Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Dance With Me 1: Digging For A Hole

by Venom69
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Dance With Me 1: Digging For A Hole

Dance With Me 1: Digging For A Hole

by venom_69

Title: Dance With Me 1: Digging For A Hole
Author: venom_69
Email: venom_69_anderson@hotmail.com
Category: Romance, Missing Scene/Epilogue, Series
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Spoilers: 100 Days
Season: 3
This story is a sequel to: First In The Series.
Series: Dance With Me
Rating: PG-13
Content Warnings: language
Status: Completed
Summary: We all know that Jack's thought aren't roses so lets take a look at some of them from his time on Edora. . .
Disclaimer: I don't own any of this, if I did then I would stop wasting my time with Sam and Jack fan fiction and just put it into an episode. The song Glory of love isn't mine either so keep your lawyers and lawsuits to yourself and no body gets hurt.
Author's notes: You'll have to excuse this, I"ve had a really bad day and too much caffeine, not enough nicotine and too little sleep.
Dedication: to all my fellow Laira haters, may she burn in hell while we laugh and play!

I"m stranded here.

Wonderful. Just fucking wonderful.

According to one of the other villagers, Pay'nen I think his name is, seems hell bent on believing that Carter and Teal'c hit the wormhole just as a huge honking bit of "fire rain" hit the Gate.

Okay, so odds are that they're dead.

At least Danny boy's alive.

I think.

And I can kick the living shit out of this rock until I'm blue in the face but it's still not going to change the fact that even if Danny's alive, he'll be having some serious grieving to do. Sam and T are probably snake food in the wormhole by now, and I'm still god damn stranded!

I wonder what would have happened to Sam and T if the meteor hit the Gate just as they entered. I'll ask Carter next time I see her.

Oh hell!

If I'm gonna keep doing that for the rest of my stranded life then it's going to be a very long twenty years, thirty if I'm unlucky enough.

These people are farmers for crying out loud.

Farmers!

You know all they do is? well? farm!

Laira took me into her home. That was nice of her. If Danny was here then he"d be telling me that *I'm* the one with a girl on every planet and Teal'c would want to know what he meant and then Carter would go all red and sparkle when she's. . .

Oh hell!

I just kind of go off into a tangent and start letting my mind completely run wild and then just like the "dish and the spoon" my mind picks up the hand of my imagination and they run off into the sunset together.

Oh hell! I'm doing it again.

It's been nearly two months, and still no sign of a welcoming party.

No Asguard mother ships, no Teltak with a Snakehead Tok'ra in the pilots seat. Hell I'd even settle for Apophis himself, knocking on the door to Laira's hut slash house, holding a bunch of long stemmed red roses and confessing his undying love for me while ordering his Jaffa to prepare for a flight to Earth, just to take his new love home.

Okay so maybe I wouldn't settle for that.

There are some things that would make even *me* nauseous.

I've been counting the amount of time that I've been stuck here. And I'm almost reaching one hundred days, which is odd, because I'm not even worried. I have given up my dream of Apophis serenading me with songs of love on a flight back to Earth. Although as a side note? that line of imagery is quite amusing and easy to get a laugh out of when you're stranded on a planet that's never heard of sarcasm.

One hundred days.

Wow.

Apparently on this planet then you do the depressed and unhappy thing for exactly one hundred days and then you just get over it.

I don't think that I can do it. I know that Laira is expecting me to accept my place on this rock thousands of light years from where I want to be.

And who I want to be with.

None of these people understand and only a very select few have even tried to understand. The biggest loss that these people have faced are losing their loved ones, and I'm not saying that losing someone you love is easy but I wish that some of them would try and look at it from my point of view.

I not only loved the people I loved, but I lost the food I love, the alcohol that I really like but it hates me. I lost the sport I love, the job I love, the friends and family that I love but most of all I lost the one woman who managed to finally get into my heart after all these years, and she never even knew it.

According to Pay'nen she's probably dead.

Speaking of Pay'nen, he invited me to dinner. I went of course. They all knew that I had a warped sense of humor, I was sarcastic, pig headed, stubborn, and I didn't want to add anti-social prick to the list.

"Well?" he asks after I've downed the shot they gave me.

Have you ever gotten so drunk that you get to the point where you'd mix drinks together just for a kick? Well I have, and you need to mix Tecqhelli, Bacardi, all seven Sambucca's and a dash of Johnny Walker for bite. Then you have a drink about a quarter as strong as the stuff that I was given at Pey'nen's. So if it was that strong and that foul then my response was obvious.

"Absolute Rot gut. More please?" I asked handing my home made shot glass over.

I don't remember much of that night.

But what I do remember doing was enough for me to begin to wonder, as my memories returned, why it is that I woke up with my entire anatomy in tact.

I called out Sam's name.

While I was making out with Laira.

Like I said, I was surprised to discover that I was still a complete man the next morning.

Because not only did I call someone else's name, I then lost interest in the person I was making out with and ended up having a very erotic dream about Sam.

And if that's not the worst part of it all, apparently I talk in my sleep. Or so Laira tells me.

That's what happened.

And I just keep going over it again and again in my mind.

I remember having numerous shots of the local booze, playing that game with the blind fold, laughing all the way back to Laira's, her telling me that Garwin was out for the night, asking me for a child and then. . . .

Wait just one god damn minute!

I remember it now, she asked me for a child and I was that far gone that I thought it was Sam and if she told me that she wanted to bear my children I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

So I didn't.

I think that we got as far as the bed before I accidentally called out Sam and then I started to apologize to Laira.

Oh hell!

I've got to talk to her as soon as all of these people leave her house.

"What is it?" I ask when she suddenly goes quiet. This girl could talk the ear of Mr. Ed. Not that I'm comparing her to a horse or anythin' like that it's just that. . .

Oh hell!

"When I was taking your things out to the river today, I thought I heard a sound." She says holding up my field radio. "Perhaps a voice." She finishes a little more quietly.

I look at the little contraption in her hand and let the realization dawn on me.

Someone is trying to get through.

Oh hell why didn't she tell me earlier?

Well, I found out who it was trying to get through.

Teal'c, and let me tell you, he is one stubborn son of a bitch.

In the end we had to spend half a day digging for a hole. Teal'c says that is was an "underground cavern that the Stargate's event horizon created after the particle beam accelerator was activated." Now if you ask me, which I know you would, we were digging for a hole and there is no two ways about it.

We got the Gate vertical again, which was not an easy task, and then we found the DHD. Once we had them out of the ground and back to their original places we called home to let them know that they could bring the refugees home any time that they wanted. The next morning the families that were Edora born, were being reunited and the one Earth born family was being torn further apart.

Daniel seems to think that I was an ass to Sam. Apparently I walked away from her when she was in the middle of an explanation and she heard me ask Laira come back to Earth with me.

I knew she wouldn't come.

Hell, I even hoped she would say no. At least that way I had done the right thing and asked. At the very least you have to commend me for my manners and consideration. And I tried to tell Danny that but he just said that I had hurt Sam and that I needed to do some serious groveling. So that's how I ended up here. On Carter's doorstep, waiting for her to answer the door bell which I have rung five or six times.

"Carter?" I call out.

I know she's home because there is a light on and her car's in the drive way. What if something is wrong with her" What if she's hurt? What if she can't get to the door? What if she's run off to make a living as the circus acrobat.

Oh, hell! Scratch the last one.

I open the door with the spare key that she gave me in case of an emergency. We all traded keys just to be on the safe side.

"Sam?" I call again, louder this time.

That's when I see it.

A mop. A very shiny, clean mop. Blonde. It's a blonde mop of hair that at any given time, I can usually associate it with my second in command's head. I'd know her hair anywhere.

"Sam?" I somehow manage to choke out. I bend down next to her body that looks as though she was aiming to land on the couch but missed by a very long shot.

I can feel a pulse so I'm relieved in that juncture because at least I know that she's not dead. I know that this is my fault.

And I'll make it up to her.

The only way that I can think to do that is to take care of her and that is exactly what I am going to do.

I called Hammond the day that I arrived here and found Sam passed out next to her couch. He gave me a week off, saying that Daniel had to prepare for some negotiations or something or other and that Teal'c was off to see his missus and kid. So for the last three day's the only time that I have left Sam's side was to pack a bag of clothes from my place, to get food or pee. Not a long list and since she is my current number one priority, I spend all day everyday with her.

She woke up a little on the first day that I was here, and asked what I was doing and I told her that I was taking care of her like she did for me. She was only awake long enough to ask if we could talk later, if she could have something to eat, toast was all she wanted, and then she told me that I could sleep with her in her bed, but only because her spare room was junk infested. So that's pretty much where I have been for the last few days, at her side.

I've had to ban her from coffee, otherwise that's all she'd drink so instead I have been making her drink milk so at the very least if she didn't eat, the milk would fill her stomach.

We haven't really talked much at all.

We did, however talk this morning at about one thirty. I thanked her for re-writing the laws of physics for me and dragging my sorry ass home and almost killing herself in the process and then she thanked me for not leaving her on her living room floor to more than likely die.

And now, I'm lying in her bed with her laying on top of me, while using my chest as a pillow, waiting for her to wake up so that we can talk. We really have to have a good talk about what's gone on lately.

"How long have you been awake?" a sleepy voice asks me.

"Not long." I say instinctively kissing the top of her head and inhaling her hair's scent, despite the fact that I can be certain that she hasn't washed it in at least three days.

"I suppose that you want to talk now?" she asks, making no move to leave the current position that she has fondly adopted.

"Yes. The way I see it is that we both have questions for each other, so I'll ask you a question and then you can answer it and then ask me a question. Seem fair?" I say.

It was the only way that I could think of that would get me the answers that I want and she can ask anything that has been boiling on her precious little mind lately.

"Any question I like?" she asks tentatively, a little wary and a little unsure at the prospect of having to answer anything that I wish to ask.

I make a little noise that resembles a yes and she bites her bottom lip, while considering the proposal. Obviously the prospect of getting me to answer anything is quite appealing so she nods her head furiously and waits silently, and patiently for me to continue.

"Okay, a little bird told me that you neglected to eat while you were working on the doohickey to get me home. Is that true?" I ask while looking at her face as she tilts her head up to look at me, and the arm that had been lightly around her magically tightens in a gesture of support towards her.

"Yes, but I didn't neglect to eat I just didn't have time. Okay so it's my turn right?" she asks, and at my nods proceeds to think about her question. "Alright, so I know that Laira was interested in you, don't even ask how it's a girl thing, but I suppose what I want to know is how did you feel about her?" she asks, blushing at her own words.

"While I was stranded on Edora, I fell in love. She is an amazing woman, who is attractive, intelligent, she likes me, well at least I think she does. And I want to be with her." I think that I can actually hear her heart break in that moment.

Her mouth begins the formation of and "O" but her brain never finalizes the words, and her head falls downwards to try and hide the disappointed look n her eyes.

"I fell in love with you, Sam." I say and her head snaps back up to look at me with her eyes shining. "I love you with every fibre of my being and I want to be with you." She doesn't answer. I think that she's to stunned to.

But the twenty four carat smile that she gives me is answer enough.

She kisses me full on the lips with her tongue doing an intimate battle with my own and as she pulls her head away she whispers, "I love you too."

"Why did you spend three months rescuing me?" I ask, feeling the need to know the answer.

"Because I knew that I loved you and I knew that I wanted to be with you in a working relationship at the very least. Why did you walk away from me on Edora?" she finally asks. I had been waiting for this question for the last ten minuets.

"Basically I had just realized that I loved you and I didn't want you to see that yet. I wasn't ready to tell you so I walked away and hoped like hell that you hadn't seen it in my eyes." I say, and she smiles at me again.

"Fair enough. Your turn. What's your question?" she asks, smiling.

And she continues to smile at me as I reach my hand out towards her dressing room table to put the radio on.

"Dance with me?" I ask.

Tonight it's very clear
As we're both lying here.
There's so many things I wanna say.
I will always love you
I will never leave you alone.
Sometime I just forget
Saying things I might regret
It breaks my heart to see you crying
I don't wanna loose you, I could never make it alone.

She listens to the first verse for a minute before getting off me to begin our dance.

I am the man who will fight for your honor.
I'll be the hero you're dreamin' of
We'll live forever, knowing together,
that we did it all for the glory of love

This song was written for us. I can tell by the way her eyes are shining and the moonlight is doing amazing things to her face and especially her hair.

You keep me standing tall,
you help me through it all
I am always strong when you're beside me,
I have always needed you
I could never make it alone.

Well, I didn't think I could do it but I did. I finally told her that I love her. I had half expected her to hit me, throw me out, have me charged or all of the above.

I am the man who will fight for your honor.
I'll be the hero you're dreamin' of
We'll live forever, knowing together
that we did it all for the glory of love

just like a night in shining armor
from a long time ago,
just a time I'll see the day
take you to my castle far away.

I am the man who will fight for your honor.
I'll be the hero you're dreamin' of
We'll live forever, knowing together
that we did it all for the glory of love

If I ever had to dig for another hole, I would do it time and time again if it meant that this was the result.

We'll live forever knowing together that we did it all for the glory of love

We did it all for love.

I look at Sam and she smiles again. I feel very proud knowing that I am the reason for that smile and as we kiss again, the song ends and a new one begins but as we stumble onto the bed I doubt if I'll even be able to tell which song is playing.

At least there is no chance of me calling out the wrong name.

Because now I know that I'm with the right person.

The end.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to venom_69