Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Ah Festivities

by Andrea M
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Ah Festivities

Ah Festivities

by Andrea M

TITLE: Ah Festivities
AUTHOR: Andrea M
EMAIL:butterflitter@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: S&J romance, humour (hopefully)
SPOILERS: none that I'm aware of
SEASON / SEQUEL:
RATING: PG-13 maybe, but if you wanted it might be a G
CONTENT WARNINGS:
SUMMARY: response to the 'Sam and Jack get married on a mission and have to explain it.' challenge. I'm not sure I responded rightly but the story is here anyway.
STATUS: Complete
REQUIRED READING: none
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis and S&J archive anywhere else has to ask first.
DISCLAIMER: I don't own these characters and I'm fairly sure that I never will. This story is not earning me any money and if Gekko, Double Secret and MGM wanted to sue me I wouldn't have anything to give.
FEEDBACK: I love feedback, it feeds my inspiration and brightens up my days. If I get feedback then I go to school happy, so I do my work well, so my teachers are happy. See it's a good cycle.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I haven't had this beta read because I knew if I did it would be another week or so before it was posted. So if there's any mistakes I'm sorry for them and please tell me so I can fix them.

*** indicates change from past to present

SG-1 stepped out of the gate's shimmering surface, obviously continuing banter they'd started on the other side of the gate, George Hammond decided as he observed them.

"For shame, Jack, you didn't carry Sam over the threshold." Daniel said grinning. Sam seemed to be blushing.

"Yeah well, I'm kind of fond of Hammond, I didn't want to give him a heart attack." Jack shot back. On a closer look Hammond nearly did have a heart attack. It looked like Teal'c was smiling!

"Give me a heart attack over what?" he asked suspiciously, approaching them. Sam turned even redder, if that was possible. She made several gestures with her hands that didn't really explain anything then just turned and walked away rather hurriedly.

"Ummm, I've got something to do and it's so important that, uh, I've got to go do it now, so bye." O'Neil said and Hammond could swear that he positively ran away in the direction Sam had gone. "Would anyone care to explain to me what's going on?" he finally asked, much amused. Teal'c sniggered, Daniel snorted, Hammond felt that heart attack coming on.

"We had some, uh, celebrations last night." Daniel said, trying to be serious but he failed. "Sam and Jack, well… they tied that knot, they fasted those hands, they got hitched, they got married!" Hammond gaped, Hammond gasped and then he just stood still.

"Are you alright Sir?" Daniel asked, waiting for him to say something.

"I'm fine, I'm just waiting to wake up." He thought for a minute. "Or die of a heart attack. Are you joking, son?"

Daniel just smiled. "Does this look like a face that's joking?"

"Daniel Jackson speaks the truth." Teal'c added.

George Hammond wished he'd brought some painkillers with him. "I can't deal with this right now people, debriefing in half an hour, tell Carter and O'Neil." He walked off rubbing his temples, he could feel a migraine coming on.

HALF AN HOUR LATER

O'Neil and Carter were sitting next to each other and were whispering about something. Teal'c and Daniel sat on the other side of the table. "Okay people, what the hell is going on here?" Hammond thundered at them and everyone jumped. "Doctor Jackson, why don't you explain." Hammond suggested.

"Well, when we arrived on P5X798 they were in the middle of their annual huge bonding, or wedding festivities…" Daniel started.

***

"Ah Celebrations, I do love it when the natives get frisky." Jack remarked sarcastically.

"Why don't you just lighten up and enjoy it Jack." Daniel suggested.

"Because at these things you always talk to the natives, Sam usually has some scientific calculation stuff going on and Teal'c… well anyway I'm left there bored!" Jack replied. Sam put a hand on Jack's shoulder, sending shivers up his spine. "If it makes you feel any better I'll share my calculations with you." She said with a grin. "I never get any respect around here." Jack commented dryly.

***

Hammond sighed, "This is all very nice Daniel but when are you getting to the point?"

"But this is all part of the plot, I'm working up to the point." Daniel said with a twinge of annoyance in his voice.

"Look you told me that two of my best officers are MARRIED! Now I want to know WHY!" Hammond's voice rose and O'Neil and Carter cringed. "I'm getting there." Daniel said. "Now, the proper greeting took place and they invited us to attend the banquet and bonding ceremonies…"

***

Daniel was chatting away happily with one of the priests, Teal'c was quietly observing everything and Jack looked as bored as Sam secretly felt. She had no one to talk to besides her team, all of the women were elsewhere and the men refused to talk to her. "Colonel?" She asked and he looked up from the food he was toying with. "Are you going to eat that purple vegetable." She asked, pointing to the one she wanted. "No, do you want it?" he asked and she nodded. He speared it with his fork and held it out to her. She took it and started to munch.

"Do you think Daniel is going to translate for us anytime soon." Jack asked. Sam laughed. "What do you think?" she asked. Jack took a jug of liquid offered to him by a passing servant. "Want Some?" he offered the liquid to Sam and she nodded so he filled both their cups, then they clinked them together. Jack took a sip and smiled appreciatively. "Not bad." He commented.

***

"Several hours and even more jugs of the drink wore on and Sam and Jack seemed to be chatting happily away and gradually couples left to get bonded." Daniel paused, "By the time I noticed they were gone it was too late."

***

"You know Sam," said a very drunk Jack O'Neil. "We should do this." Sam looked confused. "Do what?"

Jack smiled. "We should get bonded. I mean I've been in love with you for God knows how long, so if you want to we could, you know." Sam stared at him.

"You're in love with me? If I'd known that I'd have done something ages ago! Do you know how much I'm in love with you?" Jack thought about it. "No, I don't." he finally replied and they both collapsed into giggles. "Sure, why not get bonded." Sam smiled. "Sweet." Jack replied and they got up from the table.

"So what's in the drink?" Daniel asked the priest sitting next to him. "It's made from a fruit that helps to loosed the inhibitions and guide the heart towards its true goal. Your friends probably should have drunk so much of it." The man replied.

"Huh?" Daniel turned around to see Sam and Jack gone from their seats and many empty jugs around their places. "Where did they go Teal'c?" Daniel asked, gesturing to the empty chairs.

"They did not say," Teal'c replied calmly. "They said that they would be back." He added.

***

"Well after following the trail and searching high and low we finally found them. Of course by then they were with one of the priests."

***

"Look Daniel, if you don't want to share in our joy then go away." Jack said. Daniel sighed, he wished they would be reasonable. "But Jack," he said.

"Yeah we know, our careers, what if it doesn't work out, blah blah blah." Sam interrupted him. "We don't care Daniel." She said with a shrug. "We're both lonely, frustrated and in love. Now make yourself useful with that camera." Daniel looked at Teal'c for support but all the big J'affa did was hand him the camera.

***

"Actually I captures some quite lovely ones of them." Daniel continued. "I think you'll especially like this one, I took it straight after they were bonded." Daniel pushed the picture towards him and General Hammond raised his eyebrows. In the photo Jack had lifted Sam off the ground, her legs were around his waist and they were kissing deeply, crushing themselves together so completely that it was nearly impossible to tell where one of their bodies ended and the other started. Hammond sighed, who could argue with something like that.

"So do you have anything to say?" he asked them and Jack raised his hand.

"Actually, I was wondering when we get time off for our honeymoon." He said. Hammond thought about the question. Why fight them? Beside he was happy for them.

"Will two weeks do?" he asked.

the end.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Andrea Mr