Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Recalled to the Past

by Kris Bailey
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Recalled to the past

Recalled to the past

by Kris Bailey

TITLE: Recalled to the past
AUTHOR: Kris Bailey
EMAIL: cptcastor@aol.com
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: Set in the future
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: m/f
SUMMARY: Life after both Sam and Jack retire.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Sam sat there on the couch just looking at Jack read the paper. Though she had done plenty of staring, she always found another interesting feature about him. It has been two years now since they decided that they wanted to be together, and not a single person was going to keep them apart. Not even the US Airforce.

(Flashback)

Two years ago, Both Jack and Sam went to see General Hammond, and both prepared for everything. That was the day that both of their lives changed forever. Most of the SCG was shocked that it came down to what eventually know as 'The Day the SCG died.'

General Hammond was not willing to allow Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter to work together anymore. And the president even suggested that Major Carter be transferred back to the Pentagon to head the Stargate research there. Both Jack and Sam proceeded to respond at the same time. They both handed General Hammond their intents for retirement effective immediately.

"Look, General, it is nothing against you or the SGC, but..." Sam started.

Jack completed Sam's sentence; "... it is time that Sam and I start thinking about us and what we want. And what we want, General, is...."

Sam chirped in, "...Each other."

"Are you sure?" Hammond asked. It was almost as if his heart was breaking.

"Yep," Both Sam and Jack relied.

"And there is nothing I can do to change your mind?" Hammond had to try again.

"Nope," Again both said this time with a nod as well.

"I knew this day may come. I was hoping that it would have been after I retired. I know you kids will be happy. Does anyone else know?" Hammond was not sure if he was ready to dismiss them from his office. He was hoping that the longer they stayed in there, the more that they would stay with the SGC.

"Actually general, you are the only one that knows." Sam replied. Jack decided to remain silent the rest of the time. Though he intently held Sam real close.

(Back to story time line)

Sam got up off the couch and went over to Jack stealthily. After all she wanted to keep her training sharp. She needed her training when it came to facing those high school students in a few days. Since her Retirement from the SCG, Sam had taken up teaching high school.

Sarah O'Neill (Now Sarah Parkins) had helped Sam in getting the teaching position. Sam was looking forward to teaching her first full year. She started off as a Substitute for the district, which worked into a teaching position, this past January, when a teacher there was transferred out with her husband to Iceland.

Anyway, Sam crept up behind Jack. Just when she was about to attack his neck with kisses, he pulled her down over his shoulder and into his lap. "Gees, Jack, How did you know?" Sam smiled but a bit disappointed that he was able to get the better of her.

"You forget, my love, I know all your moves." Jack smiled.

"Oh yeah?" Sam questioned and then pulled herself close to Jack and passionately kissed him. "How about that one?" Sam said with a smirk on her face.

"Oh well that move is one of my favorites." Jack relied and moved in again to repeat the move.

The mood was broken by the sound of giggles in the background. "Ah come on, Aunt Sam and Uncle Jack. That is just Yucky. EEEEWWWWW!"

Sam's brother Mark and his family had come for a visit during the summer vacation. Both of their children were in the phase that the opposite sex had cooties. "Uncle Jack, you promised." The other child said. Sam immediately got up off of Jacks lap and went into the kitchen.

"Alright, alright. I am ready to go. You can blame your Aunt Sam if we are late." Jack got up and picked up his car keys. He was heading out to the movies with the Kids. Soon after Jack and the Kids left, Mark and his wife left as well. This gave time for Sam to start cleaning for the party.

It was a girl's night party. The WNBA All star game was tonight, and Sam had the largest television between herself, Janet and Sarah. (Over all this time, since Both Sarah and Jack had found their eternal happiness with other people, the four had become the closest of friends.)

A knock at the door started Sam and she burnt her finger lighting a candle. Sam opened the door sucking on her already blistering finger. "Sarah, you are a few hours early, but come on in." Sam gestured to the already cleaned living room. "Be careful, I just cleaned the carpets and they are still wet."

Sarah nodded and then sat down on the couch, "Look I really need to talk." Sarah said in a nice quiet tone.

Sam looked at Sarah, despite their growing friendship, she always want to talk to Jack. "Sarah, look, I am sorry but Jack took my brother's kids to the latest Disney movie."

"I saw him leave. I wanted to talk to you." Sarah replied. This did throw Sam back for a spell.

"Sure," Sam sat on the chair close to the couch, "What is it? Are you in trouble?" Sam added as she saw the look of concern in Sarah's eyes.

"I am not sure how Jack is going to take my announcement. I am not sure what his feelings will be or how he will act. Jack and I started back in our friendship, and I do not want to lose it."

Sam's heart started skipping several beats as Sarah talked. Sam herself was almost scared of what Sarah was about to tell her. Maybe Sarah should be worried about Sam's reply.

"Sam, breath, I am not about to tell you something that would take Jack away from you. Believe me, one night I did try, but he is totally devoted to you."

"That's good, because I am not sure what you are trying to say." Sam took a sigh of relief.

"Sam, I am pregnant. I know that this is will be hard for both of us since Charlie. And especially hard since.... Anyway, I am afraid to bring out the emotions in him. I do not know what he is going to say."

"Oh Sarah, Jack will be happy and thrilled for you. He wants to make sure that you are happy. If this baby makes you happy then that is all that matters." Sam went over and comforted Sarah. Then occurred to her.

"You know?"

Sarah looked at Sam, "Of course you know. Jack confined in you."

"Sam I was there. I waited with him in the waiting room while the Doctors performed surgery from the car accident." Sarah knew that maybe she should not have brought it up.

"Funny how you do not know what you miss until it is gone. We did not even know I was pregnant until the Doctor told me about the miscarriage that the Drunk Driver caused. Before that Jack and I never discussed us having a baby. But...."

".... Once the child is not longer there, you already feel as if you bonded with him or her. Thinking about the graduation you missed, or the dates, and the wedding."

"Exactly." Sam said and took a deep breath. She did that instead of crying. She reserved her crying time for when she was alone. "Sarah, no one knows about the miscarriage, no one but you and Jack and my Doctor. Mark does not even know."

"Mark does not even know what?" A voiced boomed from behind. Mark stood there with a smile.

"Enjoy your picnic?" Sam asked.

Mark nodded, "Yeah, what do I not know?"

"You do not know anything about temporal wormhole physics. See Sarah is teaching a science class next year." Sam made a somewhat good save.

"I know I do not know, Silly, that in your area of expertise." Mark nudged at Sam a bit before he left for the kitchen.

"Brothers, you have to love them no matter what." Sam laughed and Sarah joined her.

After an hour of getting snack food in place, and the wine coolers Chilling in the fridge, Sam was able to take a minute to sit down. That minute left the minute Jack and the Kids came through the door. "Aunt Sam, Aunt Sam." The three cried in unison. Seems that Jack and the Kids thought it would be fun to see who could get to Aunt Sam first. The two kids pounced on Sam, followed by Jack.

"Umph" was all that came out of Sam's mouth as she moved into a tickling retaliation.

The kids' mother then came in for a partial reprieve. "Alright you two, I want showers and I want you dressed warmly and I want you ready to leave this house in less than an hour." The kids just had the Ah- MOM look on their faces. "Scoot. You father and I will be up to help you two in a second."

"Hey you know what?" Sarah started. "Looks like I forget something. I will be back in a little while."

"Ok, see you later, Sarah." Sarah found her way out and left Sam and Jack alone again. Jack took the opportunity to do a little pouncing of his own kind with Sam.

Sam and Jack decide a little kiss was a good start but it quickly developed into a long drawn out passionate kiss. The world around them ceased to exist.

"Sam, Jack..." Came a male voice from behind. Then suddenly Daniel cleared his throat, louder than normal.

"Now, Danny, haven't you learned anything about your timing?" Jack retorted as he moved off of the straddling position he has on Sam. "Actually we have been knocking for 5 minutes, then Mark let us in." Daniel replied. It was then that Sam and Jack noticed Teal'c behind Daniel.

"Hi, Teal'c," Sam said as she got up.

"Not to be rude, because you guys know you are welcomed in my house, but don't you think you are early." Jack gave Daniel a look that only meant 'explain yourself.'

"Actually, we need to talk." Daniel had a most serious looking but a look of Glee in his expression. The four moved into the kitchen.

"What is it Daniel." Sam looked inquisitively.

"DanielJackson, Should we be discussing this information with them. They are no longer..." Daniel shushed Teal'c up.

"They need to know, because what I heard and you did not hear involves Jack and Sam."

"But why would..." Teal'c was then again cut off.

"For crying out loud, just tell us." Jack snapped. Jack seemed to have a bit of spirit and spunk that he had back before he retired.

"General Hammond has been meeting with the president. Apparently the president is not happy with the lack of productivity the SGC has show in the last couple of year. They are about to pull the plug on the project." Daniel was down to business but was avoiding the next topic.

"Daniel, this is none of out business or concern anymore. We are no longer part of the SGC or the US Airforce. Why come to us with it. What can we do? Provided that we want to do anything at all." Sam rationalized.

"Good question, and I have a good answer. The lack of productivity was dated back to 'the day the SCG died.' That is what we call it." Daniel could see the confusion in Sam and Jack's faces.

"I believe what DanielJackson is referring to is the day that both you O'Neill, and Samantha, retired from the SGC." Teal'c added.

"Yeah. The minute you two left the base for the last time, moral dropped. SG1 has never been the same as it once was." Daniel finally admitted that Sam and Jack's leaving was harder then anticipated. "It is like there is no desire left on the base."

"Oh please, Daniel. Don't give me that." Jack said.

"Most of the grapevine consisted around you two. It was as if you two were a story that you could curl up with at night and dream that you wish you were a part of that story."

"Daniel, no matter what you say or plead, I am not about to give up my life with Jack to make company moral positive again." Sam seemed a bit unnerved.

"And I sure as hell not going to lose Sam either." Jack seemed irritated with Daniel for even bringing this to their attention.

"Jack, Sam, Please. All I ask is that you listen to what the General has to say." Daniel pleaded.

"Alright, Daniel, please, I cannot stand to see a grown man beg." Jack patted Daniel on the back.

"Oh I can." Sam smiles as she got up to answer the knock at the door.

"Janet." Sam said loudly as a greeting then they two women hugged. Then Sam turned to Cassie and hugged her as well.

"Cassie, Janet. Great you are here. I guess my party is ready to go." Jack turned his attention up the stairs, "Mark, Kids, time to roll." Both kids went bounding down the stairs and headed for the door with Jackets in tow.

"Cassie, Lucy, come here a second." Sam called out. Both girls made their way to her. "Now listen. I want you to make sure Uncle Jack stays out of trouble. I want both of you to hang onto him and pretend that you are his dates. Make him buy you something too.

Both girls giggled and gave Sam a kiss on her cheek. "We promise Aunt Sam." They said in unison.

The night was a blast. The Western Conference won the WNBA All-star game. The others well Sam could not get a clear understanding about what they all did, but she was sure video gamed were involved. The next morning was nice and quiet. Everyone was still in bed, so Sam was able to make Coffee and clean up the place after the party.

Sam rushed to the door, when she heard someone knock. She did not want that person to knock again and wake up the house. To her surprise it was General Hammond at the door.

"General, Hi." Sam smiled. She realized that she missed seeing the General around. "Why don't you come in. I made some coffee."

"Thank you, Sam. Sounds great. This however is not a social call. I need to speak with you and Jack." The General walked in and followed Sam to the Kitchen table where he was served his coffee.

"If you give me a few minutes, I will wake him." Sam exited the kitchen and went up the stairs.

She took a few minutes to just watch Jack sleep. She enjoyed watching him sleep. "Jack, Jack, you need to get up."

"Hey I am retired now. And so are you. You need to get back down in this bed with me." Jack pulled at Sam giving her a kiss on her neck.

"Jack, there is plenty of time for this later. General Hammond is down stairs and wants to talk with us." Sam managed to pull away from Jack.

Sam went to rejoin the General. They were discussing the new grandbaby when Jack entered the room. "General."

"Morning, Son, we need to talk. I want you both back at the SGC. Back as SG1."

Sam interrupted, "With all do respect, sir, I am happy with Jack and I am not going to give up my life with Jack to be back at the SCG."

"Now just hold it. I am not suggesting that you and Jack separate and go back to the way things were when you met. I have been talking to the president and he agrees that bit you and Jack are a major piece of the backbone of the SGC. We have decided that we want you both to return, as you are, married and happy. We were wrong to let you go in the first place. So if you decide that you will return, consider yourself recalled back to active duty."

Sam and Jack looked into each other's eyes and knew that instant that they were going back.

General Hammond had got up to make is departure; he was needed back at base.

"General, one more thing." Sam got up.

"What is it, Major?" General Hammond smiled.

"I don't suppose I could be Colonel O'Neill and Jack be Major O'Neill for a while." Jack then grabbed Sam's back and pinched her.

"Well you know, I wish I could do that. I know that you as Colonel may give me less of a headache, but I guess for now, I need to stock up on Alieve. We will see you both tomorrow at 0800 hrs." The general laughed.

Sam was pulled closer to Jack. They were back.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kris Bailey