Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Nothing Happened

by Kim
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Nothing Happened

Nothing Happened

by Kim

TITLE: Nothing Happened
AUTHOR: Kim
EMAIL: kim@mynock.com
CATEGORY: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: Missing Scene for Fire and Water
SEASON / SEQUEL: Season 1
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: m/f
SUMMARY: Missing scene from Fire & Water in season 1
STATUS: Completed
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This was an idea I got when watching the episode. Every time I saw it the idea got stronger and stronger. Everntually, I had to write it down :-)

Jack was dubious. He believed as much in hypnosis as he did in the Easter bunny. But Sam thought that it might work, so he agreed to let her try.

Something inside Jack told him that they were going to learn something that none of them really wanted to know. He couldn't say what he knew, or even how he knew it. All he did know was that Daniel was still alive somewhere, and someone - or something - didn't want them to know that.

As Sam relaxed herself and sat in the middle of the room, Jack could see that she felt the same way. Something had happened to all of them on planet P3X 667, and they were soon going to find out what.

Dr. Smith was telling Sam to breathe deeply and close her eyes. Jack didn't understand what the flashing lights were for, but he figured that it was better than using a swinging watch. Dr. Smith asked Sam to remember Daniel when we were on the planet. She screamed, obviously remembering the fire. Jack winced, remembering the scene for himself. It was all he had thought about for days, and would have done anything to prevent Sam having to go through that again.

Snapping out of the memory that plagued him, Jack became aware of Sam talking more calmly. She spoke of the planet, how peaceful it seemed, despite the volcanic gas. Jack remembered thinking how it reminded him of a beach he and Sara had taken Charlie to when he was little. Suddenly, he heard Sam mention a ripple in the water.

It was only now that Jack realised that he too remembered that. How comes he had forgotten it? He hated the idea that someone had wiped his memories. It made him feel so out of control. And that was one thing Jack O'Neill hated.

As Sam described meeting the fish-like creature, Jack could picture the whole scene in his mind, too. Daniel had drawn some symbol on the ground, in response to the one the creature had drawn. The creature had looked at all of them, and then walked over to Teal'c and placed his hand over "Junior".

Sam's breathing became shallow and rapid. Jack knew her well enough to know that whatever she was remembering had scared her badly. And Sam didn't scare easily. Then she spoke about the tables, the tests and the pain. Jack balled his fists into his eyes, willing the image to disappear. It wouldn't. He opened his eyes to look at Sam.

As he did, she looked up at him, breaking out of the hypnotic trance. She stood, sobbing.

"We left him there", was all she could say. Jack reached out and held her in his arms, rocking her back and forth.

"Shhhhh. It's okay", he mumbled into her hair, "We're going back for him. It's alright. I promise."

He meant it. What he didn't tell Sam was that he also wanted to destroy the creature. If it had touched one hair on Danny's head....

"Colonel?", Sam looked up at him. Everyone else had left the room. They knew how much a team like SG1 depended on each other, And they understood that the bond between them was stronger than anything. They also realised that Jack and Sam needed to have some space now, to come to terms with what had happened.

"S'okay, Sam", Jack replied, reluctant to let go of her. Part of him felt that if he left go, then she too would disappear, like Daniel.

Sam let herself be held by Jack, relishing the warmth and the sense of security she felt. However, she also knew that Jack felt almost as bad as she did, and instinctively held him tighter.

Jack gently kissed her hair. It felt so good to him. He placed another kiss on her left temple, and then her cheek. It felt right, natural to be holding her, kissing her like this.

Before either of them knew what was happening, their lips found each other. Sam felt her legs go weak, glad of the support that Jack was giving her.

Sam pulled away, suddenly. Jack. Colonel O'Neill. Damn. He was her C.O. Hundreds of excuses ran through her mind, both for and against what had just happened.

But one thing came to the forefront. They were both military and this was against the rules. She looked up at Jack and knew that he was thinking the same thing.

"Nothing happened, Captain", Jack said softly to her. "We were both in shock. Nothing happened", he repeated.

"Yes, Sir, Colonel". Sam turned away from him, and walked out of the room. Jack couldn't see the tears in her eyes, and prayed she hadn't seen the tears in his.

"Nothing happened."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kim