Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Dinner

by Kitty S
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Dinner

Dinner

by Kitty S

Title: Dinner
Author: Kitty S
Email: kittystrawberries@hotmail.com
Category: none
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: Dinner at the Hammonds.
Sequel to: Little Disapointments
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

General Hammond walked down the corridors to the infirmary, to pick Sam up for dinner. He made his way to the familiar curves and ended up in front of Sam's room, he knocked twice, hearing the muffled `come in' he opened the door and smiled at the sight before him. "You're bringing a guest?"

Sam was sitting on her bed in jeans and a sweater with a huge stuffed bear on her lap. It was enormous; one would wonder how much that thing weighed. She grinned, not embarrassed to admit that she loved it. "Meet Teal'c Jr. Teal'c got him for me, he asked Daniel to take him to the store for a `get well' gift. Silly Danny took him to the toy store."

"Are you all ready?" He asked while helping her down from the bed, having a strong hold on her arm. Sam was extremely weak, but determined to get out of the infirmary.

"Yeah, Janet told me to tell you that she will meet you there, she has to wait for some test results." Hammond nodded. However tired and weak she was, she dragged the big bear off the bed, making a soft thump noise.

"Can't forget Teal'c Jr." Hammond said while taking the bear in his arm while supporting Sam with his other. They were slowly walking down the corridors to the elevator, when the car door opened; it revealed Jack standing in civilian clothes with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

They walked in and the door closed leaving them in an awkward silence. "Sir, Major. Going somewhere?"

"Dinner."

"I guess you're better Major?"

"Yes sir. Much."

"That's good, I'm happy you're recovering." He looked around. Her reply was just a smile the second time, taking it as a hint that she didn't want to talk to him, he turned to the general. "Nice pet." (No answer) `Great... I forgot how long it takes to go up 28 floors.' Jack thought to himself.

They have been standing to get to the surface for a while and Sam was starting to feel drained. Gradually she has been more and more dependent on Hammond to keep her from falling. Hammond dropped the doll and took Sam with both arms, whispering that they were almost there. Sam let out a little sigh and closed her eyes. "Are you Okay?" Jack's voice broke through the silence, and Hammond felt Sam nod yes on his shoulder.

The elevator `ding-ed' and the three plus a bear got off and got out their ID's and checked out. The sergeant off his seat and offered it to Sam, which she gratefully took. Each of them, collected their ID's and signed the papers, and waited for the elevator. While they were waiting, Janet got off the other elevator. "Glad to see I made it on time."

"Someone must be on that thing, making errands." Hammond spoke up while waiting for their second car.

Janet walked over to Sam, who was just sitting there quietly. "Hey, how're you feeling?"

"Fine."

"Don't lie to me, you can still go."

"Hot."

Janet squatted next to Sam and felt her head and frowned. "You sure you want to leave so early. Maybe you should stay in the infirmary just for a while longer."

Sam shook her head. "Janet, you said so your self, it's the same no matter where I am, and I just want to go home."

"Guess who I just got off the phone with?" Sam stayed silent. "It was my brother, the one that's a cop? Well, one of the K-9 is ready to retire, and I asked him if we can take him. He's a really sweet dog, a German Shepard, his name is Baby." Sam raised an eyebrow. "The cops named him, not me."

"So, what about it, why do you want a dog?"

"It's for you Sam, you're going to need help around the house, even if you won't admit it." She help Sam get up when the elevator opened and helped her walk over. "He's going to be great, He's already trained, and he knows basic commands and more, and who's better to protect you than a retired cop?"

"No, I wasn't going to decline, actually I think this is a good idea, having a companion to help me around the house is good. I won't have to call Daniel and Teal'c for everything, though they offered.

Jack suddenly felt like the biggest bastard known to man. He shuffled his feet, and opened his mouth to say something, but decided not to. Finally the elevator dinged, stopped, and opened letting Jack escape to his own misery.

"Goodbye Colonel." Sam managed to say, she was trying to at least remain friends with him.

"Major, hope you feel better soon." He disappeared to his car, driving away.

Janet carried the big animal, feeling ridicules holding that thing, while Hammond helped Sam to his car. They slowly made their way there, Sam was concentrating nothing but begging her feet to move one by one in front of each other so she won't trip. Hammond carefully helped her into the front seat, and shut the door. "Is she going to be okay? I don't want to endanger her condition further just for dinner."

"The trip tired her out, same thing would have happened if she was in the infirmary and she needed to go to the bathroom, its just inevitable. Besides, she really needs to be home, I hate to say thing, but this is permanent, I can't treat it."

Hammond shook his head, it's not something he wanted to hear right now... ever. He walked around to the driver's seat, and drove to his house. He looked in the rearview mirror to make sure Janet was following.

He made the last turns to his house, and parked in the drive way, getting out and walking over to the other side to help Sam out. Once in the house, he led her to the couch and carefully sat her down.

"Liz? We're here. Janet will arrive any minute." He yelled into the kitchen, after making sure Sam was well, he went over to his wife.

He approached her behind form, leaning over the oven. "Hey, did you hear me?"

She gave him a welcoming hug. "Yeah, how was your day? Is Sam okay?" After seeing him nod she turned back to the oven and pulled something out. "Honey, can you give me a hand with this?" Hammond pulled on the oven gloves from the counter and took the pop from her hands.

"Where do you want this?" He followed her out to the patio and cleared off the table for him. After they set the table they walked into the living room to greet Sam but found her asleep.

End Part 7

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kitty S