Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Final Words

by Lady S
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Final Words

Final Words

by Lady S

Title:Final Words
Author:Lady S
Email:selizaw@juno.com
Status: Complete
Category:Sam/Jack ; Hurt/Comfort
Spoilers:A Hundred Days
Season/Sequel info:None
Rating:PG
Content Warnings:Character Death
Summary:Final words to fear friends
Disclaimer:Standard- Don't own it... someone else does. Ah well!
Author's Notes:Okay!! I'm sorry!! I swore I'd never do this!! God knows I hate reading it!! But this has been itching around in my head and wouldn't leave me alone!! Please let me know what you think but I beg you... NO FLAMES!! My fragile confidence couldn't handle it!! I'm so sorry!!

"Daniel, dial us home."

Nodding Daniel approached the DHD. As he entered the signal his mind kept drifting to Sam. Ever since she'd gotten back to them she'd been... well the only word he could think of was different. Somehow it was Sam and yet at the same time... it wasn't. Shaking his head Daniel shoved his thoughts aside and focused on the opening gate. He stepped up to it to go through when he felt a hand on his arm.

"Daniel... thanks for letting me borrow this." Sam said.

Daniel found himself caught up in her eyes. They were so calm and yet so sad. His brows furrowed in confusion as Sam kissed his cheek before pushing him toward the event horizon. Teal'c stepped up the steps as Daniel disappeared into the gate. He too wore a puzzled frown as Sam hugged him and kissed his cheek. She then pushed him into the gate as well.

"Carter... come on. Let's go home."

"Jack..."

Jack looked at her in surprise. She had called him Jack!

"Jack... I... Look, before..." Sam started and stopped her thoughts several times before she gave on her words.

Grabbing Jacks lapels she pulled him close, kissing him with a passion he had only dreamed of. Before he could register what was happening it was over. She stepped back, his sidearm in her shaking hands.

"Go home Jack. Live. I love you."

With her final words Sam pushed Jack into the gate. Making her preparations, Sam wept for all that she had lost.

"Jack! Where's Sam?!" Daniel yelled when the colonel came through alone.

"General we gotta go back!" Jack yelled, looking at the control room. "She's didn't come through! We gotta go back!!"

The General leaned down into the microphone to give his orders. "Go get her! Bring Cart..."

Before Hammond could finish the normally blue event horizon exploded with a brilliant white light before shutting itself down.

"SAM!!!!" Daniel yelled, instinct making him step forward.

SGC stared at the now closed horizon, each mind and heart reaching out for the captain who hadn't come home.

Daniel sat in his office alone, the lights off, his head in his hands. It had been three days since SG-1 had come home. No... not SG-1. The team wasn't home, only part of it. SG-1 no longer existed. It had died the day they lost Sam. His eyes burning from lack of true sleep Daniel noticed a red light blinking on his desk. He reached out, turning on his desk lamp. There, where someone had dumped it three days ago, was his camcorder- a message waiting to be played. The camcorder Sam had disappeared with just after they had gotten her back. The one she returned just before she had kissed his... Getting up, Daniel plugged the device into its plug on the computer. Punching a few buttons he watched as Sam's face appeared and her voice flooded the room.

"Hi Danny. You must really be mad right now. That's okay, I'm pretty mad too. I had to do it. It was the only way. Please try and understand. There was no reversing it. It had already become too strong. Please try to understand. I wish I could have said all of this too you in person but you never would have let me do it. This way is better.

Hey do you remember that time... I think it was the fourth time you died... we had the party at Janet's house? I sat there listening to you tell us how you had accepted it. You knew it was the only way. Then you know how I feel. Please try to help them understand. Especially Jack. He's gonna blame himself. Don't let him. Make him blame me. But more importantly... help him live. He has too much to offer to shut down now. Please make him see that.

Daniel I will never forget all you have done for me. I've always been too military for my own good. You helped me to see that it's okay to be a woman as well. You have so much innocence in you and yet you have so much wisdom. I don't mean book knowledge... I mean wisdom from life. Life tried so hard to get you down but you never let it. You never gave in, never gave up. With out your support I never would have found Jack after those three months. Without you I never would have found a side of me I'd always thought to be lost forever. You found the soft side of me and showed me how to accept it as a part of myself. You helped me become the woman I am today. You... you Daniel were the brother I'd always wanted and the friend I never knew I needed. Never give up... never...(Sam closes her eyes trying to regain control of her voice) ....never stop being the man you are... the man who gives, loves, with all his heart.

(Sam draws a ragged breath and continues with a smile on her face)

When I came to SGC I met a man... a General. One of the kindest men I'd ever met. He has one of the strongest hearts I've ever known. After all the things we've put him through and yet he hasn't had a heart attack yet. Somebody knock on wood for me. General... Thank you for all those times you paced the hallways for us, all those times you calmed us down when there was only two or three of us there in the hallway with you. Each of us has a role in the SGC family, and you have always been our father. Thank you.

Three years ago I met a man who wanted to kill me. Three years later I kissed a man who had become, in so many ways, as dear to me as a child is to its mother. Teal'c... I have never before met a man who could express so much respect and friendship... and love with such a straight face. I'm so glad you joined us. You always kept us on our toes. So much of our ways we take for granted. Your simple questions showed me how much I did that. Without you I never would have been able to see Jack and Daniel try to explain the joys of PMS. By the way they still didn't get it right. But, hey, what do they know about it! You gave me a gift Teal'c. It was a gift that I didn't know I had until I almost lost it one day. A quote I read one day sums it up much better than I ever could. It goes... 'What better way to see life than to see it through they eyes of a child'. Thanks to you Teal'c I had that chance. Thank you my friend.

(Sam bowed her head, collecting her thoughts before continuing)

Janet, my best friend. I love you so much. Take care of Cassie for me. Tell her how much I love her. Tell her it didn't hurt. That it happened with a smile, because it will. My final gift to my friends. I'll always love you, both of you...so much

(Sam put her head in her hands, her shoulders shaking with silent sobs)

I love you all... so much. My friends... my family... I love you."

Daniel watched as Sam cried, knowing what she had to do and yet wishing it could be different. He reached for the stop button, his finger poised, when she looked back up at the camera, her face streaked with tears.

"Jack... Jack I mean what I said... what I will say. I love you. I always have. Since the day I met you. I wish I'd had the courage to say 'Damn the regs!' But I didn't. There is so much I want to tell you. So much there is left to say... to do. You are my weakness and you are my strength. Whenever I wanted to quit you kept me going. You challenged me. You showed me what it is to live, to trust... to love. (Sam's voice broke but she didn't look down) Jack I want you to live! Live and be happy! You deserve to be happy. You give so much of yourself and yet you ask nothing in return. I'll say hello to Charlie... I'll tell him how good you're doin'. And I'll see you in our dreams Jack. I love you... I love you with all my heart! There was a poem in the book I got for you last year. It says... 'And if sometimes you should remember my face, smile for me and continue on in the race.' Smile for me Jack! Smile, love, and live. I love you! (Sam stared at the camera her eyes brimming with fresh tears. She reached forward and shut the camera off)

Daniel sat there, staring at the blue screen. Rewinding the tape he left the room with it in his hands. There were people, hurting people, who needed to see this...Sam's final words.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Lady S