Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Dance With Me 3: Finding Out

by Venom69
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Dance With Me 3: Finding Out

Dance With Me 3: Finding Out

by venom_69

Title: Dance With Me 3: Finding Out
Author: venom_69
Email: venom_69_anderson@hotmail.com
Category: Romance, Series
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Spoilers: Tiny spoiler for New Ground, 100 Days and Shades of Grey
Season: 4
This story is a sequel to: Third in the Dance With Me series.
Series: Dance With Me
Rating: PG-13
Content Warnings: none
Status: Completed
Summary: When it's time to discover a secret, you should always do it in style.
Disclaimer: I don't own any of this. If I did do you really think that I would spend my time writing fan fic?"?" Also, the song that I used in here "have I told you lately that I love you?" isn't mine. It belongs to Rod Stewart and his crew. All of the stuff that is in this story that isn't mine but I would be gladly accepted if someone wished to give it to me. Easter is coming up. . . .
Author's notes: If I don't stop writing references to 100 days then I'm going to ruin my reputation. I hated that episode and I never ever wanted anything to do with it! This is my fourth or fifth story that has the episode in it! Okay, so admittedly it wasn't *that* bad an episode but I still have to look away when Jack kisses Laira. I watched it twice and lets just say that it wasn't pretty.
Dedication: TY for the Beta reading LEW. And to my Grandma, don't worry so much about me!
Feedback: naturally! If I didn't want feedback then I more than likely wouldn't be posting this story.

Finding out secrets is always both exciting and terrifying. Depending on who you are.

If you are the one with the secret then it's terrifying because you have to worry about how people will take it, if their opinion of you will change and who they'll tell, and weather or not there will be any ramifications. Like I said, terrifying.

If you are the person who is finding out the secret then you are excited when you realize that there is a secret for you to find out. Aside from that then if it's a well kept secret you have no idea that it exists in the first place so you have nothing to worry about.

I'm rambling aren't I"

Ok, I'll get to the point.

Most of our friends are not yet aware that Sam and I are in a relationship. We have decided to wait a while before we tell them. We want to see if we can handle this before we let everyone else know. We don't think that our relationship is doomed to fail or anything but we do, however, want it to work so much that we are going to do everything possible to stay together. If that means lying to our friends for a while then we are prepared to do it.

We are scheduled to go on a mission in about twenty minutes and it will be the first one that Sam and I have been on as a couple. I'm not really worried I just don't know what to expect.

Will I treat her differently because I'm sleeping with her" Will I try to avoid being alone with her to avoid being suspicious! Oh god help me.

~*~*~

"Okay kiddies, lets head out. Daniel which way did the MALP say that village was?" I asked while looking at Sam's behind. It's just so cute and symmetrical.

Oh hell!

I know that we agreed that there would be no action on base or while we're on a mission, but when she walks in front of me, adding extra emphasis on her ass and the way her hips swing, then I will always be inclined to look.

Hey, I'm a man!

"Ah, Jack" Daniel said.

Huh" Was he talking to me.

"Yes, Daniel" I murmured, keeping my eyes glued to Sam.

"Ah, look ahead of us." He says and I briefly glance upwards.

That's when I see them.

"Welcome to P3C-589, we are the blue people and we will be you captors for the evening." I murmur quietly to Sam, earning a small smile for my efforts.

There are five. . . . things, I guess would be the word, walking towards us. They have bright blue skin, with green swirls through it. They all have yellow eyes, and long flowing white robes that cover everything with the exception of their faces and hands. And I just noticed that they are all female.

With crude looking weapons.

'daniel, do you think that you can find a language that these people speak or understand so that you can tell them we are friendly and are here to meet these people and learn their ways or whatever.?" I ask, holding my gun higher, and aiming it at the leader.

"You needn't bother, Daniel Jackson. We understand the language that you call English extremely well. I am the leader of our people, we are the Oceannies. We worship the Goddess Oceana and I am the High Priestess Jeanna. Welcome to our world." She finished bowing slightly and lowering her weapon to her side.

This is weird.

"Jack O'Neill, why do you think that this is weird?" one of the other women asks.

"You can read our minds?" I ask suddenly very worried that they will be able to sense my thoughts. That would be a very bad thing considering the fact that half of my brains daily activity is thinking about Sam.

"Yes, we do. Would you like a demonstration?" the leader, Jeanna, asks.

"Yes!" Danny, who I am now seriously considering maiming, shouts.

NO! my mind screams.

Guess which one they chose to abide by.

'very well then. Teal'c you are thinking of you time spent worshiping the Goa"uld Apophis and how you have never seen a race like ours. Samantha Carter you are wondering if your friends would notice if yourself and Jack could sneak off for something that you refer to as a "quickie?" She says and Sam's eyes go wide and her face burns fire engine red. I'm sure that mine is as well. Teal'c is giving a large smile, for him anyway, and it leads me to the conclusion that Daniel has previously explained what a "quickie" is to him. And as for Danny boy, well he is laughing uncontrollably.

'daniel Jackson you are thinking that we look much like a race of people called the Nox. Mainly because of our mannerisms and our strangely colored bodies. Jack O'Neill you are pondering much the same thing as Samantha Carter only you are also wondering if she would moan if you. . . . ." I'm not even giving her time to finish that sentence.

"Okay, thank you that was a lovely demonstration." Oh god I think that I am going to die of embarrassment here.

"Would you like us to continue?" she asks straight faced.

If it wasn't for the fact that she was an alien who could quite possibly have telepathic powers I would swear that space monkey had set Sam and I up.

"No thank you. We all believe you." I say and she gestures for us to follow her to the local town.

Danny goes up to the leader, no doubt to do some more communicating and Teal'c follows him trying to keep him out of harms way.

"I don't know about you but I was rather interested to hear the rest of that thought of yours." A voice says, from my left.

"Really?" I ask genuinely surprised. "I thought you would have wanted to kill me for my thoughts. Especially while on a mission." I finish.

"How could I do that when my thoughts weren't any better?" she said smiling. "We may have to control what we do and say while on duty but we can't always control our thoughts. They can't ask us to and they can't expect us to." She says smiling.

"Well I can't argue with that." I say, smiling.

~*~*~

The mission after that had been pretty much uneventful.

We had all been invited back to their village for some kind of celebration, which was a lot of fun, and we spent the rest of that night just laughing and having fun.

Then when the mission was over and we went back to base we were given the weekend to ourselves.

Ah, sweet downtime.

So Sam and I went back to her place and had a little celebration and a lot of fun. And that would be where Janet finding out about us would enter into this story.

~*~*~

"Sam" she called.

Janet obviously hadn't been able to see us so she went around to the back door and opened the screen door and came into Sam's house.

She had walked around the lounge room looking for her and then she headed into the bedroom.

Which is where we were.

Naked. With a sheet just lightly thrown over us.

"Holy shit!" she exclaimed before covering her eyes. "I'll wait in the lounge room while you two get dressed." She said backing away from the room, embarrassed.

The expression that she wore on her face was absolutely hilarious.

Sam and I scrambled to get dressed and we walked into the lounge room and prepared for the inquisition.

~*~*~

That was a week ago.

Janet was the last to fine out, with the exception of Hammond who still doesn't know yet. She had come over to Sam's to check on her after 'the whole Edora and me being a spy to try and weed out the traitor" things. She had been on base for the better part of two weeks so she hadn't had a chance to have a good girlie chat with Sam yet. Personally I think that everyone still holds a grudge for all that went on with Edora.

Then again, they all seem to have this crazy idea that Laira and I jumped into the sack on the first night that I was there. That's not what happened at all, like I told Sam, it didn't go that far.

Even if it did, I couldn't see what business it was of theirs to criticize me. I'm not a monk for crying out loud! Although Danny said that I was being selfish for thinking that Sam wouldn't save my ass.

He didn't know that Sam and I we're in a relationship then so I merely said nothing.

Anyway, like I said Janet had come over to see Sam and we were in her room so we didn't hear the doorbell.

So now Janet, Danny boy and Teal'c all know that Sam and I are in relationship. They couldn't be happier for us and they are all so supportive.

Not that Sam and I were worried that they wouldn't accept us.

Much.

Now the only person who is left to tell is Hammond, and personally I don't mind waiting a while before we tell him.

Assuming that we don't get any visits at the SGC from the Oceannies for a little while then Hammond won't know until we tell him. I'll have to ask Sam what she thinks later.

For now I think that we will just enjoy our time together.

~*~*~

You know how couples have their own little 'thing?"

Well I think I just worked out what Sam's and mine is. It only just clicked to me when she turned on the stereo and whispered those three little words that we only say to each other.

'dance with me." And she gave me the brightest of smiles.

Have I told you lately that I love you?
Have I told you there's no one else above you?
You fill my heart with gladness
You take away all my sadness
Ease my troubles that's what you do.

I nod as I take her hand in mine and pull her close to me while we gently begin to sway to the music.

For the morning sun and all it's glory
Beats the day with hope and comfort too
You fill my life with laughter
Somehow you make it better
Ease my trouble that's what you do

This is a good song. She does ease my troubles and considering that she picked the song than I was going to and have a guess and say that I, strange as it may seem, ease her troubles as well.

There's a love that's divine
And it's yours and it's mine
Like to sun
And at the end of the day
We should give thanks and pray
To the one
To the one

Whoever 'the one" is that got Sam and I together I would thank time and time again. Hell, I'd even get down on my bad knees and kiss their smelly feet.

I smile and briefly kiss her, before pulling back to look at her so that I can sing the last verse of the song to her. because it's all true and she deserves to know.

She deserves that much.

Have I told you lately that I love you"
Have I told you there's no one else above you
You fill my heart with gladness
Take away all my sadness
Ease my troubles,
That's what you do.

The end.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to venom_69