Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

How One Woman Can Damage a Relationship

by Venom69
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
How one woman can damage a relationship

How one woman can damage a relationship

by venom_69

TITLE: How one woman can damage a relationship.
Author: venom_69
Email: venom_69_anderson@hotmail.com
Category: Romance, Angst, Action/Adventure
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Spoilers: Seth, The Tok'ra 1&2, The first commandment, D&C, Upgrades
Season: 5
Rating: PG-13
Content Warnings: adult themes
Status: Completed
Summary: The ramifications that come when Anise falls head over heels for Jack
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters in this story. I do own the dresses that they wear, and the ppl that Sam meets.
Author's notes: What do you get do you cross an unidentified illness with a brain full of ideas? Me writing fan fic!! Enjoy.
Feedback: Wanted, craved, needed, begged for, and all that jazz. Praise will get you a reply and lames will be used for the lighting of cigarettes.
Dedication: For Serina, may your halo continue to be help up by your horns :) and for Sahara, who knows exactly what that last sentence means. . .and yes I will eventually get around to writing a PWP! :)
Date: 12-3-2002

Prologue

I always thought that she was mean. I don't know why, I just got this vibe from her. Or them, whatever. They just didn't seem like nice people. The fact that they shared the same body meant nothing, they were one person and they were no good.

No good for any of us.

Least of all Jack.

~*+*~

Part 1

"So, what's so wrong with her then?" Janet asks me. She's a great friend, and is always willing to let me ramble on about the people I dislike.

Okay, the one person I dislike. *Them*

"I don't know Janet, she just seems. . . evil." I tell her, sipping my coffee, while I look around her office. She's got the nicest picture on her wall. It's of SG-1, her and Cassie. We all went out one evening and somehow ended up going bowling. I don't know how it happened, but if you've never tried to teach a 6'2 Jaffa to bowl, then I don't recommend it. Unless you need a good laugh.

"Is it the hair?" Janet asks, and I smile. Although she does have bad hair, I can't really say much. The Air Force haircut that I've had since I was 20 isn't all that spectacular.

"I don't know. Maybe. But I don't think that fact that I don't like her hair do is enough to justify hating her." I tell her, somehow managing to confuse myself as well.

"No it's definitely not the hair." She muses. "It's got to be the clothes." Janet tells me. She's got a point there. It's just not right to wear clothes that are *that* tight and show *that* much skin. It should be illegal.

"I don't know, maybe it's the snake in the head thing." I mumble.

"Now you sound like the colonel." Janet says with a smile.

"Lucky me." I mutter. I guess when you spend the better part of four years with someone.

"Maybe she feels threatened by you." Janet suggests, tactfully.

"Why would she feel threatened?" I ask, curiously. I have hardly spoken to her, what the hell would she have against me??

"Well she does like the Colonel. Everybody has seen her giving him a few appreciative looks, and they all know that he would crawl over hot coals naked for you so. . . " She tells me, leaving the sentence open for me to interpretation.

"No he wouldn't. We’re just friends." I protest. It's the truth. I don't think of him in that way, I see him as my CO first and my friend second and there is no room left for any other type of feelings. Although if I said that I had never thought of him in that way before than I would be lying, he's an attractive man and most of the women on base have thought of him in *that* way at one point.

"Sam, I'm your best friend, you can't lie to me. You and the Colonel have a very special bond that everyone is jealous of. Even me at times. I can tell you that there are a few people that I would like to have that kind of bond with. You should treasure it." She says, trying to be as honest as possible.

"I do treasure it, but I don't read anything into it. I did that once, got engaged and got screwed. I won't make that mistake again. But I still don't trust her." I tell Janet, shrugging.

"What are you going to do about it then?" She asks me, sipping her half-empty coffee cup.

"I don't know Janet, I really don't know." I say, finishing my beverage and bidding goodbye to Janet.

I head to the labs, desperately needing the solitude of my friendly surroundings. I need time to think and time to figure out what I'm going to do about her.

There's a knock on the wall near my door and I look up to see Colonel O'Neill standing there smiling at me.

It's that smile that makes you want to melt inside and collapse from anoxia. The one that makes you want to throw yourself at his feet and declare your undying love for him.

Not that I would. I have absolutely no feelings for him whatsoever.

"Can I help you sir?" I ask, politely.

"We have to go and get tested. Anise wants to see if we're Zarc thing's." He tells me, still smiling.

"Okay." I shrug, a little uncertain.

I don't like her and I don't think that I trust her not to try and fry my brains out like she did with Aster. Knowing that snake head she probably will, just so that she doesn't have to worry about me anymore.

I still don't understand what Janet meant by her feeling threatened by me. There is nothing that I could do to her that could possibly make her feel threatened.

~*+*~

Part 2

Well, that was fun.

I'm a Zaytarc. I've been told that so is Carter apparently.

I don't believe that for a second. She's a good person and she wouldn't hurt anyone, with the exception of the Goa'uld.

Me, I can understand. I was trained to hurt people, snake heads or not. I had the remorse thing drummed out of me long ago, but Sam is a damn good person, she's kind, funny, smarter than beyond my wildest dreams.

It couldn't be her.

"This has to be a mistake sir." She tells me, after I enter her room to tell her that she's not alone.

"I know." I say.

"Can you talk to General Hammond, about getting me re-tested. . ." She starts, but I cut her off.

"Us. Us re-tested." Her face is full of surprise. "Yeah, it turns out that I'm one of those Zarc thingy’s too, I'm across the hall." I tell her, pointing in the general direction of my room.

We finish our conversation and decide that it is very possible, given the fact that when we were on Apophis' ship, we were both unconscious at the same time.

I was so sure that it couldn't have been Carter.

~*+*~

Part 3

Well, that was interesting.

We're not Zaytarc's. But the Colonel did admit that he likes me.

"I couldn't leave, because I would rather die myself than loose Carter." He said.

"Why?" Fre'ya asked.

"Because I care about her, a lot more than I'm supposed to." He said.

Then it was my turn. Oh joy!

"What were you feeling when Colonel O'Neill wouldn't leave?" She asked me.

"I felt guilty." I had told her, trying to get away with leaving part of it out.

"Why?' Nope, no such luck for me! I was so nervous, that I was shaking.

"Because I felt guilty knowing that someone I cared a lot about was going to die because he wouldn't leave me." I told her.

"What else?" She had asked, and I found myself wondering if she wanted to know what color underwear I was wearing at the time.

"I was trying to let him see what I felt for him, in the last few seconds that we had left." I told her, averting my eyes from the Colonel's. I didn't want to see what he was thinking in his eyes.

"Which was?" She asked me. Crap! This woman just does not give up.

"I love him." I blurted out, looking down.

"You are also not a Zaytarc." She told me. I was happy about that, but I had just admitted having very unprofessional thoughts about my CO in front of a room full of people, including the base gossip queen, who no doubt has the news spread around the mountain by now. Great!

~*+*~

Part 4

I feel very sorry for Sam. Colonel O'Neill too. Not only did they have to admit what we all knew, but they had to do it in front of about five other people.

I caught two of my nurses talking about it by the time I had gotten back to the infirmary. I had to threaten to have them transferred just so that they would keep their mouth's shut.

I doubt that it worked.

~*+*~

Part 5

Jack's leaving.

I don't believe it. He's just. . . leaving. He's just going to pack his things and move in with her!

Sam must be devastated.

How could he fall for her? I mean, sure she's attractive, and probably smart, after all, she's been around for while, she wears those tight little outfits, and I guess that I can see why he would fall for her, but he loves Sam.

I know that he does, we all do. Yet, he's still leaving to go and work with the Tok'ra. Just so that he can be with Fre'ya.

Oh, he says that if it doesn't work out with her than he will be back, but he also said that he thinks she might be the 'one.'

That's not fair. Sam was supposed to be his 'one.'

I'm not even sure if she knows yet.

~*+*~

Part 6

I hear the knocking on my door. But I don't want to see him. On the other hand it's probably Janet coming to see if I'm okay. Well, I'm not and I could sure use a shoulder to cry on. My pillow can't lie to me and tell me it'll be all right.

I get up and open the door, only to scowl at the person standing on the other side. It's not Janet, or even Jack.

It's Fre'ya and Anise.

"Major Carter, may I come in?" She asks, he voice harsh and distorted, indicating that is was Anise talking.

I step back and allow her entrance. This should be good.

"Can I help you?" I ask, politely, desperately trying to keep my tears in. I don't need her to see me cry.

"Yes. You can stay away from Jack." She says, bluntly. I guess tact isn't in the Tok'ra/Earth dictionary. And besides, when did it stop being 'Colonel O'Neill' and start becoming 'Jack'?

"Colonel O'Neill and I are just friends." I tell her. God, could I sound and more unbelievable. Even *I* didn't buy it.

Way to go Sam. Way to go.

"'I love him.' Wasn't that what you said?" She asked, throwing what has to be the single most embarrassing moment of my life right back in my face.

"Yes, but. . . you knew that I wasn't a Zaytarc the moment I sat down. How much information was enough for you?" I asked, my anger rising. She made me admit to him what I didn't want to admit to myself, when there was no need.

"After you said that you would have felt guilty, if Jack had died, the machine confirmed that you were not a Zaytarc." She tells me.

Bitch!

"Why?" I ask, shocked. "Why did you do it?" I can't believe it, if she felt threatened, why would she make sure that Jack heard that?

Anise lowers her head, and when she rises it again, Fre'ya has taken control and is now the one speaking to me.

"Major Carter, I want to apologize for what Anise has done. I didn't want to. . ." She starts but I won't let her finish.

She hits the floor with a 'thud' and I don't feel one inch of regret. She deserved it. Although, admittedly, I probably could have vented my anger a little better than hitting her, but my emotions are currently going haywire.

"I'll see to it that you are punished for this!" Anise threatens, storming out of my room and slamming the door behind her.

Oops.

~*+*~

Part 7

"I demand that she be punished!" I tell General Hammond, trying to keep Fre'ya's voice from rising. She would only defend her and it would not be good for us.

'You can't silence me forever.' She tells me, but I ignore her.

"And she will." Hammond assures us. I smile my thanks and head down to see Jack.

I knock on the door and enter upon his request, nodding my head at the guard who has been assigned to follow me around like a shadow.

"Hey." He says, looking up from packing his bag.

"Greetings." I return, "Are you almost ready to depart?" I ask, ready to leave.

"Sure, I'll need a few more minutes but then. . . hey what happened to your cheek?" He asks, reaching out to touch the bruise that is beginning to form there.

That's the only down side to being a symbiot that has accelerated healing. We tend to show our injuries sooner in order to heal it.

"Major Carter and I had a disagreement. I heard that she was upset that you were leaving, and I went to see if she was okay. She was however; quite upset and she took it out on me. I'll be fine." I assure him, knowing that it won't be enough for him.

"I have to go and see what the hell is up with her." Her exclaims, leaving the room and running down the hall in the direction of Major Carter's quarters.

Stage one is already coming along nicely.

~*+*~

Part 8

I couldn't believe it when she told me, but I am moving in with her so I guess that I need to learn to trust her.

Even though Sam isn't usually like that, it is possible that she lost control. We all do sometimes.

"Carter! Open this damn door!" I shout, banging on her door, ignoring the strange looks that the guards monitoring the halls are giving me.

She opens the door with a sad expression on her face and wordlessly steps back to allow me entrance. She knows why I'm here, so at least I don't have to explain it to her, which is a bonus.

"Why did you do it?" I ask.

"Because it seemed like a good idea at the time." She says, sarcastically, lowering her head to stare at the floor.

"Cut the crap Sam." I tell her, watching as she snaps her head up in surprise at my use of her first name. "Now truthfully, why'd you do it?" I ask again.

"Because I'm in love with you and she's taking you away from us. From me." She says, finishing her sentence quietly.

I look at her, and watch as a few lone tears slip down her face. I lift my hand to wipe them away, but the contact of my skin on hers is too overpowering.

One minute I'm wiping tears out of her eyes, the next minute we are kissing like there is no tomorrow. And it feels so right.

But it's not.

By Earth standards, I'm engaged to Anise.

But kissing Sam is so right.

I push her back, quickly. "No, this isn't right." I tell her, almost convincingly. "I'm in love with Anise." I tell her and I watch through her eyes as her heart slowly shatters into a million pieces

"Screw that." I mutter, and pull her back to me, as we start to kiss again.

~*+*~

Part 9

His lips are on mine in an instant, and I can feel his hands tugging at my shirt, pulling it out of my pants as his hands run over the skin of my back.

I groan as he runs his hand down my back to my ass, pulling me towards his groin, grinding himself into me.

"Sam," He sighs.

I know that in some part of my brain, I am hitting myself over the head with a nine iron because this is so wrong, but my body and my heart are just screaming for me to go for it!

We stumble over to the small thing that the Air force calls a bed, and land in a tangle of arms and legs, his mouth never leaving mine.

Jack seemingly gets frustrated with the barrier of clothes that are currently standing in the way of us having skin on skin. Which apparently that's what he wants, judging by the way he is cawing at my shirt.

I remove my mouth long enough to get my shirt off. I try and get his to come off too, but after two failed attempts I just give up and rip the whole thing down the middle, splitting the flimsy material in two.

Jack smiles down at me, before moving to capture my lips again in a fiery kiss that leaves no doubt in my mind that he wants me.

"I want you Jack." I tell him, looking up into his eyes that are dark with passion and desire.

His head comes down to nuzzle the skin at the base of my neck, while his hands move to my back to unhook the clasp of my bra.

My hands are busy fumbling with the zip on these damn standard issue military fatigue pants. I could never get them undone at the best of times. I finally get the zipper undone, after fighting with his belt while his hands were caressing my breasts making it hard to concentrate.

After a little more struggling with the lower half of our bodies and our clothes are *finally* gone. Jack is poised above me, ready to enter me and take us both to heaven.

"Are you sure about this?" He asks me, the head of his penis resting just at my opening, enough for it to tease me but not enough for any form of completion.

"Yes." I whisper, looking into his eyes, hoping to show him exactly what I feel.

Slowly he enters me, ending the torture for us both, and we groan in mutual desire as we finally reach the point that we have both been waiting forever since we met.

He starts to move within me and as he starts to speed up I meet him thrust for thrust, striving towards my climax. The exact same thing that he is striving for.

His thrusts get harder, more insistent and we both moan as we feel the beginning of our completion getting nearer and nearer.

Suddenly, in a climactic wave of love and desire, my orgasm hits me like a bat out of hell, soaring through my body making me shudder over and over again as I ride out the trail end.

After two more thrusts, Jack comes, spilling his seed deep into my body, collapsing on top of me, boneless from the completion.

We roll over together, and smile, deciding to talk later and sleep now.

~*+*~

Part 10

I knock on Sam's door, waiting for her to answer. I thought that she might need a shoulder to cry on, and although I'm not Jack, which is what she needs, I can at least offer my support.

After five minutes of knocking, and getting no answer, I open the door expecting to see Sam asleep and exhausted from crying. Just call me Daniel Jackson, human tissue for all.

That's not quite what I see.

Jack and Sam are in bed together.

Naked. And asleep.

After I recover from shock, and make sure that I'm not dreaming, I slowly shake Jack's shoulder, until he's awake.

"What?" he mutters. Then his eyes fly open as he looks at Sam who is still sleeping.

"Anise is looking for you and I'd say that you should go and find her and tell her about this." I tell him before leaving the room to go and stall Anise.

~*+*~

Part 11

I know that everybody thinks that I don't know what happened, but I do. I know that Jack and Sam slept together and I know that now we are all standing before the open wormhole waiting for Jack and his new girlfriend, Anise, to leave for the Tok'ra.

Sam is here, next to me, saying goodbye like any good 2IC would do. I don't know why he's leaving, but I do know that he told anyone who knew about what happened that it was to be kept quiet.

In short, Fre'ya and Anise were never to find out that he had finally done what he wanted most.

She's heartbroken and I suspect that he is too. I don't know why he's leaving, I know that he loves Sam, but for some reason he's keeping up this facade of being in love with Anise.

Anyone who cares to look would be able to see that he doesn't love her anymore than he loves Hathor. There is something going on with him

I just wish that I knew what it was.

~*+*~

Part 12

"Jack?" I ask surprised as the transport rings enter the tunnels. He's holding Anise's hand.

Why?

"Jacob. Good to see you again." He says, dropping his bag to shake my hand.

I return the gesture with a smile.

"So what are you doing here? Not that I'm complaining, of course." I tell him smiling.

"Actually, Anise and I are together, so she invited me to come and live with the Tok'ra. If that's alright with you, wise one." He says, bowing. I have to laugh at him.

"Of course." I tell him, smiling.

"Selmak!" Someone calls from behind me, and I bow my head to allow her to take control.

"Pel'are. What is it?" I ask.

"The Goa'uld have been alerted to our location, they are on their way. We have but hours to depart this planet." She tells me.

"Tok'ra Kree!" I shout.

The evacuation begins.

~*+*~

Part 13

"So who do you think will be our CO?" Daniel Jackson asks, Major Carter and myself.

"I believe that if we find someone unlike Colonel Makepeace, than we shall be able to continue our duties as SG-1." I tell them. Daniel Jackson agrees with me, confirming it with a nod of his head, but Major Carter remains silent.

She has not been happy lately. Colonel O'Neill has been with the Tok'ra for two months, during which Major Carter has spent in her laboratory, but she is treating the situation as though he has died. Whenever someone mentions his name, Major Carter leaves the room. She tries to ignore the fact that he has left and although it is my belief that he made a mistake, I frequently worry about the health of Major Carter.

General Hammond enters the room and we all rise to our feet, as a sign of respect for him.

"Be seated people." He tells us, taking his seat at the head of the briefing room table. "After much deliberation, between myself and the president, we have decided to give command of SG-1 over to Major Carter, who will be immediately promoted. Congratulations Lt. Colonel Carter." He tells us.

"Um, thank you sir. Who'll be our fourth?" She asks.

"No-one. I have decided that for the time being SG-1 will be a three-unit team until we find a suitable candidate for the position. Thank you all for your time, and you're dismissed, with a week's downtime." The general tells us before exiting the room.

I believe that I shall ask his permission to visit my wife and son in the Land of light.

~*+*~

Part 14

"Something wrong Jacob?" I ask the older man, sitting down beside him.

I've been here for almost two months now, and although they are snakeheads, they've all treated me really well. Anise and I are getting along really well, although nothing's happened yet we are doing fine. I miss my friends though.

"Yeah." He mutters.

"Wanna talk about it?" I ask, concern showing on my features.

"I think that there is a spy among us, I don't know who, but somehow we've had six people captured and had to move twice in the last week." He tells me, and I can't say that I'm surprised.

"Yeah, I knew that the Tok'ra were nomadic, but even *I* thought that was strange." I tell him.

I always hated moving when I was back on Earth and I tried to avoid it whenever possible, and now that I've moved planets, I can't say that I like it much more.

"We have no idea who it might be, but we have to find them ASAP. We're screwed if we don't." He tells me. "To make matters worse, one of our people's host is dying. Jatzey. We have a new host on the way, her name is Serina but we believe that she has been taken."

"I'm sorry." I tell him sincerely.

"It's okay." He replies, shaking his head slightly.

"Jake, I know that this may not be the time, but can I ask a favor?" I ask, hoping that he'll say yes. I need something to do.

"What do you need?" he asks.

"I want to go on a mission, and before you say anything, I'll beg if I have to, but lets face it, there is only so many times that I can have lessons on speaking in the Goa'uld language lessons from Anise. I need something to do." I tell him.

Anise is great, and has been really patient with me, but I'm starting to go stir crazy. And spending all day with her then all night is just getting to be too much.

"I'll see what I can do for you, but I won't make any promises." He tells me, and I stand shake his hand and leave to tell Anise the good news.

~*+*~

Part 15

I'm worried about Sam.

She's moody, her emotions are seriously temperamental, and she's always sick, she's out of reality for the better part of the day.

I think that she's pregnant.

I just don't know how to bring it up with her. She's denying that anything happened between her and Jack and she's cutting herself off from everyone. She's becoming even more detached everyday.

It's not healthy. For her, or for the potential child that she may be carrying.

Speak of the devil, she's just come into the infirmary to have her post mission physical.

"Janet." She mutters in way of a greeting.

"Sam." I greet back. "Hope on the table."

She does as asked and I prepare to take her blood sample.

That's when it hits me. If I take a blood sample, which is routine, then I can find out if she's pregnant and then bring it up with her, rather than look like an idiot with too much time on her hands and an over-active imagination.

Probably not very moral, but it's the only way we'll find out.

~*+*~

Part 16

"Are you ready for the mission?" Fre'ya asks me, while where getting changed.

It's a fairly simple mission. We, the Tok'ra, have had several reports that a new system lord, Amonte, who has been capturing women from different planets to trade to other Goa'uld. All we have to do is find out if it's true or not, a simple re-con mission.

"Yeah, I'm ready. Lets go." I tell her, leaving our little room, with no door mind you, and head to the main tunnel where the transport rings are located.

"Don't look so worried, Jack. This is not a difficult mission." Fre'ya tells me.

Sometimes I wonder exactly who I'm in a relationship with. Anise or Fre'ya. Or maybe even both. It's just a little. . . strange.

~*+*~

Part 17

'You shouldn't be doing this, Anise.' Fre'ya tells me. She's the one who wanted him, and now we've got him she's not happy with the way it happened.

'You tricked him' She continues, and Jack and I make the journey to the Stargate. 'You and I both know that he's in love with her.'

'Not for long.' I tell her.

'You can't keep doing this Anise; the end doesn't justify the means. What you are doing is wrong, and you know it.' She says, insisting.

'We.' I tell her, 'Don't you mean what we are doing?' I ask.

'No, I wanted him to love me, for who we are, not because you abused a power that you shouldn't have to start with.'

"You okay?" Jack asks. We've made it halfway to the Stargate, and we've been silent the whole time. I guess he's worried about us.

"Yeah, just talking with Fre'ya." I tell him, smiling. He nods and we go back to our silence.

'Anise, you have to stop this now!' Fre'ya pleads.

'Why?' I ask.

'Because if you keep it up then he may die! Do you want that?' she asks.

'No, of course I don't, but do you want him to go back to Carter? Because that's what's going to happen if we stop the sessions.' I tell her.

Fre'ya stays silent; she knows that I'm right. She knows that if we stop, then he will go back to *her.*

Stage two is about to commence.

~*+*~

Part 18

"So?" I ask Janet. She knows what I mean, anyone who isn't blind and deaf can see what Sam is refusing to.

"Daniel you know that I can't discuss it with you." She tells me.

"But you will." I say, knowing that she will.

"Daniel, I don't know if you've heard, but there is this thing called Doctor/patient confidentiality. I can't talk about it to you, that's up to Sam." She tells me.

"What's up to Sam?" comes a voice from the doorway. Janet and I both turn our heads to the door, where Sam is standing, with her arms crossed around her stomach almost. . . protectively.

"Sam we need to talk." Janet tells her.

"That's my cue to leave." I say, smiling gently at the two women.

"You don't need to go, Daniel. I know what Janet has to say, so you can stay." She tells me, moving further into the room.

"You know what I have to say?" Janet asks, a little surprised.

"Yeah, you think that I'm depressed and need to see Doctor Mackenzie, or some shrink with the right clearance. Right?" She asks.

"No, Sam you're pregnant." Janet says.

The bomb has officially been dropped.

It's just the aftershock that we have to deal with.

~*+*~

Part 19

"Well, looks like we've got the proof we need." I tell the woman beside me.

We can see the camp from here, it's reasonably big, and the complex had had Revetments put over the top of them for camouflage.

Not a bad idea. The Goa'uld are smarter than we give them credit for.

"No!" a woman screams, and I whip around to see a blond haired woman being dragged off by four Jaffa.

That particular woman is wearing fatigues.

Sam!

~*+*~

Part 20

"No!" I scream.

They drag me along for a while, and despite my best efforts to stop them, is a futile attempt. They're stronger than I am, and they outnumber me.

That and the fact that I don't want to hurts Ja. . . *my* baby. The one who has no biological father anymore.

I should have listened to Janet when she told me to go off work. I insisted that I'd be fine, I was so sure that I would be.

Daniel said that the 'Gate might be harmful to my baby, but then I reminded them that Capt. Jones was going through the 'Gate until she was six months along. She's a tiny person, who just thought that she'd put on weight, she was six months pregnant when they found out, and she had her baby almost a year ago. It was fine and healthy and if she could do it then so could I.

"Let me go!" I shout.

One of the Jaffa kicks me behind the kneecap and I hit the ground. The pain in my knee is minimal, and I think that they intended for it to be that way, so that I could still walk.

They wouldn't want to carry me, now would they?

~*+*~

Part 21

"I shouldn't have let her go." I say, pacing around Daniel's hospital bed. "I should have demanded that she stay here!"

"Janet!" Daniel snaps, his arm flying out to catch mine in an effort to stop me from pacing anymore. "Relax, it's not your fault. You and I both know that she would have gone regardless of what you did or didn't demand. You know that!" he insists. I know that he's right, but that will never stop me from feeling part of the blame.

My best friend is out there somewhere, with a Goa'uld, or at the very least a few Jaffa, she's pregnant, depressed and not quite thinking clearly.

"We should call the Tok'ra." I tell Daniel. General Carter should be informed.

Despite everything that's he's put her through in the past three months, so does Jack.

"They've already been called." The General says from the door.

"Thank you sir." Daniel mutters, and I nod my head in agreement.

"Jacob will be here shortly. We hope." He tells us. This is good.

"So what do we do until then?" Daniel asks, attempting to sit up, and failing miserably. He was shot by a staff weapon in the thigh.

"We wait." He tells us, and leaves, just as the sirens of an incoming traveler ringing through the base.

Okay, so apparently we don't have to wait very long.

~*+*~

Part 22

"Sam!" Jack mutters more to himself more than to me.

"Jack, forget her, this isn't our mission!" I tell him, ignoring the protests that Fre'ya is currently voicing.

'How can you say that?' She asks, 'Isn't it obvious that he loves her? Can't you see that.?' Fre'ya never shuts up.

"I don't care, she's my friend and I have to help her!" He insists. I guess he really does love her, but I'll put a stop to that.

'Anise! You can't! Not now, let him save her and then you can do it. She could die!" Fre'ya pleads.

'And then he wouldn't have to worry about her and neither would we!" I tell her, looking at the expression on his face.

'But then he'll be too busy morning her to pay any attention to us! You can't do it!" She returns.

'Fine!' I mutter.

"Anise, please!" He begs, "Help me save her. I need to do this." His eyes are sad, and they are pleading with me more than Fre'ya ever did.

'Anise!' Fre'ya beseeches. 'Let him!'

"Jack," I coo softly. He turns to face me, after taking another long look at Carter.

"Please!" He begs again.

"We'll save her." I tell him and relief floods his eyes, "But first I need to do this." I say holding up my hand while watching the relief in his eyes fade as they turn to fear and confusion.

I ignore the voice of Fre'ya telling me that this is wrong. But I'm giving them both what they wanted, the chance to let him save her. I'm just adding my own personal touches.

Stage three is beginning, it's just been moved up a little.

~*+*~

Part 23

"George!" I exclaim, "Good to see you, old friend. Didn't my daughter want to see me?" I ask, jesting.

I look around and see the faces of the people in the room.

Then it hits me like a ton of bricks.

"What happened to her?" I ask, fear in my voice.

George leads me to his office, where he sits down and tells me that my little girl has been captured by the Goa'uld.

"Who? Apophis?" I ask, needing to know.

'Selmak?' I ask my silent constant companion, 'Do you know anything about this?'

'Jacob, you know that we have no secrets from each other, look into our minds, you'll see what I know.' She tells me.

I do as she suggested and search our mind, she knows the same thing that I do.

Nothing.

"We don't know. Daniel and Teal'c were knocked out before the 'Gate was activated." He tells me.

"What about their fourth?" I ask, all SG teams have at least four members.

"There was no fourth given to SG-1." No fourth? Why not? "Jacob, Sam was promoted to Lt. Colonel and was given command.

Wow.

My little girl was promoted to Colonel and she's not here to have her father congratulate her and embarrass her in front of her friends.

~*+*~

Part 24

"Do you have something to tell us?" Anise asks me. Yes, I do.

"I do not love Samantha Carter, and the only reason that I want to save her is because Jacob would never forgive me, and I want to stay with the Tok'ra and you, my love.," I say, smiling at Anise.

"Good, now we need a plan." She says.

What sort of plan? This is simple, we go in, save Sam and get out. Simple. No plan necessary.

Anise bows her head. "Okay, we go back to the Tok'ra base and then we get you some robes, we go in, pretend that we want a slave and choose Major Carter." Fre'ya suggests.

"No, we go now and we save her now!" I insist. We don't have the time to go back, get that plan authorized and then go and save her. We should do it now.

Fre'ya bows her head again, and it occurs to me that she rarely speaks anymore.

"Jack we save her my way or we do not save her at all." She says raising her hand at me.

~*+*~

Part 25

I have tried to convince Daniel Jackson that Samantha Carter is a strong woman who is an able fighter. She will indeed take care of herself, if not for her then for the safety of her unborn child. However, he is not so sure of that fact.

He is worried that because of the depression that she is suffering, she will do something unwise and endanger herself and her child.

"Do you know where they took her?" General Carter inquires.

"I do not. The Jaffa shot Daniel Jackson and myself with Zat'nicha'tel's before they departed with Samantha Carter through the Stargate. I am sorry." I tell him, bowing my head in an apologetic manner.

"It's okay Teal'c, I know that you would have done everything in your power to stop them from taking my daughter." General Carter assures me.

"So, do we have anything to go on?" Doctor Fraser asks, looking at each of us in turn.

"Nothing." I tell her.

I send a silent prayer to the God that the Tau'ri follow, 'Please let Samantha Carter be well,'

~*+*~

Part 26

"Put this on." One of the Jaffa barks at me.

He leaves the small room that they have put me in and I do as he orders. He throws a robe of some sort in my direction. It's a light blue color, with the front of it ending above the knees and the back trailing along the floor. There are crystals dangling from the low cut top. Any other time and I might have thought that this was actually a nice dress.

When I was first captured, I was certain that they were going to put me into a small cell and feed me once every three days, ignoring the cravings that I am frequently experiencing. Instead, they have done the opposite and given me a lovely dress to wear and more food than I have in my entire house.

I think that they are going to sell me and I don't think that my new owner will be too happy when they find out that I'm pregnant.

I shudder to think what they will do to me and my baby when they find out.

The door opens and two Jaffa's enter the room. "Come with us." They order, and I do what I am told, just for the sake of my baby.

~*+*~

Part 27

I saw her enter the room, wearing a similar gown to mine. My robes, however, are green where as the strangers are blue.

She is lead over to the seat that the last woman vacated, next to me. They push her down roughly, and she looks up at them with hate in her eyes, she has obviously not been informed that we do not look at the false gods.

Not unless we want our eyes cut out.

"I know that it means very little, but welcome. My name is Serina." I say, lowering my head at the woman slightly.

She smiles, "Thanks, I'm Samantha." She tells me.

"You have a lovely name, Samantha. May I offer you some advice, that may come in useful for the duration of your stay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I guess so." She returns.

"Do not look at the Jaffa when they enter the room." I tell her. "Do you see that woman over by the far wall?" I ask, pointing to a woman with her back turned to us. Samantha nods her head. "She made the mistake of looking at them and they cut one of her eyes out, in front of the rest of us." I tell her.

"I'm sorry you had to see that." She tells me. "Didn't anyone try and help her?" She asks.

"No, they are all to afraid to help people in case the false gods hurt them too. I wanted to help, but I am of great importance to my new people." I inform her.

"Your new people?" She queries.

"Do you know of the Goa'uld?" I ask. If she does not, then I will spare her the details of my life.

"Yes, of course. My people are at war against them. They are responsible for countless atrocities." She replies.

"I know. They killed my mother and then my father and I vowed to do anything I could to stop them. I am joining a small group of people who are opposed to their ways." I say, smiling softly.

"The Tok'ra?" She asks.

"Yes, do you know of them?" I ask.

"Yes, my father is one of them. I'm Samantha Carter." She tells me.

"Daughter of Jacob? He is the one who recruited me. He is a great man, wise and caring. I had small misgivings about you, but if you are the daughter of Jacob Carter, then you are a good person." I say smiling.

I may just have made an ally in this hellish place.

~*+*~

Part 28

I hold my hand up to his face.

'Anise!' Fre'ya shouts from inside our head. 'You told him that you'd let him save her! What are you doing?'

'I'm letting him think that he saved her.' I tell her. 'He'll have the memory of saving Samantha and then we can all move on and be happy.' I tell her, focusing on Jack's session.

'This was not the plan! You were going to help us save her!' She cries.

'Us? So you want him to leave you for her? Because you know that's what will happen.' I tell her, ignoring her further protests

~*+*~

Part 29

The doors to the chamber where all the women are being kept are suddenly opened.

Five Jaffa walk into the room escorting two people, wearing long robes, and one of them has a device on their hand. Not quite a hand-device, but something similar.

"Kneel before your gods!" The head Jaffa barks at us, and the women who were standing, quickly fall to their knees, and those of us who had remained seated, bow our heads. I do so too, I want to keep both of my eyes for quite a while longer.

"Why are they here?" I ask Serina, quietly. The Jaffa only come in here when they are dumping a new girl in here.

"The two people in the robes, are here to choose a slave. They shall pick the woman that they think will please them most, and she is bought." Serina whispers back, trying to be discreet.

The two people, or Goa'uld, hold hands as they walk throughout the sea of very scared women, occasionally lifting a face to study it, only to roughly push it away when they are displeased with the female.

I wonder if the person that they choose will become a host?

The figures walk towards Serina and I. Our small group which was joined by another young girl, Dal'ya, a few hours ago.

The male of the two, whose face is concealed by the robe, pulls Dal'ya's head up to look at him, but obviously dislikes her as he pushes her head back down. Poor girl, she can't be more than fifteen or sixteen.

The man lifts my head, and looks at my face, turning my head from side to side, obviously fascinated with my hair. I am, after all, the only blonde among us.

He pulls my face up to study my eyes. And it's only then that I work out who he is.

Jack.

So that would make his companion, Anise.

Maybe they've come to save me.

Jack looks at me for a second, with no recognition whatsoever in his eyes, and then he roughly pushes me away.

Okay, so maybe they haven't come to save me.

~*+*~

Part 30

The last woman that I looked at, the blonde female, looked at me as though she knew me. She looked hurt and disappointed that I did not choose her to be a new host.

She was very attractive and I would have chosen her, except for the fact that the woman next to her is Serina, the new Tok'ra host that Jatzey is waiting for.

"We choose her." Anise says, using her Goa'uld's voice so that I didn't have to talk and reveal the lack of reptilian activity in my head.

~*+*~

Part 31

Samantha has told me of the one called Jack who joined my new people. I saw the hurt in her eyes when he chose me, so I think that this man may be her Jack.

Anise traded a small Tok'ra memory recall device for my release. I do not know if the device is faulty or not, but I imagine that it would be.

"You are Jack?" I ask, once we are out of the complex, waiting for Anise to complete the transaction.

"Yeah, how'd you know?' He asks.

"The blonde woman that was next to me was Samantha Carter. She has told me of you." I tell him.

He looks very surprised.

"Sam's in there?" He blurts out, stumbling over the words.

I nod my head in conformation and before Jack has the chance to reply, Anise comes out from behind us and speaks.

"I was hoping that you would refrain from mentioning that, I didn't want to have to do this." She says, raising her hand.

I watch as Jack falls to the ground, and then suddenly my world goes blank.

~*+*~

Part 32

"I have to go back to go back to the Tok'ra and see if they know anything about my daughter. I'll contact you if I have news." I tell George, before bidding them all fair well before entering the Stargate and going through the dizzying ride that they wormhole creates.

"Jack." I greet the man who is standing by the dial home device.

"Jacob." He returns.

"How'd the mission go?" I ask, eager to hear about something other than my daughter's absence. I'm still debating weather or not to tell Jack.

"Fine. We rescued a friend of yours." He tells me, and Serina steps out from behind himself and Anise.

"Kal sha." I greet.

"Kal sha, Selmak." She returns. "It is a great honor to finally be here with the Tok'ra."

We begin our walk back to the dunes that the transport rings are concealed in, and I begin to question where Serina has been.

"I do not know Jacob. I believe that I was given a chemical to harm my memory. Perhaps Nish'ta. I am unsure." She tells me.

I ponder her statement for a moment before finally answering. "It is not important, all that matters is that you are now with us, and assuming you still want to, we will complete the transference when we return to the Tok'ra tunnels." I tell her and she nods.

'I believe that we may have found the spy, Jacob.' Selmak tells me, silently.

'Maybe.' I return.

Maybe we have, but then again, maybe we're chasing a red herring.

~*+*~

Part 33

"Samantha, do you think that we will be sold?" I ask her, watching as the tears slowly slide down her cheeks.

From what she has told me in the few hours that we have been here, the man that rejected, was her Jack.

And he rejected her for a second time.

"Dal'ya I really wish that I could say no, but I think that we will, but I don't know how long it will take some time. I just hope that we don't get traded off to a complete asshole." She says.

I do not know what an 'asshole' is but it sounded very negative to me. It will take that as a derogatory term towards the Goa'uld who have enslaved so many.

Unfortunately, Samantha and I may be next on their list.

~*+*~

Part 34

"Have we heard from the Tok'ra yet?" Daniel asks me, as I re-dress his thigh.

I shake my head. "No, not yet."

"Do you think she'll be alright?" He asks me.

What can I say? 'Yes Daniel, of course she'll be fine. We have nothing to worry about'? I can't lie to him.

"I don't know." I tell him, honestly, watching the optimism drain from his face.

I should have lied to him.

~*+*~

Part 35

It's been a week since we rescued Serina. She's fitting in well with her new people. Anise is on a mission for a few days so I've been spending a lot of time with her, telling her about Earth, while she tells me about her home planet.

It sounds a little like Kiama Beach in Australia. A truly magnificent place, with white beaches and pure crystal clear waters.

It'd be good for a holiday.

Serina hasn't blended with Jatzey yet; she needs some time to think about it. I think that she'll say yes. She told me what the Goa'uld did to her people and her planet, and she told me that there is nothing more she would like to do than help other innocents who get caught up in the wrath of them.

It is still a big decision.

"Jack?" Serina calls, searching for me throughout the maze of tunnels.

"Serina." I say, stepping out into the corridor to see her.

"I have decided to blend with Jatzey today. I was hoping that you would wish to be there." She says.

"Sure. Let's go."

We walk together towards the room where Jatzey and her host are being kept until Serina made up her mind. Her host, Ocillia, is quite old and looks worse than Selmak's host did before Jacob took over.

"I am ready." Serina tells them.

Jacob orders all of the other Tok'ra to leave the room and it's just him, Serina Jatzey, and me that's left.

"Are you sure about this?" Jatzey asks Serina, her eyes glowing as she took over her host.

"Yes. I have spent the last week getting to know you and I have decided that you are a good person. I want to be one with you." She replies, lying down on the bed next to Jatzey.

"If you are sure, then you must kiss me." Jatzey says, and I fight the urge to laugh.

What ever happened to the back of the neck?

Serina does as asked and I see the Symbiot jump from Ocillia to Serina.

Serina's eyes glow as a tear slips down her cheek at the sight of Ocillia's eyes closing, in death.

~*+*~

Part 36

Dal'ya is scared out of her mind.

I don't blame her, not really. Every time the Jaffa enter the room, we all bow our heads, knowing that one of us is going to go. I know that it won't be long before someone picks me, I have blond hair and that's unusual for most races, but Dal'ya has brown hair with tints of blond through it.

In the eyes of the Goa'uld, she'd make a good host.

"He will come back." She tells me, suddenly bringing my thoughts out of my daydream of living happily ever after.

"Who?" I ask, knowing precisely whom she is referring to.

"Your Jack." She murmurs, as the big doors open and another woman is pushed into the room.

The other women stare at her, but I raise my hand and beckon her to come and sit with us.

She looks at us, her yellow robe, much like mine, flowing on the floor, and finally after taking a look around the sea of females here she decided to come and sit with us.

"What's your name?" I ask, once she is seated.

"Melinda. Who are you?" She asks, clearly confused.

"My name is Samantha, and this is Dal'ya we have been here for over a week now." She looks at me, unsure of what I mean. "Seven sun cycles." I clarify, and she nods understandingly.

"You are with child?" She asks. How did she know that?

"Yes." I say, shocked.

"My race is telepathic." She tells us.

Now I see why she was captured.

~*+*~

Part 37

I think that we have finally figured out who the traitor is. They had us all fooled. Although, the council are not convinced that the host is guilty.

We believe that the host is innocent but we have no proof yet. We will though.

"Jacob? You called for me?" Jack asks, entering my personal quarters.

"Yes. Jack, we need your help." I tell him and he nods.

I still haven't told him about Sam yet. He knows that something is wrong with me, but he assumes that it's about the spy. When I told him that I had gone to Earth to visit my daughter, he asked how everyone was.

Everyone but her.

"What do you want me to do?" He asks, sitting down on the chair next to me.

I open a box, and pull out a Tok'ra memory recall device, and the holographic projector that goes with it so I can see what he does, and interpret it for myself.

"We want to look at you memories and see if you know anything. Without actually realizing it." I tell him, trying to reassure him that we don't think that he's the spy.

"Sure. I guess so." He shrugs.

I place the small circular device on his temple and insert it into his head. Jack winces as it goes in, but he knows that it's all the pain that he will feel. I attach the long, thin, piece of cord that is hooked up to a holographic projector.

"Okay, Jack. Think of the last thing that you watched on television before you left." I tell him, looking for an adequate test run to see if it is in perfect working order.

The screen pops up, with a blue rim around it. I can see a TV set with a hockey game playing on it. I should have guessed.

"Okay, think of the time when you decided to come and live with the Tok'ra. With Anise." I tell him.

~*+*~

Part 38

There was a knock on the door and Jack got up from his position on his bed, to answer it.

Anise was standing there.

'Can I come in?' She asked.

Jack nodded and walked back into the room, while Anise entered and closed the door.

'Can I help you at all? Did you want me to pick out some other unsuspecting female on base so you can embarrass her in front of half a dozen people?' he asked, bitterly.

'No I wanted to apologize. And to ask you to come back with me and live with the Tok'ra. If you wish too.' She said.

'Um, no.' Jack replied, forcefully.

He hated this woman for what she had put Sam through, and the last thing that he wanted was to live with her.

Anise raised her hand, which had a small device on it. Much like a hand device, only smaller with a few very obvious modifications.

Jack moved to stop her, but she was too quick. The device flashed black and a stream of black and purple energy shot out at Jack's forehead.

His knees buckled and he hit the ground.

After a minuet of using the device on him, Anise switched it off. Helping Jack to stand, back in the position he was in before she had attacked him, she repeated her question.

'Would you like to come and live with me?'

Jack looked at her, his eyes glazed over with a dreamy and perhaps drugged expression in them. 'Yes. I wish to come and live with you and the Tok'ra.'

'Good.' Anise muttered with a smile, and kissed him before leaving the room.

~*+*~

Part 40

"Ah, Jacob. Why do I remember that conversation being a little different?' Jack asked me, as soon as the memory was finished.

"I don't know Jack, but keep thinking about what happened next and then we can find out." I said, lying to the other man.

'Jacob why were you not truthful with Colonel O'Neill?' Selmak asks me.

'Because, if we tell him what you and I just figured out, then he will believe that we are trying to split him and Anise up. He needs to see it for himself, and we could use a little more evidence.' I defend.

Selmak remains silent, knowing that I'm right.

~*+*~

Part 41

Jack walked into his quarters to find Anise lying on his bed. She smiled when she saw him, sitting up on the bed.

Anise saw the look that Jack was giving her and immediately sensed that something was wrong.

'Jack?' she questioned. 'What's wrong?'

'I don't want to go back with you.' He told her. 'Sam and I just spent the night together and it made me realize that I don't know why I said yes to coming back with you. I've been in love with her for years and I've only known you for months.' He said, ignoring her hurt look.

It quickly turned from hurt to anger and she raised her hand again, and the device was once again directed at Jack's head.

She was going to control his mind again.

~*+*~

Part 24

"You slept with my daughter?" I ask, more surprised than mad.

"Yes." Jack answered, defeated.

"Well, it's about time." I tell him.

Jack ignores my statement and focuses on a new memory.

~*+*~

Part 43

There is a blonde woman who is being dragged along a path by four Jaffa. She is obviously snuggling to get free.

'Sam!' Jack mutters.

'Jack, forget her, this isn't our mission!' Anise tells him.

'I don't care, she's my friend and I have to help her!' Jack defends.

'Anise, please!' He begs, 'Help me save her. I need to do this.' His eyes are sad, and they are pleading with her.

'Jack,' She calls softly. He turns to face her, after taking another long look at Carter.

'Please!' He begs again.

'We'll save her.' She tells him and relief floods his eyes, 'But first I need to do this.' She says holding up her hand while watching the relief in his eyes fade as they turn to fear and confusion.

Anise activates the device again. After making sure that she had his mind securely linked, she began to speak,

'You do not love Samantha Carter, you are doing this simply because you love us and you want to stay with the Tok'ra. You are doing this for Jacob and not yourself.' She said.

'Yes, Anise.' Jack replies, with the same dreamy expression in his eyes.

'Do you have something to tell us?' Anise asks.

'I do not love Samantha Carter, and the only reason that I want to save her is because Jacob would never forgive me, and I want to stay with the Tok'ra and you, my love.' Jack says, smiling at Anise.

'Good, now we need a plan.' She replies.

~*+*~

Part 44

"Sam has been captured?' Jack asks me.

'You have to tell him now.' Selmak mutters to me.

I tell Jack about Sam, and his eyes get darker and darker with every sentence I say. I know that he is angry with me for not telling him sooner, but I did it for him. It was in his best interests not to know about this.

"We have to go and get her!" He cries, his forehead creasing in tension and desperation, trying to disconnect the recall device, and attempting to get up.

"Not yet." I tell him, putting my hand on his arm to stop him from doing anything stupid.

Something stupid like running to the Stargate and going back to that planet, and going in guns a blazing trying to bust my daughter out of there.

"What? 'Not yet?' She's you daughter Jacob!" He pleads.

"I know that! God, don't you think that I want to save her too?" I ask. "But you and Anise were on that planet and you didn't get her out of there. We need to know what it's like before we go in. Tok'ra Kree!" I shout, to the guard in the hall.

He enters the room and bows his head. I bow mine in return, and so that Selmak can take over.

"Go and find Jatzey! Now." Selmak barks.

I bow my head again and take control back over our body. "Perhaps Serina knows something as well. She was, after all, there with Sam for at least a day. She could be very valuable." I tell him and Jack nods, accepting my explanation.

"You summoned me?" Jatzey asks, running into the room, panting a little from the effort.

"Yes, we need to speak to Serina." I tell her and she bows her head to let the host take control.

"Is something wrong?" She asks.

"Yes" I reply, ushering her to sit down next to Jack.

~*+*~

Part 45

She's been gone for almost a week and a half. We should have got her back by now.

We got a message from the Tok'ra two days ago. Jacob said that they may know where she was taken, but they need to be sure before we go on any form of rescue mission.

We should have had her back by now.

She's like my sister, and I'm getting sympathetic looks from all of the base personnel. It's driving me nuts.

My thigh has healed almost completely now. It still hurts to walk, but I'm studying a ruin that SG-7 gathered pictures of on P5C 825 in order to keep myself busy.

It's not really working very well.

Janet's working on a cure for a disease that SG-4 contracted on their last mission and Teal'c is visiting his family until we have news about Sam. General Hammond is always busy, so he doesn't have to try and keep his mind occupied.

We should have got her back by now.

~*+*~

Part 46

"Have you been experiencing and memory flashback's lately?" Jacob asks me.

I had just gone through the process of remembering my time at the slave camp, including meeting, and becoming good friends with his daughter. My memories of that event did not include anything to do with Samantha Carter.

"Yes, after seeing the memories that you have shown me, it has occurred to me that she is the woman who has featured in my dreams ever since I was blended with Jatzey." I tell him, remembering the dreams and how real they seemed.

"What did you dream about?" Jacob asks me.

"I dreamt about the birth of her child, and I dreamt of all that she told me of her world. Especially the island Hawaii, where she went with you for a holiday when she was fifteen." I tell them, watching as their eyes go wide at the mention of Samantha's child, and Jacob's eyes go even wider at the mention of the holiday that they had, which unless I had met Samantha, I could not have known about.

"Sam's pregnant?" Jack asks.

"I do not know. We simply talked about what our children would look like, and what we would name them if we were to become mothers." I tell them, not wishing to reveal Sam's secret.

As far as I am concerned, if Samantha wished for them to know about her baby then she would have told them herself. It is not my place to say anything about it.

"Can we go and get her now?" Jack asks.

"Should we not wait for Anise to return?" I ask. "She was most helpful in retrieving myself for the blending, she may also be a valuable asset in Samantha's rescue." I say, watching as their faces harden at the mention of Anise.

"No" Jack spits out, gritting his teeth.

"I will get the permission for this plan and then we shall go and get Major Carter out of there." Selmak says, unhooking us from the devices and leaving the room, to seek out the council.

~*+*~

Part 47

This morning, I was almost traded to the Goa'uld Yu. He needed a new host for his queen and when he walked among the sea of women, he spotted Samantha, Melinda and myself.

He was going to choose myself, but another diverted his attention by trying to escape. Yu said that she had spirit, and he would take much pleasure in breaking her strong will. She was taken, screaming along the way.

I know that it is selfish, but I thanked the gods that it was not me who was taken.

Samantha has been here for nearly thirteen sun cycles, I have been here for almost seven cycles, and Melinda has only been here for five cycles.

We are all keeping a mental count of our days here, we do not wish to forget this time.

Although, all of the women here know very well that they will soon be traded, but while we are being kept here, we are trying to enjoy our time.

We are well fed, well clothed, and we have over one hundred women to talk to.

Samantha claims that the way that these women have split up into groups, reminds her of a place her race call 'high school.'

She said that the women divided themselves into 4 groups. We have the 'popular' groups, who are all the most beautiful women among us. We had the 'brainy' group who are all extremely intelligent, we have the 'norm' group, who are neither extremely intelligent, nor incredible beautiful, and then we had the 'loners' who would rather be left alone rather than associate with the other women.

I know of no such place called 'high school' but if they divide themselves into the groups that have formed among us, then I do not believe that I would like it very much.

"Dal'ya?" Melinda calls, bringing me out of my daydream.

"What is it?" I ask.

"The Goa'uld are coming to choose another. I know who it is, that they will take." She tells me, looking sad for the one who shall be next.

"Who?" I ask, watching as her eyes scan the room, behind her closed eyelids.

"You."

~*+*~

Part 48

We were all aware that there was a spy among us, and now Selmak believes that she knows who that spy is.

"Who?" I ask.

"Garshaw, Jacob and I are both in agreement that it is anise who is the traitor." She tells me.

"Anise?" Janelle asks, shocked. "She has been among the Tok'ra since before your blending with Jacob Carter. Do you have any evidence to support this theory?"

"That would be where I come into this." Jack comments, walking into the Tok'ra council chambers.

"How do you fit into this?" Janelle asks.

~*+*~

Part 49

"Me?" Dal'ya questions, confused.

"I am sorry, but as you know, my race is telepathic, we also have the ability to see the future, and I can sense the thoughts of the next Goa'uld that will visit this place. I saw the future and I saw you being taken by the Goa'uld. I am sorry that it is me who must bring you this news, but I felt that if you knew, you would be able to prepare yourself." Melinda tells her.

I want to go home. I hate this place. We make friends with most of the new people and then they are chosen to become hosts. The worst part of it is that most of them think that they are going off to be slaves to the Queen of the one who chose them. Hardly anyone understands that they are going to be the Queen's slave, just not in the way that they think.

At one stage, a few days ago, we had seven in our group. Four of them were chosen within two days of their arrival. And then there were three.

I don't know why, but when the Goa'uld come to take one of us away, I find myself thinking about Daniel and Teal'c. I wonder what they are doing and I wonder how they are, what they are thinking about and stuff like that.

I wonder if Cassie passed the science test that I helped her study for. I wonder if Janet ever worked up the nerve to ask Daniel out or not. They'd make a cute couple.

Janet used to say that about Jack and I, that we'd make a cute couple. Look what happened with us. He got, for lack of a better word, engaged, to Anise, we slept together I got knocked up and I haven't heard from him since. To make matters worse, Jack came here, to this place, and then he picked Serina, so that she could go and have the blending done.

I know that as a future Tok'ra host she's important, but the least he could have done was shown some sign of recognition towards me. He just looked at me like another one of the slave women, as though he didn't even know me.

I was heart broken.

~*+*~

Part 50

"When will you be ready to receive the gift?" She asks me, bowing at my feel.

"Soon. We will need to make them re-locate before we can execute our plan." I tell her.

"Very well, my lord. They are currently stationed on the planet Daflyn. Will you be requiring the co-ordinates?" She asks, raising her head to look at me.

"No. I know of the planet, and I also know the glyphs for the Chap'pai."

"Very well. I shall depart so as not to arouse suspicion." She remarks, standing and heading towards the door that leads to the Stargate room.

"My lord?" She asks, before opening the door.

"Yes, my servant."

"I do not wish to tell you how to go about your business, but it would be wise if you were to go to the new planet soon. My people believe that there is a spy among us, and I suspect that it will not be long before they come to the conclusion that it is I. They will kill you if they can."

"I know that. Leave me now!" I command, and she walks out of the room to return to her people.

The people that I intend to kill.

~*+*~

Part 51

"People," I say entering the room. "Take your seats. We just got a message from the Tok'ra. They've found out something that they though you might like to hear." I tell them watching as three sets of eyes stare at me.

I asked Doctors, Jackson and Fraser and Teal'c to sit in on this briefing because I know that both Colonel's O'Neill and Carter are their friends and they all have a right to know.

"What is it?' Dr Jackson asks me.

"I thought that rather tell you myself, I would get somebody who could explain it better." I say, pointing towards the door.

Colonel O'Neill walks into the room, smiling at his friends.

"Jack?" Daniel asks, clearly shocked at his friend's return.

"Yep." He says, incredibly nonchalant.

"Why are you back here?" Doctor Fraser asks, obviously not happy with his return.

She was never in favor of the Colonel's decision to leave the SGC. Especially after she found out that Colonel Carter was pregnant. I don't think that it helped the situation that she then got captured and has been gone for almost two weeks.

"I'm here to let you all know what's going on." He tells them.

They were all off base attending a production that Cassandra was putting on for her school when he got back. When he left I slipped a GDO into his pocked just in case he changed his mind, against the recommendation of the Joint Chiefs.

"Well?" Daniel asks.

Jack sits down next to Dr Fraser and pulls out a small holographic device. It's similar to the one that Jacob bought to Earth when we were hunting for Seth.

"It turns out that the Tok'ra have had a spy among them. We recently found out who it is." Jack says, activating the device. "I went on a mission with the spy, to check out a Goa'uld slave trade palace. Sam was there." Jack tells them and we both watch as their eyes go wide in shock.

"Is she alright?" Daniel asks.

"Yeah, she's okay. I saw her and wanted to go in and get her but the spy disagreed with me. Then they remembered that they had heard that one of the future hosts, Serina, had been captured by a Goa'uld on the way to the Tok'ra R.V. point. So we went in and I saw Sam. Actually I stopped in front of her and then I saw Serina so we saved her and left Sam."

"You just left her there?" Daniel exclaims.

"No, you see the thing is that the spy had been using a version of the hand device on me to control my mind and my memories. So I thought that I had saved Sam. It was going fine for them until Serina and I started talking and we discovered that her and Sam had become good friends, now when she told me about her new found friendship, the pieces of the puzzle started to come together. That's when the spy cams out and used the hand device on Serina and I so we lost our memories of seeing Sam there. Just watch this to find out the rest." Jack says, activating the device, and pointing towards the holographic image that pops up.

~*+*~

Part 52

Jack showed us pictures of what happened to him, and of the time he saw Sam. I think that considering the fact that she's been captured by a Goa'uld, she looks really well.

I don't know what we had expected, but what we saw was not it. I think that for some reason we were all expecting her to be thrown into a dark cell where she would be fed when it suited her captors. Instead, she was dressed in lavish robs, with enough food to feed a small country and lavish cushions that she could sit on. She wasn't being forced to work in any slave camps, which could harm her baby, so aside from the fact that sooner or later she would be sold, they are treating her well.

I just hope that she hasn't been bought yet.

~*+*~

Part 53

Dal'ya was chosen this morning. It seems that Yu wasn't happy with just one slave, so he came back for more.

When he walked in, we all feared that he had killed the last girl that he had bought. But some of the women up the front who know how to speak their language, over heard Yu telling one of the other Jaffa that his first slave is working fine, but she has more tasks to do than one slave can handle, so he thought that he would buy a new one.

I think that their terminology for us is so flattering!

Sometimes, when I'm waiting for the latest Goa'uld to choose one of us, I wonder about the strangest things. When Yu took Dal'ya I found myself wondering if I had locked my keys in my car. The all of a sudden, I couldn't stop thinking about getting a good meal of Sushi. Normally, I can't stand the stuff, but for some reason I had the strongest craving.

I guess that it's just another reason for me to get home. I want to go back to Earth so that I can eat scrambled eggs, tomato sauce and mustard, while I watch the guys turn green at the sight.

I want to go home.

~*+*~

Part 54

When they came, Samantha had just been in the Washroom being sick. She said that she had what was called 'morning sickness.' I do not know if this is a result of pregnancy or a virus that the Tau'ri contract but I have concluded that I do not wish to get it.

They chose Samantha, when she exited the other room. I have been here together for a week now, and I have seen several women taken, and they all had fear governing their features, but Samantha did not. She looked surprised, excited and almost. . . happy.

I believe that the man who took her, was the one she referred to as 'Jack.'

I do not understand her strange behavior, but after searching her mind, I learnt that her father and friends are the ones who saved her.

I can only wish the same fate upon myself and the other women who are still trapped here.

~*+*~

Part 54

"What will you offer me in exchange for the female?" I ask them, expecting a good price for the one with the hair of gold.

"On the way into your complex, my Jaffa noted that your guards are lacking Zat'nicha'tel's. I offer you five, in exchange for the female." Jac'onar tells me, his eyes flashing.

"Done." I say, accepting the gift from him, and waving my arm towards the door. We are finished here.

~*+*~

Part 55

"Are you okay?" Dad asks me, for what seems like the hundredth time.

"Yes!" I snap, instantly regretting it. "I'm sorry Dad, I guess that I'm just tired. I might go and lay down for a while." I tell him, moving to the back of the Teltak.

I lay down on the pillows and blankets that were laid out for me, assumedly by Teal'c.

Daniel wasn't able to come on this mission; his thigh got infected after it had almost healed. So instead, Dad and Teal'c came and pretended to be the god Jac'onar and his Jaffa in order to 'buy' me.

"Hey Carter." A voice calls from behind me, a voice that I would know anywhere.

I spin around at the shock to hearing that familiar voice again. A little too fast as luck would have it and I suddenly find myself falling towards the ground.

Jack catches me just before my nose collides with the floor. He always did like to be the hero.

"Whoa, be careful." He tells me, gently scolding with a trace of humor in his voice.

"Thanks for catching me, Jack." I tell him, ignoring the surprised look on his face at the use of his given name. The last time he heard me say it was when I was lying on my bed, naked, and screaming it out.

"Jack?" He questions, still amused.

"You're not my superior officer anymore." I tell him, aware of the fact that he's still holding me from when he stopped me from falling.

That and the fact that neither of us has attempted to move from our current position.

"Who made you colonel?" He asks, still amused.

"Actually," I start, pulling out of his arms. "The General did when he made me CO of SG-1, and the old CO left to live with a race of people who he dislikes greatly." I say, unable to keep the bitterness from my voice.

"Yeah, what an ass." He says, smiling slightly.

"Actually I was going to go with bastard, but if you want to use ass, then who am I to complain." I tell him.

~*+*~

Part 56

I have to smile at her comment. I guess that it wasn't just me, maybe all SG-1 commanding officers are destined to become sarcastic at one point or another.

All of a sudden, Sam double's over in pain, holding her stomach.

"Sam!" I cry, rushing to her side in an instant.

"I'm alright." She mutters.

"I don't think so." I tell her, watching as she grimaces in pain again.

"I'm fine, I guess it must be something that I ate." She tells me, recovering from her 'episode' and letting me help her sit down on the makeshift bed that I set out for her.

"What were they feeding you?" I ask, humorously.

"Lots of stuff. They have some nice food, but nothing beats a good old-fashioned Steak. Man, I would kill for one of them." She says, shaking her head.

"Cravings?" I ask and she nods. "I remember when Sara was pregnant, all she would eat for the first few months was scrambled eggs with tomato sauce and mustard. Just watching her eat it was enough to make even *me* sick." I tell her laughing at the thought of me running to the bathroom every time she offered to cook throughout her pregnancy.

Then I see the look on her face. It's a look of recognition.

"Yeah, during my first moth, that was all I wanted. But I've moved past that now, steak's the way to go." She tells me.

"You're pregnant?" I ask, shocked. Who's the lucky guy?

"I thought that Serina told you." She murmurs, obviously regretting mentioning it.

"Anyone I know?" I ask.

"Nope. Just a sperm donor. Nothing more. He doesn't even know that I'm pregnant, and he's not going to find out." She tells me.

"Sam, I don't want to interfere, but if this guys going to be a Dad then he has the right to know. Unless of course the conception wasn't consented?" I ask, praying that I'm wrong about the conception of her child.

"Yes, it was consented, just not planned, that's all. You think I should tell him?" She asks, her brow creasing up in concentration like I remember.

"Yeah. Any father to be would want to know, and if he doesn't then he's not worth the trouble." I tell her, racking my brain to try and remember if she was seeing anyone the last time that I saw her.

"I guess you're right." She tells me, pausing. "Jack you are going to be a Dad." She blurts out.

Me?

~*+*~

Part 57

We were contacted by General Carter a few hours ago. Apparently they have gotten Sam back and are heading to the Tok'ra planet. It's about two days travel from where they were so Sam will be home shortly. Apparently the Colonel is back for good, too.

Sam is going to love that!

"Janet!" Daniel exclaims, practically leaping up out of his bed. "Did you hear about Sam?" He asks me.

"Yes. It's good isn't it?" I ask him and he nods his head vigorously.

"Definitely." He agrees.

I'll be glad once I know that she is back, and hopefully healthy.

~*+*~

Part 58

"Say something." I tell him. I'm getting worried about his continuous silence. And frankly it's getting annoying.

"Me?" he chokes out, almost like he was trying to throw up razors.

"No, the other Jack in the room. Yes you." I tell him, my hormones getting the better of me. God, he can be so infuriating at times!

"When did this happen?" He asks, and I find myself wondering if he is just playing dumb or if living with 'Tok'ra Barbie' has lowered his IQ. I really shouldn't call her that, she is after all Jack's girlfriend.

"Well, let me think." I say, letting sarcasm taking over my body. "I really don't know considering how many times we've slept together!" I shout at him.

"I meant, when did you find out?" He rephrases.

"About a month after you left." I tell him, watching as his body goes stiff at the mention of his departure.

"Yeah, about that. . ." He starts, but I don't want to hear it. I don't care about his life with Anise and I don't want to hear about it.

"Don't worry about it. I hope you and Anise are very happy together." I say, lying through my teeth

"She brainwashed me." He blurts out, and I sit here with my eyes wide in shock as he tells me everything that Anise has done to him.

~*+*~

Part 59

I could hear Jack telling Sam about what Anise has done. Although we now know who the spy is, we don't know what she's planning or whom she's working for. Our best guess is Apophis, but we can't be sure.

I make sure that the ship is secured on auto pilot, and walk out of the small room. We still have a long journey ahead of us, so I'm going to get some sleep while I can. If need be, Teal'c doesn't sleep, he meditates so if anything goes wrong, then he can wake me.

I walk into the part of the ship that we have designated our sleeping quarters to see Sam and Jack, both asleep with their arms wrapped around each other, with one hand each on her stomach.

'See I told you that she was with child.' Selmak gloats, inside my head. 'You own me twenty dollars.' She tells me.

I shake my head, 'Yeah right, what are you going to do with it, go shopping for new robes?' I ask, and we both chuckle.

I lie down on my 'bed' and close my eyes, to retreat into dreams of having three grandchildren.

~*+*~

Part 60

"Colonel Carter," I say, shaking her shoulder slightly.

"Teal'c, what's wrong?" She asks, still partly asleep.

"We have arrived at our destination. You should rise and prepare to go through the Stargate." I tell her, watching as her eyes scan the room , searching for Colonel O'Neill. "He is helping General Carter to un-load the ship." I tell her.

She gets up, and begins to retrieve her bedding to take back to the Tok'ra base, and I bend down to help her in her task.

Colonel Carter nods her head in thanks and I bow mine in return.

~*+*~

Part 61

Sam's been home for two days now.

When she got back, I had to perform numerous tests on her. Just to make sure that she and the baby were all right.

Thankfully, they were both fine.

"I told him." She tells me, sipping coffee in my office. I find myself remembering a time, about four months ago, when we were seated here and doing this exact same thing.

"What'd he say?" I ask, sipping my own beverage.

"He was shocked to say the least." She returns.

"Understandably. So what are his plans now?" I ask.

"Didn't you hear about Anise?" She asks and I shake my head. "She was trading all of the Tok'ra's secrets to Apophis. She was also brainwashing Jack into wanting to be with her. Apparently when they came into the slave palace for the first time, she had brainwashed Jack into believing that I wasn't there. So, I guess that you were right, she did feel threatened." She tells me, and I smile a small satisfactory smile.

"Bitch." I comment. "So Jack's back for good then?" I ask, studying her expression.

"Yes he is." Says a voice, coming from the doorway.

I look up to see the Colonel leaning against the door frame, smiling at Sam.

They both mutter a quick 'goodbye' before dashing out of my office.

They're a cute couple. Although, from what Sam tells me, they aren't a 'couple' yet, they are just good friends,

Why don't I believe that?

~*+*~

Part 62

Sam and I came here to talk about things.

So we sit on the park bench, not talking. This is getting us nowhere.

My arm is around her and she has her head on my shoulder. We are just sitting here, staring at the children who are playing on the jungle gyms.

"You know, that could be our kid one day." I tell her, watching a she smiles at the mention of 'our' kid.

"Maybe." She comments. Well this conversation is certainly flowing smoothly.

~*+*~

Part 63

"Do you know what decision they will make?" The president asks me, through the phone line.

"No, Sir. All that I know is that they are off base at the moment, trying to sort all of this out." I reply.

"Tell me again, General, why did Colonel O'Neill leave to live with the Tok'ra?" He asks me.

"Anise had brainwashed him into believing that he was in love with her and her host Fre'ya." I tell him.

"Very well then. They both have my expressed permission to continue a relationship, if they wish. Keep me informed." He tells me.

"Yes sir."

We hang up the phone, and I sit in my office and wonder what sort of decision they will reach.

With any luck, it'll be the right one.

~*+*~

Part 64

I watch as the children climb up the ropes and go down the slippery dips. Jack is right, that could be our child playing in the playground one day.

"Do you want to keep sitting here in silence?" I ask, humor lacing my tone.

"I don't know what you want me to say. I told you what Anise did, so there's not much that I can say, but you know that I love you." He tells me.

Yes, I do know that he loves me and if I had been asked four months ago how I felt than I would have been able to return the gesture in a heartbeat. I just don't know anymore. I've been through so much lately and my judgment is seriously clouded.

"I know you do." I tell him, sighing, "I just don't know how I feel." I tell him tactfully. I don't want to hurt him but there is so much bad blood between us at the moment.

"I understand." He mutters, and I know that he doesn't, but I can't explain it.

I place my hand on my rapidly growing stomach, and feel the little miracle that I have growing inside me.

I'm sorry little one.

~*+*~

Part 65

I can see them sitting together on the bench. They aren't talking, they're just sitting there, holding each other.

But they both look so sad.

Sam is confused, and so is Jack so I didn't really expect them to come to any conclusions today.

"I'm sorry to interrupt." I mutter, coming up behind them. "But we have to get back to base." I tell them, sparing them the details for now.

"What is it Danny?" Jack asks, getting up and helping Sam to stand.

"Half of the Tok'ra have been wiped out. Anise is still alive," I tell them, starting the walk back to my car. "She has given Apophis the coordinates to their planet, and he's attacked." I say, watching as Jack's face hardens at the mention of Anise and I see Sam's eyes well with tears at the though of her father.

"When?" She asks.

"They were attacked this morning and the you Dad came through to ask for our help. He's fine Sam." I reassure her.

She nods, and we got into the car and I start the drive back to the base.

~*+*~

Part 66

I didn't want to have to bring them into this, but we need help. The Tollan are only willing to help up to a point, the Nox are pacifists so they won't help, but I know that Jack feels partly responsible for what has happened so he'll help.

"What do we have to do?" George asks me, once Daniel has returned from picking up Jack and my daughter.

"We have to stop her. The plan is to surrender, and the have the few Tok'ra that we can spare and, if you're willing the SGC personnel, to come out and kill the Jaffa who are planning to take us to Apophis. With any luck Anise will be there so we can dispose of her too." I tell them.

"General?' Jack asks, looking at his leader.

"A lot of our units are currently off-world. We can, however, spare SG teams 1, 4, 5 and 8. They will be ready to leave in half an hour. People, you have a go." He tells them, standing to exit the room.

~*+*~

Part 67

"Sam?" Colonel O'Neill question as Colonel Carter prepares to depart.

"What?" She asks, turning to look at him.

"Are you sure that you should be going on this mission?" He asks, concerned for the safety of their unborn child.

"Jack, will you stop worrying. It is perfectly safe for me to go." She returns.

Colonel O'Neill nods his head, and returns to the task of getting ready to go and help the Tok'ra defend themselves against Apophis and Anise.

I gave misgivings about this mission upon which we are about to embark. I, like all others, was fooled by Anise. It is not she that I am concerned for, but her host Fre'ya. It has not been proven that she is guilty, but Daniel Jackson has pointed out to me that the host could in fact stop the symbiot if required.

~*+*~

Part 68

We started fighting, the minute we stepped out of the Stargate. Apophis had his goons ready and waiting for us. We should have just started firing through the wormhole and save ourselves a lot of time.

We were mainly fighting Serpent guards, but Anise and Apophis were nowhere in sight. I wanted to go after her, but we were all pretty much pinned down.

We managed to take out all of the guards, and only suffered three casualties to our side.

So now, here I am, walking through the tunnels of the latest palace that Apophis has built for himself and his new queen.

"Do you know where we are supposed to be going?" I ask Daniel, quietly.

"Yes, Jack. I do, I always come here so I know it like the back of my hand!" He exclaims, irritated at the repetition of my question.

"Sorry." I mutter.

~*+*~

Part 69

I walk behind Jack, my Zat gun armed and ready.

We were fighting for a maximum of ten minutes, which is good because it doesn't give Snakehead and Tok'ra Barbie much of a head start on us.

Assuming, of course, that they are even in this complex.

"We were waiting for you." Anise says, as we walk around the corner to see the sitting together on a long throne.

Jack doesn't even acknowledge her comment, but simply scans the room, looking for any Jaffa who are probably lurking near bye to kill us.

"Are you looking for our Jaffa?" Anise asks, and I see Jack's eyes flicker to her, if only for a second. "Would it make you feel better to know that we have them here to kill you?" She asks,, not really needing to hear the answer.

"Ren Tel Nok!" She shouts, her voice distorted. Suddenly the space that lies between them and us is filled with Jaffa, staff weapons armed and ready.

"Crap." Daniel mutters, and I turn to look at him surprised at his use of foul language.

I turn around in time to see the Jaffa take up an attack position. I find myself wondering if they are going for hand to hand or just an all out slaughter thanks to Staff weapons.

"Jaffa!" Apophis shouts, "Kree!"

They all rush towards us while some stay behind to protect Apophis and Anise.

The battle has commenced.

~*+*~

Part 70

It was over in a matter of seconds, at least that's how it felt. We managed to take out most of the Jaffa, who chose to use their staff weapons as hand-to-hand dueling.

Apophis fled when he saw that his guards were being knocked out.

I don't know how it happened, but all of a sudden Sam was fighting Anise. They were throwing, and receiving, blows too quickly for the majority of us to keep up with.

Then it happened.

Anise hit Sam directly in the stomach, and then Sam doubled over in pain.

I shot Anise with a Zat gun, while Jacob and Jack ran to Sam's side to help her up. I don't know exactly what's wrong, despite my medical knowledge of pregnancy, but she passed out the moment that we tried to move her, so Jack picked her up while Teal'c grabbed Anise and we started heading back to what remained of the Tok'ra base.

~*+*~

Part 71

"She is weak." I vaguely hear one of the Tok'ra tell me. I have been by Sam's side for almost three hours now.

When we fist got here, she was hemorrhaging. They though that she was going to loose the baby, so they used a healing device on her. Jacob told me that she would be unconscious for a while, so all we can do is wait.

Doc Fraser came through during the first half an hour to check her over. She said that Sam and the baby would be fine, they just needed to rest for a while.

"When will she wake up?" I ask, looking at the Tok'ra who has been here the whole time.

"Now." Comes a muttered response from the bed.

I look down to see Sam's eyes staring back up at me. All of a sudden, relief floods throughout my body and I can't help but have a big grin on my face.

"You had us all worried for a second there." I tell her, gently scolding. Sam smiles.

"Sorry." She mutters, still smiling.

Suddenly there is a sound from the doorway, and I turn around to see Anise standing there in one of her short little outfits.

I pull out my Zat gun, and aim it directly at her, fire in my eyes.

"If you come near her then I'll give you the full load of this thing." I tell her, my voice icy as I indicate towards the Zat in my hand.

And she shouldn't think for a minute that I wouldn’t shoot her. At the moment, I would gladly do it.

"Jack, please! Anise is gone!" She pleads, the tears beginning to well in her eyes.

"Listen," I start, slowly walking towards her, my jaw clenched. "I will tell you this once, and once only. If you come near her I will kill you. I don't care which soul is currently inhabiting your body. Do not come near either of us, ever again! Do you understand?" I ask, watching as she nods her head and slowly starts to back out of the room.

"Jack?" Sam mutters, still suffering from the effects of the sedative type thing that she as given.

"I'm here." I tell her, stroking her damp hair off her forehead.

"My baby?" she asks, her voice a quiet whisper.

"He, or she, is fine. You are fine." I tell her, watching as the relief fills the little part of her face that is showing on her face.

"Good." She murmurs. "Definitely good."

And I watch as she goes to sleep.

~*+*~

Epilogue

There are dozens of people walking along the park. Some are holding hands, some linking arms. All looking happy.

I'm walking down the path, holding my husband's hand, and rubbing my protruding stomach.

We didn't get married for love. Not that I’m saying that we don't love each other, believe me, we do. It's just that after everything that Anise did, including the attempt she made to kill me and my baby, still haunt me.

I wake up during the night, so sure that I’ll find myself at my old home, alone in an empty bed, with no baby. I think that it's the knowledge that this makes about seven total Tok'ra who have either been spies or just plain evil.

Jack and I have a lot to get through before we can really move on, but I think that we'll get there. We learnt how much one woman can damage a relationship, and now we have to deal with the effects.

"I don't know if I told you, but I love you. You do know that, don't you?" Jack asks, kissing the top of my head as we walk.

"I know. And I love you too." I tell him, suddenly feeling extremely happy.

Yeah, one woman certainly can damage a relationship, but I think that we'll be okay.

I know we'll be okay.

~*+*~

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to venom_69