Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Hold Me

by Mac
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hold Me

by Mac

TITLE: Hold Me
AUTHOR: Mac
EMAIL: MacStargazer@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: Romance, Hurt/Comfort
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS:
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4
SERIES:
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: None
SUMMARY: O'Neill has gone blind, only temporarily of course.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Jack O’Neill got up. He pressed to button on the watch Doc Frasier had given him so he’d know what time it was until his sight returned. ‘Only temporarily, the cells in your eyes should have repaired themselves within a week’ “Yeah, great. This is fun! Who needs eyes anyway”, he said to himself. “It is now 11pm and 34 minutes” the mechanical voice told him. And after a few moments of just sitting on his bed “It is now 11pm and 35 minutes”. He got up and grabbed for his fatigues, got dressed and out of his quarters. His hand to the wall he started walking. Without really having planned it he ended up in front of Carter’s lab. Hearing the tapping of her keyboard he decided to knock. No answer, so he opened the door and walked in “not like I’m going to see if she’s doing something I’m not supposed to see” he thought. “Carter?” he asked out loud. The tapping stopped. “Oh, hi, Sir” she actually sounded like she wasn’t annoyed that he was there. He just stood there. And after a while “Why aren’t you in bed Carter?”, reprimanding her. “Couldn’t sleep, so I decided to get some work done.” He still just stood there, hands in his pockets. “Sir, you want to sit down?”. He lifted and turned his head in the direction she had just moved. “I… yeah.” He took hold of the chair she had just put in front of him. “What are you doing? Ahh, Ok, don’t answer that.” She had to laugh out loud, just a short laugh, but it was a laugh. “I miss seeing your smile.” He said it not thinking of the regulations or breaking them. He said it because it was the truth. Ever since he’d lost his sight six days ago because of some strange alien device he’d missed being able to see her face. She just looked at him not knowing what to say to that. “I’m sorry… Maybe I should go.” He got up. “You should try to get some sleep, Carter”. He started to turn and leave but stopped when he heard her voice. “Sir?” He turned back to face her. “How are you holding up? I mean… really, how are you feeling?” He closed his eyes - not that it made any difference whether they were open or not -, put his left hand into the pocket of his pants and his right through his hair. “It’s frustrating as hell.” Carter moved closer to him, wanting to reassure him somehow. “I mean, I can’t see. I don’t know who’s in a room when I walk in. I don’t know what people are really thinking because I don’t see their faces. It’s like I’m stuck in a dark room.” He started fiddling with something his hands had found just now. She took it from him, putting her hand in his. “I miss seeing you.” Both knew he wasn’t allowed to say that, he wasn’t even allowed to think it. And she wasn’t allowed to say what she said next, still keeping her hand in his. “I miss being seen”. She moved closer. “God, I want to hold you and never let go.” Had he just said that out loud? “Then hold me…Please. Hold me. Just for a little while.” And he did, wrapping his arms around her he held onto her for dear life.



“We shouldn’t be doing this. You’re Carter – not Sam. This could ruin your career. I could ruin your career” O’Neill murmured after a while. She looked up into his face. “You’re right. It would ruin our careers.” Slowly he let go of her, trailing his hand along the side of her face and arm until he reached her hand. “You look tired…Colonel.” “You sound tired. You’re working too much.” He paused. “Janet thinks so, too. I told her I’d talk to you about it.” He paused again. “I also told her I’d make you take some days off, go on vacation. At least for a few days”. She gave a short mirthless laugh. “I get to lonely off base. I’ve gotten too used to having you guys around me all the time.” He said nothing for a short moment and then grinned. “Yeah, I guess we’re addictive.” She looked up then smiled, too. “Come on Major, let’s get you to bed. Girls your age need their beauty sleep.” “Girls my age? What’s that supposed to mean?” she asked menacingly but with a smile in her voice. “Oh, right, what I meant to say was, scientists with the size of your brain need down time to refresh. On the other hand, men my age Do need their beauty sleep.” With that he moved to the door, his hand on the wall. “You coming?” “Just need to finish up.” “Major, BED!” “Yes, Sir” she smiled “Good night”.



The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Mac