Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Broken Heart Part one -- The Beginning

by Kris Bailey
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Broken Heart Part one -- The Beginning

Broken Heart Part one -- The Beginning

by Kris Bailey

Summary: Sam and Jack are forced to face their own mortality and their love when death is around the corner.
Category: Angst, Drama, Romance, Series
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 09/28/03

Title: Broken Heart - Part One-The beginning.

Author: Kris Bailey

E-mail: cptcastor@aol.com

Status: Series (not sure how long it will last)

Category: Sam and Jack Romance

Rating: PG-13

Season/sequel: Post-season series

Spoilers: none

Archive: Everyone May Archive

Summary: Sam and Jack are forced to face their own mortality and their love when death is around the corner.

Disclaimer: (I am taking this from all the others I have read) All publicity recognizable characters and places are the property of MGM, World Gekko Corp and Double Secret Productions. This Piece of fan fiction was created for entertainment not monetary purposes and no infringement on copyright or trademarks was intended. The author copyrights previously unrecognized characters and places, and this story. Any similarity to real persons living or dead is coincidental and mot intended by the author.

Author's Notes: This is my first post after a long LOA from writing. Just so you know I have four other stories that are incomplete.

"Dial us up, Major." Sam made it to the DHD and took a heavy breath. This had been a long mission and she felt her chest get heavy. She thought she was coming down with the flu. Sam reached and dialed up Earth. Sending out the GDO signal Sam called out, "All Clear."

The four gated home. They were greeted with the usual and sent for their usual checkups.

SG-1 was so use to each that they all sat on the same bed. With Janet and the nursed, it was like an assembly line. Temperature taking - Teal'c, Daniel, Jack, and Sam. Blood Pressure - Teal'c, Daniel, Jack, Sam. Goa'uld entry check - Teal'c, Daniel, Jack, and Sam. Gland Check - Teal'c Daniel, Jack, Sam. Antibiotic shot - Teal'c (well he get a bye on that one) Daniel, Jack and Sam.

"Sam, are you alright?" Janet asked breaking the routine. Usually this was they 'SG1 you are cleared' portion of the program. Jack glanced over at Sam.

"Yeah, I am a bit tired and I think I am starting to come down with the flu." Sam said.

"Well, the broad spectrum antibiotic should cover it, but I want you to take the next couple of days off and rest. In fact, I insist. I want to see you Monday to make sure that you are fine to go out again." Janet sighed. Ok she was giving Sam a week. It was Monday here.

They group went to the brief room next. That was always the next step. The debriefing.

"Welcome Back SG-1. What is you analysis?"

"Rocks. We found rocks." Jack said.

General Hammond turned to Daniel.

"He is right, we found Rocks." Daniel said.

"This world is suitable for any of our needs." Teal'c added.

Sam did not have to say a work in the meeting. The guys took care of it.

"Good work SG-1. Dr. Fraiser informed me that she is not going to clear SG-1 for another mission until Monday so I expect you all to be off base after I receive your reports. Dismissed."

Hours later Jack finally finished his report. He decided to give Sam a call to find out if she had finished. He got no answer so he only assumed that she left already. He slipped his report into General Hammond's box and left to the parking area. Oddest thing was, Sam's car was still there. Thinking back to how horrid she was feeling earlier, he decided to go check on Sam.

He went to her lab and did not see her sitting there at the computer. Strangest thing was, her laptop was still on. It was never on when she was not there. He walked around to see what she was working on. It was then that she saw her on the floor. Her face had a gray shine. She lost all color in her cheeks and lips.

"I have a medical emergency in Major Carter's lab." Jack found a faint pulse. "Hey, Sam, open your eyes."

The medical team whisked Sam back to the infirmary. By this time Daniel was home so Jack called him and had him come back to the SGC.

A few hours later, Janet, emerged into the waiting area. "She is stable for now. She is also awake."

"What's wrong with her?" Jack asked, looking into Janet's eyes for some answers.

"She has a Virus." Janet said.

"A Virus?" Jack wanted more.

"A virus that affects the heart muscle. It is called congestive cardiomyopathy," Janet seemed a bit withdrawn.

"What is going to be done about it?" Jack wanted answers but was edging towards the door to Sam.

"We will try to keep the virus at bay with medications but ultimately..." There was now way to say this. "She will need a heart transplant."

There was that awkward silence in the air.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kris Bailey