Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Line

by Lady S
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Line

by Lady S

TITLE: Line
AUTHOR: Lady S
EMAIL: anywho_sew@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: None
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: Sequel to "Hook..." "And Sinker" yet to come
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: None
SUMMARY: Sam's been taken.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is the sequel to "Hook..." a very non-whumping piece. Let the whumping begin!!!!!!

A woman laid, hands bound behind her back, on a cold cement floor; her eyes covered and her mouth gagged. Conscious she kept a keen ear out for anything that could help her to get out however as she was bound in handcuffs she knew there was no way to get out. She was trapped.

'Oh man!' she groaned, thinking to herself. 'Where am I? What happened? I was at the club... Daniel and Ja... the Colonel showed up. Janet left with Daniel, we went to a diner for coffee and ... oh... right... drugs. How in the hell could he think I was on drugs!!!? Save that for later Carter. Focus on what happened. Okay... I got mad. I left. Walking... then what? I think... someone grabbed me from behind. We fought... they won. Shit!'

Hours passed and she tried to move around, still working futilely to get free. As she almost had her hands in front she heard the door open and heard someone step in, their footfall heavy as though wearing combat boots. Another set of steps followed it; softer this time as though it's wearer was a smaller person in normal shoes, loafers perhaps. Roughly she was pulled to her feet and shoved into a chair. After a few moments and a hushed conversation the blindfold was ripped from her face and she blinked in the brightness of the light attacking her eyes.

"You are a hard woman to find Major Carter. You hardly ever leave the base."

Sam strained to recognize the voice while she tried to figure out what they wanted. Remaining silent she waited for them to make the first move.

"My boss wasn't too happy that it took this long to get to you. No matter now. Shall we begin? What planet was Jolinar from?"

Sam remained silent. She remembered now whose voice it was. His name was Peter McHarlend... Maybourne's assistant. His had been the softer steps leaving Sam to wonder whose had been the harder ones.

"Answer me Major. You won't like it if you don't." Sam stayed still, not uttering a sound. "Very well then. Go to Lieutenant."

Sam heard the soft footfall as he left the room, the door shutting behind him. The heavier footsteps approached her, stopping directly in front of where she was seated. Sam heard the tell tale sound of knuckles cracking in anticipation before she felt the first blow to her ribs.

Daniel stood at the counter of his kitchen pouring coffee into the mugs, refilling the emptiness with the piping hot drink he loved so well. Setting the pot back into the machine he picked up the mugs and turned back to the woman who had his undivided attention.

"So you knew?"

"Yeah. Sam was listening outside the office when you two were discussing it." Janet laughed. "You should have seen her face when I caught her! It was priceless!"

Laughing Daniel ignored the phone as it rang, letting the machine pick it up. With half an ear he heard his voice. When he heard the caller's voice, however, it got his full attention.

"Thanks for calling. I can't get to the phone so leave me a message and I'll get back to you."

"GODDAMMIT DANIEL, PICK UP THE FUCKING PHONE!!!!!"

Daniel jumped up from his spot on the couch and grabbed the phone from its base, a loud squeal echoing through the room until he managed to press the stop button on the answering machine.

"Jack?! What is it!? What's wrong!?"

"It's Sam. She's been kidnapped. Get to the base now! I'm almost there."

Before Daniel could reply Jack had hung up the phone. Putting his receiver down he turned to Janet, a look of utter shock on his face.

"What is it, Daniel? What's happened?"

"It's Sam... she's been kidnapped."

"Oh my god!" Janet gasped.

Storming into his quarters Jack stripped o his clothes and donned a more practical t-shirt and pants before grabbing his gun and racing to the debriefing room. There he found General Hammond and Teal'c waiting for him as well as a few other SG team leaders.

"Have a seat Colonel. I've already alerted the sentries to keep an eye out for anything unusual and we'll begin a search of the city soon. First we need to know exactly what happened."

Jack sighed and ran a hand over his face in frustration. "We were at a club, I'm not sure which one. Janet was tired so Danny took her home so I told Carter I'd drop her off at home when she was ready. We stopped for a quick cup of coffee at a diner. I... we...*sigh* we had a fight and she left."

"Fight? Over what?" Hammond inquired.

"..."

"A misunderstanding, General." Janet said as she seated herself next to Jack. "Just a misunderstanding."

Hammond accepted it for now, making a mental note t get the truth later, and nodded for Jack to continue.

"Carter went outside and walked away from the diner. By the time I had caught up to her she was fighting the guys off. They clubbed her with a pipe or something and took off with her in the back of their van."

"What kind of van was it?"

"Black. A dodge I think. Side sliding door, no rear windows. They took off before I could get a full plate. All I got was U44. Colorado plates."

"All right, get a make on anything that matches and then get me the addresses to match." One of the men left the room. "I want a systematic search of all the area in within a five mile radius of the diner and the club. Hawkins... your team will take the club while Smith's team will start at the diner." The two men nodded and left the room to begin, already talking amongst themselves of a search plan. "Rillette, I want you're men to work with the police and search the city." The fourth man departed from the room, leaving SG-1, Janet, and Hammond alone.

George faced Jack, a serious and fatherly look forming on his face. "All right. What was the misunderstanding about?"

The three people involved with this part of the fiasco glanced at one another. Janet spoke first.

"Sam wanted to go dancing tonight, Sir. Every once in a while her feet itch and she needs to satisfy them." She saw Teal'c race his eyebrow and cut him of at the pass. "It mans that she really wanted to go dancing Teal'c. It's a euphemism." Teal'c nodded in understanding. "Ja... the Colonel over heard her say she needed a "fix"...."

"Which he then misinterpreted to mean... something else," Daniel interjected.

"When I confronted her about it she got mad that I would even think such a thing and stormed out. I... I was only trying to... Dammit! What a shitty thing to do! How could I think that Sam'd do drugs! Stupid son-of-a-bitch!"

"Jack!" Daniel interrupted. "You didn't know and you were worried!"

"Daniel Jackson is correct O'Neil. You were looking out for a friend's welfare. You acted as you thought best. Major Carter will see that as we do now."

"If we get her back."

Hammond looked at Jack and the rest of the group.

"We will find her, people. We will find her."

"Enough."

The fists stopped and Sam took inventory of her body. At least three ribs were broken and several more were bruised. Her left arm was useless, she couldn't even feel it anymore, and she could feel the blood running down her face.

"Are you ready to tell us what we want to know?"

"My name is Samantha Carter." She rasped. "My ID is DRA 19382."

The man sighed. "Tell us of Jolinar. Where did she come from?"

"Samantha Carter. DRA 19..."

Sam was knocked to the floor with a massive punch to her head.

"That's not what I asked for, Major." Sam heard him sigh. "Put her on the poles. Let her try that for a while. Maybe then she'll feel more like talking."

The door slammed shut as McHarlend left the room again. Her tormenter undid the cuffs on her hands and replaced them with a thin cord that bit into her wrists and ankles. Before she knew what was happening Sam was stood upright on the floor, her hands and feet attached to two poles, one on the left and one on the right, by more of the cord. The man who had been tormenting her all night stood before her, an evil leer donning his face and eyes, and ripped the silver blue dress from her body leaving her with only a pair of panties for protection against the freezing cold of the basement. As he walked away from her, toward the lever, Sam thought she was going to simply be left to stand. Little did she know. Moments later she felt her arms and legs being tugged in opposite directions until she was stretched out above the ground. Suspended several feet off the ground, her body pulled in two ways at once into the shape of a 'V', Sam could feel the muscles all along her body screaming from the pain until she blacked out, unable to continue.

Sam awoke as the water crashed onto her face and seeped into her wounds. She could feel the pain from being stretched out as she was still suspended in mid air. Straining her ears Sam heard someone pacing the room while another stood at her side.

"Why is it that you people are so damn stubborn?" McHarlend asked, his voice as cold as a Goa-uld's heart. "All I want is some information. Answers about a creature that you didn't even like, one that invaded you. We're on the same side here Major. Help me to help you. Together we can get rid of these fucking Goa'uld! Tell me what I need to know."

Sam raised her head as best as she was able. "Sam Carter. DRA 19382. USAF."

Peter McHarlend sighed. "Very well. You force me to do this." Picking up a receiver he dialed several numbers and waited for a moment before speaking. "General Hammond. This call is untraceable so don't even try. I have Sam Carter. If you want her back... you'll do as I say."

"But..."

"No buts Colonel! We will find her!"

Before anyone could speak the phone rang. Picking it up Hammond listened to the person on the other line for a moment before putting him on speakerphone.

"...want her back... you'll do as I say."

"How do we know she's safe?"

"She's not."

"Let us speak with her."

"I want everything you know about the Goa'uld and the Tok'ra in my hands in two hours. For every fifteen minutes that it's not there your major will earn herself a bullet hole."

"I need to know she's alive."

"She is... for now. All though I must say she is rather uncomfortable at the moment. She's enduring it rather well though. Only blacked out once."

"DAMN YOU! SON-OF-A-BITCH!!!" Jack yelled.

"Why hello there Colonel O'Neill. What a pleasant surprise!"

Hammond put out a hand to stop jack from yelling any more threats and obscenities. "Lets me speak with her to know she's alive."

"Very well."

A moment later the group could hear the labored breathing as the phone was put to Sam's ear.

"Major? All you all right?"

"Mike. Alpha. Yankee. Br..." A shot rang out. "...FUCK YOU!!!!"

Sam's scream echoed through the room, chilling the blood of all that were listening.

"That was not a smart thing to do major." They heard as the man admonished Sam. "A brave attempt, but all together useless. You have two hours General. I suggest you hurry."

The silence of the room was deafening until the whine of a free line sounded from the speaker.

"What was Major Carter trying to say?" Teal'c asked.

"Who's Mike?"

"Not a who, a what." Janet answered.

"Mike, Alpha, Yankee. Military code. M, A, Y. What was it supposed to be?" Hammond mused out loud.

"It almost sounded like a Bravo at the end." Janet said.

"M, A, Y, B...?"

"MAYBOURNE!!" Jack yelled.

"He wouldn't dare!" Janet gasped.

A steely look overcame any concern in the General's face. "Let's go."

Quickly the quintet strode out of the SGC and, after a tense ride, soon entered Maybourne's offices. The secretary glanced up sharply as the door slammed into the wall behind it, thrust open by a man she knew only by reputation.

"Col... Colonel O'Neill! What are you doing here?" Ignoring her Jack stormed to the door to her left. "Sir! You can't go in there! Colonel...!"

"Be silent." Teal'c admonished the woman; she was wise enough to do as he told her.

Throwing open the door Jack stood face to face with Maybourne, who was on his way out to investigate the ruckus.

"What the...?"

"Shut the hell up and start talking!"

In spite of himself Daniel felt a small smile appear and slip right back off again.

"Where's Sam?" Jack yelled.

"I don't know what you're talking about!"

Pulling his gun from its holster Jack pointed it at Maybourne's face.

"You son-of-a..."

"Jack stop!" Daniel cried. "Killing him won't bring us any closer to Sam!"

"Where is she!?" Jack yelled; his finger sat, unmoving, over the trigger.

"I'm telling you I don't know!"

"You expect us to believe that you had nothing to do with her kidnapping?" Daniel queried, his voice plainly telling him that his statement went un-believed.

Sighing Maybourne sat in his chair. "I knew of the kidnapping, yes. But I don't know exactly where she is."

"Then give us an estimate, buddy, or I'll blow your head off."

"A club. She's at some club. He didn't tell me which one."

"Who?"

"McHarlend. Peter McHarlend."

Jack re-holstered his gun and faced Maybourne. "You crossed the line this time pal."

With all his frustration in one blow, Jack punched Maybourne sending him flying to the wall and landing in a heap on the floor.

The End of the Line
*groan*
Okay I know... that was a bad joke.
Stay tuned for the Sinker!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Lady S