Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Dance With Me 2: Since I Met You

by Venom69
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Dance With Me 2: Since I Met You

Dance With Me 2: Since I Met You

by venom_69

Title: Dance With Me 2: Since I Met You
Author: venom_69
Email: venom_69_anderson@hotmail.com
Category: Romance, Missing Scene/Epilogue, Series
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Spoilers: Shades of Grey
Season: 3
This story is a sequel to: Digging For A Hole-In The Dance With Me Series.
Series: Dance With Me
Rating: PG-13
Content Warnings: language
Status: Completed
Summary: How does Sam cope with Jack's behavior towards her during Shades of Grey.
Disclaimer: Let's just settle for" I don't own any of this. The song used isn't mine either. "If I could" is sung by 1927 and I only borrowed it so please keep all your lawsuits to yourself and then there's no chance of me getting hurt.
Author's notes: I love the song that I used by 1927 and I thought that although it may not quite flow with the story that it was a good song and I'd share it with all of you. Kudos and kisses to my beta reader Lew, dude, you did a great job.
Dedication: for my Mum (yes I am and Aussie and we spell it with a "u"!) who introduced me to the wonders of supposed "older" music. I will be forever grateful for the knowledge you gave me when it comes to music and for *my* ROCK 3 album which I absolutely adore and would probably be lost without it.

"No Carter, I haven't been acting like myself since I met you, now I'm acting like myself." He said that.

He said that to *me.*

What a prick!

How dare he spend two weeks groveling for forgiveness and making them the best two weeks of my life, only to turn around and steal some stupid Tollan technology. He expected me to find a way to reproduce it! Then he was offered the chance to be given a court martial or take an early retirement offer just to go back to that little housewife Laira.

He chose the latter.

What a prick!

How dare he tell me that he "loved me with every fibre of his being" just so he can screw with my head and go back to the little tramp he kept on the side! Who the bloody hell does he think he is" Captain god damn Kirk!

What a no-good, scum sucking, lying prick!

Well I don't need him anyway. The little mistress can have the intellectually challenged Don Juan!

I don't need him at all and I'm not going to cry over him. I am a strong, independent woman who is quite capable of looking after herself and I am more than qualified when it comes to getting over psychopathic men!

Okay, so I lied to myself.

I spent the rest of that day off and spent the next three days thereafter crying over him, and using up the only supply of tissues in the house.

In his house!

In his bed for crying out loud!

Oh god I need him!

Look at me. I'm only with him for two weeks and I'm heartbroken the second he leaves. I'm acting like I'm some nut job "little woman" who's in dire need of therapy. I just want to curl up in his bed, with my head on his pillow, in his clothes, and ignore the constant beeping of my god damn pager!

But even so, I ring Daniel, who's only paged me about *seven* times. That boy is way too sweet to stay mad at.

'doctor Jackson speaking." He says, answering his office phone.

"Hey Daniel you beeped?" I say fighting the urge to call him 'space monkey" or 'danny boy."

"Yeah, we need you to come in. The General wants to see what remains of Sg-1." He says, gasping as he realizes that he's probably said something that will offend me.

I agree to the request that he passed on for the General, and go to grab a quick shower and a change of clothes in the desperate attempt to make myself look semi-human.

I think about Jack the whole way through my shower. More specifically the first day we were together which ended up with us spending over an hour in the shower.

Damn, I'm pathetic.

The trip to the base seems even more tedious than ever. There are nine sets of traffic lights between home and the Mountain and lucky me I got eight of them, making me later than I had hoped to be.

'my guess is we're getting our fourth." Daniel replies to my question as to why we had all been called here.

Our fourth"

I don't want a god damn fourth, I want Jack back, he was the perfect CO and he had more than perfect judgement.

In a non-hostile situation he was all for jokes and laughter as long as we were all alert. With him, no matter how much banter was going on we could always stop in a nanosecond and be ready for almost anything.

In an intense situation, then in Jack's words "we get our asses in gear, be prepared to run like hell and always remember that no one gets left behind."

And most of all he cared about us. All of us, which probably contributes to the list of reasons why he was a good CO.

He once told me that when he was still in basic training his drill sergeant had pulled him aside, clipped him upside the ear for something he'd screwed up and then said to him, "O'Neill, one day you're gonna be in command of your own team. You have the military mind to do it too. But always remember this, the secret to being a good CO is getting the team to respect you just enough to trust you. If they trust you then you're set. If they don't then you can always threaten them with a court martial!"

I don't know if that's the prerogative that Jack follows, but we all like him, respect him, and trust him.

At least we did.

He just had to screw it up by stealing some stupid piece of shit. And what's worse is that what he stole, relocated, borrowed, found a new and better home for it, flogged, whatever you want to call it, the Tollan equipment is probably so far advanced compared to us that we'd never even be able to open it.

He is a complete and utter prick!

But, god hate me I love him.

Daniel's a sweet guy. He tried to convince Hammond that I deserve command of SG-1. That I have earned it and I have the right's to it, but personally I think that he would rather take an order from me as opposed to Makepeace. . . .

*Makepeace"*

He got command"

He's a jar-head for fuck's sake!

Three days, one mission under Makepeace's command, over thirty people being arrested for treason, and one normal Jack O'Neill returning later and things are almost back to what we tend to allow to qualify as normal.

Almost.

"Sam?" he calls from the front door. "Angel, you home?" He asks, dumping his keys on the desk near the door and moving further into our house.

Okay, technically, it's Jack's home, but a great percentage of my stuff is here.

A part of me hopes that he doesn't find me. I want to avoid having this conversation for as long as possible. I want to be able to grasp these seconds of silence and cherish them for an eternity, or at least until he discovers that I've hidden on the roof near his telescope.

"Angel, why are you sitting up here without a jacket on" It's a cold night." He asks tentatively, just like as if I was a fine porcelain that if he harmed in any way he would be punished.

"I was thinking." I half snapped. I have so many questions that I want to ask, but all of them are currently swarming around my head, making my need to stay seated extreme.

He nods, very unsure of what to say but more unsure of himself.

'did you see Laira?" I ask. Suddenly very proud of myself for not calling her one of the other "pet" names that she's adopted in my head over the last few days.

I hold my breath waiting for his reply, while trying to figure out whether I'm more afraid of the question or the answer. Not coming to a conclusion that I'm happy with, I abandon that line of thinking and instead decide to wait and see what he has to say.

"No." he says shaking his head for extra emphasis. "General Hammond thought that it might be a good idea to get the mole and his group to approach me and then I could use Edora as an excuse to leave Earth. That way when he granted my request to retire off world, you guys would all hate me even more. If you hated me for returning there, then you wouldn't try and figure out why I went wacko." He answers trying to gauge my reaction to his unusually long winded answer.

"Okay." I reply, finally after a minute of silence for him to continue trying to read me and for me to process and assimilate the information. "When we were in the corridor near the control room, you made a comment about not being yourself since you met me. Did you really mean it or was that all part of the act as well?" I ask finally relieved at being able to get that question answered.

"Yes, I meant it. But not in the way you think." He states simply. Elaborating on that statement does not seem to be in his immediate future so I continue with the question that I started that he seems to be reluctant to answer.

"Then what exactly did you mean by it?" I ask quietly.

I'm not stupid, far from it according to Jack, and I know that I won't always get the answer that I want, and yes the truth hurts but not as much as finding out that you've been lied to.

I can handle the truth.

"I'm a better person when I'm with you. Somehow, you make me nicer. I'm not so much of a grouch with your influence. I know, I know, it's hard to believe but it's true." He jokes, smiling as I snort a laughter, his joke obviously having the desired effect of lifting the sombre mood we seemed to have acquired.

"I'm sorry, Sam." He says cupping my face and licking his lips before he continues. "I begged Hammond to let me tell you. We had finally gotten together and sorted the last few months out and then he wanted me to do this. I left black ops because of all the lying and secrets crap, but Hammond told me that anyone who knew was in danger. He didn't even tell me on the base. He took me to a hockey game to try and make absolutely sure that there was no one bugging our conversation. That's how dangerous all this was and he told me that anyone who knew accidentally or not was a potential target for these psychotic bastards. I couldn't put you in that kind of danger. Not ever. I love you too much." He says while standing me up and giving me the monster of all kisses.

I can faintly hear the sounds of the radio playing from inside. I guess Jack put it on for some background noise.

"You're forgiven." I breathe. Lack of oxygen not catching up with me yet.

'dance with me." He orders when we have fully pulled apart and severed all contact between our lips.

I nod when I realize that speaking is not in my immediate future.

And a million words wouldn't say a thing
That wont be said in three words,
where love's the central thing.
If I could do anything at all
I'd do it for you.

This is a good song for Jack and I to be dancing to, especially after everything we went through.

And darlin' can't you see
What You mean to me
Anything I could do, I'd do it for you
And darlin" don't you know just how far I'd go
Anything I could do, I'd do it for you.

I haven't completely forgotten the way he looked when he said some really nasty things to us, but I know that I'll get there. And if Jack and I have to spend a week in bed to do it then so be it.

Sometimes I feel so second rate
Seems loving" you was my greatest mistake
I know I'm insecure
I know I don't keep score
But I wish I could give you more.

I know that Jack feels inferior next to me. He told me one night after we. . . had a workout. I keep trying to reassure him that I love him for who he is not how he looks in comparison to me.

If I could play, I'd play up a storm for you
A raging sea of passion, that you never knew
And a whispered sound, could touch your heart
And maybe for a moment I could be your favorite star.

I didn't think so at first but now I know that he and I will get through this. Together.

If I could do anything at all
If I could id give you more
If I could do anything at all
I'd do it for you

So he made a mistake, he was under orders and if he could do anything at all, then he'd do it for me.

I guess he really hasn't been the same since he met me.

The end.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to venom_69