Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Soft Gratitude

by LE McMurray
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Soft Gratitude

Soft Gratitude

by L.E McMurray

Summary: A short conversation
Category: Missing Scene/Epilogue
Episode Related: 310 Forever in a Day, 701 FALLEN
Season: any Season
Pairing: Daniel/Share
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 01/07/04

Author's Notes:- Thanks to Stonedtoad for betaing.

In Fallen since they had to relocate the villagers and they had about a week to do this there is a lot of time in between so here's a wee scene to fill it.

*********************************************

Shamda looked up as a knock came on the door of the small room he had been given within the strange base.

"Enter," the old man called smiling as the hesitant figure of the young man he'd taken in appeared in the doorway.

"Hi," Daniel said softly, "I thought I'd come and see how you were."

"I am well Arrom...sorry," the old man smiled, "Daniel."

A small smile graced the lips of the younger man like Shamda had never seen in the two moons he had stayed with them.

"How about you?" Shamda asked, "Has much of your memory returned?"

Daniel shrugged, "Bits and pieces."

Shamda noticed for the first time the picture held by Daniel, "Who is that?"

Daniel took a seat across from the old man and sighed slightly, "Do you remember I told you about my dream?"

Shamda frowned, "Which one?"

"Where I was with someone I knew I loved," Daniel explained, "Her face was always obscured and I couldn't find her name but I felt safe with her."

Shamda nodded, "You were always quite upset because of those dreams."

Daniel handed the picture to Shamda, "Her name was Sha're and she was my wife. She died several years ago."

"I'm sorry Ar...Daniel," Shamda told him as he studied the picture, "She is very beautiful. Both in her body and spirit."

"How can you tell?"

Shamda smiled, "Look at her eyes. Even within the picture you can see the fire in her soul, the passion she had for life and for you."

Daniel's head dropped, "Why? Shamda, why would they take my memory? There is so much in my life that I know I don't want to remember but it's coming back to me. My parents, Sha're, so many others hurt because of me."

Shamda rested his hand on the young man's shoulder, "Daniel, I know you. The time you spent with us I watched you and there is nothing within you that could harm anyone."

"Then why do the people I love keep dying?" Daniel asked.

"Did I ever tell you about..."

"Please Shamda," Daniel sighed, "No tales. I want to be free again, to be Arrom where none of this knowledge and pain was here."

"As your friend Jack says," Shamda smiled, "Life sucks, get over it."

Daniel looked at him shocked.

"You have people here who care for you," Shamda reminded him, "Friends who were so happy to see you. Your past brought you here and your potential keeps you here."

"Thank you Shamda," Daniel told the old man, "I never got to tell you just how much you taking me in meant to me. That having you watch over and help me as I was so alone and afraid meant so much."

"It was an honour for me to get to know you also," Shamda told him.

"You remind me so much of Kasuf," Daniel said without thinking.

"Who?"

"I..." Daniel hesitated before he caught a glimpse of his wife's picture, "Her father. Kasuf is her father and treated me like his son."

"Then I am honoured," Shamda nodded.

Daniel smiled again before he took back Sha're's picture, "I have to go. We've got a lot of work to do and Jack has some new idea about getting more of my memory back. I'll see you before we go to stop Apophis," Daniel frowned, "I mean Anubis."

Shamda raised an eyebrow in question.

"That sort of slipped out," Daniel said almost to himself, "I wonder why? Anyway, I should go."

"Take care of yourself Daniel," Shamda told him, "I expect to see you in one piece after this mission of yours."

Daniel nodded and with a quick wave left the room. Going back to his own meditations thinking of Daniel, how much he'd changed from when he was known only as Arrom and his returning memories, Shamda smiled

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to L.E McMurray