Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Other Life 1: The Call, The

by Kitty S
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Other Life I- The Call

by Kitty S

TITLE: The Other Life I- The Call
AUTHOR: Kitty S
EMAIL: KittyStrawBerries@Hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Angst, Romance, Series (The Other Life)
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: none that i could think of....
SEASON / SEQUEL: any
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: Sam and Jack were going to get married.. so who is TOM?
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: okay.. i know that this story just starts out of no where, so let me explain plez. it goes like this, its sort of a sequel for 'In two months' (although i havent finished it) it was originally part of the series but i didnt want to break sam and jack up in that series. so this is just another version. sort of like, if you like the happy ending keep reading 'in two months' and if you want to see the break up then go here. okay.. i dont think im making any sense. argh! i cant explain it right.... maybe its cuz its sunday night and i have to worry about school on monday, especially since i ditched on friday. LOL = WOW, am i rambling or what! so, i'm just going to leave my e-mail addy so all of you can yell at me! kittystrawberries@hotmail.com

Sam was sitting in her lab catching up with her reports. There was a soft knock on her door. "Come in." She didn't even look up, she was sure that it was Jack, it was around lunch, and he made it into a habit of bringing her lunch to her. Sometimes she would forget to eat when she was too into her work.

"Major, Uh, Sam." Recognizing the voice as General Hammond she made a move to get up to attention. "As you were."

"Sir, what can I help you with?" Sam was a bit confused. Hammond made sure that he didn't slip and call her Sam while they were on base.

"Sam," He looked sad. "I got a call."

"From whom?"

"Tom's CO." Sam's jaw dropped.

"What?" Suddenly her voice was small.

"Sam, sit down."

"No, no.. wait, wha.. When? How?" She stuttered.

"It seems his memories are back." He walked to her and grabbed her shoulders and sat her down. "And, he's been asking for you."

"It's been years. They said that he'll never regain all of it." She sniffled. "They said he won't remember me."

"I don't know what to say."

"Why did his CO call, what did he have to say?"

"When he started to remember again, he wanted to see you."

"Did you tell him?"

"No."

"Where is he?"

"At the pentagon."

Sam just nodded. Hammond sat by her and just hugged her. "Do you want me to contact the Tok'ra?"

"No." She sopped to think. "Yes."

"Sure." He got up to leave. "Sam?"

"Yes Sir?"

"Tell Jack."

Sam stayed on that chair and stared at the same dot on the wall. She didn't bother to move. She just wanted to shut the world out. This wasn't fair to her, the doctors even told her to just move on. She didn't want to but eventually she did. And as soon as she does, in a big way, if you call being engaged 'big', her past comes back to bite her hard on the ass.

"There you are." Jack sat by her and kissed her cheek. "I brought you lunch." He opened her meal for her and sat across from her. "Sam? Yoo hoo! Earth to Sam!"

Sam looked up groggily. Even in the dimmed lights he could see the tear stains on her cheek and her puffy eyes.

"Sam? What's going on? Are you OK?"

"Uh, yeah." She wiped her face with the back of her hand.

"You don't look like it. Sam, tell me, what's wrong?"

"Can we just, skip the lunch and the 20 questions for later? I'm sort of not in the mood." She snapped and stormed out of her lab. Leaving Jack dumbfounded.

She ran to Hammond's office and knocked. "Enter."

"Sir," she sat at the chair in front of his desk.

"Sam, what can I do for you?"

"Can you get me a flight to Washington?"

"Have you told Jack?"

"No, I want to know what Tom wants before telling him."

"Are you sure that's wise?"

"It's the stupidest thing I could do. But I'm not ready to tell him everything about Tom just yet."

"Sam, you should have told him this before you said 'yes'."

"I never thought that he would regain his memories, let alone look for me when he did. Please, the earliest flight you can find me."

"OK."

"Thank you."

Sam was in her house packing. She heard the door open and close.

"Sam, where are you going? What's going on? Hammond doesn't tell me, you've locked me out." He paused. "Dammit! Will you look at me?" When she wouldn't he grabbed her arm and spun her to his direction. "Sam, where are you going?"

"DC"

"Why? And why can't you tell me about it?"

"It's complicated."

"Then simplify."

"I cant."

"Dammit Sam, why are you shutting me out like this?"

"Jack... just..." she sighed "just let me go."

"Let you go," he laughed. "Let me ask you something, are you coming back?"

"Of course I am." There were tears building up in her eyes.

"Then just tell me why."

"Because to him we're still married!" She yelled and let the tears fall.

Jack didn't expect this. This wasn't even in the list. "You were married?"

She sat on the bed and stared at the floor. "Yes, to Tom, he had an accident and he lost his memories. I couldn't get an annulment and I didn't want to get a divorce. It wasn't fair to him. So I just left. Today Hammond got a call that his memories are back and he's looking for me." She looked up at Jack. He had his back to her.

"When were you going to tell me?"

"Jack, I couldn't."

"Why?"

"Because I love you and wanted a life with you." She looked up and turned him around so that he would face her. "Would you have wanted to be with me or even asked me to marry you if you knew? If you knew that I was married and the man I was married to didn't know what I left him?"

She was sure she saw the look of betrayal in his eyes. "Jack?"

"What do you need me to say? Give you my blessing, let you go and be jolly? You were going to leave anyway. Were you even planning on telling me that you were leaving? Were you going to leave a note?"

"I'm sorry. I should have done things differently. Its my mistake, but its not fair to Tom. I have to go. At least to tell him about you."

"It's not fair to me either. You asked me if I would have still been with you had I'd known... I'm not sure right now. I need time, to think. Have a nice trip." He turned and made his move to leave the house.

Sam went after him, stopping him from stepping out of the door. "Jack! Wait. What does this mean?"

He sighed, a flicker of sadness passed his face before he covered it with his anger. "The engagement is off." With that he left, out of Sam's life.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kitty S