Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Other Life 3: Moving On, The

by Kitty S
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Other Life III- Moving On

The Other Life III- Moving On

by Kitty S

The Other Life III- Moving On
AUTHOR: Kitty S
EMAIL: KittyStrawberries@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Angst, Romance, Series (The Other Life)
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: any; sequel to The Other Life II- Same goes to DC
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: Sam and Jack go their separate ways.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: `I want to be with you' by Mandy Moore used without permission.

Jack got out of his car, and walked into a bar. He had to calm down, he told himself, but he didn't want to. He sat at the counter and asked for whiskey, gulped down the first cup and asked for more.

The bartender didn't ask any questions knowing it wasn't any of his business and severed Jack his drinks. Jack sat there, not saying a word and just let his worries get lost in the affects of alcohol.

There were people dancing around the bar, happy couples laughing, drunken youngsters having fun, the beginnings of a one night stands... he was thinking back, the last time he was here. And he realized it had been a while. Sam didn't like to drink, she would have a drink or two of beer, or maybe some wine with dinner, but she never got drunk. She said once that if a person drinks, and gets drunk the worst of them comes out. And she didn't want that. It had rubbed off on him he guessed. Because he made sure that he wouldn't get that far, or keep alcohol in the house. Hence going out to a bar for a drink.

The mood changed, the fast tempo to a soft ballad. It had been a request from the man at the end of the bar. He had asked everyone if he can have the dance floor for him and his girl. They did, and they watched, as they danced to the song and listened to the words describing them.

I try but I can't seem to get myself
To think of anything but you
Your breath on my face
Your warm gentle kiss, I taste the truth
I taste the truth
We know what I came here for
so I won't ask for more
I wanna be with you
If only for a night
To be the one whose in your arms
Who holds you tight
I wanna be with you
There's nothing more to say
There's nothing else I want more than to feel this way
I wanna be with you
So I'll hold you tonight
Like I would if you were mine
To hold forever more
And I'll saver each touch that I wanted
So much to feel before
How beautiful it is
Just to be like this
I wanna be with you
If only for a night
To be the one whose in your arms
Who holds you tight
I wanna be with you
There's nothing more to say
There's nothing else I want more than to feel this way
I wanna be with you
Oh baby
I can't fight this feeling anymore
It drives me crazy when I try to
So call my name
Take my hand
Make my wish
Baby, your command?
Yeah
I wanna be with you
There's nothing more to say
There's nothing else I want more than to feel this way
I wanna be with you, yeah
I wanna be with you
I wanna be with you

When the song ended, everyone cooed and awed. They were cute; they looked so in love with each other you could almost feel it radiating from them. Before they got off the dance floor the kid got down on his knee, opened a velvet box, and asked her to be his. Everyone was silent, waiting for her to answer, and it came. "Yes." She said. And the cheering was defining. The kid let out a shout and offered everyone in the bar a free drink. He took her off her feet, and danced, with her in his arms. Jack turned away. He had asked Sam to marry him through music, and he was crushed. She won't come back, he thought, you can't ask her to throw her other life because of him. She loves HIM, Tom... not him.

He got up from his seat, and headed to his car and started to drive anywhere, he wasn't even paying attention. Somehow, with out even noticing it, he arrived at his ex-girlfriends house. He gave three solid knocks and he saw here. "Lydia."

"Jack? What are you doing here?" She asked opening the door wider to let him in. "Is everything alright? Are you okay?" She didn't get to finish her questions as his lips came down to meet hers. She eagerly responded. "I've missed you." She said when she got the chance.

"So have I."

Sam was now calm and serene since she got some sleep and had time to think to herself. Tom was helpful as ever, giving her the space and not questioning her or trying to read her like a book.

She got Tom and herself a cup of tea and walked into the living room. "Tom, we need to talk. So much has happened."

"Yes, it has. But nothing has changed the feelings and love I have for you Sam, that's why I called you up, so we can work things out. So we can save our marriage."

He looked so sincere, and there were times when she thought what her life would have been if she says yes, and go back to her old life. But she couldn't, as much as she loved Tom; she loved Jack O'Neill and couldn't forget him. "Tom, I love you, I still do...... and I always will. But I have moved on. I've met someone, Jack, and he is wonderful. I hope you understand. I love you. I truly do."

"Sammy, I guess you can say that I've been prepared. Before you got here, I told my self, 'it's been years, she may, probably have a whole new life.' And I guess it won't be fair for you or him if I asked you to leave it behind."

"Honey..."

"And now, knowing this, I guess now I can move on as well. I just had to try; no smart man would have just let you go."

"I still love you."

"And I love you, I always will."

She leaped up and hugged him, and kissed him passionately for the last time. "I should get back." She whispered.

"I guess you should. He's a lucky man."

"Good bye. I'll keep in touch. I promise."

End Part 3

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kitty S