Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Carter Smile

by Venom69
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Carter smile

Carter smile

by Venom_69

Carter smile
AUTHOR: Venom_69
EMAIL: Venom_69_anderson@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Action/Adventure
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: mainly a lot of episodes where Sam and Jack have been put in any. . . . . . .interesting situations
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: set after D&C
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: hmmm let me see. . . . . .well this is technically my. . .3rd ever fanfic and the very first one that I have actually ever let anyone else, excluding my other personalities, read so plz be nice! Oh and another thing. . well now I have read hundreds of different stories and they always say "feedback is a must" now since I only just got and E-mail address I never send feedback, but whenever I read that 'lil saying I always think 'do they really get feedback?' So I would really appreciate it if you send me what you think just so that I know that ppl do get feedback and maybe, just *maybe* you could restore some of my faith in the human race! Oh yeah and another thing, look I 'aint gonna lay shit on 'ya if your thoughts don't include the phrase "I wish we could meet because you are the greatest and I want to bow at your feet." I don't wanna hear what my *I love myself* personality thinks I wanna hear what you think . . . . . .good, bad or indifferent! More A/N at the end. Thanks, ~*v*~

The base was always lonely at night but for some reason tonight it seemed a little too lonely. Samantha Carter walked down to her quarters and thought about what regular women were doing. They were all probably at their nice homes in their nice beds with their nice husbands to keep them comfortable. Sam, on the other hand had just had the most unusual, yet wonderful, day and she was sitting in her boring room looking at her boring ceiling laying on her boring bed with no man, boring or otherwise, to keep her company.

'because I care about her, a lot more than I'm suppose to'

Those had been his exact words. Okay so maybe he hadn't said that he loved her but caring is always a good sign! Right? Well it is scientifically proven that caring, 9 times out of 10, led to love. Well at least that's what Sam was trying to convince herself of.

"I have got to get me a life!" she thought aloud. A few weeks ago the colonel had even resorted to ordering her to get a life.

"Sam come on get a grip. Just go and talk to him so that you can get some god damn sleep!" Sam quickly got up off her bed and headed for her door when suddenly she stopped. "oh great so now I have resorted to talking to myself? Yep that's just great. That's the first sign of madness" she though about that and with a small smile added "and the second sign is when you answer back."

So Sam headed to the colonels room, when she reached it she was beginning to loose her nerve. 'he's probably gone back to his cabin. Sam what the hell are you doing here?? Okay don't panic just turn quietly and then ... ..run like hell' just as she was about to leave the colonel came around the corner and spotted her.

"Carter? What's up?"

'what's up? How dare he ask me that? Okay Sam now you are reading way too much into his words. It is an innocent question.' She just stood there and didn't say anything at all. 'you see, Sam, the whole point of a conversation is that he talks, you talk. So lets do the math on this one, he talked so that must mean.........shock horror it's your turn'

"ah nothing really I just stopped by too..." she stood there for a few seconds desperately trying to think of something to say but upon opening and closing her mouth a few time no sound came out. Just the a few airmen walked past and as they respectfully saluted the pair Sam noticed that one of the men had a piece of fruit in his hand and that gave her an idea.

". . .too see if you wanted to go and get something to eat with me?" sending a silent thank you to the airman she waited for his reply.

"ah Carter no offence, I mean sure yeah I'll come but it's 1100 hours" 'stupid, stupid, stupid' "oh yeah, I knew that? I guess I'm still on Tok'ra time, sir" she added with a smile while mentally doubling over in pain from the mental beating she had just given herself.

As the began making their way to the commissary he turned to her.

"Okay I gotta know, what the *hell* is Tok'ra time?"

"Well when you think about it we have spent a lot of time with the Tok'ra lately and since they always seem to have bad timing or they come at weird hours I knida got used to eating at weird times!"

"Fair enough."

They reached the commissary with just the usual mindless chit chat that goes on between two regular people. Sam grabbed a mud chocolate cake with whipped cream while O'Neill just stuck with black coffee.

"I'll be willing to bet that compared to some of the lovely dishes we have had on other planets that mud cake just doesn't even seem worth eating." He said, giving her his 'Jack smile' and she returned his smile with an equally nice 'Carter smile'

"Well I don't know really know. Let me think" she said while taking another bite of her cake. She looked thoughtful for a minuet and then put some more on her fork and handed it to O'Neill and he took the fork and ate the portion of cake that she had offered.

"Well it sure beats the hell outta that cake I got on P3X 8596 from Kynthia" he said with a slight laugh.

"True. What about the melted ice we had to eat for a few days when were shacked up in Antarctica?"

"I will never look at snow the same way again! We always seem to get into trouble. Remember when we visited P3X 797? We got infected with that. . . . . . 'curse' I think that a lot of people did some embarrassing things then"

Sam just looked at him and desperately tried, and failed, not to look embarrassed.

"What do you mean 'embarrassing things' at least *you* didn't jump your CO!"

He made a face at that just so he could get another 'Carter smile' "Well that's true, but I did beat Danny boy up a little bit"

Sam pretended to looked shocked and although she already knew this from the official report she had never heard O'Neill talk about it before so she decided that it was only fair that she play along.

"You did? So you were the reason for his 'sore nose' I think I finally get it now, but why did you hit him?"

"Well after I left the infirmary I went to the control room and told Danny about what happened with you and he said that he would come and see you to check up on you and see if you were doing alright. I think that it was at that point that the whole 'I am a primal male who is ruled be testosterone' curse kicked in and I asked him why he was gonna see you and he said that he cared about you and I said a few 8other things and then I just went crazy and hit him about 4 or maybe 5 times."

'Carter smile' "You fought with Daniel over me? I'm flattered. . I think?"

"Yeah well that was a long time ago."

"Yep. What about when we died at the hands of Apophis and the Nox brought us back to life?"

"My first real-life death! Cool!" 'Carter smile' followed closely by 'O'Neill smile'

"The first of many!" 'Carter laugh'

"Yeah I know but I've been trying to give it up but me and dying then coming back to life have become really good friends. Well we can't forget the whole Hathor thing. Talk about experiences that you wanna forget!" 'Carter smile'

"Remember when we were cloned?"

"Yeah I definitely remember that! I am actually very proud of myself due to the fact that neither the real *me* or my clone hadn't killed Harlan for doing this to us. Then there was that time when Danny went through the stage where he went all 'I don't like this reality anymore. I think that I might just leave and find another one' now that was one weird couple of weeks!"

"And here I was thinking that every week at this base was weird. Well after all we have ended up in prison once or twice. Remember Hadante?"

"And Linea?" Sam nodded, and pushed her empty plate to the side of the table. "Yes whoever said that little elderly ladies were helpless should be shot! And you're right we have ended up in our fair share of prisons and weird situations. Like today for example, now there's something you don't see every day!"

'oh my god! He actually made the first move and brought it up! I thought that I would have to do it! Cool! Sam now you are using his sayings for crying out loud will you *please* get a grip'

"Yeah. Listen about today. I just wanted to say that. . I mean that. . .well what happened today was. . .and. . . I" Sam looked away knowing that her cheeks were bright red.

"Are you willing to risk a court-martial so that we can see if *we* have anything real between us?"

"Huh?" Sam looked a little, or a lot, surprised by his sudden honesty and even though this what she had come to talk about and she *did* want to see if they had a future together she was definitely not expecting him to just blurt it out.

"Sorry I didn't mean for it to sound like that but isn't that what you were coming to talk about?"

"Well, yes I guess it was. And I would like to find out if there was something between us but can you handle seeing me every day and still have to act like just friends, soldiers, co-workers?"

"Yes. Look I'm not trying to pressure you into anything but I love you and I wanna be with you. Plain and simple."

"I thought that you 'cared' about me? When did that turn into love?"

"What did you expect me to say with Teal'c, Doc, Martty and Anise all standing there?"

"Well then you lied?"

"no, not lied more like. . . . .editing the truth!"

"We already tried that remember? And then we were accused of being Zatarcs."

"Well lets just say that I worded what I wanted to say very carefuly!" 'Carter smile'

"Oh well in that case then yes I don't give a damn about a court-martial."

"Cool!" 'Carter smile'

later that night Sam layed in the colonels bed wrapped up in his arms. 'well all those women who have them boring men are definitely missing out! I have the most wonderful man in the world.'

'Carter smile'

the end

"Yesterdays victim is todays hero. So which one are you today?"

A/N: yeah so who which one of my personalites came up with *that*? So ok I'm a sappy person but I just get so sick of people who think that Sam and Martouf or Sam and Daniel are meant to be together oh *please* come on! I have even seen people who pair up Jack and Teal'c. now where in the hell makes you think that they would be good together? Okay I'm not really dissing you p.o.v. but lets face it Jack loves Sam, Sam loves Jack and they are totally meant to be together!! So get a life, wake up to yourself and smell the god damn roses!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Venom_69