Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Life's Little Curve

by Kris Bailey
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Life's Little Curve

Life's Little Curve

by Kris Bailey

TITLE: Life's Little Curve
AUTHOR: Kris Bailey
EMAIL: cptcastor@aol.com
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack relationship, future
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: any
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: Sam's life as well as the rest of the SGC's is about to change.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis. SJ yes. Others just ask
DISCLAIMER: (I am taking this from all the others I have read) All publicity recognizable characters and places are the property of MGM, World Gekko Corp and Double Secret Productions. This Piece of fan fiction was created for entertainment not monetary purposes and no infringement on copyright or trademarks was intended. The author copyrights previously unrecognized characters and places, and this story. Any similarity to real persons living or dead is coincidental and mot intended by the author.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Feedback is a must. Boost my Ego, please

Part one: Diagnosis

"SG1 to the briefing room." Came the announcement over the intercom. Sam turned to Janet. Holding onto Janet's hand, Sam was unsure if she wanted to do this.

"Sam, you know you do not have to do this." Janet said. " I can tell General Hammond and then no one has to know, or I could even tell them for you." Janet was just trying to save Sam from additional pain.

Since 1600 hours yesterday, Sam felt as if she had been in pure hell. She had taken the past week off on personal leave to take care of some business. Only Janet knew what was going on. Now it was time to let the others in on the secret.

Janet and Sam walked quietly to the briefing room. Before opening the door, Sam stopped and took a deep breath.

"Things will be fine." Janet reassured her.

Walking in, Jack turned and looked at them. "Well it is about time. Major it is not like you to be late like this." Jack commented as a small verbal reprimand.

"Actually Colonel, I am the reason why you are here in the meeting. Dr. Fraiser called The General and asked him to call you all here. I need to talk to you all." Sam took a deep breath. Jack turned his head and his expression. By the look in his face, he was preparing for bad news.

"As you know I have been out the past week on personal business. Last week during my yearly Mammogram, there were several small masses detected. Last week I underwent a biopsy and yesterday I was diagnosed with breast cancer."

At that point, Jack forgot all protocols, and moved as close to Sam as he could get and took her into his arms. He felt as if he was about to lose the woman he never started to have yet.

"There is more. Tomorrow, I go into the hospital and undergo a radical mastectomy. From there we are going to find out of Radiation or Chemotherapy are needed." Sam seemed to be really calm, but Jack knew that she was shaking like crazy. He could not be sure though. It may be him that is doing the shaking.

"Major, I do not want you worrying about your duties here at the SGC, but is there anything we can do?" The General asked. To him it felt like it was his child. He too moved close taking Sam's hand.

"Actually, I would like to contact my father. I think he needs to know. And Sorry guys, but I would like to Talk to Colonel O'Neill alone." Sam said.

"Sam, what about a Sarcophagus? Or how about a Tok'ra?" Daniel said before he left.

"No Daniel, I cannot take another set of Memories in my head, and even if we could get our hands on a sarcophagus, I would not use it because of the side effects. No I am going to fight this the old fashion way." Sam said.

Everyone but Jack left the room. When the last person was out, Sam spoke, "Jack..."

Jack cut her off, "Sam, listen to me. I love you, I always have. I am not going to let you do this alone. I am going to be with you through everything. Through the surgery, the medications and the puking. I will be there to hold your hand and your head." Jack then took Sam's face in his hands, "I love you, Sam."

"I was hoping you would say that. I love you, Jack. I want you to be with me through this. I need you with me."

Part Two: The night before

Sam's POV

I sat there it the briefing room with jack for a few minutes just holding him, and he was holding me. We are quiet. No words are needed. No words left to be said right now. There are just our Emotions. I know that I have soaked Jack's shirt with my silent tears, but what I just now noticed is that my shirt is soaked as well with his.

Our moment is interrupted when The General, Janet and the rest of SG1 enter.

"I am sorry to interrupt, but, I am putting SG1 on indefinite downtime. Major, Dr. Jackson and Teal'c will send a message to the Tok'ra. Colonel, Why don't you drive the Major home." Hammond said. When looking into his eyes, I could also see the emotions swelling up.

Let me tell you something, being in the military, no matter what branch, does not mean you do not have feelings. I am seeing some of the best soldiers with tears in their eyes right here.

An hour later, Jack and I were at my apartment. It was quiet. We both did not know what to say, I decided that this was too awkward, so I broke the quiet realm, "Jack, I am not sure what will happen next. I have to admit this does scare me."

"It scares me too. And I am so stupid." Jack says.

"What do you mean?" I ask very curious as to what he was saying.

"It takes something like almost losing you, to make me realize that you are all that I ever need and want." Jack moved closer to me. He was on his knees right in front of me. "Sam, I love you and sorry for being selfish, I would rather die than lose you. I do not care if you do not feel the same way. I know that this is too much at one time, but I cannot go any longer without telling you."

I put my finger on his mouth to get him quiet. "I am tired, I think I need to lay down. Come with me." I was not asking him. I was more of an order.

Jack stands and takes my hand. I lead him to my bedroom, where it is dark and cool. I keep it that way even during the day. "Jack I hated that it came down to this. I did think that I would be saying this now, because of the Cancer. I more pictured it maybe in my lab when you would come and give me a backrub after being stress out over some stupid soil sample. What I am saying is that I do feel the same way about you. I love you Jack O'Neill"

"I love you Samantha Carter." Jack responded and then followed with a passionate kiss.

I step back and take my shirt off followed by my bra. I show Jack, that which I will no longer have tomorrow night.

Jack comes closer and with his hands, feels my breasts. At this point he could also feel the lumps. "You know, these are not you." Jack starts indicating my breasts. "When they are removed, you will still be the same person. You will still be Major Samantha Carter, USAF, 2IC of SG1." Jack pauses for a minute. He moves me closer to the bed. "You will still be My SAM. The SAM I love with all of my heart, body and soul."

Part Three: The Call

Jacob's POV

"Jacob, we have received a signal from Earth." Tomar announced.

"Thank-you, I shall go." I said.

"Who shall go with you?" Tomar asked.

"I will," a small voice from behind spoke.

"Charlie, we do not know why they are calling. Maybe we should..." Then Charlie stopped him. Tomar was the worrier of the Tok'ra. He worried for everyone.

"There is not danger to me. I feel there is something else wrong." Charlie stated.

"You know what Kiddo, I do to." I confirmed. "Charlie will accompany me."

Charlie and I gated to Earth. George was there to greet me as well as Teal'c and Daniel. What confused me was why was Jack and Sam not here as well?

"George, What is wrong? What happened to Sam and Colonel O'Neill." I asked. Right now was not a time to dance around.

"Hey Charlie, How are you doing?" Daniel asked

"I am well thank-you." Charlie said.

"Lets see if we can find you some ice cream." Daniel suggested.

"Ice cream?" Charlie asked.

I decided to take Daniel's lead. George must want to talk to me alone. "Trust me Kiddo, you will love it." I say and watch Charlie go off with Daniel and Teal'c.

I turn back to George. "Alright, spill it, George."

"In my office Jacob, please" We go up to his office and get comfortable. He seems to be stalling.

"George cut the crap, what is going on with my daughter?" I ask straight out.

"You daughter and Colonel O'Neill are at her apartment. Sam has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She is scheduled for surgery tomorrow. She just told us not too long before we contacted you." Jacob said bluntly.

My heart sank. My daughter. My Daughter. I do not wish what I had onto any of my children, but especially my little princess. Tears overwhelmed me. Selmac took over.

"General Hammond, Jacob is a bit unnerved right now. Would you be so kind as to get us transport to Samantha. And please let Daniel look after Charlie. This is something that Jacob has to face without the child."



I unlock the door and go in. Things are quiet and I do not see Colonel O'Neill around. I decide to check in the bedroom for Sam.I open the door and what I see does not shock me at all. Colonel O'Neill and my daughter are in bed. He holds onto her. I know what went on. I give a brief smile because it is about time and leave to give them their privacy.

Part Four: The Love

Jack's POV

Sam is asleep. That is good. She needs it. She has a trying day tomorrow and greater challenges ahead of her. I on the other hand cannot sleep. All I can do is sit here and watch this Gem to the world sleep.

I am so wrapped up in Sam, that I did not hear a thing. It was not until I heard the bedroom door close that I realized that Sam and I were not alone. I assume that Jacob had entered. We did leave I hook off so that he could enter, but it could be anyone. Fearing for what may happen, I quickly get dressed and enter the living room stealthily.

I see Jacob sitting on the couch. His head is rested in his hands. In a way I can feel his pain, a father to father pain that we both share. "Jacob?" I question.

"I did not mean to wake you. Go back to bed." Jacob said.

"Trust me, I was not asleep. I was watching Sam sleep. Look about what you walked into." I started but his look cut me off.

"What I walked into was something that should have happened long age. George and I both knew it would eventually happen. But, Son, you are and Sam were too stubborn to realize it until now."

Jacob was right. I did not know what I had until the threat of losing it comes into play. I look at my watch and notice that is in only 2200 hours. Sam and I have been home and in bed together since 1000 hours.

"Come into the Kitchen. I do not want to wake Sam. And I know I need someone to talk to right now." Jacob said and I agree.

I walk over to the counter and put on a pot of Coffee. And then I rummage through the fridge for something to eat. "Jacob?"

"Sorry, I was thinking. There is so much that my little girl has not done. She has never been married. Never had the chance to have a little girl of her own. Just now she has realized her true love. Her soul mate." I was shocked about the last part. "Jack, above all else and anyone else, she will need you the most."

I look at Jacob; "I am not going anywhere. I will not leave her. In fact, I am going to talk to General Hammond about getting pulled off gate travel until Sam can go on gate travel again. I plan on being with her every step of the way."

"You are?" I expected that question, but I did not expect to hear it from Sam.

"Now didn't I put you to bed and were you not suppose to be asleep?" I reply getting up from the Chair and meeting Sam.

"Yes you did, and last time I checked, you were with me. But I am starving. I have less than 2 hours to eat before I can have no food and water." Sam said. She walked over to her Dad then.

"Hey Sammy." He said. They both hugged and I could tell Sam was crying again. "Oh Sammy, like Jack, I am here for you."

"Why don't you two sit down and I will cook some dinner. You do have food in this Place, Right Sam?" I ask giving her one of my trademark smile and a kiss as I pull the chair out for her.

The tension in the room drifted into laughter. The three of us spent time together (well I have to say it) as a family.

Part Five: All Day

Teal's POV

To say that I know what is going on is a falsehood. On Chu'lak, we do not have to deal with these things. Our Symbiot protects us from that kind of illness. I find it troubling that Major Carter would refuse a Tok'ra or the use of a Sarcophagus if one was available, but having see her wishes, I am not about to commence forward on a course that would deviate from that wish. Nor will I allow anyone to do that to her as well.

I rode in with General Hammond this morning. We were in fact there before the others arrived. The look on Major Carter's face showed absolute fear. She clung to her father and Colonel O'Neill as of she was afraid to let go. I had never seen her so afraid in the time I have known her.

WE all came into the room when they were admitting her to the hospital. She seemed to panic when they tried to stick and IV in to her. It took Colonel O'Neill, General Carter, General Hammond and myself holding onto her to get her calm. It was that moment that I decided that I needed to know more of what was going on.

"It is time to take Major Carter to Pre-op. Everyone must leave. I will give you all a few minutes." The nurse said. One by one everyone left the room.

When I went to give my well wished, Major Carter took hold of my hand, "Teal'c can you stay a bit. I need to talk to you." Then she looked around the room. Just her father and Colonel O'Neill remained. "Alone please." Sam asked and they graciously left the room but a minute.

"How may I be of assistance, Major Carter?" I asked wondering why she would want to see me alone.

"Teal'c, I know you may be curious as to what is going on, but I am going to ask something of you that I cannot ask anyone else. I know if I start, then the others will refuse to hear me out."

I bow my head indicating that I will listen to her completely. She motions for me to sit next to her, so I do. I also take her had which I have never done. But I know comfort is essential at a time like this.

"Teal'c, there is a chance that I will not make this, or that things will turn out worse then what it is. I need you to promise me that you will not let anyone give me a symbiot, or allow me to lose my soul in a sarcophagus." There were tears in her eyes, and I can feel them building up in my own as well.

"I promise you this. I will make sure your wishes are up held." Then Major Cater slipped me an envelope.

"This defines all my wished. I am trusting this to you Teal'c"

"I will hold this with my utmost honor." I reply. "I shall get Colonel O'Neill and General Carter for you now."

I get up and she then grabs my arm. "Teal'c, Take care of Jack for me." I feel the pain emanating from my chest. I have the desire to stop her. To me that said that she believes that she will not survive.

"I will, I promise," I have little choice, I cannot stay in the room much longer. I leave and head out into the waiting room.

One Major Carter went into surgery, my companions changed. I decide to go down stairs for substance for the group. I find a bookstore in the hospital and go in. I decided that I want to learn more about this Breast Cancer. I buy every book that they have and head back upstairs with the books and the Coffee in hand.

I open a book and begin to read. I am astonished as to all that will or could occur to Major Carter. I read the portion over treatment and wonder how chemotherapy could make Major Carter better if the side effects are to make her violently ill. This is indeed a strange culture.

I take the time to observe the others. General Carter appears to be on the phone. By the sound of things, he is trying to make amends with his son.

I look over at Daniel Jackson. All he seems to be doing is stilling on the chair rocking back and forth. He had been doing that since he came into this room over 4 hours ago.

Dr. Fraiser is holding a conversation with General Hammond. Mostly about the SGC, but I do here comments about a sedative and Colonel O'Neill. I can see why.

Colonel O'Neill seems to be more impatient then ever. He has stopped every member of the medical staff at the hospital, says the same thing, "Can you tell me what is going on with Sam Carter? GO find out!" I am sure that he would be kicked out soon.

I go back to my reading, but occasionally I observe the others. They are all still doing the same thing.

About 6 hours later the Surgeon comes into the room and everyone just stops and looks at him. General Carter moves next to Colonel O'Neill.

"I wish I had better news. When we went in, we found that the Cancer was more extent that the Mammograms had indicated. We also removed a majority of her lynthnodes as well. The good news is I am fairly confident that we did get all of the Cancer cells. We are hoping now that it did not get into the blood stream. I ordered a Spinal fluid Biopsy, or a spinal tap, to make sure that we are now not dealing with Leukemia. That will be done in the morning. She is coming out of recovery and is being taken to her room, She will sleep but you all may go see her."

The Doctor then shook all of our hands and we headed into the room

Part Six: Aftermath of Surgery

General Hammond's POV

I sit there in the room. Sometimes I feel that Sam is my own daughter. In many ways she is the daughter that I never had. In other ways, she is the object of my son's desire. I also think of Colonel O'Neill as my son. I have known for quite sometime now the feeling that go on between them two. I truly believe that I knew before they knew themselves.

I sat many nights debating whether or not to separate them. The regulations being what they are, but they so compliment each other well. I fear that if they do go to separate SG teams, I will not get the quality if work that I get from them now. It seems that Jack is starting to do all his work and has been going to the lab to help out. I could be just a rouge to get closer to her. But right now, who is complaining?

It pains me to see such a horrid thing happening to Sam. I was there and I saw what it did to her father. He died once in front of me. I do not think that neither I nor anyone else in this room could take her death. What scares me most is what Jack would do.

I hear a moan and out of instinct I turn my head. I see that Sam is waking up. I decide to go over to her bed. I am just as concerned. I stand next to Jacob ho has her right hand. I look across to her left and I see Jack as close as he can get to her.

"Hey, Major, how are you doing?" I grin as I see her blue eyes open.

"Sam, speak to us. Give us you name and Rank." Janet calls out.

Sam is in a very groggy state and she opens her mouth. "Samantha O'Neill, Rank General."

Her eyes close once more and we all just look over at Jack. "Something you want to tell us, Son?" I ask Jack.

"Well as soon as I find out, I will tell you, but when were you going to tell us that you promoted her to General?" Jack smiles back at me. Personally I find it funny, and judging by the look on the other's faces, so do they.

"Hey everyone, you did not have to say." Sam had completely awakened this time.

"Of course we did, we are a family and well are here through thick and think." The others agreed with me. But I know deep down that this fight will be worse the one with the Gou'ald and harder, not to mention that this fight is just starting.

Part Seven: Changing Tunes

Janet's POV

I am so tired. But it is my duty as Sam's Doctor and as Sam's friend that I am there for her every step of the way. Tonight is going to be another hurdle.

"Dr. Fraiser, I am glad you are here. I suppose you want to discuss Major Carter." Dr. Adams said.

"Actually you are right, I want to discuss her treatments." I said. It had already been discussed about how treatments are going to run. After Sam gets out of the hospital, all her Chemotherapy would be done at the SGC. Of course we have not told them that. We mostly put that as the main option. We all know how Sam is about working.

"Well because of the extensiveness of the cancer growth that she already has shown, I want to put her on a real strong treatment, 5 days a week. That is only to begin with. When we start seeing a decline of the cancer cells, then we will back off. It is not going to easy or pleasant. Some of the medicines that go into the treatment are going to make her sicker than she has ever been before. I want to keep her in the hospital until we know for sure her reactions. Probably in two weeks you will be doing this at the base." Adams was blunt about it. "This is your first time to do this sort of medicine. Let me tell you Doctor, you are going to wish that you were not the one doing it. Even though I have been doing this for over 20 years now, It tears me up. It is hard to see a child during a treatment, or a completely independent woman who just found true love with a life ahead of her, or even a man in his 90's. Each case is unique."

I took a deep breath. I hope I am warned enough as to what will happen. I knew all the physical things that could happen. Both Teal'c and Cassie come to me and ask me questions over things that they read that they was more explanation about.

Adams and I both got up at the same time. It was time to discuss things with Sam about what was going to happen and then give her what was sure to be the first of several treatments. I just hope can live up to his promise and be there with her the entire time. If you are asking, yourself how I know that he promised her that, well the answer is simple. If you loved her like Jack does, wouldn't you promise her the same thing?

Entering the room, I notice Sam is sitting in a Chair, Jack is very close to her in another chair and Jacob Carter is across from them. It seems that Sam has been writing something out. I am curious as to what it might be but I cannot let curiosity get the better of me.

Out of some gut instinct like a scared Child, When Sam saw us, she immediately took Jacks hand and held it tight. Jack took his open hand and covered her griping hand.

"Sam, this is Dr. Leif Adams. He is the best." I introduce him to her, then to the rest of the group. "Dr. Adams, this is Major Carter, Major Carter's father - General Carter, and Colonel O'Neill."

"Well there is no easy way to discuss this, so I am just going to come out and say it. The rapid growth of the Cancer in your body has me real concerned, thought the majority of the cancer was removed with the mastectomy, it still invades your body. Now is the time for aggressive action. I want to start a powerful chemotherapy treatment. You will be here the next couple of weeks so that we can assess how it will effect you." Adams said.

"Do it. When do we begin?" Sam replied.

"Sam, don't you want to think about this before making a decision. Remember I have been through this. It is a big step." Jacob looked at her.

"This is a fight. A fight that I am prepared to fight and win. I am going all the way. When do we begin?" Sam said.

"In about 10 minutes." Adams replied. Looking around I notice a positive smile on Jack's face.

I watch Adams carefully as he starts the injections into Sam. The first one seemed to be ok. I see the smile on her face as she turns to me, "Gee that is not so bad." I give her a smile, but I know she will be singing a different tune in a minute.

Injection number 2 did change the look on Sam's face. She seemed to grimace a bit more. "Sam are you alright?" I ask knowing that may be a stupid question.

"Sorry, This one is making me feel a bit funny. I can't explain it." Sam said.

On third injection seemed to really show its power Sam calmly and casually said, "Ow that stings."

"I understand that Major Carter, but it does work. Just one more minute, and we will be done."

After the minute, Adams started with the 4th injection. "Hey, wait a minute, I thought that you said that you will be done." Sam had pulled her hand, which had the IV, away from Adams.

"Meant with that injection. Now I have one last injection for you, and I have to warn you, it will be the worse." Adams said as Sam gave him back her hand.

Jack moved around her and held her tight. Jacob took hold of her Shoulder. I could tell that Selmac had taken control of Jacob's body. I could only imagine what it would be like for a parent to see their child in. and have no way to control it. If it were to ever happen to Cassie...

I could hear Sam trying to stifle the moans of pain. She wanted to put of a brave front. Someone should tell her that she could still fight and have feelings at the same time.

When it was all over, things calmed down a bit. Jack helped Sam into bed and laid with her until she went to sleep.

When Hammond came by, we all exited the room.

"How is she?" he asked.

"Well she is a fighter. She took the first treatment." I said from a medical standpoint.

"I hate to do this but I need to put a status on her. Last thing I want to do is replace her, but..." Hammond said. It was evident that he had spoken to the powers that be and they are pressuring him to do something.

"Sir, I have a suggestion." Jack started. "We all know that Sam is now off of gate travel field teams for a while. Lets keep SG1 for special use teams and re assign Danny and Teal'c to SG2, for the time being. I prefer not to go off world." Jack then head up his fingers the way he does when he is trying to make a point. "I know what you are going to say, but I will not leave Major Carter, Sam, while this is going on. I know it should not have happened, but I lover her too much and I WILL not let her do this alone." I grinned at Jack. It was about time he confessed the truth.

"That is ok, but what about Major Carter when you are working on base?" Hammond said.

It was time I butted in on this conversation. "Major Carter, could be put on light Duty in her Lab. Colonel O'Neill could act as her Lab assistant when his paperwork is done. We could also do her treatment there on base. That way, Sam is still working and everyone will be happy."

"And her track record of overworking?" Hammond said.

"That can be part of my duties as well. Making sure she does not overdue it." Jack said. The attentions turned back to the room where a crash was heard.

Rushing in, I notice the IV Pole had fallen over and that it was strewn in the direction of the bathroom. Sam's hand with the IV extended out so that the IV would not be pulled out, however, she was hutched over the toilet vomiting.

I quickly moved to elevate the IV Pole and move it closer and Jack had moved to Sam to comfort her at this time. With things calming, Jack helped Sam to bed. Hammond, witnessing the recent event turned to me, "Doctor, I like you idea, and Colonel O'Neill's idea. I will implement them immediately."

I turned and looked at the scene that unfolded in front of me. 'This is going to be a long fight.' I said to myself.

Part Eight: Back to Work

Sam's POV
Three Weeks Later

Well this is the moment of truth. Today I go back to work. Light Duty mind you. Since my release from the hospital, I have been staying with Jack. My Dad went back to the Tok'ra and I have been doing all I can to keep from going stir crazy. Work will be a pleasant change. Jack, I can tell is not real ready for this. I think if he had his way, he would keep me in bed. That would not be such a bad idea if he would stay in bed with me all of the time.

First clue that your lover is not ready for you to go back to work would be that he forgot to pick up your fatigues from the base. That was an easy cure though. I will just wear his. I take one more look in the mirror and go out into the kitchen.

"Morning," I say as I wrap my arms around Jacks neck and begin to kiss him. "You know what today is don't you?"

"Say, lets play hooky and go to a hockey game." Jack suggests. Ok so that is the second clue that you lover is not ready for you to go back to work. He is trying to find things for you to do.

"Alright, Jack, I have had enough. I have tons of stuff to do in my lab. Do you not want me to go back because of what may happen? Or is it because you are now going to be my lab assistant? Or is it that this is my first treatment on base and I get my chest bandages off today?" Suddenly it all sank in. This will be the first look at what I don't have anymore. I sank into the chair.

"Sam? Sam? Are you alright?" Jack moved closer now on his knees in front of me.

"Jack, this is now me." I say softly.

"Sam, hold that though." Jack backed away and went into the other room with the phone. Minutes later, Jack was back. "Sam, it is not that bad. I love you, no matter what."

I moved in closer to kiss him, but he had other ideas. Jack pulled off my shirt to reveal the white bandages that went around my chest. Then he took me by the hand and escorted me to the bedroom. Standing me in front of his dresser mirror, he turned me to look directly at it. Then Jack carefully tugged at the bandage and started to take it off.

"Jack!" I panicked a bit.

Jack moved in front of me and kissed me. Instinctively I closed my eyes. Jack continued with the bandages but never broke the contact with our lips. That was until he was done and the bandage was on the floor.

"Sam, Love, open your eyes." Jack said taking my hands into his.

"I can't look." I say.

"It is part of the war that you vowed to fight and win. But if you will not open your eyes then," Jack then took my hands that were in his and ran them up along. Together we felt my chest. I started to cry. "It is alright, Sam. You are beautiful." Then I felt what I was not expecting. Jack slowly moved down and started to kiss that area on my chest. The sensation was overwhelming. I smiled and then pulled Jacks face to mine and I kissed him passionately. It was then that I knew that I had to do everything I can to be with Jack the rest of both of our lives.

Two hours late for work, Jack and I finally show up at the base. Things seem a bit quiet for the base. There at the Gate stood General Hammond. "You two are late. I expected more out of you two. You two will come with me." The General yelled. I took a step back. I do not think I had ever done so much to warren this type of anger before. Jack just took my hand and we followed General Hammond.

"Major, you will wait here, while I discuss things with The Colonel here." I took a deep breath. Because of me, Jack was now going to get into trouble.

Twenty minutes passed before the door opened again. Hammond stepped through fuming. "I expected more out of you, Major, get into my office." I walked through the door to see Jack standing right there.

Like the trained soldier I was, I stood there at attention and waited for Hammond to lay in. Instead of that he turned. "I think I will deal with you after the briefing that I had to postpone 2 hours. Now get into the Briefing room!" Hammond ordered.

I was more shocked when I saw the Banner that read 'Welcome Back Sam!' And almost all of the SGC there in attendance. I looked over at Hammond and he came over and hugged me. "Well I had to keep you busy some how." He said as we parted.

I hugged almost everyone, but always I keep in close proximity to Jack. The part was great but everyone knew they at they had to get back to work, so the party died down very quickly. SG1 was left in the briefing room in the end.

"So here we are again. We are back together." Daniel said.

"That is until you ship out with SG2 in 30 minutes." I added. I would tell you how I know but I would not want Jack to find out.

I started to yawn a bit. This party did wear me out. I seem to tire more and more. Jack notices, "Say Major, why don't we go check to see if everything is where you left it in your Lab. Danny, Teal'c, Make sure you bring back some toys for Sam to play with on your mission."

"Oh we will. Take care Sam." Daniel said and then left. Teal'c gave his comments and followed Daniel.

"Well Ma, I think out little bays are all grown up." Jack said and I smiled back. We started to walk to the lab. Jack then looked at his watch. "You know it is time that you and I go see Doc Fraiser."

I sigh, "Yeah I know. Lets go." And then it begins. The vicious cycle of drugs then vomiting begins again for the day.

Part Nine: Race for the Cure

Jack's POV
(As you can tell, now the time frame is going to be more spread out now that the initial hump is over.)

I lay in bed just watching Sam sleep. I have been doing this every morning for the past three and a half months now. Besides being there for Sam, I wish there was more I could do. I want to take it all away.

We did get good news yesterday. Sam is now down to 2 chemotherapy treatments a week and the dosage has been cut in half. We spent last night celebrating in our own private way. That is how we preferred it.

I get out of bed and go into the kitchen. I turn on the TV to watch the news while I get the coffee started and the paper. I suddenly stop what I am doing to watch the weather report.

"Alan Banks is at the Cancer foundation in Colorado Springs this morning with your weather. Alan?" the anchor of the news announced.

"Morning everyone. For those just joining, I am here at the Cancer foundation and today is the annual registration day for 'Race for a Cure' it is the annual Marathon for breast cancer research. Here we have Sophie Willams. She founded the Marathon in this area."

"That's right. It all started when my sister was diagnosed 10 years ago. She has been in remission for almost 9 and a half years now."

"That great. Now what would someone have to do to enter the marathon?" Alan asked.

"Just come by the office we are open now until midnight tonight." Sophie said.

"And the office is here at Parks and Shepherd. Ok your forecast today will be a high of 57 and clear." I tuned Alan out after that. I headed over to the phone and started making some phone calls.

"Hello," Said a very groggy Daniel on the other end of the line. In the background I could hear a distinct doctor say, "Daniel just shoot him."

"Danny, I did not realize that Janet was giving you a complete physical at home. Maybe I should call back." I said finding it hard not to laugh.

"Jack it is alright. What do you need? Is Sam alright?" Daniel asked. It was then that I notice that Janet grumbled a lot less.

"Danny, I was wondering of you would be interested in running in a 10 k marathon for Sam this weekend. It is to help breast cancer research." I said. I wanted to try and get as many people from the SGC to do this not just for Sam but for all the people infected.

"You bet I would." Daniel said. Then I gave Daniel all the information. When I finished, I left myself to go and register.

When I got there, I was surprised. It seemed that half of the SGC was there already. They were signing up for Sam. Alan came over to all of us in Fatigues or uniforms and decided that he wanted to put us on the news.

"All of you are here for the Marathon. There has never been such a turn out of military personnel before. Might I put you all on." I was skeptical but I though about what this was about and decided to it. All of us gathered together.

Daniel and Teal'c stood beside me along with Feretti and Janet on either side of them. Suddenly the cameral came on.

"Thanks Linda, I am here for the Annual Race for the Cure registration and I have here with me A group of Airforce personnel along with some Marines and civilian contractors stationed here at Norad. What might I ad brings you all out to sign up?"

Because she is my Sam, I became the spokesman.

"One very special Major is currently fighting the battle with breast cancer. Our Major is special. Without her, our department would just crumble. We are here to support her in her fight. And it is not just for her, but it is for every one." I was not sure I could say that much. But I did.

"She sounds real special. And I am sure I speak for us all when I say we hope she is prevailing in her fight. Thank-you." Alan said and then turned. "And now for your five day forecast..."

"Thanks, Guys for coming out." I say not really sure how they found out.

"Well when Danny called the base, General Hammond made an announcement. Jack honestly, I do not know how we beat you here." Feretti said.

"After I got off the phone with Space Monkey here, I did have to shower and such. Look I have to go home and get Sam, and we will see you all later." I then claimed back into my car and headed home.

When I got home, Sam was sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee in her hands and watching the news. I moved over to sit next to her. She leaned forward and put the cup on the coffee table. She then turned to me.

"I cannot believe what I just saw 15 minutes ago." I took a gulp. I cannot tell Sam's reaction. Well that was for a minute. A tear fell from her eye.

"Sam?"

"Jack, That had to be the best thing anyone one has ever done for me. And to have half of the SGC there as well made it all sweet. Oh the things you do Jack O'Neill. I love you very much." Sam then moved close.

I take my thumbs and wipe away her tears and we kiss passionately. "Sam, I want you in my life forever." I say then I get up and move over to the entertainment center/bookshelf. I reach behind the TV to reveal a small box. "I was going to wait and give this to you when we celebrate you remission, however I cannot wait."

I take my spot next to Sam again. "I love you Major Samantha Carter. It scares me every day that I may lose you. I do not want that. I want to be with you always. I want you as my wife. Forever. So Sam, will you be my wife?"

I cannot believe I just did that. Sure I did that one before with Sara, but this time, this time with Sam is a lot different. First of all I am no longer a child, I am an adult.

"Yes. I will marry you," Sam then had a smile on her face, "Colonel."

I slip the ring on her finger, then we get up and go to the base.

The Marathon happened the following Saturday. Teal'c actually won, but we all completed the 10 k.

Part Ten: The Need for SG1

Jacob's POV

"No!" I protested. I cannot believe what the council was suggesting. Selmac assured me. This was indeed a surprise. Selmac rarely goes against the council.

I turned to look at Telmak as he spoke. "Jacob, we know of your need to protect your daughter through her illness, however, if we are to win our battle with the Gou'ald, then SG1, including Major Carter, must with the representatives of the Furlings. This is of their request."

I have no choice but to slightly relent, "I will go and talk with SG1, however if they choose that now is not the time for Samantha to travel, or I get there and her health is failing, then we must offer an alternative. Thor will have to make them understand. I just want to make it clear that I protest against this."

"Jacob, we need them." Anise (ok Tok'ra Spice hehe you got me to say it. But I have a better name) said.

"That is the best offer that I can make at this time." I said.

"That is not good enough." Anise again replied.

"IT IS GOING TO HAVE TO BE!" I yelled with all my emotions behind my words. "I am taking Charlie with me and we will leave immediately." I then left the chamber and headed to my area where I gathered my things including my GDO and Charlie. Together we headed to the Stargate.

Jack's POV

I sit here in Dr. Adam's waiting room with Sam. I am becoming more concerned for her with each passing day. Although she would not admit it, she has become more tired. She takes about 2 naps a day now. She is right now resting up against my arms. I hold her tight as she closes her eyes.

Shivers go up and down her body. I cannot tell if she is cold or scared. I for one am scared. Today we are getting the results back from the major tests she had run last week.

"Major Carter." The nurse called. I nudged Sam and then took hold of her as we walked through the door. "First off lets check your weight." The nurse continued directing Sam to the scale. I watch and sigh at the result. I know that this is going to be a discussion the Doctor is going to talk to us about. Then the Nurse took Sam's blood pressure. That will be point number 2 that he will bring up.

We finally get into an exam room and Sam then sits in the chair. "Hey, why don't you hop upon the table, you could sleep some." I suggest looking at her weary eyes. She in return gives me a hateful glance.

"I am happy in the chair. I am sick of exam tables. To be honest, I am sick of all this, Jack." Sam scowled. "I don't want to do this anymore."

"Do what?" I ask knowing the answer.

"Fight this!" Sam yelled.

Now I felt sick inside. This was another thing I was told to expect, however, I did not expect it out of My Sam. I knew compassion would not work right now. What she needed was her CO. I jumped off of the table and stood in front of her. "Major, does my ears deceive me or are you going AWOL from this war? Giving up is not an option." I started in on her.

Sam looked at me with those same hateful eyes. "With all due respect, SIR, you cannot order me to fight a war that I am going to lose."

That did it for me. This was the first time Sam gave up on anything and accepted defeat. I am not going to stand for it. "You never gave up on anything before. Why start now? You have faced tougher odds and prevailed. This is no different."

"This is different. This is happening inside me." Sam said.

"Right, it is but we are all going through this with you. Granted your part is the hardest, but Sam, you are far from alone. We need you to fight. I need you to fight." I get on my knees and move close in front of her. "I need you. Without you, there is no meaning in life for me."

Sam started crying and I grabbed her and held her tight. "Let's see what the doc has to say." I suggest before she even considers quitting.

We hop up on the table and I pull Sam onto my lap, holding her as if I was holding a child.

General Hammond's POV

"Unscheduled incoming traveler." The announcement was made as the alarms went off. I get out of my desk and rush down to the control room.

"Do we have a signal, Son?" I ask.

"None yet, hold on. Computer recognized IDC belonging to General Carter." Simmons said.

"Open the Iris. I commanded. About a year ago, we decided to give Jacob his personal GDO and IDC code. That decision came so we know if it was him or some other Tok'ra. It was actually Jack's idea after all the fiasco with Anise. Don't tell him this but I agree with him on this one.

I go down to the Embarkation room to greet Jacob. I also find myself greeting his small companion. "Welcome Jacob, Charlie. What do we owe the pleasure?"

"George, can we talk to you?" Jacob asked.

"Sure, we can go into my office." I say.

"General Hammond?" Charlie started.

"Yes, Charlie." I ask remembering that he is no longer called 'son.'

"May I have more ice cream?" Charlie asked. I put a smile on my face. I notice that Jacob did too.

I looked around the room and picked the first person my eyes came to. "Lt. Colonel Feretti, why don't you find Charlie some ice cream."

"Yes, Sir." Feretti said and they were off.

As Jacob and I walked up to the office, I turned to Lt. Simmons. "Son, Page colonel O'Neill, Tell him that Jacob is here and that he and Major Carter need to come to the SGC when they are finished."

"Yes, sir."

We made it up the stairs and I closed the door to my office. We were both seated and comfortable before I opened my mouth. "What is this all about Jacob? I know that look on your face." I said. He then went into the details of what the Tok'ra suggested.

Sam's POV

I look into Jack's eyes and thinking that I was a fool for thinking the way I did. How could I give up on my life? Giving up on this is the same as giving up on a life with Jack. I could never do that. I smile at Jack and caress his Cheek.

"I am sorry." I say. I truly am.

"I know you are love." Jack responded then by a kiss. I went more into the kiss making it more passionate as if this was our first kiss that we shared.

Our kiss was interrupted but a loud clearing of the throat sound. "Am I interrupting anything here?" Dr. Adams said.

"Yea, Doc. A little foreplay." Jack said.

"Well, if you do not mind, I am running a clinic here. The Sex workshop is in the next building." I laugh, and I feel my cheeks blush. "Well Major, Lets talk here. I am concerned about your weight. You have lost another 5 pounds since you last appointment. You now weigh 108. I do not like that. If you lose anymore, I am going to pull you from active duty, and place you in the hospital until you gain weight."

"We wouldn't want that." Jack whispered in my ear. I feel myself sinking like a child being yelled at.

"And you low blood pressure concerns me as well." The Doc added.

"I agree with that. And Doc, she has been tired more and sleeps a lot. Like she has lost energy." I look at Jack. It is almost as if I am not in the room. I did not want the Doc knowing.

"I can fix that I hope. I want to put you on a drug called Procrit. It should help with you fatigue, and it should also should help with your low blood pressure." The Doc then turned and made notes. He handed the prescription to Jack.

"Alright, We have all the test results back now and I have good news and bad news. I think it is better to start with the bad news. I am upping the dosage to you treatments a bit." I could not stop the tears started flowing. Upping the dosage means it is getting worse.

"Hey, Sam, it is ok." Jack said as he brushed the tears from my face, "Lets hear the good news before we think the worse."

"Major, he is right, I am reducing you down to one treatment a week. You are getting better. I promise." The Doc said.

"I am?" I questioned.

"Yes, in fact it is amazing how fast you are recovering." The Doc smiled.

That was a bit weight lifted off of my shoulders. I was afraid that I might be getting worse. And here I was thinking about giving up when I was winning. How stupid is that?

Suddenly Jacks beeper goes off.

"Listen you two. I have already called Dr. Fraiser about the changes to the treatments, so you are good to go. Have Fun." The doc then exited the room.

"Sam, beautiful, you are winning." Jack sad as he dug down in his pocket for his beeper. "Let say we go and tell, Dad." I look at him.

"Apparently, Dad is at the SGC."

Jacob's POV

"Dad?" I hear the voice of an angel from behind me. Well she is to me. I and I bet she is to Jack as well. It has been several months since I have been able to return to see how things are going. She has a good expression on her face even though she looks like she has been through hell.

"Hey there. Have a seat. We have been waiting for you two." I motion them to the table where General Hammond, Dr. Jackson, Teal'c and Doctor Fraiser are all waiting.

She looks at me then she sits. "Ok, the reason I am here is to tell you all something that could aid in winning over the Gou'ald. I am totally against the idea but I promised the Council that I would in fact leave the decision up to you. Thor has visited with the Tok'ra. Apparently the Furlings are wanting to meet the Tau'ri. Here is the deal. They want to meet with all the members of SG1."

"When do we move out?" Sam said ready to do.

"Just wait a minute, Kiddo. The mission would take you away from earth for about a month. There is no way you are skipping any of your treatments to go." Jacob said as her father.

"Don't you think that is my decision? How often is it when we are requested to meet with a member of the Alliance of Nations? If this helps Earth, the I am in for it." Sam says.

"Sam?" Jack started to protest.

"Look, Doctor Fraiser is out only physician we have right now, so she cannot go. I am afraid it is out of the Question Major." General Hammond said backing me up. Way to go George.

"Jack?" Sam says with a pleading eye. He then gives in.

"Look, the Doc decreased her treatments to once a week, and he did say that she was on the road to recovery. I can give her the treatments. I have been doing it for the past 3 months anyway."

"He is right he can do it better than I can." Janet said helping her Cause. All of a sudden, things seem to going the other way then what they were suppose to be.

"Dad, I really do appreciate what you are doing, but this is my Job, my life. Let me do it." Sam then uses those puppy dog eyes on me. I just melted.

"Alright," Ok so I caved in. It was not the first time and it was not the last.

"Alright SG1 you have a go. You will embark at 0800 tomorrow. Dismissed." Hammond said. The as he got up to leave, Sam and Jack stood up like Soldiers should.

"Dad." Sam called out as everyone was leaving. I stayed behind along with Sam and Jack.

"Yeah, Kiddo?" I smile at her. Though I disagreed with her going on the mission, she made me proud.

"Sir, I would like you permission to marry your daughter." All I could think when Jack asked was 'It is about Damn time.'

"Jack, You do not need my permission or my blessing because you already have my daughter's heart and that is all you need. And I think you could call me Dad now." I say. The smile on Sam's face was the best smile I have seen from her in a long, long time.

Part Eleven: Mixed Feelings

Janet's POV

I often find myself dwelling on the 'What ifs' lately. As selfish as this sounds, it is mostly, 'What if it was me.' Could I be as brave as Sam is? Sam is not in the locker room packing her dress uniform and changing into a BDU getting ready to go through the Stargate. Her body is going through hell, but that does not stop her from doing her duty. What if I got this? Then I have no idea what I would do. I know I would draw my strength from Sam.

I decide to go to the locker room and check on Sam once more. I walk in and the room is empty. "Sam," I call out softly. It was than I noticed a noise coming from the stalls. I walk over and notice Sam sitting on the floor by a toilet. I rush over to her and rub her back. This is all I can do to ease things. Sam looks up to me and I sit down beside her.

"For crying out loud Janet. Why am I still..." Sam started but then, and pardon the expression, offered her sacrifice to the porcelain God.

"You know you have been spending too much time with Colonel O'Neill." I offer to cheer her up. Sam just looked at me like Cassandra does when she is sick. "I am sorry, Sam. This is an unfortunate side effect."

"But it is much worse than before." Sam choked out.

"I know but it is going to be give and take. This part is going to be worse that before because the drugs are stronger, but you only have to do this once a week." I then sighed and got up, "Look, I need to tell Colonel O'Neill about this. You better get cleaned up and ready to go."

"Janet, No. I do not want him to think I have become weak." Sam said as she got up. Looking at her, I could tell the nausea has passed.

"Sam, Honey, it would not make you appear weak. If anything this will make you stronger. It has made you stronger. You are my hero. I cannot do what you do. What you are doing." Sam and I hugged as I let her cry things out a bit. I then pointed her to her locker. "Major Carter, time to get ready to ship out." Sam smiled and I left the locker room.

Before I was out of Earshot I heard Sam say, "Thanks Janet. You are my Hero too."

Sam's POV

I walked up to the door to the embarkation room. I can hear Jack ranting and raving, "Does anyone else think this is a bad idea?" I knew what he was referring to. Or shall I say whom. I decide to make my way to the control room. I like to double-check the calculations anyway. However, before I did, another voice caught my attention.

"Yeah, I do." Dad said. That confirmed it.

I walked into the control room and leaned over a terminal.

"Major Carter? Shouldn't you be with your team?" General Hammond said.

"Just double checking the calculations, Sir." I said. Well what was I supposed to say? It was the truth after all. OK partial truth.

"Of course. It has been a long time." General Hammond said.

"Too long." I rebutted.

"Never realized how much I missed you doing this until now." He said. Here I thought that generals were suppose to remain objective about those under their command. I guess that is what makes the SGC special. General Hammond cares.

"Time to Ship out, Major." He tells me

"Yes, Sir" I say with a smile and grab my gear. I head down to the embarkation room. As I enter, I finalize securing my backpack, before putting it on my back.

I walk in and people stare at me, "Where have you been, Major?" Jack asks me.

"Just double checking my calculations." I said giving Jack a wink.

As the Chevrons were engaging, I started to put my pack on my back, "Major, I will carry..."Jack started.

"That Ok, sir. I got it." I say knowing where this is going.

"Sam, It's just...." Jack went again.

"Damn it, Jack. I said I got it!" I snapped. "Look, I am sorry. It is just I need to do it. Prove I am no burden to anyone."

"Oh Sam, you are never that." Jack said and he helped fasten my pack on me.

"Chevron Seven locked." Simmons called out.

The Stargate illuminated vibrantly as it always has every time I see it. Just as always, Daniel and Teal'c go through first, followed by my father, and finally Jack and I bring up the rear.

I was prepared going through the gate to experience it like it was the first time I went through. I guess with that in mind, Since I knew what to expect things were really not that bad.

On the other side of the gate, Thor greeted us. "O'Neill, I am pleased that you and your team has joined us. I did hear all that is going on. Samantha Carter, I do wish you well. The Furlings insisted that you two Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter, be the Liaisons that they talk to. The leader of the summit is Fortash. He will be your direct contact."

Jack and I both nod and we are sent to a room where we can get ready. "Jack." I say looking at him change into his dress shirt. He looks at me with his eyes. "Thank-you, for doing this." I say to him. Jack still remains silent and walks over to me. I am half dressed in my pantyhose, slip and dress blue shirt.

Jack gives me a passionate kiss. "I will walk the universe for you." Jack then takes me into his embrace again. Ok we kissed again. I just live the kissing part.

We pull ourselves away from each other and manage to finish getting ready. Just as we are about to exit, Dad walks in, "Sam, Jack, I do not like this much. I know what it is like Sammy. You need to be resting, not gallivanting the universe and saving it right now."

"Dad," I say trying not to sound too, oh what is the word, pissed, "Listen, I am fine. I cannot rest all of the time. As long as I have you and Jack with me then I know that I am going to make it."

"Sam, Dad is right. I don't like it." Jack turned to me.

"Listen guys, we are already here. We are going to be here for a couple of weeks. I will take it easy but I am not going to let this chance of a lifetime pass me up because if some evil cells in my body. Don't you guys listen to me? If this cancer ends up killing me, which by the way I won't let that happen, I would still rather be gallivanting the universe then in some bed waiting for die. I thought you two knew me and loved me enough to see that." I started to cry a bit, but before I could show that, I grabbed my jacket and headed out of the room. It was not long before I found Daniel and Teal'c.

Both Daniel and Teal'c looked at me, but I turned the other way and walked on. They soon followed. "Sam, wait up." I stop but do not turn around. They come and face me and Daniel could see the tears running from my eyes. "Sam, What happened?" Daniel asked.

"It was Dad and Jack. They think I am better off dying in some bed." I say.

"You have told me on numerous occasions Samantha that you refuse to let this kill you. Also by what you said yesterday, you are getting better. Why would they think you would die?" Teal'c asked.

"Thing is Teal'c it is an expression. They think things would be better if I were not here. They also probably think that they must take extra care of me. That is just not true. They want me to stop living just because I have something that can kill me." Sam stated crying had and it was Teal'c before Daniel that pulled Sam into his arms and let her cry on him.

"I think we should take a walk, Daniel Jackson." Teal'c said.

"I agree, lets go." Daniel said.

Daniel POV

We were exiting the building when Jack and Jacob caught up with us. "Sam." Jack called out to her. I turned to Teal'c, "Take her out, I will handle this." Teal'c nodded her head.

I stood there and blocked their path to Sam. "Get out of the way Danny, I need to talk to Sam."

"Jack, don't you think you have done enough talking to her. Just leave her alone. BOTH of you." I said. I think I had a very pissed tone because both of them seemed shocked. "Where do you get off telling her that she should not be here. She has every right to be."

"Danny you do not understand, she is Sick. This Cancer can wear her out and then she will not be strong enough to fight it." Jack said.

"Actually, Jack, you do not understand. I know she is sick. I was there when she told us. I was there when she had the surgery and when we were told it was much worse then what it was thought. But I have also been there for her when you weren't. There were times when she would for days without food or sleep. She mustered all the energy she could and when it seemed that she could not go anymore, she always found more energy. Gee when was that? Let me think. That was when you were trapped on Endora. Her love for you even back then made her keep going. And as for you General Carter, You as much as anyone else should know how important it is not to let this interfere with what you do in life. You two are her greatest support and you turned on her. Just leave her alone. Teal'c and I will take care of her and be there for her. She does not need you if you are going to be that way." I then turned and left Jack and Jacob standing in the doorway.

I walk a bit and I notice Teal's and Sam by the lake. Teal'c had a tight hold on Sam and was rocking her back and forth. What caught me off guard was the fact that Teal'c showed true genuine emotions. He was not as stiff and stolic as he always was.

I walk over and sit next to them. We just sit there looking at the lake.

Thor's POV

I cannot say that these humans do not confuse me. I do find it fascinating to watch them and their emotions. If one thing we do not have is all the emotions and love that the humans show. Maybe that is what makes us superior. Maybe that is that makes them superior in a different way.

I remember when Major Carter came and helped us win a major battle over the Replicators. When we won that battle, she hugged me. I had not experienced that before. She thought she hurt me but instead I was just confused. It was at that point that I first felt a human emotion.

I witnessed all that transpired. I did not mean to but I just did. I noticed that Major Carter was not physically hurting but emotionally hurting. I could not stand for this. Though I have great hopes for Colonel O'Neill, I do find that Major Carter is much more tolerable to be around. At least she can understand some of what I am saying.

Major Carter and Colonel O'Neill need to settle their differences. It is important that they do, however I would convince the Furlings to let Dr. Jackson be along side of Major Carter if Colonel O'Neill does not change his ways. I guess you humans might say I am taking Major Carter's side on this issue.

Furling General Assembly

"Colonel O'Neill, Major Carter" A tall thin woman said. "Welcome. You are to represent the Tau'ri. Though from what I hear, You are growing excellently, these next two weeks, you will need to prove yourself to be strong Allies to us. I know that you must be thinking that we should already know, however it is our way. Please go and rest, we begin tomorrow at first light. Sleep well." With that the Furling Representative was gone.

Jack's POV

I turn to Sam and look into her eyes. I then suddenly grab her and kiss her. She struggles a but then gets wrapped up in the kiss. When we break I look her in the eyes, "I am not liking this at all, but I am going to keep my mouth shut and be supportive, because this makes you happy and that is what I want."

Thor's POV

I look at the Furling representative, "They passed the first test." She said to me.

"They only just begun. They will pass them all." I say with great hope.

Part Twelve: Trials and Tribulations

Sam's POV

This first week seems as if we are in a convention rather than a conference for an alliance. I felt as if I was in high school, constantly stealing a glance at Jack, every chance I get. Since the little incident that occurred since we got here, I have not talked to him unless it had to do with the alliance. I spent most of my time with Daniel and Teal'c. They both have been great help, keeping Jack and Dad away from me. In all fairness, they are just concerned, but it also seems that since I got 'sick,' they do not trust me. Today though, things are going to change. I have to face Jack for my chemotherapy treatment.

I go to the room that has been isolated just for this. I am nervous, more nervous that actually going to see a doctor. Then it happens; Jack enters the room.

"Hey" Jack says to me.

"Hey I reply. We then sit there engulfed in awkward silence.

I can't stand it anymore. I decide to speak. "Jack."

Apparently Jack and I are thinking alike, because he says "Sam" at the same time. We kiss and without words, we say all we need to.

"Well I guess we better get this over with." Jack says referring to the Chemo. Jack gets the stuff ready and all I can do is sit there and watch him. I take special notice when he bends over gets something off the floor. Oh the View! "Hey, why are you not ready?" Jack asks referring to the fact that I have not undressed, well taken off my top. (Just incase you are wondering, I have a central line surgically inserted in my chest. It is easier to just take off my top.) "Sam, I have to know why is it you are prepared when Janet gives you the treatment, but now that I am giving it to you, I have to take your top off?" Jack then started to remove my top. Apparently he is not thinking. MEN! (No offence guys)

"Jack," I sigh acting all rational and scientific, "Janet does nothing got me if she takes off my top. Now you on the other hand..." I leave the sentence at that. You fill in the blank. I toy with Jack's collar for a minute; "This is not fair. I think you should take off your shirt too."

Jack gives me a wild mans grin, then he changes to an evil grin. "Ah, Sam, the thing is, If I take my shirt off, then I know you would not let me give you this stuff."

"Is that so bad?" I comment.

"Oh yeah." Jack says. I stare at him. "If I do not give you your drugs, then Janet will kill me after putting me many excruciating medical exams." Jack turned to the drugs and carefully inspected each syringe. Then he took and alcohol swab and cleaned my central line.

That night was the worse, about one-hour after my Chemotherapy, I began the joyous part. (Yes I am being sarcastic here). All night, I spent out in the wood, throwing up. Jack was right by my side and would not let anyone within 10 feet of me. It was way after dark when the nausea finally subsided and I was able to go back to our dwelling. This was the first night since we got here that Jack and I slept together in the same bed.

Jack's POV

I am not really sure as to how it happened, it just did. I once again find myself with the woman I love wrapped in my arms. How the hell could I ever doubt her ability? I never did. I just did not want her so far from home, but I am glad that she is here now. She is with me.

I wonder what Danny and Teal'c are going to do now this has happened. They have not exactly been real chummy with me this past week. They are only protective of Sam, but so am I. I still don't like Sam being off world, but we cannot do this without her. She has been the voice of reason in this alliance. I have to admit her Technobabble has gotten us through one or more of the challenges.

I lay her and watch her sleep. A few months ago, I was sure that I would be lying next to her then next thing I know she would not be there. It got rough for a while. A couple of times, I had Sam in the hospital for loss of blood. The Chemo caused her to not produce as much red blood cells as she had been, not to mention white cells as well. Well if we are going to do a tally here of things, I might also want to mention that she had the flu twice and spent time in the infirmary. Gee and they are getting onto me about being a jerk when all I want if for her to be well. I begin to stiffen. Maybe I should just drop it. There is nothing that I can say or do to change the fact that Sam is here. Let's face it. If anything was to happen to her and I was not with her, then I do not think I could live myself.

I snuggle closer to her and I hear her moan. She turns so that we are now chest to chest and she makes the effort to snuggle in even closer than before. There we sleep the night away.

Daniel's POV

OK, I have to admit I know Sam could not stay away from Jack for so long. I am surprised that she managed as long as she did. I am happy they are my best friends and they deserve to be together, but Jack can be such a butthead. Ok, not the most articulate of terms but it works.

(The One Week later)

Furling Temtaka's POV

I have spent most of the time the Tau'ri were here with Major Carter. She fascinates me. Her wisdom and knowledge goes beyond that which we have thought was common amongst the Tau'ri. Today, we are discussing her Naquida reactor and possible adaptations to the design. "Maybe if there was a substance that is lighter than lead but contain equal shielding possibilities, then maybe this reactor would be more maneuverable when aiding in other cultures." Sam said, this caught my attention.

"You aid other cultures?" I ask. I do not know why I have not asked before.

"Yes, almost all of the cultures that we know of come from Earth. We help them, not only as a sense of obligation because they are of our race but because we want to. It is out nature to help those who need it." Sam says.

"But should you not wait until they are mature enough to understand. One thing we have learned is not all of the Tau'ri are on the same level of maturity. That is what makes you partly immature. Another part is your lack of knowledge. When you reach maturity you also reach the pinnacle of you knowledge." I comment.

"I am sorry, I do not mean to be rude, but why would we want to be complete mature and knowledgeable. Half the adventure is learning. What is the point of being mature if there is noting else out there to learn." Sam said. She was basing maturity off of knowledge. That is how I put it.

Suddenly my attentions were turned when Colonel O'Neill. "I am sorry to interrupt, but Sam it is time."

"Time for what?" I inquire.

"Time for my drug treatment." Sam says.

"May I watch?" Ok Curiosity did get to me as well.

"Sure." Sam replied. We were then off. Watching the reactions to medicine, I can tell that it is not desired. I wonder why she just does not go about another way. I could with in 2 minutes cure her of her ailments.

I spent the rest of the day with the Major and observed her reactions to the drugs. It amazed me that something that was suppose to make her well, was indeed making her feel worse then what she has felt. I turn to her in attempt to find out her course of action.

"Major Carter, I can cure you right now and you will never have to do what ever you do again. If you like I will go get my things." I offer.

Sam gives me a look and replies, "That is not necessary. I will not need that. Thank-you for your offer though."

"Why, may I inquire?" Myself again.

"Because, I am not Furling, I am Tau'ri. I wish to fight this disease in the Tau'ri fashion. The Tau'ri will one day find the cure, until then I am no different from them. I will continue my fight the way I have. It is also not fair for me to go home cured when there are thousands of people like myself that cannot be instantly cured." Sam said.

I smile, then leave Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter. I meet up with the General assembly and give them a nod. "I believe the Tau'ri will be the most valuable if friends. They have much self worth within them. And their love is unlike ours. Their love makes them strong and united."

That night the Tau'ri were welcomed as friends of the Fulings and the next day they went through the Stargate back to their home. They left us with a symbol of friendship and one of their GDOs so that we may visit any time we wish.

Part Thirteen: The unexpected occurs

Sam's POV

It has been two weeks since we returned back from the Furlings. After that trip, I was cleared for light gate travel. I wish someone could explain what light gate travel was, but I dared not to ask. They may just pull me off gate travel all together again. Three days after our return, we went on a mission to P43567. There we just did soil samples and found Naquida deposits.

Now we are on downtime and I am home in bed with a headache. I took 4 aspirin at 4 p.m. and called it a night. I left the chain off the door so Jack could get in. He is supposed to be at his house getting a few things. Isn't it funny that we have been together so long and been thought so much together and we have still not moved in together.

I hear Jack call for me but I am unable to answer. I am having a horrible case of acid reflux. I read that this may happen, but I never experienced it until now. I cough a bit then notice that there is blood on my pillow. I panic and get out of bed with my pillow to show Jack. My throat hurts so much that I am unable to talk. Jack and I collided at the door to my bedroom.

Jack looked at me then noticed the blood on my pillow. "Sam?" I could hear the worry in his voice. I cough again and I put my pillow over my mouth on instinct. It just collected more blood.

Jack did not say another word. He scooped me up in his arms and took me to the car where he sped off. With the Cell phone he called the Doc and Janet. We arrived into the emergency room at the Airforce Hospital and I was immediately whisked away from Jack and taken back to a trauma room.

Jack's POV

This is it. I keep telling myself. This is the turning point. I hold the blood soaked pillow in my hands and begin to cry. I feel arms around me. I turn my head to see Janet.

"Hey Jack." He stoked my hair and I just cry things out. I am losing Sam. I know just know it. "Shhh, shhh." Janet comforts me. "Want to tell me what happened?"

"Oh, God, Janet. I got to Sam's apartment. When she would not answer me, I went to her bedroom. It was then, that I saw her cough up blood onto the pillow. Please Janet, don't let us lose Sam." I wanted to plea for Sam's life, now more than ever.

"Ok Jack, Let me go see what is going on with Sam." Janet slipped away from me but she was quickly replaces my Daniel who began to hold me. I do not care how much of a Macho Colonel I am, I just needed someone to let me cry and not cry alone.

Janet's POV

I walk into the Emergency room where Sam is at and I see the Doc putting an aspiration tube in her. I rush to her side to help. "She is aspirating on her blood."

"I was outside talking to Jack. He said that she was in bed and coughing up blood when he got there." I then turned to Sam who seemed to be fighting the tube. "Don't fight it, Sam."

It was about five minutes later when there was no blood in the tube and it was taken out. "Well, Major, it looks as if we are going to be pulling you off you Chemotherapy treatments. If my theories are correct, you will not need them anymore. I also want to run a scope down your throat. I believe your blood may have come from a bleeding ulcer."

"And I took 4 un-coated aspirin before this." Sam said.

"Sam why would you do that. You were given very specific instructions on NO Aspirin. Not to mention 4 of them," I scolded her.

"I am sorry, I had a migraine and I did not have anything else." Sam said, like a child getting in trouble.

"Look, Major, I am going to go ahead and send you home. Take some Milk Of Magnesia for the Ulcer, and I want to see you in my office in two weeks. Come early and plan to spend the day because there are many tests to run."

"Thanks, Doc." Sam said and then turned to me. The look in her eyes asked me what I was about to offer.

"I think I will go out and talk with Jack while you get dressed Sam." I smiled at my friend. As a doctor I realize that this was the end of a very difficult and bumpy road.

I once again make the trip down the long hallway. I wait at the door and just watch. I am amazed on how Jack is openly emotional even with Daniel. I guess it is trued that there is a certain woman that can turn a man into jelly.

I walk over quietly. Jack sees me, "Janet?" He questions.

"Jack, She is getting dressed now. She is going home. Turns out she has a bleeding ulcer. It is a side effect of the chemotherapy. She is being taken off of all treatments. All aspirin is to be thrown away. From now on she is to take Alieve and She needs to see the Doc in 2 weeks." I said with a reassuring smile. Jack however does not see that.

"Are you sure?" He asks me. "Now she has an ulcer. What else can go wrong."

"Jack the body has a way of telling you when it is ok to stop medicating. This ulcer is her body's way of taking her off the Chemotherapy. I think this is just the thing we have all be waiting for." I said.

"For her to be bleeding from her stomach?" We all turned our head to look at Teal'c, the one that made the comment.

"Actually, Teal'c, for Sam to be in remission." Daniel said.

"Right." I countered. "But I am afraid that there are still tests that have to be done until she is announced in remission."

Sam then came walking out of the ER. They knew her well enough by now to know that she is going to be walk out. So they just let her.

Jack's POV

What a vision! The most beautiful thing just walked out into my arms. I hold her close and there is something different. It has to be the happiness. WE both know deep down that something good is happening here.

"I do not know about you all but I am ready to go home and go to bed." Sam smiles and turns to the rest of the group.

Daniel, Janet and Teal'c nodded in agreement.

In the car home, Sam popped up and decided that she could not go home, "Jack, we need to go to the mall." Now the last thing I thought she could possible think of was shopping right now. But I give.

"Why?" I ask. This I got to hear.

"I need new pillows." Sam said. I start to laugh. "What?"

"We will go tomorrow." I say. I know where this is going.

"What am I going to do tonight?" Sam asks.

"Well I guess you could stay with me at my house. I have pillows." Ok, she got me. I know that is exactly what she wanted to do all along.

Sam's POV

Jack bought it. I just love him for that.

Jack's POV

The next two weeks were eventful. SG1 was given downtime. Sam and I lived it up, more Sam than myself. We rented the ice skating rink for the day and I taught her the basics of hockey. For once I found it amusing that she held the look of confusion on her face. We then took off for Las Vegas for a few days. We decided to stay at the Hilton and to the Star Trek Experience. At least there was nothing to do with ancient cultures. We spent at least half of the time walking in and out of the all night wedding chapels. In the end, we both agreed that we wanted a wedding. A wedding to celebrate that we are going to share the rest of eternity together.

When the day came for Sam to see the doctor again, it was almost as if she was on her way to be executed. She clung tighter to me then anyone has ever clung to me before. The day of tests, though it was painful for her, was not the hardest part of this visit. It was the waiting.

Back at my house, we waited for the phone call. Daniel, Teal'c and Janet were over. We waited together as a group, a team, no a family. We were all together from the beginning. We are going to be together till the end. An end I might add will be many, many decades from now.

We were in the middle of our 4th hand of poker when the phone rang. Everyone got silent and Sam looked petrified. I slowly got up and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I answer. "Yes, Major Carter is here." I look over at Sam and notice that she does not want me to hand her the phone. "Actually, she is not ready to hear what the results are. Could I tell her?" I say. Good thing that the office noted that I had legal medical privileges on Sam. It was one thing we decided on, well again she decided. "I see. Ok. I will tell her."

I hang up the phone and walk over to her. I get on my knees in front of her and hold her close. I say no words. I am very stolic. Everyone else in the room seems to be holding their breath. I then speak, "Sam, my precious, beautiful Sam." I stop and brush the tears from her face, "Doctor says that you only have another 60 to 70 years left."

Sam looks at me for a moment, then laughs and pushes me away, the she, like a mad woman, pounces on me. "Now that was mean. I think you should pay for that." Sam says and we begin to wrestle. Everyone begins laughing.

The best part of it all, Sam won this war.

Part Fourteen: Living again

Janet's POV

I could not let this day pass me by. This has been a long time coming. I go to check on Sam and notice that she is already dressed. I am shocked a bit at the front of the dress.

"Sam? I know you did not have you breast surgically constructed." I say looking at the, I swear they are larger then her original ones. "And I know they do not come back in a matter of hours." Sam was now laughing at me.

"Janet, they are fake. Actually it is a special bra. I went to this place in Denver that deals with clients who had their breasts removed. Come feel" Sam smiles widely. I did not take a second thought. I went over and started feeling the bra.

"Wow they feel so real. Hey is that a nipple!" I said, and laughed.

"They do great work." Sam says.

"I'll say." I laugh, "I need to go check on Cassandra. See you later." I hug Sam and give her a kiss. Those things do feel real.

Jacob's POV

It has been a long road. A long road that I am glad has come to more pleasant driving. This time two years ago, I never thought I would see my Daughter alive and this happy again. And last year, what a gift I got. Sam went into remission. This year more is to come. This year, my family will be getting larger.

I know softly on the door and I hear Sam telling me to come in. I see her standing there and remember the last time I saw the dress she was wearing. It was years ago when her mother wore it on our wedding day. How I wish Sam's mother was here to see our little girl.

"Dad, are you alright? You are crying." Sam said as she walked over to me.

"You are beautiful. Your Mother was beautiful in this dress as well. You look just like her." I had to say and indeed she did.

"I wish she was here." Sam confessed. Funny how we think the same thing.

"I know, Sammie, So do I." I say holding her close. "Say lets get you married to that old soldier out there." I tell Sam and we both dry our tears and head to the door.

"I love you, Daddy." Sam says. It is almost as if she was 5 again. Some 5-year-old I have here.

"I love you too, Pumpkin." I tell her and take her arm.

Daniel's POV

This had to happen today. The Saturday before Christmas and they had to get married today. I still have to do Christmas shopping. What do they want? They want me to go out Christmas Eve and shop? Are they nuts? And this Damn, tuxedo is killing my neck. I can hardly move or breathe. I can understand Sam and that blue dress now. I guess it could be worse. The Tux could be power blue. Top hats and tails were bad enough but power blue is the ultimate low.

"Hey Space Monkey, What is the matter, you are more nervous that I am and I am the one getting married. What do you have? A hot date perhaps." OK now Jack did it. He got the nail right on the head. I did have a date. She Just happens to be the Matron on Honor. Janet and I decided we are going to explore a strange New World together. (Each other if you were wondering what I was referring to.)

"Hey, hey, Space Monkey, you are going to wrinkle the Tux. Lay off the Coffee. Don't be nervous. You and Old Doc Fraiser are perfect for each other." Jack says. Oh my, he knows. How could he know. Oh wait I told him.

"Jack, I am fine. Time to go." I say and usher Jack out the Door.

Jack's POV

There is nothing to be nervous about, I have been married once, but this time I am marrying my soul mate. As the wedding procession begins, Charlie started down the isle. It was nice that Jacob bought him back. I miss the boy and he is perfect as the Ring barer. After Charlie, Janet follows. She looks elegant dressed in the Black velvet dress. Next Cassie comes down. I cannot believe how grown up she is. I also cannot believe that my future wife allowed her to wear a dress like Janet's but in a Silver Grey color.

Next was the moment I have been waiting for. My beautiful Sam came down the isle escorted by her father. She looked so gorgeous that I had a difficult time concentrating on what I was suppose to be doing. Gladly it was to Marry the vision in my eyes.

Sam's POV

The ceremony was a big blur. I still cannot believe that I am now Mrs. Colonel Jack O'Neill. Ok if you want to get Technical, Major Doctor Mrs. Jonathan Charles O'Neill. What I name, I think I will stick with Sam. The reception was great. Wonderful food and lots of dancing, and what surprised me, no alcohol.It wasn't until Jack and I made it to the hotel that he explained that he wanted to be completely clear headed for tonight. Sure Jack and I have made love before, but nothing can compare to tonight, but that I will leave to your wildest imaginations.

Part Fifteen: A New Life

(3rd person POV)

Sam awoke early in Jack's arms knowing that something was wrong. She shifted to see his face pale in the moonlight. Placing a hand on his forehead, she noticed he was burning up.

Sam carefully shifted out of bed. Glancing at the clock, she saw it was 0400.Knowing that this was the end of her sleep, she slipped on a pair of shorts with her nightshirt and headed into the kitchen.

After putting on a pot of coffee, Sam took the ear thermometer and Tylenol out of the cabinet, and then she headed back into the bedroom. Before doing anything else, she armed herself with a damp washcloth. Taking the thermometer, Sam carefully checked Jack's temperature without disturbing his slumber. Using the ambient lighting filtering in from the hallway, she bit her lower lip when she saw the 101.1 temp.

"Jack, Jack Love, wake up." Sam Gently said while she tenderly jostled his shoulder.

"Sam, hmmm, what's wrong?" Jack asked in his sleep.

"How do you feel?" Sam asked thought she knew the answer to the question.

"I feel lousy. What's wrong?" Jack was more concerned for her.

"You have a 101 temperature. I need you to take this." Sam handed him the Tylenol. "Then you can go back to sleep." Jack complied and snuggled back into the pillows. Sam then took the damp cloth and wiped his forehead.

"I love you." Jack said then he was asleep.

"I love you too." Sam replied to the sleeping form. She kisses his forehead and headed into the kitchen. Getting what was to be the first of several cups of coffee, she sat at her laptop and finished the last of her paperwork that she was lacking. For the first hour, she would check on Jack every 15 minutes.

At 0530, Jack was still running a fever. Sam managed to wake Jack up long enough to have him tell her that she was not going anywhere. Sam then left Jack to sleep and called into base.

"Hammond." General Hammond answered.

"General?" Sam asked a bit curious as to what he was doing answering the phone.

"Yes, something wrong, Major?" Hammond asked. "Actually, Sir, Colonel O'Neill is ill. He is running a 101 temp." Sam reported.

"Well, then, SG-1 is on downtime until he recovers. If his fever does not break by 1600, then call. I will send Dr. Fraiser out." Hammond said.

"Yes, Sir." Sam replied then hung up the phone.

Sam set her laptop up on the couch. She just let Jack sleep and made mental noted on when to check on him. By mid-morning, Jack got out of bed and stumbles into the living room.

"Hi." Jack said as he staggered to the couch. Sam jumped up and helped him.

"Hey, Love, how are you doing?" Sam asked as she felt his forehead. He was still hot but not as hot.

"Oh just dandy." Jack the looked at Sam, "I am sorry, I am a bit hungry."

Sam kissed jack on the top of his head then went into the kitchen. Jack pulled Sam's laptop and looked at what she was working on. He read intently. "Sam?"

"What?" Sam asked as she put the soup in the microwave.

"Is this something you want to do?" Jack asked.

"Is what something I want to do?" Sam questioned back.

"Breast reconstruction."

"Oh. I never thought about it. I was looking for something else and I saw it. I have been reading about it, but no. I am not going to do it." Sam returned into the room with some chicken noodle soup.

"You know according to this, you are a prime candidate." Jack himself started reading.

"I know. I just don't think it is for me. One it is surgery. I am kind of sick of IVs and such. Two it is surgery. I will be out of commission. Three it is elective surgery. Right now, insurance does not cover it, so we would have to pay for it. I know my salary won't cover it..." Sam was then interrupted.

"If you want to do it then we can get the money." Jack said.

"Jack, I just don't thing it is for me." Sam said.

"Ok." Jack said and then Jack ate his soup. "Thanks, Love."

Jack's fever broke soon after and the two were ready to work.

SG1 gathered in the briefing room as normal for the mission briefing.

"P8X-212 has a subtropical climate. Actually the gate itself is not a part of any stone altar. It is nestled amongst the trees." Sam started describing.

"Sweet, more trees."

"Sir, the UAV has picked up a huge concentration of naquada about a mile from the gate, and there is also no indications of intelligent life. Sir, this could be a perfect place for a naquada source that we have been looking for." Sam made her case.

"Correct me if I am wrong, O'Neill," Jack said with a small smile on his face. He gets a kick out of calling Sam O'Neill now as opposed to Carter, "but in the past, has there not been some sort of Evil person waiting to take us out because we wanted Naquada?"

"Actually, Sir, I still think it is worth a look." Sam said.

"I agree, SG-1, you ship out at 1630." Hammond said. "Dismissed." Sam and Jack stood as Hammond got up and exited the room.

"Alright campers, Let's get things cleaned up and ready to go." Jack said and each member when on their own way.

At 1630 the group assembled in the gate room fully geared up. After the 7th Chevron engaged and the event horizon was fully established, SG-1 stepped up the ramp and through the gate.

"Alright, let's set up camp, then we will check out the Naquada." Then Jack turned his head, "O'Neill," Jack called out smiling again, "Take your local samples." Sam headed a few feet away but was still able to see camp.

Back at camp, Daniel decided to have a little chat with Jack, "You just amaze me, Jack."

"Really," Jack replied.

"Every time you ask Sam to do something, or tell her something, or reprimand her..." Daniel seemed to babble.

"Spit it out, Space Monkey." Jack only wanted to hear babble from one person.

"Every time you say Sam's name for any reason, there is a twinkle in your eyes." Daniel pointed out.

"It's called 'LOVE' Daniel. And I have every right to 'twinkle.'" Jack said then turned to watch Sam again.

When Sam was finished with her soil sample collection, she returned to camp. The three men were sitting by the fire. "Take a load off, Sam." Daniel suggested.

"Thanks, I think I will." Sam smiled then sat on Jack's lap.

"And the old man gets the load." Jack commented. "Gees, Sam, what have you been eating?" Jack jokingly commented. He was happy to know that she got her weight back.

"I have this old man at home that keeps me well fed." Sam said then kissed Jack. She moved so that she was sitting next to Jack. The group decided that it got dark rather quickly so they were going to go after the Naquada in the morning.

It was rather an uneventful evening. When morning came, the band headed to the Naquada source. Sam stopped dead in her tracks when she saw what it was. "Sam, correct me if I am wrong here. You know me, I am not scientist, but don't you think there had to be an intelligent life for to create that." Jack whispered into Sam's ear.

The group was standing in front of a 6-foot pentagonal pyramid made of Naquada. The ore had been refined and shiny. Sam moved closer to the object while Daniel took video.

Taking her hand, Sam touched to object to feel the smoothness of the surface. All of a sudden, an electrical charge coursed through her body and she fell limp to the ground. Jack rushed to her side and checked for a pulse. Relieved that he found one, "Sam, come on, Love, wake up." Sam's eyes opened. "You scared me, Love." Jack said.

"Sorry, Help me up please." Sam asked. Jack did. Suddenly Sam doubled over in pain. "Oh god." Sam panicked.

Jack picked Sam up and yelled over at Daniel. "Daniel, run to the gate, go through and get Doc Fraiser. Tell her what has happened." Daniel took off. Jack and Teal's followed but at a slower rate while they carried Sam.

By the time they reached the SCG, Janet was there with a gurney and supplies to stabilize Sam before they headed to the infirmary.

Hours went by. Jack again found himself pacing. He stopped when Janet came out. "Sam is going to be fine. She is stable and we managed to save the baby."

"Can we..." Jack started then thought for a second. "Baby?"

"Sam is pregnant. By the looks of things I would say she was about 12 weeks along." Janet had to hold back the laughter that she had just by looking at Jacks face. The expression is timeless. "The electrical charge that went through her body triggered the start of a miscarriage. Seeing that we caught it early, we were able to stabilize the baby. You can go see her, but she is asleep and will be for some time. I gave her some sedatives. She does not know she is pregnant yet." Jack nodded, then turned to the rest of the group.

Jack could not help himself, He was smiling ear to ear. "I am going to be a father again." And then once again, Jack started thinking. "I thought because of the Chemo, Sam could not get pregnant."

"Actually, her chances are less than one in a million that she could get pregnant. Apparently one if her eggs survived. I am putting her on full bed rest for the next month to make sure any complications are behind us." Janet said. "Go see your wife."

**28 weeks later**

"He is gorgeous." Sam said sitting on the couch looking at her son.

"What do you expect. Remember who his Dad is." Jack, who was sitting next to her, kissed Sam.

"I never expected this. I never thought that we would have something as beautiful as this. He is you and he is me." Sam started crying.

"Hey, now, you know, He, our little Matthew here, needs his sleep." Jack got up and out Matt in his bassinet. Then he went back to the couch. "And you need your rest as well. Sam you are wonderful and beautiful and you have given me more then I ever imagined I would have."

"We gave to each other." Sam said.

"I love you, Sam. I love you so much I got this for you." Jack handed Sam a small velvet box.

Opening the box, Sam was shocked to see a golden heart, one side that represents a mother and the other that represents a baby. Inside the hear was a cluster of diamonds that surrounded Matt's birthstone. "Jack..."

Jack silenced her by putting a finger to her mouth. "Thank-you for being the mother to our son. Thank-you for giving me another chance to be a father. Most of all, Thank-you for not giving up on your fight to live."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kris Bailey