Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Broken Heart -- Part four -- Small Talk

by Kris Bailey
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Broken Heart -- Part four -- Small Talk

Broken Heart -- Part four -- Small Talk

by Kris Bailey

Summary: Sam and Jack are forced to face their own mortality and their love when death is around the corner.
Category: Series
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 01/15/04

Title: Broken Heart - Part Four - Small Talk Author: Kris Bailey

E-mail: cptcastor@aol.com

Status: Series (not sure how long it will last)

Category: Sam and Jack Romance

Rating: PG-13

Season/sequel: Post-season, Sequel: Broken Heart Part 1: The Beginning, series Broken Heart Part 2: Reflection Broken Heart Part 3: How Jack Copes

Spoilers: none

Archive: Everyone May Archive

Summary: Sam and Jack are forced to face their own mortality and their love when death is around the corner.

Disclaimer: (I am taking this from all the others I have read) All publicity recognizable characters and places are the property of MGM, World Gekko Corp and Double Secret Productions. This Piece of fan fiction was created for entertainment not monetary purposes and no infringement on copyright or trademarks was intended. The author copyrights previously unrecognized characters and places, and this story. Any similarity to real persons living or dead is coincidental and mot intended by the author.

/./././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././

Sam laid in bed awake. She heard the front door open, and her Dad's voice talking to Daniel. She wondered what they were talking about. She decided to get out of bed. She felt stronger. She knew that if she stayed active, then she would not wither away. She wished the guys would see that. If they had her way, she would be in bed exerting no energy at all. She wondered though, was that living?

She was about to get out of bed when an unexpected voice startled her.

"You know I think the parents outside would want you to get out of bed." He stood there in the doorway leaning against the frame.

"Colonel," Sam said turning around to see him. He took note of the ashed color of her face, however her eyes still stood out. He felt if given the chance, he could drown in those eyes.

"I don't think that given things, you need to call me Colonel any more." Jack said, He cursed at himself when he saw the tears starting to run down her face. He moved and laid on the bed next to where she was sitting. He pulled her to him and held her. Consequently, she was back to laying on the bed again. "Shh. I am sorry. I did not mean it that way."

"Yeah you did and if we actually face reality, it is true. I will be given a medical discharge and never be able to serve again. I am worthless now." Sam said in a quiet tone that only Jack heard and hated.

"You are never worthless." Jack insisted.

"Then what am I now?" Sam asked

"You are a brilliant Astrophysicist that still can turn heads. So you cannot do as much physical, but who can. Lets face it, In all honesty, look at me. I hair is gray, my brain is well you know and my knees are about shot. Pretty soon all I can do is lay around and look pretty." Jack had that playful smile on his face that let people knew that he was being himself. The look became more intense when he heard Sam stifle a giggle. "Seriously Sam, perhaps you just need a chance to get away from everything here."

"Yeah where will I go. With Dad and Daniel watching me, I am only allowed to go to the bathroom by myself." Sam said.

"Well then we will have to leave them behind then." Jack got up and started going through Sam's closets and drawers.

"What are you doing." Sam said very audibly. More audibly then she had been in a while.

"Just hush down. Do you want to let the others in on the prison break here." Jack advised as he shoved her belonging in the duffel bag.

"I can't..." Sam started.

Jack went to her bedside and looked at the table. In a small bag he started throwing in her medications. "You can and you will. Now, Major, and yes you are still a Major, Get you ass in gear, get dressed and be ready in 5."

"But..." Sam tried to rationalize.

"Ah, ah, ah, it is an order and it is final." Jack said.

How could Sam argue with that? She headed to the bathroom where she changed into jeans and a USAF t-shirt. She was ready before his deadline.

"That is much better." Jack said and then did something that was totally unexpected. She picked Sam up and flung her over his shoulder. He then took the bag he packed with his other hand.

Walking out of the room. Daniel stopped him. "Jack what are you doing?"

"Out of my way Daniel. Major Carter, say goodbye to Dad and Daniel" Jack said as he opened the door.

"Goodbye, Dad. Good Bye Daniel." Sam said not really having any control of the situation. And right now. She was sure that she did not want control.

"Now that is a good soldier." Jack commented as the places her in the truck and drove away.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kris Bailey