Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Broken Heart -- Part 2 -- Reflection

by Kris Bailey
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Broken Heart -- Part 2 -- Reflection

Broken Heart -- Part 2 -- Reflection

by Kris Bailey

Summary: Sam and Jack must fact their mortality and their love when Death is around the corner.
Category: Angst, Drama, Future Story, Romance, Series
Episode Related: 322 Nemesis, 401 Small Victories, 413 The Curse
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 09/28/03

Title: Broken Heart - Part Two- Refection

Author: Kris Bailey

E-mail: cptcastor@aol.com

Status: Series (not sure how long it will last)

Category: Sam and Jack Romance

Rating: PG-13

Season/sequel: Post-season series

Spoilers: none

Archive: Everyone May Archive

Summary: Sam and Jack are forced to face their own mortality and their love when death is around the corner.

Disclaimer: (I am taking this from all the others I have read) All publicity recognizable characters and places are the property of MGM, World Gekko Corp and Double Secret Productions. This Piece of fan fiction was created for entertainment not monetary purposes and no infringement on copyright or trademarks was intended. The author copyrights previously unrecognized characters and places, and this story. Any similarity to real persons living or dead is coincidental and mot intended by the author.

././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././././

Jacob had not come to long after Sam was initially diagnosed. He offered a symbiot but Selmac was the one that said no. She advised that even if they had the symbiots, Samantha would not be cured.

When the Tok'ra requested Jacob/Selmac's return, they both flatly refused knowing that this time would be the most precious of all. He took Sam home and tucked her into bed. He reflected back to the time when Sam was a child. He would give anything to go back and spend the time with her. Before he had no regrets because their relationship was strong. But now he regretted things.

Daniel and Teal'c came by and did things like going to the grocery store and the pharmacy. Sam hardly woke as her body adjusted to the medication that she was now on. They left Sam to sleep and went into the living room.

"Thanks for bringing the stuff. I just hope I can get Sam to eat. She needs to be strong." Jacob said.

"Major Carter is strong. I know of no one stronger. If I could, I would give her my heart." Teal'c said.

"Thanks, Teal'c." Jacob then realized that it was dark outside. He was surprised that one face was not around. "Where is Jack?"

"He went home. He acted like nothing was bothering him, like it was another day. He had a stack of replacements for Sam in his arms." Daniel said a bit peeved that Jack was acting like this.

"He is hiding. He cannot handle that Sam is dying and unless there is a miracle then she will die soon. He loves her. He cannot admit that yet." Then Jacob was ashamed for his next thought but knew it was true, 'and he may never will until it is too late.'

The days passed and Sam managed to get out of bed more but she was never alone. Sitting on the couch she was flipping through a magazine. The odd thing was, the Magazine was Field and Stream instead of some scientific magazine that she had tons of subscriptions to.

"I should have gone. I regret not going." Sam said quietly.

"You regret not going where, Baby?" Jacob asked moved next to her, sitting on the coffee table.

"With the Colonel to his cabin in Minnesota. I really wanted to go. But I was afraid." Sam admitted.

"Afraid of what?" Jacob pressed.

"I was afraid that I would never let us leave." Sam said. "It is too late now. I messed things up and I will regret that. I should have chosen a different kind of happy. I once said that I have no regrets. But the years have passed now and I do have regrets."

"Sam, do you love Jack." Jacob asked. He knew the answer; he just wanted to hear her say it.

"I guess it does not matter now. I do love Jack, but it is not mutual anymore. I am sure it never really was. Does not matter. Soon I will be dead and everyone can get on with their lives." Sam closed her eyes and cuddled down into the couch and blanket after throwing the magazine across the room.

"Please, baby, do not give up. Don't give up on your life at all." Jacob then watched as Sam went back to sleep. He called Daniel over to watch over Sam and then left the house.

Jacob headed down the road to have a father-(What would you say, Son, Boyfriend, daughter's lover, Colonel, or just perhaps Jack) chat.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kris Bailey