Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Husband or the Father, The

by Venom69
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The husband or the father.

by Venom_69

TITLE: The husband or the father.
AUTHOR: Venom_69
EMAIL: venom_69_anderson@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: None given.
PAIRING: Sam and Jack, Sam/other
SPOILERS: none
SEASON/SEQUOL: none
RATING: M
CONTENT WARNINGS: A lot of swearing. ~*What can I say? I just can't help myself!*~ A hint that a certain two ppl had sex ~*wonder who that could be?*~, domestic violence
SUMMARY: Sam is married, and pregnant, but her husband may not be the father!
STATUS: complete but send me nice feedback and there may be another part..
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis. If you want it then you are most welcome to it but just have the curtosey to send me a 'lil message for my ok and it's yours.
DISCLAIMER: I don't own the stuff in this story showtime and all of thoes reallly nice ppl do so I'm just borrowing it. Please don't sue. Ta. ~*V*~
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I was reading a story on the archive called 'Redemption of fear' by Kate and I was inspired. So instead of writing a speech on Romeo and Juliet like I was supposed to during my english class, I made the plot for this. My apologies to my english teacher, and although as facinating as R&J is you just make it so boring. So this story is for him and also or anyone out their who is in a domestically violent situation. My heart, cold and icy as it is, goes out to you all. One more thing if you haven't read 'Redempion of fear' then ppl do yourselves a hugh favor and get your butts into gear and read it! Jaffa Kree read it! And send me feedback!! ~*V*~ Just a little note. S.O.P = standard operating procedure

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Sam we are. I ran the test three times."

Pregnant.

Me.

This is very good.

Me.

Pregnant.

"How far alone am I?"

"About three months."

Oh-no this Is very bad. Okay at this moment I am putting on my very best 'deer trapped in headlights' face and I can see that Janet has come to the same conclusion that I have. This is very bad. He will not be happy when I tell him. How in the hell am I going to explain this one?

"Are you sure that I'm three months?" she gives me a very weak smile.

"Yes Sam I am. What are you gonna tell him?"

"Who?"

"The father. You do know who the father is don't you?"

I nod slowly. Giving her an affirmative.

"Is it who everyone else would think it is." I shake my head. Giving her a negative.

This is bad.

No, correction this is very bad.

Sorry doc I can't pretend. Anyone with half a brain can do the math on this one. It just isn't his baby. What the hell am I supposed to do. Who do I tell first? The father or my husband. My husband, god what in the hell am I supposed to tell him? I love him really I do. Sort of. You know I have always read stories about women in my situation but I always wondered how could someone be so careless and that it was totally irresponsible to get pregnant to someone who wasn't your partner. For some reason I never could read the end of the story. I only ever got to the bit when they found out about their baby and ended up being so judgemental that I threw the story away and now I'm beginning to think that maybe I should have kept reading the whole thing so that I could find out how they handled the situation. It might have been able to help me out now.

"How long do you think that it will be until I start showing?" I ask Janet and she gives me a warm smile.

Note to self: get Janet a bunch of flowers for being such a wonderful best friend and a great and understanding doctor.

"Sam why do you think I ran the test in the first place? You have been showing for about a week. But don't worry, I seem to have been the only one who's noticed." She gives me an even warmer smile this time.

Note to self: change the last note to get Janet roses.

"When we all went out the other week I noticed that you were having a small amount of trouble getting into that mini skirt that you bought when he was away, so it occurred to me that you might need a check up. Sam I am sorry but I think that we have both worked out that he'll notice sooner or later and I think that he will figure it out. Do you still love him?"

My head snaps up from it's previous resting place of my chest. I know that she is asking this question as a friend but their are something's that I just cant describe.

Note to sself: try not to look guilty when answering these sort of questions.

"Who?"

"Both, I guess."

"Yes, I still love my husband." Janet nods and smiles at this. I know that was the answer that she wanted to hear but don't rest assured yet, doc, get ready for the bombshell that I'm about to drop. "But I love the father of this baby just as much, maybe more." I can see the disappointment in her eyes. This was not quite what she was expecting and it really complicates things. How the hell can this happen to me? I am a Major in the United States Air Force, and I not only managed to get pregnant to a guy that isn't my husband I somehow managed to fall in love with him too. Yeah I could just see that on my record. I think that 'suzy-home wrecker' and 'gets knocked up to people that aren't her husband' would look great right in there between 'resident expert on the Stargate' and 'phd in astrophysics.'

"But the six million dollar question would be, who do you love more and who do you want to raise your child?"

"I don't know who I love more, but I do know that I would prefer the father to raise this baby, if he wants it, but I think that I still love my husband."

God, how did this happen? I keep asking myself that and no matter how hard I try I still can't find the answer. That is up until my little TV set in my brain shows me the answer. It shows me exactly how this happened:

~*~*~

"Sam are you home?" I can hear him call out to me but I'm on the phone and I don't really need to put up with his shit right at this moment.

"Yes dear. I'm in the bedroom."

"Let me guess you're on the phone to Janet right?" he asks. As his sentence goes on I can hear him get closer. Then just as he says the last word I see him poke his head into the room to see me lying flat on my stomach with me feet in the air talking to Janet about our up-coming 'girls night' and he looks mad as hell at me.

"Yeah, Janet look he just got home and I had better go. No I can handle it. You just concentrate on finding Cass a baby sitter and I'll organise the male strippers." We both giggle at this but he doesn't look pleased. He has no sense of humour anymore. When I first met him his humour was a little dry but that changed as I got to know him. I say my good-bye's to my friend and press the 'reset' button on my cordless phone.

"Hey how was you're day?" I ask trying to sound a happy as passible.

"Fine. I thought we talked about how much you use the phone, Samantha. Didn't you get the message the first time we talked?" I look at him. I hate it when he calls me 'Samantha' not that I don't like my name, it's just that when he says it I get a little scared. Although if it came down to a fight I could use my level three advanced hand to hand combat training against him and kick his ass but all he would have to do is use his weight and he could wipe the floor with me.

"Did you hear me? I asked you if you if you got the message?" I hate it when he pulls this on me.

I stand up off the bed and he stares at me, when suddenly he rushes forward and grabs my shoulders. It hurts and I can't break free. Usually he is smart enough not to leave any marks but this time he isn't even thinking about that because I can feel my skin beginning to bruise.

"Of course I got the message." I shout angrily, and he tightens his grip.

"You think that after you hit me I would forget? God, you smacked me across the eye and now you think that I would forget? Janet called *me* ok? We are getting together tonight and she just wanted to confirm a time." He lets go and pushes me back onto the bed.

"No you are staying home tonight."

"The hell I am. Janet, Daniel, Teal'c and Jack and I are going out." I say as I get up off the bed to stand square in front of him. You wanna fight darling then we'll do it with us both standing up.

"Now I get it." Sorry sweetheart but for a doctor with a high IQ you are incredibly dumb, you couldn't get it if your life depended on it.

"Get what exactly?" I ask with just a little hint of sarcasm. He hates that, he always thinks that's an indication that I spend to much time with Jack.

"Now I see why you always want to go out so much."

"Oh yeah, and why is that?"

"You just want a chance to drool over that dumb ass screw up, Colonel 'dickhead' O'Neill."

Oooooh bit of a sore spot there. Then again Andrew knows that. He knows what Jack and I felt for each other and it bugs the shit out of him. He seems to think that just because regulations don't allow us to be together, that we are still in love. Not that he's very far off mind you but that is something that he will never hear me tell him.

"God, will you leave Jack out of our arguments?"

"No, do you think that I am blind? I see how you two flirt with each other and I've heard the rumours that you two are screwing every chance you get." Now this little domestic has gone from harsh words to a screaming match between us, and if this argument follows the normal S.O.P. then in about two and a half minuets or so he will have hit me and I will have hit back causing more damage than he did.

"Don't you know the difference between Fact and Fiction? Besides that we are just friends. In case you don't remember you and I are married and I'm not about to jump somebody else's bones."

"Well I don't know. You might be doing just that 'cause it ain't like you and I ever do anything, now is it?" another sore spot. Unlike my other one this is only a sore spot for him. Hey it isn't my if he doesn't excite me that way. God I hate him sometimes. And yet I'm still with him! Oky so I hate him but I love him.

"And who's fault is that?" I ask and I just know that I have just earnt myself a good wack.

Note to self: Don't bring up your lack of sex life while in the middle of an argument

About thirty seconds later he proves me wright and he back-hands me. It hurt, actually it hurt a lot but I am straight back in there hitting him and before I know it I have kneed him in the groin, picked up my travell bag, grabbed my wallet and keys and am heading for the door.

Andrew is going away for a month to help with the preperations for the 'more equiped infirmary' because Janet couldn't go due to having Cassie. So just before I walk out of the bedroom door I turn to look at him. He has such anger in his eyes and I think that I may have pushed him a little too hard.

If he could move he would try and kill me right here and now.

"Have a nice trip, sweetheart, I'll see you in a month." I say, and I flinch at my own tone. I walk down the two steps that separate our sunken lounge room and the bedrooms and walk out the door slamming it as hard as I can. I have no idea what I am going to do for the next month.

~*~*~

"If I tell Andrew he'll kill it." I state and Janet looks surprised.

"What do you mean?"

"We'll we kind of get into these really big arguments and they get really....um over heated and then somehow we sort of....um....we always end up getting into....um a little bit of a violent argument."

"Sam? What exactly do you mean?"

"Well usually...." god how do you tell your best friend that you and you're husband beat each other up. Janet whatever you do stay seated.

"Usually what?" she asks and I can see that she is getting impatient.

"Usually he hits me." She sucks in a sharp breath and I can tell that she is surprised. But wait, Janet, there's more!!

"Then I hit back and before you know it we have usually caused each other some pretty nasty damage."

"Sam, how nasty is nasty?" god Janet do you want me to videotape one of these little fights?

"Well, the ones that cause the least damage are usually just me with a black eye and Andrew with a broken rib or two."

"And the worst?" she asks. I know that she is asking as a friend but there is only so many questions a girl can stand to be asked.

"Well one of the worst was when I broke my arm and I had a cut along my stomach that needed a few stitche." Janet nods understandingly but that's just the thing, she doesn't understand. No-body does.

"What about, Andrew? How did he come out of that one?"

"Um.......I stabbed him in the stomach."

"You what?" she nearly shouts. Yeah Janet I stabbed the bastared in the stmach, shoch horror.

"Janet I think that he deserves to at least know. Please don't look at me like that I am talking about Jack not Andrew."

"Ok. Well, look you can come and stay at my place tonight if you like and I'll help you tell Andrew"

"Thanks but for now I'm going to my lab for while to do some thinking then I am going to tell Jack. Thanks Janet I really appreciate your help." She smiles at me and I leave her office and head towards my lab. I can't help thinking back to how all of this got started.

~*~*~

I keep asking myself whhy I'm here. I know that I love him and I know that he loves me but still I really dont see this as the wisest course of action. "Come in" I hear him hout and I opene the door. I have to smile at the sight before me. Here he is Jack O'Neill sitting on his couch, beer in one hand TV remote in the other. He's watching a hockey game, when somehow he finds the strength to tear his face away from the screen and looks at me.

"Hey Carter, come on in what's up?" he says smilling profoundly at me and by the look on his face I would have to say that more than likely his team is winning. I come into his house and close the door. It's only now that he notices the bag on the shoulder.

"What's with the bag?" he asks and I slowly turn around and he can see my face, no doubt he can also see my black eye and cut lip. "Sam? What the hell happened to you?" he says while slowly getting up and coming over to me. I look at him with tear filled eyes and he pulls me into a hug and I cry. He starts to rock me gently and kiss the top of my hair. My bag falls to the ground and my arms wrapped around him and he takes me over to th lounge where we sit on the couch in a loving embrace.

"Sam what happened?" I look up into his eyes and see nothing but concern.

"We got into a fight."

"Did he do this to you?" stupid question Jack. What do you think that there is a chance that one of the neighbours got involved and beat me up for making to much noise?

"Yes, but it's not quite how you think. He hit me and I hit back. Before I knew it we were fighting and he grabbed me. There was no way to get out of his grip so I utalised his weakness and kneed him in the groin and he hit the floor. I got up and left." He smiles weakly at me and I lean forward and kiss him. Slowly at first and then it gets more passionate and a lot more electric. Our hands started wandering and my tounge silently requests and is granted entrance into his mouth. We break for air and I look at him and he smiles at me.

"Are you sure about this?" he asks and I love how sweet he is.

"More than I can say." I answer and he gets up and takes my hand. We walk silently to his bedroom and before we enter one thing occurrs to me. I know what I'll be doing for the next month.

~*~*~

I think that I am going crazy.

What to do?

Who to tell?

Which one do I love more?

Which one loves me more?

What do I do?

There are so many questions and I don't have answers to any of them. I know that Andrew loves me but when we fight I just get so scared. Not that I usually worry about that. Our arguments are simple.

We disagree.

We yell.

He hits me.

I hit back.

We fight violently.

Always the same. You could almost time it to the second. We both com eout of the fights looking terrible and then we make up. He always tells me that he loves me and I crumble. I can't help it. He does the puppy dog eyes like Jack and I crumble every time. And there it is. Plain as day. Andrew has been right all along, I compare him to Jack, and he nver measures up. Never. I never care when we fight but now I have to think of this baby, Jack's baby.

That's it I have decided. I get up and head to his office. I need to see him. I need to tell him and I need to hear him tell me that this was a mistake and he is really sorry that it happened.

Knock knock. Here goes nothing.

"Enter bu I should warn you that I am doing paperwork"

"Jack, it's Sam. I'm not General Hammond." I don't need to see him to know that he is smiling at this.

"Come in then." I enter and he smiles at me. I focus on his hands. I can't help it but I remember three months ago when thoes hands were on my body. Arousing me and caring for me.

"You're right you know, you're not Hammond way too cute to be him." I smile.

"Jack we need to talk." His face goes from the joking manner that it was to a serious facade.

"Yes, we do. Sam before you start I want you to know that I love you and I want to be with you. Look I'm not asking you to get involved with me in some raunchy affair, if you dn't want this then I ill back right off. Please don't say that's what you want."

No, no, no, no, no, no, NO!! That is not how it was supposed to go. How the hell am I supposed to deal with this now.

Tell the truth Sam. Jut tell him the truth.

"I love you to." His face goes to the biggest, happiest grin I have ever seen "but" and the grin fades. "We have one small problem."

"What?" he asks, the concern written all over his face.

"I'm.... I mean .... we are .... no what I mean is we're pregnant. You and I are having a baby."

"What?"

"You don't want it. That's ok because I totally understand and I wasn't expecting you to ...."

"Stop talking, Sam. This is the most wonderful news I have ever heard." What?! It wasn't supposed to go like this either. But I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. He gets up and pulls me into a feirce hug and we are both crying and telling each other that we love each other when suddenly the door swings open.

"You slut! I told you that you two were playing slap and tickle every chance you got. Now Samantha look what you have done, gone and got yourself knocked up." Andrew is standind there and it would seem that he has heard everything that has just been said.

"Andrew, fuck you." I say and I can tell that Jack is proud of me by the way he hugs me a little tighter.

"No you see if you remember correctly you never wanted to do that. Guess that you were too busy screwing this prick."

"Jack call the guards." I wisper to him.

"I can handle this, baby." He wispers and I shake my head and he calls the nearest airmen and they take him away.

"Hey, when you get a divorce will you marry me?" he asks.

"Of course."

~*~*~
6 MONTHS LATER
~*~*~*

'This court herby declairs that the marrige between Doctor Andrew Steven Weilding and Major Samantha Louise Carter is officially over.' When the judge said that my heart soared and the next day Jack and I got married. Okat people I am doing what I was told, I'm thinking of good things and the pain is still coming.

"Where is the asshole who did this to me?" Think happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts. Who was the dickhead that said 'when you hold your baby for the first time you forget about the pain of labour' yeah? Well this baby had beter be something god damn special for me to forget this.

"Where the bloody hell is hat god damn prick"

"Hey Sammie, sorry but I had a little disagreement with a opening door."

"I HATE YOU I HATE YOU YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE AND I HATE YOU!! ARGH" I was screaming and now I'm yelling and screaming. This is very very painful and I hate Jack.

"OK Samantha now you need to push." I love it how the doctor can say that so calmly, after all it's not her crotch that is 10cm wide and about to spit a baby out.

"Come on Sammy you have to push."

"Shut up you bastard!! I hate you for this and if you call me Sammie again I'll shoot you myself. GET IT?"

"Push."

~*~*~

And then it was over. It felt weird pushing like that but I was to tired to do anything else but let my head fall back and wait to see what my effort had brought me. When he doctor handed me my beautiful little girl I cried. I don't know if it was because I was so happy or because I was so scared but I just shed a milion tears and when I lookde at Jack he was crying too. I nearly fell off the bed when I saw him. The only other time I ever saw him cry was when I told him about the baby and we exchanged our love.

"Hey. Do you want me to put her to bed?"

"Sure. Um Jack, I think that we really need to find a name. We can't keep calling our daughter 'her' all the time" he smiles at me and it's one of his better smiles. Jack puts her into the cot at the end of our room. She is so beautiful and I know that she gets it from Jack. Except her blue eyes which are a typical 'Carter' trate, but it is a possible that they will change. She has a little bit of brown hair, and I know that she got that one from Jack.

"So what do you think is a good name for her?" he asks and he come and lays on our bed with me. We snuggle closer together as if it will help us think. We have had our daughter for three days and still haven't come up with a name. We cant have her birth certificate saying 'no name O'Neill' that wouldn't look good.

"What about Sammie?" Jack suggested.

"No. But I do like the name Heidi." I look at him. I know that the decision of a name is a joint choice but I relly had me heart set on Heidi.

"You do? That was my nan's name. So we have a daughter, Heidi O'Neill.. Cool" I smile and we kiss. We are a family. At least I know that I will never have to choose between the husband or the father again, because I know that the husband is the father.

The end.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Venom_69