowing Daniel needed help she made sure he was taken up first. After him Jacob was next. When the rope lowered a third time Robert and Sam looked at each other unsure of how to proceed. With an air of command Sam tied the rope around his midriff. Just before he was raised she whispered, "We need to talk." Robert squeezed her hand and began his assent. From the corner of his eye he saw the creature slip into the water and seconds later drag Sam down with it.

"Carter!" "Sam" Both men yelled.

Reaching for his knife Robert cut the rope that bound him and dove into the water after Sam. Searching blindly he was about to resurface for air when his hand brushed by her pant leg. Following it down until he reached the creature Robert plunged the knife deep into its head forcing it to release its hold on Sam's leg. Pulling her to the surface Robert held onto the rope and his love while Jack pulled them up and out. Laying Sam on the ground they found that she wasn't breathing. Jack began resuscitation and after a few angst filled moments she was breathing on her own. Knowing it wouldn't be long until they were discovered Jack ordered the group to head out. Darting in and out of doorways and hallways the rescuers, and rescuee's, made their way to the gate room only to find it surrounded by a dozen Jaffa, all fully armed.

"Oh this is great! Just great!" Jack cried. Pulling a grenade from his vest he pulled the pin and was about to throw it when Sam stopped him.

"I have a better idea."

Motioning for the other two females to follow her Sam led them into another room they had passed earlier. A few moments later they emerged, wearing the clothes of a servant girl (that did little to hide their femininity), carrying trays of food and drink. Passing the hidden group of men the three women made their way to the Jaffa. As Sam rounded the corner she put her mind past the pain and did her best to hide her limp from the wounded, bloody, leg while the low-riding skirt hid the visual evidence.

"Our Lord wishes for you to eat as reward for your work." Post-ina, the female To'kra said in perfect Goa-uld.

The Jaffa took her into his arms and, with an evil grin, pawed at her forcing her into submission. Two others followed suit grabbing Sam and the third woman while those that were left grinned in anticipation. Their attention effectively diverted the men snuck up behind and, one by one, took out the seven Jaffa leaving only those that held the women.

"That's not very nice ya'know!" Daniel chastised to get their attention.

Glancing up in surprise and anger the three Jaffa soon realized that they were out numbered and outgunned.

"Step away from the ladies!" Jack ordered.

In no time at all they were zat-ed and set aside while Post-ina dialed out. Using the new planet as a point of reference they dialed earth and were soon safe and sound in the SGC. Hammond welcomed them home with relief and joy that only a father and friend could display.

"Welcome home people... welcome home!" he said shaking hands and thumping backs. "Let's get you taken care of!"

Sam was lying in the tub, her injured leg slung over the side, letting the hot water seep into her bones in a blissful state of semi-consciousness. Her father had driven her home and she could still hear him puttering around in the kitchen. He had opted to return with her to 'get re-acquainted with his little girl', but Sam knew he was just using it as an excuse to keep an eye on her. No matter how many time she told him she was fine he refused to believe her, replaying the time, not so long ago, that he had almost lost her. A knock on the door roused her from her slumber.

"Sweetheart there's someone here to see you."

Sam pulled herself from the water and was into her robe before she fully realized who it was. She paused with her hand on the doorknob, not sure if she was ready to do this. Gathering her strength Sam opened the door, stepped into the hallway and came face to face with...

"Colonel!" she exclaimed. "I thought... I mean..."

"Relax Carter." he said holding up his hands to silence her. "I'm just here to get Dad. He's in the living room."

Sam craned her neck and saw a pair of legs, legs she knew all too well, stretched out under her coffee table as only one man could. Taking a deep breath Sam walked out into the living room.

"Hi Robert."

Lady S