Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Ruff Ruff

by Kitty S
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Ruff Ruff

Ruff Ruff

by Kitty S

Title: Ruff Ruff
Author: Kitty S
Email: kittystrawberries@hotmail.com
Category: Angst
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Summary: There's an addition to Sam's life, and he barks.
Sequel to: Dinner
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Sam was sleeping fitfully in her bed and decided to get up. It was about noon, and she was started to get bored. Work was everything to her, often she would go out with her friends but most of her life consisted with work and the military. Sam looked at her bed and decided that she didn't feel like making the bed and walked into the bathroom and closed the behind her and took a long soothing bath. When she opened the door, the captured steam escaped into the bedroom, disappearing into the air. Sam dried off, dressed herself in loose fitting jeans, a short tee and didn't bother with her socks and just slipped her slippers on. Towel wrapped in her hair, Sam walked into her living room and looked at her wall of books, in the years she has made quite a collection. Ranging from J.D. Salinger to `Best of Chopin', with physics in between. She smiled when her fingers brushed the thick piano book, pulling it out; she was surprised when a picture fell from the pages of the book. She lifted to her face studying it; it was an old picture, one she hasn't seen in years.

It was a picture of her mother playing the piano with baby Sam in here arms banging on the board. Sam opened the book, finding it to the page she wanted, sat on the piano bench and ran her fingers on the smooth ivory keys. She played the song almost out of memory, Prelude No.15 in Db `Raindrop' by Chopin. It was her favorite, her dad would often ask her to play something less depressing, but she knew he was teasing. Thinking about her mom and dad made her miss them immensely.

The door rang and she paused and got up to greet whoever was at the door. `Of course' she thought, it was Janet. It was Janet with a dog, a BIG dog. She opened the door, and let both of them in. The dog sniffed Sam's hand when she brought it down to his face, and licked it, showing acceptance. "Hi Janet, I was wondering when you'd get here."

Janet patted the dog's head making his ears twitch when her long sleeves irritated them. "I had to pick a few things up. Well, Baby comes with a leash, a big bowl for with cute little paw prints painted on them, and this really really heavy thing on your porch is called food."

Sam laughed, she really thought that this was a good idea, she loved dogs and she needed company since she couldn't work anymore. And it won't be long till Janet and Sg-1 had to go back to work, making it difficult to come around looking happy for Sam. Baby moved from Janet's side at the door and explored Sam's house. "Oh! Sorry, come in." Sam moved to the side letting Janet in, and shut the door behind them.

"I see Baby is checking out his new house."

"Yeah, I guess he is. Have a seat, do you want something to drink?"

"No, I have to get going soon and you and Baby should get to know each other."

When Baby was done walking around sniffing everywhere, he sat himself by Sam's feet, keeping them warm. "I think we just got to know each other."

"So how's everything Sam? How are you feeling?"

"Umm, I think I feel fine, I mean, I'm not as tired anymore, but I still do sleep in a lot."

Janet didn't have any offers or any solutions to alleviate Sam's discomfort. "Well, if anything goes wrong, make sure you call me OK?" Janet got up and gathered her stuff.

"Of course, say hi to everybody for me." She stood at the door and watched Janet walk to her car. "And tell them that I miss them!"

"I will! Take care Sam. I'll talk to you soon!"

Sam locked her door and sat on the floor, rubbing Baby's belly. "Oh man, I think I'm going to spoil you." She said to no one in particular.

Jack was home sitting on his couch with his feet propped up on the coffee table, leaning back with his eyes closed. Thinking about how he missed Sam, and how much he hurt him. At once. It was actually sort of confusing him, to think about Sam and miss everything about her and to feel the sharp prickling pain in his chest when he thought about her. He got up and decided to stop being a bastard and make things right. It's going to be hard, and in order to fix this with Sam, he had to be a bastard once again to Lydia. He groaned as he thought about how he was going to break things off with her, she's is going to be pissed. But he didn't care; he really needed to rectify his relationship with Sam. He grabbed his keys from the table, slammed the door on his way out, and drove to Lydia's house. If anything, he had to say it to her face. Or what kind of a person would he be then? He didn't want to know.

Lydia was on her way out when she bumped into Jack, wearing a surprised but seducing smile on her face. "Jack, you read my mind." She slipped her arm behind his neck and gave him a warm kiss.

He pushed her back, holding his hand off, as if to warn her away. "Wait, Lydia, we have to talk about something."

"Well talk then."

OK, he knew that, `get to the point' Jack sighed heavily and realized that he couldn't dance around, he had to be frank. "I can't see you anymore."

"Why not? I thought we were doing great. You came back to ME Jack. What is the problem?"

"I came to you because things were going bad with my fianc."

Slap

"Yeah, I deserved that. Lydia I am so sorry."

Slap

`Ugh, she sure has stinging palms.' Jack thought as he brought his hand to rub his sore cheek.

"I don't want to see you again Jack, I can't believe you would do this to me." Lydia started to cry, hurt that she was used, by the man whom she thought she was in love with. She ran back to her house and slammed the door.

`Oh yeah, that went well.' He got into his car, and made the 20 min drive to Sam's place.

End part 8

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kitty S