Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Missing Sam

by DragonReader
[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Missing Sam

Missing Sam

by DragonReader

Summary: Missing scene from The Road Not Taken between Jack and Cam
Category: Angst, Missing Scene/Epilogue
Episode Related: Future Story
Season: Future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: FAM
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story was created for entertainment purposes only. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 02/07/07

"General Landry, there is a phone call for you from Homeworld Defense, Sir," called Walter Harriman through the door into his CO's office. "It's General O'Neill, Sir." Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell, who was giving the General an update concerning their progress (or lack thereof) of determining just what exactly had happened to Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter during her testing of Merlin's (or Sam's as Cam liked to call it) phasing device visibly cringed.
"Thanks, Walter, I'll take it in here," replied Landry as he picked up the phone. "Jack, I was just getting an update from Colonel Mitchell, would you like me to put you on speaker?"
Cameron, who was only hearing half of the conversation, started to feel a little worried about how the Secretary of Homeworld Defense, who happened to be his boss's boss as well as Sam's very close friend (rumor has it that they are engaged) would take the news of Sam's incident -- so soon after her nearly fatal shooting, on top of his best friend being missing.
After Cameron had given his update to both Generals, Jack asked Hank if he would mind if he left to office a minute so that he could speak to Cameron alone. Cameron looked at General Landry in trepidation but was blown away as Hank replied, "Sure if you don't need me anymore, I'll just go and, uhm, do something else," he finished lamely.
"Mitchell, I know we haven't had much of a chance to talk privately before so I wanted to take this opportunity now. How do you feel you're doing as SG1's leader?"
Cameron gulped before answering, "Well, Sir, I feel that I have done alright so far, although it might not seem like that with everything that has happened lately."
"Oh, you mean Carter getting shot and now lost out of phase and Daniel being captured? I have begun to realize that our little Spacemonkey is like a cat with nine lives and by my reckoning has only used 5 so we don't really have to worry about him. And I learned a long time ago that Carter never gives up and will never stop fighting to keep the team together. She will fight tooth and nail to get back to us, you can count on that. I had been lost so many times and Sam found a way -- or invented one -- to get me back," Jack concluded emotionally.
"So you aren't mad at me, Sir?" replied Cameron incredulously.
"No, it's just the job. Give her time and she'll make it back. I could always count on her and so should you. And Daniel will turn up when you least expect him. Well, I gotta go. It's been nice clearing the air with you, Mitchell. We'll have to schedule a team night when I can be in town sometime."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to DragonReader