Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Dating Is a Nightmare

by Venom69
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Dating is a nightmare

Dating is a nightmare

by Venom_69

TITLE: Dating is a nightmare
Author: Venom_69
Email: venom69@antisocial.com
Category: Romance, Action/Adventure
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Spoilers: D&C
Season: 4
Rating: G
Content Warnings: none
Status: Completed
Summary: What would happen in our fav couple went on a date???
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
Author's notes: This idea wouldn't leave me alone! I got it when I was in Guttersville *Waves to all of the ladies down there! * And figured that if I didn't write it, then the long story that I'm in the middle of will never be completed! I'm thinking about writing the date scene as a sequel! Let me
know!
Dedication: For www.myownemail.com simply because I have two e-mail account there and I'm running out of people to dedicate these to!!
Feedback: Hell yeah!

Jack walked into Sam's lab, nerves jangling, making his palms sweaty, his heart race and his pulse start to race.

She was bent over her workbench, looking at a small glass slide through the microscope. Jack guessed that the slimy green substance on the slide was from the walls of the ruined city on P4C-251

They'd come back from that mission a few hours ago, all muddy and feeling worse than they looked. The city that they had found had been virtually destroyed, the only thing left was a few lone walls that had obviously had a better construction job than the rest, which were no more than piles of rubble.

Daniel had thought that whatever society had been there, was advanced enough to know that they had to leave, before the city was destroyed.Their best guess was that the civilization had advanced too far, and saw the danger coming, so they left.

The only thing that remained was the green slime that was all over the remaining walls. Sam has taken a sample to try and determine what it was, and Daniel was looking at some video footage of the writings on one of the walls that they found, trying to determine which civilization these people were descendants of.

"Found anything?" Jack asked, walking into the room and pulling a stool out from under the bench so that he could sit next to Sam.

"Not really." Sam sighed. She was frustrated. She could grasp the concept of a naquadah reactor from another planet way more advance than them, but she couldn't work out what the slime was.

"Do you have any idea what it is?" Jack asked, trying to calm his nerves.

"Green slime." Sam said, smiling slightly.

"Isn't that the sort of thing that I'd say?" Jack said, smiling.

"Yeah." She snorted a small amount of laughter "Can I do something for you, sir?" Sam asked, curious as to why her CO had stopped by.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go out tonight." Jack asked, his nervousness coming back in full force.

Sam was shocked, to say the least. She knew that the Colonel had less than professional feelings for her, but she had got the message that he wasn't ready

Except for the time that he asked her fishing, but he pointed out that they were just two friends, going on vacation together.

"Ah. . . okay." Sam said, nodding her head slightly, wondering if this was a case of to friends going out, or two people who are attracted to each other going on a date. Admittedly, Sam was too embarrassed to ask, but she hoped that she'd find out sooner or later.

"Great, well I'll pick you up around seven and we can go to dinner and a movie. How's that sound?" He asked, euphoric that she'd said yes.

"Sure. I'll. . .ah. . .see you at seven!" She called as he walked towards the door.

Sam was elated that she had a date with Jack. At least, she assumed it was a date, after all 'dinner and a movie' were the cliched "date" events.

"God, what do I wear?"

~*+*~

"Carter." Sam said, picking up the receiver after quite few rings. She'd been thinking about her date with Jack and what to wear, so she'd almost missed the call.

"Hey Sam, you busy?" Janet's voice asked, humming through the phone.

"No Janet, just thinking." Sam replied, wondering how much of the work in her lab she could do before she had to go home and get ready.

"Oh, well I was wondering if you wanted to come over to my place tonight and get drunk, talking about men." Janet asked, and Sam snorted at the though of what had happened last time they'd got drunk and talked about men. They'd ended up doing shots and calling then hanging up on Daniel and

Jack, who kept threatening to call the police on them.

"Actually, I have a date." Sam told her friend, smiling at the thought.

"Ohhhh, and might I ask, with whom?" Janet asked, knowing precisely with whom Sam would want to go on a date.

"You know who." Sam told her cryptically, knowing that there was no guarantee that they were alone in this conversation. The last thing that she wanted was for word to get around before the date had actually happened.

"Really!" Janet asked, pleased that the object of her friend's desires had finally got a clue!

"Yep. God, I haven't been this nervous since I was 15! I mean, what do I wear, what do I say?" Sam asked, suddenly unsure about the whole thing.

"Okay, where are you going?" Janet asked, hoping that her limited datingexperience would be of some use.

"Dinner and a movie."

"Okay, well the movie is easy, because there is no talking required, as fordinner, well just try and find a subject that you're both interested in." Janet told her friend, watching as people who walked past her office sent her strange looks and wondered why she was talking about dates.

"Yeah, like quantum mechanics?" Sam replied sarcastically, trying to think of a reason to get out of the date.

"Sam, he likes you and you like him. I don't think that it is going to be quite the disaster you think it will be. You just need to relax, and it'll go fine." Janet said, trying to calm the obvious nerves of her friend.

"Thanks. I guess I needed to hear that." Sam said, now with a smile on her face.

"What are friends for? Why don't you come over to my place and we can find something for you to wear?' Janet offered. "I'm off now."

"Okay meet you topside in ten." Sam replied, hanging up the phone, andfeeling much better about the whole thing.

~*+*~

"So how'd it go?" Janet asked eagerly, watching as Sam sat down in thechair opposite her.

"It was a disaster! We had nothing to talk about, we were both nervous, the food was bad, the movie worse and I think that saying goodbye was the most awkward thing in my life!" she exclaimed, slumping further into her chair.

"Dating is a nightmare!" an exasperated Sam cried. Janet's eyes went wide as she listened to her friend tell her about how bad the date had been.

Janet couldn't understand how two people who were so attracted to each other, could have such bad time. They liked the same books and movies, but more importantly, they liked each other. What had gone wrong?

~*+*~

"Hey Jack, how was the date?" Daniel asked, watching as Jack flopped into the chair opposite him.

"It was horrible, Danny. We had nothing to talk about, the movie was bad, food worse and I think that when we said goodnight was the most awkward moment of my adult life. Dating is a nightmare!" Jack exclaimed, looking defeated, and Daniel's eyes went wide as Jack confided in him.

Daniel just couldn't understand it. Everybody knew that there was something between them, but how could it have gone so wrong? They were perfect for each other! Even General Hammond could see that much, so why couldn't they?

~*+*~

Sam walked through the long corridors towards her lab, intent on checking her e-mail and then heading home.

She opened the door and walked in, looking at the tools that lay everywhere. She still hadn't figured out what the slime was, but she hadtime for that later.

Opening her e-mail, she clicked on the Web mail icon, she quickly clicked the link to her inbox, and groaned when it said that she had 53 unread messages. She scanned the screen, looking at whom each e-mail was from.

Sam was just at the end when she noticed an email from the colonel.Curiously, she clicked his name to open the message, wondering why he'd be e-mailing her after what happened last night.

~*+*~

To: Major Carter From: Colonel O'Neill Subject: Sorry :(Date: 10-4-2002 19:32

Hey Sammy,

Hammond has swamped me with paperwork, so I may be a little late getting home. Sorry, but don't start without me. :)

Love Jack.

~*+*~

Sam smiled and clicked the 'reply' button, a happy expression on her face.

~*+*~

To: Colonel O'Neill From: Major Carter Subject: Re: sorry :(Date 10-4-2002 19:46

Jack,

I'll be waiting. . . . :)

love Sam

~*+*~

Jack smiled as he read the e-mail, glad that they had decided to do what they wanted for a change. He put the paperwork in a drawer, deciding to hurry home to Sam, who was waiting. . .

~*+*~

The end

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Venom_69