Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Other Life 2: Sam Goes to DC, The

by Kitty S
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Other Life II- Sam goes to DC

by Kitty S

TITLE: The Other Life II- Sam goes to DC
AUTHOR: Kitty S
EMAIL: kittystrawberries@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Angst, Romance, Series (The Other Life)
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: any; sequel to The Other Life I- The Call
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: Sam goes to see Tom, and Jack is left heartbroken
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: sooo... do you get it? i had a hard time put it down on paper (computer) do you understand it? hopfully...

Jack was just sitting. The only thing he could think about was why this happened to him. He thought that he and Sam would have a life together, kids, and grow old, happy just to be with her. But he was angry, angry that she didn't tell him. That she didn't think it was important that she was still married to a man and that man didn't have a clue that she had left him. The more he thought about it, the more he got angry, and heartbroken. To the point of pain. He masked it with anger. His anger for her, for lying to him. Not telling him that she had a whole life with another man.

He slowly got up of his couch and made for the door grabbing his coat and keys. He got in his car and headed to a local bar, drowning his sorrows with alcohol.

Sam headed her way to his house, it hasn't changed a bit. She was also surprised to see that the house was still decorated with her plants. Rows of yellow daisies with lilies, they were almost perfect. Not a weed in sight. She exhaled and knocked on the door, feeling the butterflies in her tummy.

The door opened and Tom came into view. There he stood, handsome as ever, the Navy aviator she had fallen in love with. He flashed his thousand dollar smile and jumped into her arms. "Oh my god, Sam........"

Then she heard it, soft crying. "Hi Tom." She whispered. She could feel herself tearing up. "Let's go inside." She felt his head nodding against her shoulders.

When she finally got a better view of the house she was amazed. It was EXACTALY how she remembered it, the same furniture in the same place. She felt his soft hand on the small of her back leading her to the couch. "Wow, Sam. I've missed you so much."

"I know, so have I. Tom, so much has happened since..." She tried to explain. "But first, I'm glad to see you got your memory back." Her hand went up to meet up with his cheek. She smiled sadly. She was in love with Jack, but she hasn't realized till she saw Tom, to be in his presence, how much she was still in love with him... with Tom. Tears escaped from her eyes.

"Honey, I just want you to know, I loved you, and I've always loved you. And I am SO sorry that you had to go through that, I'm sorry that I couldn't remember you."

"When... I mean when did it all come back?" Her voice was suddenly weak, as if she was betraying Jack to be here right now, feeling the love for Tom. It tore up her heart.

"After about a month since you left, I started to remember things. Not of you though, so when I started to remember most, I was back on flight status. I would come home, our home and study. I looked at everything in this house, to see if I can remember everything. I didn't dare move or change anything. Even the garden. It wasn't till I was at my sisters few weeks ago. It was her daughter's birthday."

"Tara has a daughter?" Sam was devastated. When she fell in love with Tom, she fell in love with his family as well. They were close. But since she left, she didn't keep contact.

"Yea, she has two kids. Steven is seven and Lillian is now about three." He grabbed the picture frame from behind him and showed it to her. They were gorgeous. Steven looked like John; they're father, green eyes and dirty blonde hair. As for the little one, Lillian, she was beautiful. Green-blue eyes with cute brown curls, a picture of a princess... minus the scrapes on her knees and the mischievous grin.

"They're perfect."

"I saw a picture of you Sam. That's how I knew, how I figured out something was missing. Tara knew that you weren't coming back, but she still loved you. She had a picture of you and her, fixing a patio bench. And one by one, everything came into place. I felt complete every time I thought of you. All these years when I felt sad and empty, it was because you weren't there."

"Tom, some things..." She didn't get a chance to finish. "It should have been the lilies Sam," he laughed. "I kicked my self for not knowing then. How much you loved lilies, how you would serve me breakfast with them. How mad you would get when I pick them. Tara named Lillian after the flowers; she wanted a part of what you loved most to be a part of her daughters as well." By this time Sam was crying. She has missed this life too much. She buried her face in Tom's chest and started sobbing.

She talked through his chest weeping. "I wanted to come back. You don't know how many times I sat by the phone or in a car thinking should I call you or go and see you. But I couldn't. I kept telling myself it was because the doctors told me so. That they almost guaranteed it wouldn't work, and it would hurt you further. But what it really was, that I'd come by and still love you, and you wouldn't recognize me." She sobbed harder. "I couldn't take that Tom, not from you."

"Sam, will you take me back?"

....... to be continued .......

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kitty S