Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

On His Mind

by Mac
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
On His Mind

On His Mind

by Mac

TITLE: On His Mind
AUTHOR: Mac
EMAIL: marcellawidya@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Romance
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: 3, sequel to Born to be my baby, On my mind
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none, pre-zatayrc, MARTOUF LIVES!
SUMMARY: What happens with Sam in 'On my Mind'?
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Nothing's mine. No money made out of it..... yadayada, standard stuff....
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Big HUGE thanx to Lady S for Beta'ing it!!!!!

Sam stepped out of the gate and felt the warm sun on her face. It was a beautiful summer day, the planet looked just like a huge park. Believe it or not, there were actually trees. The only thing missing was a pond the middle and, of course, the swings. Suddenly Martouf appeared in front of her.

"Welcome to our planet, Samantha. You must be hungry, let's have some, what do you call it, lunch?" Sam smiled and although she wasn't hungry, she agreed.

They walked through the tunnels, until they were in the so-called 'dining-room'.

There were a lot of Tok'ra in there but Sam only knew some of them. A young woman headed towards them.

"Hello, I'm Beluri. You're Samantha Carter, I presume?"

Sam nodded. The woman spoke again. "Nice to meet you. Martouf told me a lot about you." Sam looked at Martouf, who was blushing.

To change the topic, he mumbled something about 'food', 'table' and 'follow' and started to walk away. Sam followed him to eat her meal.

~ Told HER a lot about ME.... Well, she recognized me the moment I walked in. Okay, he told her how I look. What has he also told her? Let's find out...~

After her 'lunch', Sam went to her new room. It was very different from her quarters, back at the base. It was just like a small living room, warm and cozy. But still Sam felt like something was missing and she couldn't figure out what exactly was missing.

~ Whom are you kidding? You know damn well what's missing. It's a certain colonel, who isn't here to hold you in his arms. ~

Jack. She missed him. Sam felt the tears welling in her eyes. She left her love, her life. She left him.

Sam held her necklace he gave her.

~ What is he doing right now? Would he miss me, like I miss him? Or has he all forgot about me? ~

Thousands of questions raced through her head.

A soft knock on her door woke her up. It was dad.

"Hey there Sammy! I took some time 'off', so I can spend it with you"

Sam gave him a small smile.

"That would be fun, I'd love to spend time with you"

Jacob sat down. "So... spit it out" Sam was surprised. "What?" Jacob smiled.

"Well, first of all: I'm your dad, ya can't hide a thing from me. And second," He paused and continued with a grin. "Martouf has this huge goofy grin on his face, you can't miss it. And I bet it has something to do with you, he can't stop talking about you"

Sam blushed "Really dad? I mean nothing happened" "You're here, that's enough to make him happy" Sam smiled ~ So, I make him happy huh? Well, that's a good thought when your ego needs a boost ~

Jacob spoke again "He truly loves you Sam, but how do you feel?"

~ Whoa there... Love? Me? * Truly* LOVES me? Has he told Beluri that too? Oh my.... Jack...~

Sam's face saddened. Her father didn't miss the change. He was about to say something when Martouf walked in.

"Oh, forgive me. I should have knocked" He turned to Sam. "Samantha, I was wondering if you wanted to accompany me, with my afternoon walk outside."

Normally she would have said yes, but right now Martouf was NOT the person she wanted to be with.

"I'd love...like to, but actually I was talking to my father. Maybe some other time?"

The glare she gave her father scared him so much that didn't dare to object. Martouf was disappointed. "Another time is just fine" He turned around and walked out.

Sam began to cry. "Uh, he is coming back, so why..." Sam cut Jacob off.

"I know that, * he* will be back, but...." If Jacob wasn't confused earlier, he was definitely now. "But what Sam? What's wrong?"

~ Does he really need to ask? I practically jumped in Jack's arms back on earth ~

"Nothing dad. Just a bit homesick I guess"

~ L-I-A-R! ~

Jacob didn't believe a word of it, but still acted as if he did. If she wanted to talk about it, she would call him, right?

They talked for hours, until they realized it was way past bedtime. So they decided to call it a day.

Days went by. Sam missed earth and, of course, Jack even more. She couldn't laugh anymore, and she rarely smiled. Martouf followed her everywhere, did I mention the word: EVERYWHERE? Just when she thought she would go psycho and felt like killing him with her bare hands, her father wanted to see her.

"Dad? What's up?" She looked at her father, who wasn't looking that happy. He sat on his chair, staring at a piece of paper. Without looking up he began to speak.

"You know like every good parent, I want you to be happy" He continued "I thought you were happy here, but are you?" Sam was surprised.

~ Truth or a lie, truth, lie, truth, lie, truth, lie, truth, lie...truth in a subtle way ~

"To be honest dad, I would be happier back home. But why are you asking?" Jacob gave her the paper. "Well, it seems that certain colonel isn't 'functioning' very well. He looks like a 'walking zombie'."

"I guess he's got a lot on his mind lately" Sam said. Jacob sighed

"Sam, YOU are on his mind. The message says he was even talking to your picture, for crying out loud!"

~ 'For crying out loud' ..... Dad you have spent too much time around Jack ~

Sam was grinning right now. "You mean, I....if I want?" "Yes Sam, if you want you can go back. And I guess you want to go... " ~ Ya think? ~

"When do we leave?"

Back on the base

"Okay, if you dare to say one thing throughthatmicrophone and evenlookat the alarm-button, you'll get a three hours history lesson, plus exam from me." Daniel threatened the poor Sergeant again.

Lt. Simmons came in. "Doctor Jackson? Colonel O'Neill is in the gym. No way he can hear the gate." Daniel nodded.

The gate started to shake. Daniel glared at the Sergeant, "Don't even try Mister"

The wormhole was established and Sam stepped out. Daniel ran to gate room. "Welcome back Sam. How are your acting skills?"

~ Okay, the plan was simple. Daniel goes to Jack, Jack gets mad and I jump in. Simple, easy, piece of cake.......... so why am I shaking? ~

"DON'T YOU DARE TO TALK ABOUT HER LIKE THAT!!! SHE * IS* WORTH IT! AND HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FORGET HER?? SHE IS MY LIFE AND I LOVE HER. AND I *WILL * LOVE HER TILL I DIE!!!"

~ Am I this important to him? Is it really me he's speaking off? C'mon Sam, of course you are...... right? I guess I just have to find out. Here I go ~

"Who do you love Jack?" Sam was so nervous that her voice was barely louder than a whisper. Jack turned around, shouting.

Sam never thought he could be THIS angry. He realized it was Sam and looked confused. ~ Still as cute as ever ~ Sam smiled. That was the last thing she could do or say, 'cause Jack crushed her against his body.

Jack began to ramble and asked her some questions. Sam answered them, meanwhile she saw a grinning general and a scared but also happy Daniel in the corner of her eye. Everything went as planned. She smiled, looked at Jack and kissed him.

* THE END *

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Mac