Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Fever

by Kitty S
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Fever

Fever

by Kitty S

Title: Fever
Author: Kitty S
Email: kittystrawberries@hotmail.com
Category: Angst
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Summary: With Sam in the infirmary fighting a alien infection, Jack is Where?
Sequel to: Bye-Bye Sg-1
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Jack was watching from afar, making sure he wasn't getting in anyone's way to help Sam. He looked at her; she was shivering in the water with her eyes closed. Once in a while Janet would nudge Sam awake, and he would see her blue eyes once again. He was almost grateful that Janet wakes her up; he knew the reason was so that she would be alert and it made him feel better seeing her eyes.

Sam was in the tub for a couple of minutes, she felt like she had been in there for hours. She was tired and every time she got a chance to close her eyes, Janet would tap her cheeks bringing her back to reality. "How long." She asked through her chatting teeth.

"Just a while longer. You're going to be fine." Janet assured.

Jack accosted a nurse walking in his direction and quietly asked what was going on. "Major Carter has a temperature of 106; we had to cool her down with ice." He nodded, watching her go back to Sam, laying the towels on top of a bed. Jack stole a glance toward Sam, she was pale, it wasn't for the heart monitor beeping steadily, he would have thought that she was dead.

More minutes passed and Janet got Sam out of the tub. She was on her bed with towels rapped around her body tightly. Janet once again took her temperature and didn't get the best results but they were lower. She hooked her onto another IV line with antibiotics and let her rest, with no protest Sam went to sleep.

Jack slipped out with out saying anything and headed to his quarters. Janet didn't even know he was there; the only one that knew was that one nameless nurse who forgot talking to him in the excitement.

Sam awoke a few hours later, to see that she was all alone in a privet room in the infirmary. Her throat was dry and she was thirsty, she reached over and looked for a call button when her hand came in contact with a boot. She looked up to see that Daniel and Teal'c were asleep by her bed. Teal'c was sitting on the floor meditating and Daniel was sitting on a nearby chair with his feet propped up on the side of her bed.

She got a warm feeling through her veins and it wasn't the fever, she loved them like family. They were her family, not having the heart to wake them she went back to sleep, hearing nothing but silence she assumed it was the wee hours and everyone was asleep.

Janet was sitting in her lab looking at the samples Sam had brought back. There were some fragments Sam had collected of the local trees there and Janet thought best to see what type of bacteria she was dealing with. She had been up for hours and she was getting tired, but getting another cup of coffee, she looked into the microscope and was determined to find a vaccine.

She must have been really tired, because she imagined it right? Janet rubbed her eyes and looked into the microscope once again. She wasn't seeing doubles, they were splitting. She sighed and got up and sat in front of her computer. She uploaded the image and description into the computer and waited to see what would come up. No matches. "Damn" Janet got up and started to pace around the infirmary.

It shouldn't have been a surprise, she knew that the bacteria was alien, she just hoped that earth had a similar kind so that she can treat it as such. Janet looked at her watch and groaned in frustration. She walked over to Sam's room, got in and smiled at the sight before her eyes. Sg-1 was such a tight group of friends. She quietly checked Sam's vitals and walked out not waking either of them. She went to her own quarters and crashed onto her bed and fell asleep.

Sam woke up hearing voices, she blinked and tried to sit up and failed. Janet aided Sam by bring the bed up so she was in somewhat of a sitting position. "How are you feeling?" She asked while shining the penlight onto Sam's eyes.

"Thirsty." She whispered.

Janet handed her a cup of water, and Sam accepted with shaky hands gulping down the water. Janet took the empty cup and took Sam's temperature, she was glad to see it had gone down a bit.

"Your fan club will back in a minute; they went to the commissary to get some lunch. They stayed here the whole night you know."

"Yeah," She sounded sad. "Has Colonel O'Neill been around?" She asked quietly.

"No, I'm sorry."

San was disappointed; at least he could have come by for a minute just to say `hi' or to see how she was doing. Obviously she didn't mean much to him anymore. "That's OK, I mean, it's not like I'm his responsibility anymore anyway."

"Sam what are you talking about?"

"I requested a transfer, he probably knows now, I was going to tell him but all this came up."

"Oh, Sam, I know how much you loved Sg-1."

"I still do, it's my choice Janet."

Sam was starting to get tired again. Whatever she had was making her tremendously weak, she would sleep all through the night and wake up during noon, and a while later fall right back to sleep. Janet was starting to worry that this infection was more than just, if her fever remained and she continued to sleep and not get enough food, it was going to have some long term effects. It would be a matter of time. She wished she knew how to treat this, to help her friend be well again.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kitty S