Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Little Disappointments

by Kitty S
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Little Disappointments

Little Disappointments

by Kitty S

Title: Little Disappointments
Author: Kitty S
Email: kittystrawberries@hotmail.com
Category: Angst
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: its very short just read it. =)
Sequel to: Fever
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

It was morning once again, and Jack dragged himself off the bed and started to get ready for work. After dressing himself he walked over to the bathroom and froze, it was just sitting there mocking him. Sam's toothbrush, next to his. She's not going to need that anymore, he thought and threw it in the trash.

Driving to the mountain is always the worst these days, knowing Sam is there. Though his feelings are true, though he loved her with all this heart and more, he couldn't forget that there was another. He knew that she loved him back, but he also knew that if he asked her if she was still in love with Tom, she'd say yes. And that broke his heart, and turned it into stone.

In the locker room, he shed his clothes and put on his uniform. He was early, so he walked over to the commissary to get something to eat. He got his coffee, sat down and scribbled his signatures on his mission report. He heard Teal'c's voice and looked up to see Teal'c and Daniel walking into the commissary. "Hey Jack."

"Daniel, Teal'c. What are you doing here so early?"

Daniel was angry with him, it was written all over his face. "With Sam, things aren't so great, she's in the infirmary. You should go see her, she would be happy to see you."

"I'm sure," sarcasm, works wonderfully to piss anyone off. "Maybe I'll swing by later."

"Swing by... you know she almost died."

"Daniel, I was just on my way to see her. Okay? Now stop bugging me and go eat or something." He got up, gathered his stuff and walked away without hearing Daniel swear.

He walked super slowly to the infirmary, as if by the time he got there, she'd be well. `Here goes' He knocked. No answer. He opened the door silently and popped his head in, and then he saw her. She was sleeping, she wasn't pale anymore, but flushed. He was about to go in when he heard Dr. Fraiser's voice from behind.

"Colonel, I was just on my way to check up on Major Carter, is she awake?"

He stuffed his hands into his pockets. "Uh, no. She's sleeping."

"That's okay, you want to come in?" She grabbed Sam's chart and walked in.

"No, I have a meeting with Hammond right now. Just came by to see how she was doing. Bye."

He clearly disappointed her, she thought more of him. Janet changed Sam's IV bag and put in a new full one recorded her temperature and left, letting Sam rest in peace.

Jack knocked on Hammond's door and walked in after hearing his permission. "Sir, you wanted to see me." He sat on the seat facing him.

"Colonel O'Neill, I have some news for you." He passed Jack a file, on a Captain Dawkins. "He will be the new member for Sg-1, replacing Major Carter."

"Don't you think it's a little early? Carter will be up and about soon, I think we can wait."

Hammond leaned back into his chair, "It's a transfer, Major Carter took herself off Sg-1. Effective immediately, there's nothing I can do."

OW! Like a bullet through his heart, so she doesn't even want to work with him anymore, it's as if she wanted to cut all ties with him. Personal and professional. "I understand, is that all?" He nodded and walked out.

Hammond watched him walk out, pain washed over him. But only for a second. He got him self up and walked to the infirmary to see how the Major was doing.

Sam woke up still feeling tired, that's all she felt these couple of days. She doesn't even remember most of it, all she remembers is, nothing, all she does is sleep. It worried her, it CAN'T be good to be sleeping that much. One thing that was a constant was there was always someone there when she awoke. Never letting her feel she was alone.

She blinked and smiled at him, he was sitting at the many seats around her bed. "Hi." She croaked.

Hammond reached over a glass of water and brought it over to her. "Thank you." She eagerly drank all the water.

"How are you feeling?" He asked sitting back down, holding her hand.

"Like I haven't slept a week on a hot summer day."

He chuckled, it wasn't a humoring situation but she wanted to lighten the mood. It felt like every time people were around her, they were being extra careful of what they say. So, she let him know that she felt like shit, but she was okay emotionally.

"Hey Sam, how about dinner with the family, we haven't done that in a while, and I know Liz would love to see you."

"I would love to, how `bout we make a deal, you get me out of here and I'll bring wine." She gave him the `Oh please Uncle George' look, and like the last time she used it many years ago, it worked.

"I'll talk to the Doctor. And we'll see from there."

The grin was so wide, for a second she looked like she wasn't sick, but knew where the secret chocolate stash was. "Great, I can't wait."

He walked out shaking his head chuckling. "Something funny General?" Janet asked approaching him with Sam's medical file, handing it to him. "Here's a copy of the Major's file you asked for."

"Thank you Doctor, I've been wondering, do you have an estimate on Major Carter's condition?"

She smiled. "She wants out and she got the General to spring her." Very blunt that doctor is... "Am I right?"

"Just for dinner. I'll bring her right back, promise... actually, would you like to come too? I mean, we haven't seen you outside of work in a while either... and it might be safer with Major Carter."

She stood still and looked out of it, as if she was debating in her head, the pros and cons. "Umm... I... guess. It's not that healthy to keep her locked up either, she'll appreciate the sunlight."

"Great, tomorrow night then? You can go and tell her, I know she's waiting." He turned to leave, "Doctor, can you tell her something for me? Tell her that she has to bring the wine." And out he went.

Janet nodded and walked into Sam's room, she wasn't sleeping, but very close to it. She walked closer to her bed and sat on the vacant chair. "What's verdict doc?"

"You can go. But I'm tagging along."

"Thank you! I mean, Janet, you are my best friend... but just... you've got the evil needles and you use them!"

She laughed. "So I've heard." She brought her hand up to Sam's cheeks and head feeling the heat radiating from her skin. "How are you feeling? Warm?"

"Somewhat, but I think I'm kind of getting used to it." She smiled.

"I don't know what's going on with this. I was just in my lab checking the most recent blood work, and the bacterium is just sitting there. No splitting or fighting the meds, like before, its just there. And so is your fever, I mean it's been at the same temperature and steady for the last day."

"So... what does that mean? I have a new body temperature?"

"I don't know, and I don't think it's as simple as you put it. We'll see how it goes for a few days. And before you object, you can stay home, its either infirmary or home. No work. And I'll come by every day to check up on you. Alright?"

"I guess it's better then staying here." Janet gave her a hurt look jokingly. "My bed is more comfy." She amended.

She got up to leave. "Oh before I forget, the General said something about you needing to bring the wine."

"That was the deal."

Jack walked into his dark house and saw the red beeping light from his answering machine. He flicked the lights on and played the messages. "Jack, its Lydia I miss you already. I'm glad you want to give `us' another try, come by my place, I'll be waiting." He turned the lights off again and walked out the door, somehow he thought that Lydia would be a easy way out of getting over Sam.

End Part 6

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kitty S