Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Hook

by Lady S
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hook

Hook

by Lady S

TITLE: Hook
AUTHOR: Lady S
EMAIL: anywho_sew@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: S/J; small angst
SPOILERS: None that we could find.
SEASON / SEQUEL: Anywhere when Sam is a "Major"
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: None
SUMMARY: "Janet I need a fix!" - That pretty much sums it up!
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This was supposed to be a humor piece but it kinda shifted halfway through, hence the shift in tone. As many have come to realize I am such a Sam whumper so be prepared... this isn't a real whumper but just you wait for the 2nd part! The foreign language part I have to thank the great people at the sgwrite list! They gave me some really good ones. There's German (thank you Joe!), Egyptian (thank you Viv!), Greek and Hebrew (thank you Erchmenos !). Basically they're other languages for "beautiful". Thanks to the whole list! I hope you enjoy this fic... I'm not too sure about it. So if you liked it or hated it... lem'me know!

"Janet I need a fix!"

Jack stopped dead in his tracks, just outside the infirmary, as he heard that sweet, melodious, voice that he knew as well as he knew his own reflection.

~ Carter? Fix? What the hell? ~

"Sam... no!"

"Aww come on Janet! Just something to get me through for a little while! Janet... please!"

"Sam... you promised me that the last time was it!"

"I know Janet... I know! One more and I swear I'll never ask again!"

Janet sighed. "When is it this time?"

"At ten p.m.," Sam replied, hope filling her voice.

"I can't believe I'm doing this... again!"

Sam kissed Janet's cheek. "Thank you sooo much Janet! I'll pick you up."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Get outta here before I change my mind."

Sam flew into the hallway, a smile gracing her face that reached all the way to her eyes, and ran smack into Jack. Caught up in her momentum the pair fell to the floor, a tangled mass of legs and arms. Laughing, Sam tried to remove herself from the tangled heap only to fall back onto Jack. Face to face Jack looked up at Sam, his eyes troubled.

"Sir? What's wrong? Did you get hurt?"

"No."

Jack sat up as Sam sat back, his eyes never leaving her face.

"Is everything all right?"

"You tell me."

"Sir?"

Jack said the first thing that cam to his mind to keep her away from whatever trouble she was getting into. "Tell you what, Carter. Why don't you and Danny and Janet come on over. I'll grab Teal'c and we can spend the night as a group. Movie, pizza, beer... what'd'ya say?"

Sam looked away. "I'm sorry sir. I... um... I already have plans for tonight. Maybe next time."

Still unable to look him in the eyes Sam offered her goodbye and fled to the safety of her lab.

~ Oh God! So close... smelled so good... yum! Oh no! Stop it Carter! Must not think like that... must not...! Calm... breathe... okay... Why was he acting like that? Why did that bother me so much? ~ she thought to herself.

Sam busied herself with work until it was time to leave, not allowing her mind to wander back to what had happened in the corridor. Shutting down the equipment Sam headed toward the surface. As she passed by the Colonel's office Sam glanced in and saw him deep in conversation with Daniel. Curiosity getting the best of her Sam stood just out of sight and listened in.

"Jack you know her better than that!"

"I thought so but I know what I heard, Danny!"

"Oh come on Jack!"

"What are you doing?" Janet asked.

Sam jumped and turned around. Grabbing Janet's arm she dragged her down the hall and out of sight.

Racing to the open door Jack looked up and down the empty hallway before shutting the door all the way.

Sam leaned on the desk of the empty office she had pulled Janet into.

"He knows. Oh god Janet he knows!"

"Huh? Who knows what?"

"Jack! I mean... sir... the Colonel!" Sam stuttered. "Janet! He knows!"

"And this is a bad thing?"

"Janet!"

"Well...? Maybe he can go with you tonight instead of me!"

Sam glared at her. "This is humiliating!"

"Please Sam! Like it wasn't bound to get out sooner or later."

"I'd have preferred later!"

"Too late. Pick me up at nine."

"I cannot believe I let you talk me into this!"

"It's not so bad, Danny. I bought you coffee didn't I?"

"Jack!!! We are tailing SAM! I mean this is Sam we are talking about!"

"Daniel I know what I heard!"

"If Sam finds out that we're tailing her..."

"She won't."

"Jack..."

"Dammit, Daniel! I'm worried about Sam!"

Daniel stared at Jack as they sat outside Janet's apartment building. They had been sitting outside for nearly fifteen minutes waiting for Sam to come back out. Daniel had thought that Jack was a little overboard when he had approached him with his news, but now? Now he knew... Jack was nuts.

"Jack... you just called her Sam."

"What?" he asked absently as he stared at the door, waiting.

"Jack! We're leaving... now!"

"Here she comes! Now we're gonna follow her to wherever the deal is going down and then we'll... do... something..."

The ride was short and the two men soon found themselves at a small club at the center of town. Sam parked her car and both she and Janet went inside, Jack and Daniel following a moment later.

"What is this place?" Jack asked as he watched the moving lights and listened to the deafening music.

Daniel sighed. "It's a club Jack. The girls are probably just clubbing it tonight."

"A club! This is just the sort of place a deal like this would go down," Jack said.

Rolling his eyes Daniel went off in search of a table, dragging Jack behind him. Threading his way through the crowds he was apologizing left and right for bumping into people. Finally reaching a row of elevated tables Daniel snagged the first one that looked empty. Sitting down he scanned the crowd looking for Sam or Janet. In the middle of the floor he spotted the dress Janet had been wearing when she emerged from the apartment building. A simple black dress, it was cut just right to fit her petite body. Daniel couldn't help but think of how beautiful she looked in it.

~ Good lord, she is gorgeous! Beautiful! LamprOs! To'ar! Tseb'ee! Nefrit! Yafa! Ahova! Hadar! Noga! *sigh* Die schonste aller Frauen! ~

A flash of silvery blue next to Janet interrupted his thoughts. Looking closer Daniel saw that it was Sam.

"You see her?" Jack yelled over the music.

"Yeah."

Daniel pointed to the duo in the crowd. Once Jack had them in his sight his eyes never left the two women.

"I am so glad you came with me tonight Janet!" Sam yelled over the noise.

"Thanks! I really needed this!"

"Well the next time you need a 'dance fix'... get a date!" Janet yelled back.

Sam laughed. As she was dancing Janet's eyes scanned the crowd. She had a gut feeling they would be followed tonight and she wasn't disappointed. Spotting Daniel and Jack at a table she asked Sam to get them a drink while she grabbed a table. Parting ways Sam headed to the bar while Janet made her way to the table. Sliding in next to Daniel she smiled at them.

"Why are you here?" Jack asked.

"Why are you following us?" Janet replied point blank.

Watching Jack squirm in his seat was reward enough for being here. Laughing at him, Janet decided not to let him off the hook very easily.

"Sam and I came to get a quick fix."

Janet knew that Jack had overheard their conversation and, obviously, had told Daniel. She wanted to make him suffer for doubting Sam but at the same time she knew Daniel, like herself, was here against his will.

"Go get a beer Colonel. You're gonna need it."

Janet watched as he slunk out of the booth and made his way through the throng of people. Laughing she looked at Daniel.

"I know why you're here," she said. Daniel opened his mouth to speak but was silenced by her hand. "Jack dragged you here just like Sam did me. What say we get even?"

Daniel smiled. The night was looking up.

"Two Cosmo's!" Sam yelled to the bartender.

"Two beers too!"

Sam turned to see Jack standing next to her. A black t-shirt that was melded to his torso, allowing her to see his well muscled chest and abs as well as his tanned arms, blended with his black jeans, only a silver buckle to delineate the stop of one and start of the other.

"Jack! Umm... I mean... Sir... what, umm... what are you doing here?"

Jack looked at Sam trying to decide how much to tell her. Unfortunately her dress kept intruding into his thoughts. She wore a short, silver-blue dress. The neck was adorned by those little strappy things... what were they called? ~ Pasta straps? ~ All well and good, but it was the back that took his breath away. From her neck to just below her waist the only thing holding the dress too her was a criss-cross of the same strappy material holding it to her neck. Jack shuddered as he saw her back muscles ripple under her smooth creamy skin as she moved to the music.

"Sir?"

"Huh?" he asked, jerking his eyes back up to her face and away from her back.

"Oh... hi there... Carter. What brings you here?"

"I just asked you that."

"Two Cosmo's, two beers. Eleven fifty," The bartender interrupted.

Sam reached for her purse but Jack grabbed her hand.

"I got it," Pulling out his wallet Jack paid the bill and escorted Sam back to the table, the beers in one hand and his other on her back guiding her through the crowd. Reaching the table they slid into the booth and Sam felt the chill from the lack of his hand on her back. Shuddering slightly she smiled at Daniel.

"Hiya Danny. You came too?"

"Yeah... Jack and I wanted to check this place out. I heard about it on the radio."

Even as Sam bought his story Jack threw him an appreciative, albeit confused, smile. Janet took advantage of the opportunity to nudge Daniel with her foot and he, taking the hint, got up from his seat.

"Hey Sam, wanna dance?"

Sam smiled. "Sure!"

The duo disappeared into the crowd as Jack watched them go. When they were gone from sight Janet turned to Jack.

"Colonel... I know why you're here."

*hook*

Jack sputtered and choked on his beer. Wiping his face he faced the doctor.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean... I know that you overheard Sam and me in the infirmary. Now I don't want to be here because I know I can't do it. But maybe now that you're here there's a chance. You may be the one who can help her."

*line*

"How?"

"Dancing. It keeps her occupied so she can't think about it. The more she dances the less she needs a fix. Can you help?"

*and sinker*

Janet saw the look in his eyes and knew he was hooked. "I will do whatever it takes to help Sam. Even..." Jack gulped. "... dancing."

Soon Daniel brought Sam back to the table only to have Jack take her out again. Sliding in next to Janet Daniel watched them walk back to the dance floor.

"Did it work?"

"Ohhh yeaaahhh!"

The two laughed over their shared joke. Forgetting about their friends on the floor they began to talk, picking up their last conversation.

"I didn't know you danced, Sir!"

"Jack."

"Huh?"

"Call me Jack, Sam. We're off duty for crying out loud!"

Sam laughed; a tinkling sound Jack knew as well as he did his own hand. As much as he hated to dance Jack had to admit that he was enjoying this.

~ Guess it is all in the partner. ~ he thought to himself. ~ And what a partner! ~

The pair of soldiers danced for quite a while until even Sam had had enough and wanted to sit down. Making their way to the table they found a note attached to Sam's wrap, written in Janet's scrawl.

'Sam, We're tired. Gone home to get some sleep. I took your car to take Daniel home so get a ride with Jack. C-ya. Janet'

"Do you mind?"

"Nope. Listen you want to get outta here? Get a coffee or something?" Jack offered, hoping he could lure her away from her 'meeting.'

Sam looked out at the dance floor. Weighing the options in her mind Sam opted for the quieter way to end the evening. Smiling at Jack she took her wrap in her hands.

"I'd love to."

Jack smiled, a sight she would never tire of, and offered his arm to her. Taking his arm Sam allowed herself to be escorted from the club.

"By the way..." Jack began as he opened her door. "You look great."

Sam blushed slightly and tucked her legs into the car. "Thank you."

Closing the door, Jack counted his blessing and hoped he'd be able to control his emotions in the night to come. The drive was short to a small caf and the couple was soon seated in the corner booth, separated from the rest of the patrons.

"What can I get ya?"

"I'll have a tea, please," Sam said, smiling at the older woman.

"Unh... coffee. And a piece of whatever's in the case."

"You betch'a sugar!" Winking the waitress went off to place their orders.

"Come here often?" teased Sam.

"Eh... often enough, apparently," Jack shrugged.

Sam smiled at his lack of interest and surprise at their waitress's overtures.

"So... Sam..." Jack stuttered, unsure of how to ask what he wanted to ask. "Umm... What was gonna happen tonight... you do that often?"

Sam looked down, blushing at being caught. "No... not all that often. Just when I really need to mellow out and relax."

Before Jack could get out his next question the waitress returned with the drinks and Jack's slice. When it was placed before him he saw Sam's eyes grow wide. He smiled slightly, knowing it was the reaction he had wanted. After all... not even the good Major could resist the infamous three-layer-chocolate-fudge-devils-food-truffle-torture.

"Wanna bite?"

Sam swallowed. "No," she said staring as he took a bite. "I shouldn't mix two fix's in one night."

Jack choked on his food, swallowing it down with a gulp of coffee. "When?" he cried. "When did you get it? I was with you the whole night!"

"Get what?"

"Your fix! I was there every minute! You never met with anyone!"

Sam furrowed her brow in confusion. "What are you talking about? I know you were there the whole time. Jack I don't understand what you are..." Sam's words drifted off, as she fully understood what he was not saying.

Dropping her eyes to the table Sam played with her cup as she tried to calm down.

~ DRUGS! He thought I was doing drugs! ~

"Sam! Answer me!"

"No," she said softly.

"No?" Jack repeated, not believing that she wasn't answering him. ~ Hell! She won't even look at me! ~

"No, sir!' she said, coming to attention as best she could while seated.

"Goodnight."

Getting up Sam stormed out of the caf, Jack watching her back, his face a mixture of shock, surprise, and anger.

"Listen buddy... I don't know what you just did but you better go make it right! She ain't the kind of lady you let walk away!"

Jack looked up to see the waitress staring down at him. Jumping from his seat Jack took off after Sam. Once he was on the street he looked up and down trying to find her. Heading to the north he stopped when he heard shouts from the south. Running at full force Jack raced in the opposite direction to round the corner and, even as his heart stopped dead, his legs began to pump faster than he thought was humanly possible.

There ahead of him was a sight that would be forever burned into the back of his mind. A black van with a broken passenger brake light had its side door swung open while its occupants struggled to catch and load their cargo. Punches were thrown and heeled feet shot out in rapid kicks in their attempt to get away. However, with a swift blow to the head from a pipe their victim dropped limply against one of the men and, finally getting the cargo in, they shut the door as the van squealed away leaving Jack to chase after it to no avail. Reaching into his jacket as he ran for his car Jack pulled out a cell phone and dialed a number he knew by heart.

"Cheyenne Mountain," drawled a bored operator.

"Hammond, now!"

"I'm sorry he's not in his office at the moment."

"Then you find him god-dammit!"

"Sir..."

"This is Colonel Jack O'Neill!" he yelled. "Get me Hammond NOW!"

"Yes'sir!"

As Jack started the engine and screeched away from the curb he waited impatiently, cursing the operator who though she could waste his time.

"Hammo..."

"General it's Jack. We have a big problem!"

"What is it, son?"

"Sam's been kidnapped!"

The End
... for now!
(dum-de-dum-dum-dum)
*evil grin*

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Lady S