Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Helping a Tok'ra

by Kimberly
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Helping a Tok'ra

Helping a Tok'ra

by Kimberly

Summary: A Tok'ra isn't who she says she is but Sam doesn't know it until after she has allowed her to use her body. SG-1 has to try and rescue her.
Category: Action/Adventure, Hurt/Comfort
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: language, sexual situations
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 03/07/04

"Damn it, Damn it, Damn it! Why is it always us?" Jack grumbled as he paced the cell.

Yet again, SG-1 was imprisoned by some lowly Goa'uld who thought they could make a name for themselves using SG-1. Now they just had to find one of their usually brilliant, a.k.a lucky, ways out of here.

After testing the bars and looking for secret doors, Teal'c and O'Neill began discussing how they could jump the next set of guards that opened the doors.

"Perhaps I can be of assistance?" She was a pretty, short, brunette, who based on her voice must be Goa'uld.

"Of course you can!" Humor her, thought O'Neill. Find out what she wants. "If you could just be so kind as to unlock the door we can find our own way out."

"I will do my best to free you during the changing of the guard. Things are more chaotic during a guard change and that will increase your chances of escaping. I will also make sure that the lock on the door where you weapons are stored is broken. I will return in under an hour. Stay together!"

"I'm afraid I missed something. What?" The Colonel was obviously confused.

"I am Kira.....Tok'ra." She smiled faintly. I will release you but you must escape on your own. It is important that I remain to continue gathering information." With a nod of her head, she left.

O'Neill had a huge grin on his face. "Our luck holds, kids. We'll be outta here in an hour."

No one ever accused Colonel Jack O'Neill of being patient. One hour of waiting with no Jaffa to insult was torturous, although not as bad as really being tortured he reasoned.

She quietly slinked around the corner. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah sure ya betcha. Lets get the hell outta Dodge kids!"

"Your weapons are in the third room on the right. I will lead you there and then you will be on your own."

"Can you point us to the best way out?"

"Of course follow me."

Kira took the lead followed closely by O'Neill, Daniel, Carter, and Teal'c, who took the rear position.

O'Neill found the quiet and the lack of Jaffa very strange. He could tell by the looks on their faces that Carter and Teal'c agreed. Kira pushed open the door and they found their packs, P-90's, zat's and Teal'c's staff weapon lying on a table. Just as they suited up in their packs, they heard voices.

"I will talk to them. Once they leave, proceed down two levels. You will be able to ring out and make your way back to the stargate."

O'Neill put his hand on her shoulder, "Thank-you."

She nodded and walked out the door. There was some conversation, which began to get louder. O'Neill didn't understand them but the look on Teal'c's face told him things were not going well. The sound of a staff blast confirmed it.

O'Neill and Teal'c made it to the door before the Jaffa opened it. O'Neill zatted the first one twice, and Teal'c blasted the second with his staff. There were no other sounds in the hall. They dragged the two Jaffa and Kira into the room. Carter bent over Kira.

Carter was getting out her med kit but Kira put her hand on her arm. "There is no point Major. My host will die soon. I cannot repair her, neither can you. Go now while you have time."

Carter looked up at O'Neill. They both knew they couldn't easily carry her out while avoiding the guards.

"Wait." It was the host, not Kira, speaking. "Please take Kira with you. The information she has gathered about Anubis is valuable. It must get back to the Tok'ra."

They all knew what she was asking. No one made eye contact with her.

"Promise me no blending." Carter looked at the floor as she said it.

"Carter! You can't. The last time it was..."O'Neill didn't know how to finish the sentence. He knew how hard it had been on her when Jolinar had taken over.

"I promise." It was Kira speaking.

"Major, I forbid you."

"I have to do this. We don't have much time. Please, sir?"

He couldn't look at her. How could she even think of doing this to herself again? "It's your choice. Make it quick."

Carter leaned over Kira. "No blending. It was difficult last time."

Kira nodded. "As soon as you return me to the Tok'ra I will find a willing host."

With the pact made Carter opened her mouth and closed her eyes.

O"Neill and Teal'c had taken up positions at the door so when Carter fell back and rolled on her side, obviously in pain, it was Daniel that ran over and grabbed her. She went pale and stared at him in horror. Her face began to get more neutral and, with his help, she sat up.

"Carter, can you make a run for it?" O'Neill still couldn't look at her so he kept his eyes focused out the door.

"Yes." It wasn't her voice. It made ugly chills run down his back.

O'Neill turned to look at her. "I need Carter in control for now." He tried to keep the disgust from his voice but he knew he didn't fully succeed.

"Because we are not going to blend I can not give her back control. I am sorry Colonel O'Neill but you are stuck with me."

With an undisguised look of displeasure on his face, he nodded. "Are you ready to go?"

She nodded.

They left. O'Neill took point with Daniel helping Carter/Kira and Teal'c taking the rear position. They encountered a few Jaffa one level down and a few more outside the ring room. Once they got off the ship and were headed to the stargate they didn't encounter any more resistance. It was an easy escape. That really bothered O'Neill.

"Off world activation, sir. SG-1's IDC, sir."

General Hammond smiled. SG-1 was several hours overdue but that wasn't so unusual for them. "Open the iris."

As soon as they got through the gate the General could tell something was wrong between them. Jack looked disgusted, Daniel looked worried, and Carter looked...different.

"Is everything alright, Colonel?"

"No, sir. Carter has another Tok'ra *friend* sharing her body. She just wants safe transport and promised to get the hell out of Carter as soon as we get her to a host."

The General nodded. "Debriefing in one hour. Be sure the doctor checks each of you before then. Major Carter is to remain in the infirmary until the briefing."

O'Neill understood that the General didn't want some random Tok'ra they knew nothing about roaming the halls. It made sense.

Colonel O'Neill, Daniel, and Teal'c had no injuries and were quickly pronounced fit by the doctor. Major Carter/Kira was subjected to numerous additional tests. The doctor couldn't find anything wrong with either of them. The brain wave readouts made it clear there were two separate minds in Major Carter/Kira with a hint of a third presence. The hint of the third presence had been on Major Carter's scans since Jolinar had died in her so the doctor knew that was normal, for Major Carter.

Colonel O'Neill went to the infirmary to get Carter for the debriefing. "Are you cleared?"

Major Carter/Kira looked at the doctor who nodded yes.

Neither of them spoke as they walked to the briefing room. O'Neill made sure not to look at her. He couldn't stand the thought of what this was doing to her. His caring more than he was supposed just made this even worse. He silently vowed to not let her out of his site until this thing was out of her and she was back to being herself, which could take a while if this thing decided to play with her head.

"Welcome." General Hammond stood as the Colonel and Major Carter/Kira entered the room. Daniel and Teal'c were already seated beside each other on the far side of the table.

"General may I introduce Kira, a member of the Tok'ra." Kira nodded and sat in the chair beside the General. Colonel O'Neill took the chair beside her.

"It is a pleasure to meet you. Colonel can you explain what happened?"

"We were exploring the old pyramid we saw on the MALP transmission when a Goa'uld transport ship landed. We were quickly captured. Kira helped us escape but her host was wounded. She knew her host wouldn't make it and asked Carter's assistance in getting back to the Tok'ra. Kira says she has important information about Anubis. Carter believed her."

"We will of course do everything in our power to assist you in returning to the Tok'ra. At this time, I do not know where the Tok'ra are stationed but occasionally Tok'ra still visit our alpha site. I am sure we can get a message to them."

"Thank-you. I would appreciate your assistance. Since I was not scheduled to rejoin the Tok'ra anytime soon I also am not aware of their current home. If you are not successful in contacting them, I would be happy to provide you some additional contact coordinates where messages can be sent. They are old contacts but one of them might still be active. I have been undercover for several years so my contacts are all very out dated."

"May I speak with Major Carter?"

"I am sorry but Major Carter requested that we not blend. I can tell she has blended in the past and I am sure she did not relish the idea of having another set of memories to deal with after I am gone. As I explained to Colonel O'Neill since we are not blended, I cannot hand over control to her. I can communicate with her if you wish."

"No thank-you. I did not realize that blending was required in order to share the body. Is Major Carter still intact?"

"Yes. She is intact but separate. As I said, I can communicate with her. She is whole and strong. She will be fine."

"Alright. For security reasons you will confined to guest quarters until we can contact the Tok'ra."

"I understand."

"Teal'c, could you escort our guest to the VIP quarters?"

"As you wish, General. Follow me please."

O'Neill kept his eyes on the table as they left. The General and Daniel didn't move.

"What do you think, Jack?" The Colonel looked at the General. He could tell the General didn't feel good about this.

"You know my opinion on the snakes. I tried to tell her no but she was convinced she had to help."

"You should have seen her face after it went in her." Both men turned to look at Daniel. "She looked terrified. It must have really hurt."

They all looked at the table. "Colonel, send a message to the alpha site and ask them to get a message to the first Tok'ra they encounter. I want one of them to come and verify her identity before we send her anywhere."

"I want to go with her when she goes to get this thing out of her. I don't want there to be any chance this Tok'ra will go off on some mission and drag Carter along, unwillingly."

"Understood. Dismissed."

Carter/Kira was bored. Daniel was trying to talk to her while playing the Earth game chess but she wasn't interested.

"Major Carter would like to know if she could go to her lab to get some papers she would like to read."

"That would work?" Daniel looked confused.

"Yes, I will relay what I see. I might not understand what I read but she would."

"I'll ask." Daniel left. The peace alone was worth asking the question, even if the answer was no. The members of SG-1 seemed to always be with her, unless she was sleeping. Wasn't it enough to always have that camera pointed towards her?

An hour later Daniel returned, with permission to escort her to the lab for no more than ten minutes. She was restricted to getting scientific journals, no classified documents.

As they walked, Daniel tried to get her to discuss some of the cultural differences between the Tok'ra eating habits and those of Earth but she tuned him out. He could tell.

As soon as they got into her lab, she went over to her desk. When she touched the mouse on her computer Daniel coughed and came over to her.

"I'm sorry but you are not allowed computer access."

"Oh, of course. I was acting on Major Carter's instinct. That must be the first thing she usually does when she comes into her office."

"Probably."

"Could you hand me the journal on the table behind you?"

"Sure." As soon as Daniel had his back to her, she hit him at the base of his skull. He was out cold with one blow. She went to the camera and disconnected it. She knew she didn't have much time before she was noticed. She went straight to the computer.

"Sir, the gate is dialing out!"

The General ran into the control room as the alarms blared. "Who gave the order?"

"No one General. I didn't do anything. This is being done by remote."

O'Neill had arrived in time to catch the last bit of what the sergeant was saying. He turned to see Teal'c arrive behind him.

As the sixth chevron locked in place Major Carter/Kira walked into the gate room. She looked up at the General and O'Neill as the blast door came down.

With a sick grin she said, "Your Major Carter is very smart. She will be a big asset to me and my god."

"The seventh chevron is locked. The wormhole is established. I can not shut it down."

The blast door prevented them from seeing Major Carter/Kira depart, but O'Neill could feel her absence. She was out there alone. He should have prevented this. He should have stood by his order to not let that thing inside her.

**

"What the hell is my daughter doing looking and 'sounding' like this!" Jacob threw one of the Tok'ra hologram devices towards Jack. It came to life in his hands. The picture showed Carter in a very flattering, although skimpy, gold and red pants suit ordering a group of Jaffa to invade a planet.

"Please sit down Jacob,"

"George, I need the truth!"

"Sit down and we'll tell you everything." It was not a pleasant experience watching Jacob learn how his daughter had been captured. It made it worse knowing that she had gotten into this mess because of her allegiance with the Tok'ra. Jacob couldn't stay seated. His hands were shaking and his anger showed on his face. Very quickly, a calm over took Jacob.

"Forgive me for interrupting, General Hammond."

"I was expecting you to take over soon, Selmac. I wasn't sure how much more he was going to be able to take."

"Major Carter's capture is disturbing to both of us but more so for Jacob, as you understand. I know the SGC wants to rescue Major Carter and I assure you the Tok'ra also do not want her, or Jolinar's memories, in the hands of the Goa'uld. How can we help?"

"We need to get on that ship and we will need your help to get that snake out of her." Jack's face was hard. The lack of sleep was evident, as was the guilt, which he always piled on himself when something happened to one of his team members. Selmac was sure she saw more then the professionally appropriate amount of anguish on his face, but since Jacob didn't agree with her belief in Jack's interest in Samantha she kept this opinion to herself.

"We have brought vials containing the ingredients for the symbiote killing poison. We also have a cargo ship which can use."

"We only need 15 minutes to pack. Sir, can we have a go?" The General knew Jack was only asking because it was protocol. The General doubted he could stop Jack, Daniel, or Teal'c from attempting to rescue Major Carter. Their bond had kept them alive all these years. They would do anything to get her back, safe.

"Wait a minute Jack."

"Why should we wait, Daniel? The sooner we get to Carter the better."

"Selmac, if I remember correctly as the symbiote dies from the poison it releases a toxin that kills the host."

"That is correct." Jack turned to Jacob/Selmac and his fury was obvious.

"You were sending us out there to kill her!" Jacob reassumed control. He knew Jack would take this better from him then Selmac.

"Of course not Jack. She's my daughter. I want her back alive more then anybody. I also have a syringe with what we believe is an anti-toxin. If it is administered after the Goa'uld has released it's death toxin but before the permanent damage begins Sam should be alright."

"Should be? You think? That's not good enough, Jacob."

"It's the best we have."

"And if it doesn't work?"

"Sam would prefer death over being trapped in her body with a Goa'uld." Jack couldn't make eye contact with Jacob.

"Yeah, there's nothing worse then that." A brief moment of guilt ran through Selmac remembering Jack's poor experience with the Tokra. "How will she be if it does work?"

"She'll feel like crap. She'll need your help to get out." Jacob looked at Jack. Jack knew in that moment that Jacob was putting all of his faith in him. Daniel caught the look shared between the men.

"Aren't you coming with us Jacob?"

"No, Daniel. It takes several hours for the poison to dissipate and become inactive. When you and Jack ring back onto the ship with Sam you might still have active poison with you. The risk to Selmac is too great."

"What about Teal'c?"

"He will be piloting the ship. He will be safe from the poison since he no longer carries a symbiote."

"Right." Daniel nodded finally getting the big picture.

"Sir," Jack looked at General Hammond, "do we have a go?"

"Yes, son. Bring her back safe."

"Yes, sir. Let's gear up and move out boys."

**

"Hey, Teal'c. How close to her ship can you get us?"

"I'm dropping you off on a planet that she is currently trying to occupy. After I drop you off I will get close enough to her mothership to hear your signal when you're ready to ring out. I should only need a two minute warning, assuming the shields hold and I am not detected."

"Two minutes, huh? We'll do our best. I guess we're supposed to put up a good fight before we get captured, huh?"

"That would help it look less like a trap, O'Neill."

"Right. How long until we get to this planet?"

"About forty minutes."

"I'll help Daniel get ready."

**

"Jack, I heard staff fire in that direction."

"I can't believe I'm saying this but let's head towards the Jaffa."

They hid behind some trees on the outskirts of some poor little village being over run with Jaffa, presumably collecting slaves.

"Jack, I don't see any sign of Sam."

"Me either. Let's rush in there and save us some innocents while we get our butts captured."

"Sounds like fun."

Both men ran into the village zating and shooting any Jaffa they met. They were vastly out numbered. Daniel was the first one captured. They were hog tied and ringed up to a transport ship, which took them, along with several other new slaves, to Carter's mothership.

They were chained to a wall and left to wait. And wait they did. Daniel didn't have a good internal sense of time but Jack told him they had been there at least six hours. Finally, a Jaffa opened the door to their cell and Sam walked in, headed straight for Jack.

"She has been expecting you. She is disappointed it took you so long."

"Well, you know how it is when you're planning a long trip to visit an old friend. You have to call the travel agent, book a flight, rent a car..."

"Shut up. Your poor attempts at humor will not affect me. I may look like her but I am not her."

"Yeah, I can tell."

She stepped closer to Jack. "Both of you are important to her but you seem to interest her the most. It is so easy to disturb her with images of what I will do to you."

"She's smarter then that. She won't let you get to her."

"Oh, I think you underestimate her feelings for you." Kira reached out and stroked Jack's cheek. Her hand moved down to his neck and onto his chest. He controlled his breathing but his chest muscles tightened as her hand passed over his pecks. "She is furious with me. The madder she gets the easier it is to tear down the walls she has constructed around herself."

"Sam knows that I know what's going on. She won't let you use me against her. She's strong. She'll keep fighting." Jack hoped his words were getting through to Carter. She had to keep herself strong. She had to keep up that wall.

"The funny thing is even as she gets angry that I am touching you she is also thrilled. Many of her dreams and desires seem to focus on touching you and you touching her." Kira leaned in and kissed him. It was a hard passionate kiss, the kind he always dreamed of her giving him. He did his best to not respond.

"Her dreams are much more vivid. I didn't think you could live up to such high expectations."

"Now you are just being insulting. I can live up to any dream she has, try me." Daniel's mouth hung open. This was crushing the regulations into tiny pieces, even if Sam was possessed. Kira stepped back up to him and began kissing him. This time he responded. The kiss became more then he had ever dreamed possible. Her tongue entered his mouth and for a moment, he was panic stricken that it might be the Goa'uld instead of her tongue. His fear began to dissipate as she licked his teeth and sucked on his lower lip.

She pulled back from him and gasped for air. They both had flushed faces. "That is more like what she expected to share with you. She is quite angry that it has happened like this but strangely, she is also flustered and I think you would call it giddy. She wants it to end but I think you are worth more exploration."

"Not here."

"Why not? Are you afraid that your friend will be shocked at how willing you are to take advantage of her body?"

"What you are proposing requires privacy, if we are to truly satisfy her dreams and mine." She looked at him for several minutes.

"She doesn't believe you would do this. Her disappointment is wonderful." A sick grin crossed Carter's face. He knew it wasn't Carter who was grinning. Letting this snake get pleasure from Sam was disgusting but he had to get closer and free his hands if he was going to save her.

She stepped up to him again and began kissing him again. Her hands were running down his chest to his stomach and then..... OH MY LORD! He can't believe she would do this! 'It'snotSamIt'snotSamIt'snotSamIt'snotSam.' Just keep saying it to yourself. DAMN! His body was betraying his mind. As she felt his strong reaction to her lips and touch, she let him go and turned around. She walked out of the room.

"Daniel, can you reach into my left pants pocket and get out the vials?"

"I can try. Turn more towards me." Jack struggled to get closer to Daniels back so he could liberate the poison from his pants pocket. After a couple of minutes of maneuvering, Daniel got the vials.

"Jack, what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to do whatever I have to in order to stay close to her and get her to release my hands. You give me at least ten minutes and then release that poison. I'll take care of Carter."

"Are you sure you can do this?"

A Jaffa entered the room and unchained Jack before he had a chance to answer. His hands were still bound and he was led out of the room. He was taken to a luxurious bedroom, where Sam was sitting on a large bed. The room and the bed were decorated in red and gold, the usual over done dcor the Goa'uld seem to like so much.

Kira nodded her head and the Jaffa pushed Jack towards the bed, Kira was reclined wearing a robe. Based on how see through it was Jack was pretty sure there weren't any clothes on her under the robe. The Jaffa took Jacks arm and forced him to sit on the edge of the bed.

Kira looked at Jack. He felt like a piece of meat, which he figured probably is how she saw him.

"Dismissed." The Jaffa beside Jack didn't move. Although Kira had kept her eyes on Jack they all knew she had been speaking to the Jaffa.

"Are disobeying my order?"

"No, my Queen. I just wasn't sure if..."

"Dismissed!"

"Yes, my Queen." The Jaffa made a quick retreat. He shot Jack a look that said 'be careful'. Jack was pretty sure if looks could kill he'd be dead, again.

"She does not believe you would do this."

"I have been attracted to her for a long time, but she doesn't want to pursue a relationship with me."

"I already knew this. She also has deep feelings for you but she thinks she is protecting you by not being with you. She still doesn't think you are capable of doing this. I guess that just proves she doesn't know much about human males."

"She can be a bit naive." It wasn't a complete lie. Carter did work hard to see the best in everybody, even when there was little good to see. Jack hoped he wouldn't be the reason she stopped looking for the good in people. It was one of the numerous things he loved about her.

Kira sat up on her knees and reached out to Jack. She ran her hands over his chest and began kissing him. The kisses were deep and passionate. When they broke apart Jack began kissing her neck and sucking on her earlobe. Kira let the robe drop off her shoulders.

Kira took a hold of Jack's shirt and pulled it over his head. The shirt ended up being stuck at his wrists where he was still bound by cuffs. Jack used his body weight to push Kira back on the bed. The feel of her nakedness against him was enough to get his body to react appropriately, even though his mind was disgusted at having to do this to Carter.

He continued to kiss her neck, occasionally licking up to suckle her earlobe. She pulled him back to her mouth and they shared another deep kiss, including some major tongue dueling. He kissed down her throat to the hollow just below her voice box. He began moving across her collarbone.

"There is so much more I want to do but I need my hands." Jack didn't think she would fall for it until he felt her moving under him. That felt so good he almost forgot what he was supposed to be doing. She touched a panel beside the bed and Jack felt and heard the cuffs release. He shucked of the shirt and reached around Kira's waist. He drew her closer to him and continued to kiss her neck moving down her chest.

She suddenly stiffened in his arms. Her body arched, forcing her shoulders and heels into the bed. Her head flew back and she screamed. Anyone within range of that scream knew the pain that coursed through her body.

"What have you done?"

"Killed you."

"I'll take her with me!"

"Like hell you will!" Jack reached down into his pants pocket and pulled out the syringe. Kira's eyes glowed and she screamed again. The glow dissipated.

"Sir?"

"Carter? You're going to be fine. I'll..." Jack was interrupted by a new scream. This one was different. It still conveyed the extreme pain running through her body but this scream belonged to just Samantha Carter. Jack stabbed her with the syringe and pushed the plunger.

Her eyes widened. She screamed again. Her body remained stiff under him. She closed her eyes as the scream died on her lips. Her body remained stiff.

As Jack sat up, he brought her with him. He reached back for his shirt and put it over her head. He couldn't get it over her arms because her body was so stiff. He used the robe to cover her as much as possible. Jack picked her up and headed towards the cell where he hoped Daniel was waiting.

There were Jaffa lying all over the floor. They were rolling around clutching at their symbiote pouches. The few human slaves he passed seemed to be in shock and didn't pose a threat.

"Daniel? You still in there?"

"Yeah. Did it work?"

"Like a charm. I'll get you out in a sec." Jack laid Sam down and picked up a staff weapon dropped by one the suffering Jaffa. Jack aimed at the locked and blew the door open.

"Nice job, Jack. I hope you aren't planning to get my cuffs off the same way."

"Of course not." Jack aimed to Daniel's right and blew a hole in the chain that connected Daniel to the wall.

"Thanks, Jack. I guess this means you don't have a key, huh?"

"If you'd like I could go search each of the Jaffa rolling around in the hall while Carter lays here in pain or we can get to a ring room and worry about your cuffs later."

"Later it is."

Jack picked Carter back up. She was still disturbingly stiff but at least she wasn't screaming. Being unconscious had it's advantages. With Daniel's hands tied behind his back and Jack's hands full of Carter they were defenseless. They had to pray none of the slaves unaffected by the poison would attack them as they made their way to a ring room.

Jack had to put Carter back down to signal Teal'c and activate the rings. He picked her back up just before the rings began to descend. The inside of their cargo ship looked glorious to Jack. They were flying the cargo ship back to Earth, which would take almost two days. The Tokra said they didn't want the ship back. They were too afraid of having some lingering poison. Jack figure the ship was a small payment for Carter's pain.

Jack carried Sam into the cargo hold while Teal'c worked on getting Daniel's hands free. Her pulse was faint but steady. Her breathing was shallow but regular. He wasn't sure if he could expect much more. He sat down against the wall and cradled her in his arms. They sat there like that until he drifted off into a light sleep.

He woke when he felt movement in his arms. He hoped when he opened his eyes he would see her beautiful blue eyes looking back at him. Instead, he found she was having a seizure. He grabbed her tighter. The seizure lasted two minutes. When it was over her body went limp in his arms. He couldn't stop his tears. He hugged her to his chest.

Now that she wasn't so stiff he was able to get her dressed. He figured the fewer reminders of their time together in that bedroom when she woke the better. Once she was dressed, he picked her back up and cradled her in his arms again. He ran his hand through her hair and traced her cheekbone with his index finger. He rocked back and forth and whispered to her.

"I'm sorry Sam. I know we have grown apart recently and it's my fault. I tried to push you into get a life when I really just wanted to hold onto you. I could have made this right a long time ago but I was too unsure of myself. It's my fault we haven't been together before now. Stay with me and I'll do whatever needed to make it right. I can't lose you. I need you in my life. I'll accept anything you can give me if you'll just stay." He doubted she could hear him but at least he felt like there was one less regret hanging over him if....

After about an hour of looking at her beauty exhaustion over took Jack. Daniel looked in on them and decided it was best to leave them alone. Jack awoke when he felt Carter moving again. He was afraid it was another seizure. He opened his eyes and found her snuggling up to his chest, placing her head in the crook of his neck. He pulled her closer to him, if that was possible.

"Carter?"

"Sir."

"How ya' feeling?"

"Like crap, sir." Jack couldn't help but chuckle.

"That's funny, sir?"

"Yeah...no...I mean...."

"Yes?"

"It was the way you said it. That's the exact phase your father used to describe how you would feel."

"Is Dad here?" She didn't moved nor opened her eyes as she spoke. His presence seemed to be helping her and he wasn't interested in changing anything.

"No, but he'll meet us back on earth in a day or so."

"Oh, ok."

"Rest some more. If it gets real bad tell me and I'll get you some pain killers."

"Yes, sir. And sir?"

"Yes?"

"How did you manage to get into Kira's bedroom armed?"

"Armed?"

"Yes, sir. I'm pretty sure I remember feeling your sidearm, sir."

"Carrrrrrterrrrr." His warning tone wasn't enough to stop the giggles. It made him feel great, on top of being embarrassed.

"I'm sorry about that Carter."

"I understand, sir. You did what you had to in order to free me. I'm sure it was hard on you, sir." Carter erupted in a new fit of giggles at the very intentional double meaning of her words. She still stayed wrapped in his arms with her head just below his chin.

"We've discussed your problem with giggling before Major."

"Yes, sir." Jack moved his arms to completely encircle her waist and laid his head on top of her head. Her arms reached around his chest. They snuggled up together and fell asleep.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kimberly