Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Excavation

by LE McMurray
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Excavation

Excavation

by L.E McMurray

Summary: Digging in the dirt.
Category: Thoughts
Episode Related: 204 The Gamekeeper
Season: any Season
Pairing: Daniel/Share
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 02/01/04

Author's Notes:- Thanks to Stonedtoad for betaing. Just a little piece, I was bored at work one day and this appeared.

********************************************************

He gently brushed the dirt away uncovering the artefact that was embedded there. Years of practice meant he could feel where to dig next to remove the entire thing without damaging it in any way. The sun beat down on him burning his pale skin, bleaching his hair blond once more. He licked his dried lips and pulled out the canister of water taking a quick drink to quench his thirst before returning his attention to the task at hand.

*

A memory surfaced as he worked and for a moment he was a child again. His small hands being guided by the delicate hands of his mother, her gentle presence soothing his frustration that his treasure wasn't coming out of the ground fast enough.

"You have to learn to be patient Danny," her voice gentle filled with the love and understanding only a mother had floated around him, "It will take time but once you're finished the prize is worth it."

He sighed at the memory, the lingering feel of her hands fading as the present reasserted itself. Even after all this time he still found himself wishing for a few more moments with them.

Turning his attention back to his work he started to see a cup being formed. With the patience he'd learned long ago he continued to gently remove his treasure from where it lay.

Finally he held his prize in his hands and reverently he turned it over several times enjoying the smooth feel of it across his skin. Setting it down he noticed the similarities between it and the one that sat on his bedside table.

*

Kasuf held the cup to him, "This binds you together."

He took the cup and turned to his bride who was standing at his side. He raised the cup to his lips but stopped suddenly. Seeing the worry fill her eyes he gave her a smile.

"Before I do this, I just want to say something to you," he said softly, "On Earth we take vows and I want to do that."

Her worry faded and a smile covered her face making her eyes sparkle when he took her hand in his.

"I never knew how alone I was until I came here and looked into your eyes," he told her softly, "I just want to promise that I will always love you."

Unshed tears glistened in her eyes as he drank from the cup when he handed it to her she smiled and took his hand again.

"You are not alone," she told him, "You are a part of me and a part of me is in you. I love you."

His heart swelled with joy as she drank also.

Kasuf placed his hands on their joined hands and spoke the words that bound them together as Husband and Wife.

*

A few tears escaped his tightly shut eyes as he returned to the present. Taking one last look over the small cup he placed it to the side before returning to see what else he could find.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to L.E McMurray